PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Launcher vs. Apocalypse

Fallen_Aingeal
12-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Let me start by stating; I am NOT looking for a nerf of the Pumpkin Launcher. It is a Super Jackpot, and should be as deadly as it is. However:

When comparing the 2 launchers side by side, the apoc performs not much better than a pea shooter in pvp. PL's are usually a 1 shot kill, whereas the nuke of the apoc barely tickles the shields.

Bring the apoc back to the glory we witnessed and enjoyed a short time ago. One SJP should not completely outclass another as the PL does to the apoc.

If a few pumpkins can insta-kill, then a damned nuke ought to be able to do the same!

DEATHBRINGER210
12-04-2017, 04:07 PM
they just need to nerf the pumpkin rockets mag roll or fire rate.

Jack Robo
12-04-2017, 04:13 PM
theyre both easy to defeat. apoc dont do loads of dmg. and the pl can be countered by speed. idk why but it seems to work as i run omni rig so little defense but speed helps

Johnny Dbag
12-04-2017, 04:25 PM
I agree with Reb. Realistically, the pumpkin launcher isn't even a super jp. Didn't it come in a vanity bundle? So they are not all that rare when compared to Apocalypse. Yet the pumpkin launcher works. All the time. And works well in pvp. Apocalypse does not. Apocalypse takes a long time to reload. It is difficult to move around much when reloading. Pumpkin launcher no. You can run around shooting 5 foot pumpkins down 6 foot hallways, pretty much all match long.

CalamityDusk
12-04-2017, 05:13 PM
The pumpkin launcher is my main weapon for pvp. It's not overpowered.

It's a manually det slow moving giant pumpkin that starts off with 1 mag. The only way to obtain 5 or 6 pumpkins is to get the mag mastery.

The reload is extremely slow without any help from a rig or backpack syn.

The base weapon is utter trash.

Apoco was nerfed in pvp but it is still reliable in pve

The only way a pumpkin launcher is good in pvp is if it's t6 and t5ed with the proper rolls.

It doesn't one shot nor insta kill decently geared people.

The only way I'm able to one "mag" people is thru using overcharge of shadow strike which grants 30% more dmg when using ur ego power.

It also needs to hit multiple crits.

my pumpkin launcher that is t6 t5ed has a reload of 4.0. If I use ga syn or pand it's 2.5 and able to reload 2 mags out of 5 or 6. If you jump in pvp it'll reload 1. If you are bioed and reload you reload 1. It's also manually det as I mentioned b4. Meaning you either have to hit the ground or spam all pumpkins close enough to manually kill someone. Not to mention if one of ur own pumpkins blow up near you
You literally get one shot. In pvp explosives do x2 the dmg in pve to the own player. It's extremely hard to fight anyone in close quarters with pillars or boxes in the way.

It's overrated. It's like any gun. If you know how to use it you'll dominate the pvp game.

I don't think it's fair to compare such different guns in defiance pvp.

One needs to be built perfectly to even do well with in pvp. Because in pve it's trash compared to the meta in pve

The other is a shadow of its former self in pvp but still does well in pve.

Two different archetypes.

I spent a good 3000 af to build my pumpkin to my liking. Even with my omni rig and 15% shield dmg keystone it won't one mag people.

If you compare the damage to let's say a bb in pvp they are equal.

Meaning if I used a bb in pvp instead of my pumpkin I could bunny hop... and kill from far away...and block crucial areas in pvp.

Can't ask for a buff because of a different style gun that does better

._.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-04-2017, 06:02 PM
they just need to nerf the pumpkin rockets mag roll or fire rate.

Sorry Southy, I gotta disagree. The nerfs in this game don't help do anything except destroy, otherwise, good guns. The Apoc is the prime example of that.

The pumpkin launcher is my main weapon for pvp. It's not overpowered.

It's a manually det slow moving giant pumpkin that starts off with 1 mag. The only way to obtain 5 or 6 pumpkins is to get the mag mastery.

The reload is extremely slow without any help from a rig or backpack syn.

The base weapon is utter trash.

Apoco was nerfed in pvp but it is still reliable in pve

The only way a pumpkin launcher is good in pvp is if it's t6 and t5ed with the proper rolls.

It doesn't one shot nor insta kill decently geared people.

The only way I'm able to one "mag" people is thru using overcharge of shadow strike which grants 30% more dmg when using ur ego power.

It also needs to hit multiple crits.

my pumpkin launcher that is t6 t5ed has a reload of 4.0. If I use ga syn or pand it's 2.5 and able to reload 2 mags out of 5 or 6. If you jump in pvp it'll reload 1. If you are bioed and reload you reload 1. It's also manually det as I mentioned b4. Meaning you either have to hit the ground or spam all pumpkins close enough to manually kill someone. Not to mention if one of ur own pumpkins blow up near you
You literally get one shot. In pvp explosives do x2 the dmg in pve to the own player. It's extremely hard to fight anyone in close quarters with pillars or boxes in the way.

It's overrated. It's like any gun. If you know how to use it you'll dominate the pvp game.

I don't think it's fair to compare such different guns in defiance pvp.

One needs to be built perfectly to even do well with in pvp. Because in pve it's trash compared to the meta in pve

The other is a shadow of its former self in pvp but still does well in pve.

Two different archetypes.

I spent a good 3000 af to build my pumpkin to my liking. Even with my omni rig and 15% shield dmg keystone it won't one mag people.

If you compare the damage to let's say a bb in pvp they are equal.

Meaning if I used a bb in pvp instead of my pumpkin I could bunny hop... and kill from far away...and block crucial areas in pvp.

Can't ask for a buff because of a different style gun that does better

._.The PL does one shot kill in pvp. To say differently is to base yourself and your defense of the weapon, in denial.

I don't care that it one shots. My point is, simply, if any weapon should have the "ability" to one shot, it should be the Apoc. Yet, it's a marshmallow shooter in pvp. Yet, there are a few other weapons that consistently one shot kill.

One of the "selling points" of the Apoc was its massive dmg and dmg radius. Being able to take out a "crowd". In pvp, it merely nudges the shields. I hardly consider that "massive dmg"!

DEATHBRINGER210
12-04-2017, 06:05 PM
the apoc was glitchout because of the issue with the bmgs.

CalamityDusk
12-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Sorry Southy, I gotta disagree. The nerfs in this game don't help do anything except destroy, otherwise, good guns. The Apoc is the prime example of that.

The PL does one shot kill in pvp. To say differently is to base yourself and your defense of the weapon, in denial.

I don't care that it one shots. My point is, simply, if any weapon should have the "ability" to one shot, it should be the Apoc. Yet, it's a marshmallow shooter in pvp. Yet, there are a few other weapons that consistently one shot kill.

One of the "selling points" of the Apoc was its massive dmg and dmg radius. Being able to take out a "crowd". In pvp, it merely nudges the shields. I hardly consider that "massive dmg"!

It can't one shot even the lowest geared person. It can one mag people but it's far
From a one shot.

Apoc does need a rework done tho. It isn't fair to those who have such a awesome weapon. I feel as though a afflictor does better

Oumar
12-04-2017, 06:44 PM
I want to see that "skilled" player dominating pvp with an half finished weapon that don't even propel and detonate well 2/3 of their projectile.

I don't understand what happened with those uptades, but 1-2 week after their releases, thoses weapons weren't so op at the point that they need to be destroyed, Apocalypse an Sol included.

Before that was 1-3 rockets for apocalypse to kill, now for sure it's a minimum of 2-6 max for a 6k ego player.
Same problem with Sol, i need 2 entire charge to kill a player, before that was a little bit less than one.

XKINGJAMESX
12-05-2017, 06:56 AM
The Pumpkin Launchers are over powered and need to be reduced. Also need to take a look at the Nano Fraggers

CalamityDusk
12-05-2017, 07:22 AM
The Pumpkin Launchers are over powered and need to be reduced. Also need to take a look at the Nano Fraggers

Smh. Nano fraggers don't need to be checked. They are fine as is.

The only way you can one shot someone effectively is with a shot to the head. It has to hit crits.

My whole post on this thread was that the pumpkin doesn't need a change.

Simply saying it's overpowered without any info is just bluntly repetitive

Bloodbath82
12-05-2017, 10:01 AM
From the perspective of a player that owns neither of these guns..... Apocalypse is a nuke unless you're a cockroach you shouldn't survive a single shot. I've been on the business end of it when it did one shot I hated it but not a single of my posts supports it's Nerf. It's a nuke Ppl should die when shot with it. As far as the pumpkin launcher I've never been killed by it unless I screwed up and charged the player holding it. From a distance it's easy to move out of the way.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Smh. Nano fraggers don't need to be checked. They are fine as is.

The only way you can one shot someone effectively is with a shot to the head. It has to hit crits.

My whole post on this thread was that the pumpkin doesn't need a change.

Simply saying it's overpowered without any info is just bluntly repetitiveWhich I also stated in my original post.

I would just like the Apoc to give the dmg that was promised. Throughout the entire game, not just pve.

CalamityDusk
12-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Which I also stated in my original post.

I would just like the Apoc to give the dmg that was promised. Throughout the entire game, not just pve.

My post was for those that say the pumpkin launcher needs a nerf lol.

I still find it odd that you compared the pumpkin launcher and apocalypse tho.

Very different archetypes

Fallen_Aingeal
12-05-2017, 02:24 PM
My post was for those that say the pumpkin launcher needs a nerf lol.

I still find it odd that you compared the pumpkin launcher and apocalypse tho.

Very different archetypes

I only compared them on the basis of being Super JP's. I know that they are different archetypes.

However, I do believe that the Apoc should render a helluva lot more dmg than it does, but because of the rl dmg nerf in pvp, it is useless...

CalamityDusk
12-05-2017, 02:29 PM
I only compared them on the basis of being Super JP's. I know that they are different archetypes.

However, I do believe that the Apoc should render a helluva lot more dmg than it does, but because of the rl dmg nerf in pvp, it is useless...

A Super jp to my understanding is a jackpot that comes in a t6ed version.

the pumpkin comes t5 version... and its not tradeable. i think all super jps r tradeable

tbh i think cw should be brought back to glory as well.

hotmomma
12-05-2017, 03:32 PM
I totally agree spending money on both and seeing the pumpkin way OP compared to the super JP Apoc is just a disappointment. Everybody had a chance to buy the vanity bundle for a lot less then gambling on the Apoc, I personally and many people I know spent a huge chunk of money getting one, they are still great in PVE but I do not spend all my time in PVE and I want to use my Apoc everywhere for the amount of money I spent getting one. Just let the super JPs be super everywhere.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-05-2017, 04:20 PM
A Super jp to my understanding is a jackpot that comes in a t6ed version.

the pumpkin comes t5 version... and its not tradeable. i think all super jps r tradeable

tbh i think cw should be brought back to glory as well.

We're labeling them differently then.

I consider any weapon that comes t6 or specialty weapons to be "super jp's" Specialty, meaning only available at certain times or from a vanity bundle...

Johnny Dbag
12-05-2017, 04:24 PM
The Apocalypse should be stronger, no doubt about it. However, when they first introduced the gun in livestream, they specifically stated that it would NOT one shot in pvp. Go back and watch it. I distinctly remember as Destro was blowing himself up with it, he stated just that, it would not 1 shot in pvp.

Now, if you want to go to Calamity's new statement of "one magging" people, that is a different statement. That being said, if the pumpkin launcher can "one mag" someone, and is a rocket laucher, then they all should "one mag" people, including Apocalypse.

CalamityDusk
12-05-2017, 04:44 PM
The Apocalypse should be stronger, no doubt about it. However, when they first introduced the gun in livestream, they specifically stated that it would NOT one shot in pvp. Go back and watch it. I distinctly remember as Destro was blowing himself up with it, he stated just that, it would not 1 shot in pvp.

Now, if you want to go to Calamity's new statement of "one magging" people, that is a different statement. That being said, if the pumpkin launcher can "one mag" someone, and is a rocket laucher, then they all should "one mag" people, including Apocalypse.

Well... apoc only has one In the mag... that's like saying my pumpkin without the mag roll could one mag someone. What I mean is it doesn't one shot someone (pl) it one mags them.

With the new merciless rig that has 5 square chips you could actually get a 2 mag apoc.

Apoc should get some type of buff nevertheless

DEATHBRINGER210
12-05-2017, 05:19 PM
if it gets a buff . it will nerfed again , because of the apocs glitch.

Oumar
12-05-2017, 06:10 PM
if it gets a buff . it will nerfed again , because of the apocs glitch.

What is that ?

DEATHBRINGER210
12-05-2017, 06:16 PM
cant post about it, but apoc owners know what i am talking about.

Oumar
12-05-2017, 06:47 PM
I got an apoc, using it at everytime i play, but in pvp there is no way to one shot someone with that weapon.
Maybe the glitch is unique to your platform ?