PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI servers still online for Xbox360?

Aaricane
03-02-2013, 05:09 PM
The title.......

Grey
03-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes and on a side note

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Olaf+reference+Yessss+I+love+_e313e1b06417fa496a71 746c84dda5e6.jpg

Aaricane
03-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think that loaded right.....

Grey
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/312/2/5/trax___fx_victoria___cry___gif_by_teklaa-d4fiff6.gif

Sorry...

Aaricane
03-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I don't get it lol

Aaricane
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
So apparently the servers are still up & going. However actually finding a copy of the game in a store is proving near impossible!

Grey
03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
there ya go

plus it costs monthly

Aaricane
03-04-2013, 06:39 PM
there ya go

plus it costs monthlyThe monthly cost isn't that big of a deal to me. I'm not loaded by any means but i have enough $$$ to get by with stuff like that.

It appears there is going to be a bundle coming out with the game, expansion packs and 30day free time, but it's to close to Defiance release date to warrant a purchase.

Paladin
03-05-2013, 12:03 AM
I was just about to post that...also how do you enjoy FF XI? I could never get into it.

H2O Toxicflow
03-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Final Fantasy XI: SEEKERS OF ADOULIN ULT COLLECTION (Xbox 360, 2013)

FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition brings together all of the greatest FINAL FANTASY XI online role-playing expansions combined into one amazing package for you and your friends to enjoy. With the fifth expansion of the FINAL FANTASY XI series: Seekers of Adoulin, players can now extend their journey in the continent of Ulbuka filled with never before seen monsters, characters, jobs, and uncharted territory ready to be conquered.

Includes the original, award winning online role-playing game that brought the FINAL FANTASY series online
Free 30 day subscription to play FINAL FANTASY XI for all new accounts
Includes 5 expansion packs: Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess, and Seekers of Adoulin
Includes 3 add-on scenarios: A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d?Etat, and A Shantotto Ascension
Includes 3 battle add-ons: Vision of Abyssea, Scars of Abyssea, and Heroes of Abyssea

Grey
03-05-2013, 05:34 AM
Defiance > Final Fantasy in my serious vote, just I love old FF

Deilgyre
03-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Wow, they actually are releasing another Final Fantasy 11 retail set. Amazing, after all these years the game is still being played.
I played the FFXI Online beta on Xbox, and about 4 months worth.
I had serious problems understanding what I should be doing. Bought 2 guide books from the book store to help me out.
It was very hard to get anywhere playing solo; you pretty much HAD to play with a group.
Biggest time-sink ever - there must be many hundreds of hours of playtime & grinding in that total package.

I will say this - I really enjoyed playing the game, even though it was difficult. My first MMO.

Tzar of kaos
03-07-2013, 06:01 AM
It appears there is going to be a bundle coming out with the game, expansion packs and 30day free time, but it's to close to Defiance release date to warrant a purchase.

Where did you saw that,'cause i took a quick look around and i only found a 2006 and a 2008 versions of the game.but didn't found a 2013 version...Thanks.

Paladin
03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Where did you saw that,'cause i took a quick look around and i only found a 2006 and a 2008 versions of the game.but didn't found a 2013 version...Thanks.

Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition
by Square Enix
It's 40$ and will be released on march 26 on amazon

Grey
03-07-2013, 11:09 AM
by Square Enix

I don't want to be that guy but I did some looking up online and it seems that it was shut down

Tzar of kaos
03-07-2013, 01:23 PM
by Square Enix

Ok,thanks.

Aaricane
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't want to be that guy but I did some looking up online and it seems that it was shut downGuy at EB says it's still on and i've seen it advertised here & there?

Grey
03-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Idk all I know is one of ther servers is gone, idk if it's the PC or Xbox, although the game wasn't that great anyway

Tzar of kaos
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
although the game wasn't that great anyway

A true old school hardcore mmoRPG...Long,hard and really addictive...and that nice to see the game still alive.I thought servers were shut down.

Grey
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
A true old school hardcore mmoRPG...Long,hard and really addictive...and that nice to see the game still alive.I thought servers were shut down.

My main issue wasn't that it wasn't GREAT is just...seemed like it need to be polished more

Vigilance
03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
It's a pity Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn won't be ported to Xbox 360. It will only be released on Playstation 3 and PC specifically because Microsoft would not agree to do 1st party server mergers or cross platform. This is also the same reason Defiance will no longer be cross-platform. Fah-king Microsoft, the Buzz-Killington of cross platforming.

Deilgyre
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Idk all I know is one of ther servers is gone, idk if it's the PC or Xbox, although the game wasn't that great anyway. My main issue wasn't that it wasn't GREAT is just...seemed like it need to be polished more

I'd say the fact that the game is ELEVEN YEARS OLD (11), probably says something about the fact of the game's quality, depth, and at this point - polish.

It's a pity Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn won't be ported to Xbox 360. It will only be released on Playstation 3 and PC specifically because Microsoft would not agree to do 1st party server mergers or cross platform. This is also the same reason Defiance will no longer be cross-platform. Fah-king Microsoft, the Buzz-Killington of cross platforming.

Will finally get some real playtime on my PS3 then. I hope they port FFXIV to next-gen consoles asap. I'm sure the PS3 version will look nice, but not amazing like a current top-end PC.

I'm actually thinking of getting that FFXI Ultimate Bundle in a few weeks - I hear the game has gone through a lot of changes since I played years ago. Easier for people to solo, for one.

Tzar of kaos
03-08-2013, 06:49 AM

Buy a PS3,so you will be able to play all online games with PC gamers.Games like COD,BF3,Max Payne 3,Borderlands...Sony and Microsoft got the same politics about cross-platform...And it's not new, only 2-3 games are cross-platform...And it never bother me 'cause i always found gamers to play with...