PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is in Development for Current Generation Hardware

6ft lower
12-11-2017, 11:06 AM
https://www.dualshockers.com/defiance-development-current-generation-hardware-heres-trion-worlds-planned/

Calm like a Bomb
12-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Enjoy the read.

https://www.dualshockers.com/defiance-development-current-generation-hardware-heres-trion-worlds-planned/

6ft lower
12-11-2017, 11:09 AM
you just cut and pasted that of my thread lol

Calm like a Bomb
12-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Haha...nope...apparently we posted at the same time...you know what they say...great minds...;)

Johnny Stranger
12-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Awesome... just hope we can move our toons

Calm like a Bomb
12-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Know what would have been really awesome....if the devs were the ones that would have informed us of this pretty substantial news!

Johnny Stranger
12-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Know what would have been really awesome....if the devs were the ones that would have informed us of this pretty substantial news!

Yea it’s kind of funny they did an interview before telling us ... no biggie though ... ty 4 the scoop
I wonder if dual shocks jumped the gun on releasing the interview

Hale
12-11-2017, 11:52 AM
That article talked about PlayStation 4 development. Hope they're working just as hard on Xbox one as well.

Calm like a Bomb
12-11-2017, 12:05 PM
It's ps4 exclusive...haha...jk...who knows, you'd think they'd be working on an xbox version as well but until a dev can confirm this you're just gonna have to sit back, wait and keep your fingers crossed.

6ft lower
12-11-2017, 12:19 PM
They got on to put our threads together but say nothing about the cerberus bundle. They got our money whats left to be said about it

Johnny Stranger
12-11-2017, 01:33 PM
I guess that’s confirmation

Bentu
12-11-2017, 04:03 PM
This does indeed sound good and would be greeted favourably by many vet players who had moved on to next gen but I wouldn't hold your breath regarding your toons content being moved over.
They'd be shooting themselves in the foot from the get go if they did that.
Just think of all those bundles and crates they can sell again on next gen consoles.

Edit. With that in mind will people stop buying bits on ps3 and 360 consoles now just in case you can't transfer your gear over.

richardkrainium
12-11-2017, 04:21 PM
heres the part im not buying ...Trion Worlds appreciates their current players, which they say is 120k monthly active users across all platforms, ....120k active monthly roflmao

Bentu
12-11-2017, 04:27 PM
heres the part im not buying ...Trion Worlds appreciates their current players, which they say is 120k monthly active users across all platforms, ....120k active monthly roflmao

If you take 6 servers into account it could be.

Mr B
12-11-2017, 04:28 PM
This is awesome news.
IF we can transfer our toons.
If not, just a big letdown, and byebye Defiance for me.
No way i'm starting over after 4 years on xbox, just NO WAY.

Edit: "Trion Worlds appreciates their current players, which they say is 120k monthly active users across all platforms, and they want to improve the game for them as well as bring it to a new generation of players"

So we can transfer our toons, right? right?

"In our meeting, the team at Trion Worlds was extremely transparent about where they were in the game’s development and how much community feedback meant to them."

PR 101

I want to believe. (hidden sarcastic tone)

Bentu
12-11-2017, 05:02 PM
There's going to be lots of questions and another one I have will the old gen consoles still be supported when the new ones go live or will they shut down for good.

Chris Robet
12-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Well then I log into the forums for the first time in years and am greeted with this news! I'd love to use my old grindfragger again and fail at every volge warmaster! I gave my sister my old PS3 when she went off to college so I'm happy to be able to play again! Anyways hello to anyone that remembers me.

Bloodbath82
12-11-2017, 06:19 PM
We KNOW they won't transfer toons. They won't do it from Xbox to PC or PS3 they definitely won't do it here for old to next gen. As was already said it would kill the new profit to be made. If you read carefully it's not going to be the same game everything's going to be revamped or tweaked. So we will all be newbs again lol. This is probably where we will see the skill tree that they talked about in the previous posted interview. I'd like to see them be super smart and sell transfer items for bits AFTER offering a free transfer period. But ehh it's trion who really knows what rabbit hole they are thinking through.

Thunder Gun Express
12-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Please for the love of everything let it be true!!! I havent got nextgen system yet but if this happens im all in for one so so so happy at the thought of this :)

Cygnus
12-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Funny, they said they would let us know here first. Lol. Congrats playstation!! Hope Xbox one is next. Maybe cross platform play?? So we can meet our forums friends too....

Valani
12-12-2017, 12:10 AM
Funny, they said they would let us know here first. Lol. Congrats playstation!! Hope Xbox one is next. Maybe cross platform play?? So we can meet our forums friends too....

Let's hope that their 'Customer Service' agents get an upgrade as well.

Cygnus
12-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Put this in the wrong thread earlier so I moved it here.

In the article they reference player input but I don't recall them soliciating us on the forums for any of the things mentioned. As far as the forumites, my impression is a majority of them feel ignored or that they aren't being listened too, at least that has been a majority of the recent thread titles. But they have stated in the past that forumites are a minority of the player base. Are they emailing players or sending out direct mailing surveys? Any one here get polled? Who are these players they refer to? Just curious...

Arran
12-12-2017, 01:44 AM
Awesum news... if our characters and inventory are moved over anyway.

Antony Harrist
12-12-2017, 04:29 AM
If they do it for PS4 it shouldn't be too hard to do it for Xbox aswell. They are basically pc's now anyway

If they bring it to next gen, and ditch support for old gen consoles it will be better for everyone actually. Would be almost same build for xbox/PS4 and pc, and would not be hindered by old architecture

I bet they could make the graphics/performance a whole lot better if they ditched support for the old consoles

Everyone would get a free transfer to current gen and pc of course

r1p
12-12-2017, 06:07 AM
Everything right now is just supposition since Trion is keeping everything close to their vest. However if there is one thing that you can count on is that accounts WILL NOT be transferred to any new version of the game because it makes no sense financially to do it. Porting over people's accounts/inventories not only gives them less incentive to spend money it also alienates new customers who show up at launch and find themselves at an immediate disadvantage. The most that I would expect would be an exclusive title for people who make the jump and possibly an extra 10% off of at the bit store during the first week of the launch. Obviously I hope that I'm wrong but even if Trion somehow manages to fix this mess so it can be ported to next-gen be prepared to start over from scratch.

konstantinov
12-12-2017, 06:15 AM
Everything right now is just supposition since Trion is keeping everything close to their vest. However if there is one thing that you can count on is that accounts WILL NOT be transferred to any new version of the game because it makes no sense financially to do it. Porting over people's accounts/inventories not only gives them less incentive to spend money it also alienates new customers who show up at launch and find themselves at an immediate disadvantage. The most that I would expect would be an exclusive title for people who make the jump and possibly an extra 10% off of at the bit store during the first week of the launch. Obviously I hope that I'm wrong but even if Trion somehow manages to fix this mess so it can be ported to next-gen be prepared to start over from scratch.

Please remember (and I realize the nature and differences) that Blizzard did allow people to port over their diablo 3 and diablo 3:RoS accounts from x360/ps3 to next gen and even had it setup to do x360 -> ps4 and ps3 -> xbone. We may luck out and they've already shown that it is possible to capture toons and transfer them over (even if it was jenky at times) to pts. I'd like to stay as optimistic about this as possible.

Calm like a Bomb
12-12-2017, 07:52 AM
They got on to put our threads together but say nothing about the cerberus bundle. They got our money whats left to be said about it You are confusing the forum moderators for developers.

Antony Harrist
12-12-2017, 09:18 AM

they would be crazy not to allow people to move there accounts to the new gen, would lose too many customers

tbh i cant see why you cant just use your account now to log in on any platform, its not like they are making any money now from the different retail copies

its free to play, you should be able to use your account to log in on any platform be it pc/xbox 1 or ps4 going forward

Sldr
12-12-2017, 09:29 AM

For me I will keep spending money if they transfer my acc.if I had to restart a new acc and spend more money on another acc and lose the money I got into this one I wouldn't do that. So in my opinion they would lose more money,not going to have 2 accs I spend money on. If they close 360 down then I'm done if they transfer I'll keep spending and continue the journey

Kodakmoment
12-12-2017, 09:36 AM
I haven't bought the ps4 yet but am having lots of fun with the content so far with the ps3 version. Now that the ps4 is in possible development of a new version of the game, it gives me an incentive to purchase the newer console. i wonder how long it will take for them to come out with this version of the game. I still haven't bought the gold edition for defiance yet and was excited to do so this coming winter sale for a discounted price. Depending on the release date of the ps4 version, I might still buy it just for more content!

Bentu
12-12-2017, 09:53 AM
On the subject of cross over content, having bought 3 of each edition of the game I wouldn't be buying it all again.
Personally I feel it would show the community some loyalty if they allowed at least one character cross over.
I know many people have multiple toons full of gear but sonethings better than nothing.

jay ellis
12-12-2017, 10:50 AM
If they cant bring my toon and inventory to PS4 can they just give me Kon's inventory instead? I'd be OK with that.;)
Really though, it looks like they are saying this will be a new version of the old game, which I'm reading as "start over".
Also, isn't PS5 coming in a year or so? Are we gonna be one step behind again?

BarrySciFi
12-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Please remember (and I realize the nature and differences) that Blizzard did allow people to port over their diablo 3 and diablo 3:RoS accounts from x360/ps3 to next gen and even had it setup to do x360 -> ps4 and ps3 -> xbone. We may luck out and they've already shown that it is possible to capture toons and transfer them over (even if it was jenky at times) to pts. I'd like to stay as optimistic about this as possible.

Agree 100 percent, Kon. They may or may not charge a fee, but I feel pretty confident that we will get our characters ported over. Those few of us that have dumped money into this game are the reason the game is still alive and kicking almost 5 years on. Wouldnt be a smart move to severely alienate your high-paying customers...

Cygnus
12-12-2017, 12:11 PM

They said exactly that, but would not confirm it this year and i can not locate where it was said. They also have a history of editing out what they don't want and rewriting. They have gone back on things that they said would never happen in the past.

But like kon said, remaining positive. No sense getting updet over something we dont know yet. Also, don't spend any more money till they confirm or deny this, its the best way to protect yourself from disappointment. It would be heartbreaking to buy, upgrade, mod and master and find out it was not going to be able to transfer. Might also force them to make a decision and inform us HERE!!

Kalizaar
12-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to play on my PS4!

Alahali
12-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Newbies again?, oh those times ...

richardkrainium
12-12-2017, 04:40 PM
we are forgetting one thing here. the game may be going to the new consoles , but it isnt doing anything but upgrading on the pc. so why should the console players get kicked in the crotch when it come to chrs and the pc players get to continue on their same accounts

Chump Norris
12-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Trion it would be a good idea to stick your head in here and say you'll be working on a way to let us transfer characters to nextgen, I say this because people aren't going to be as willing to spend much on the current Defiance knowing a nextgen version is coming and they'll be starting over.

Fist of Life
12-12-2017, 07:55 PM
i would like to see them move to new consoles, but also want to be able to bring all my weapons with

Zer0Playr
12-12-2017, 07:59 PM

You forgot one thing: Diablo 3 was a paid game. I have PS3 version of D3RoS and it is simply terrible because of the hacked items in the game. About Defiance, it is a F2P/P2W, dunno anymore. If Trion doesn't allow the port, the game will simply die. People won't create a new char in PS4 and start over. In my case: I put a lot of money here and I don't want to hear from the devs that port won't be possible. I don't mind to buy the game if it will be needed, but I will if I can't grab my toon and my hard-earned stuff!

Chump Norris
12-12-2017, 08:20 PM
You forgot one thing: Diablo 3 was a paid game. I have PS3 version of D3RoS and it is simply terrible because of the hacked items in the game. About Defiance, it is a F2P/P2W, dunno anymore. If Trion doesn't allow the port, the game will simply die. People won't create a new char in PS4 and start over. In my case: I put a lot of money here and I don't want to hear from the devs that port won't be possible. I don't mind to buy the game if it will be needed, but I will if I can't grab my toon and my hard-earned stuff!

The game could lose all of us current players and would still likely thrive on Xbone and PS4, the f2p mmo type games I've tried have a lot of players on those consoles and there isn't anything quite like Defiance out there.

el joshie
12-12-2017, 08:34 PM
I really hope that we will be able to keep our toons, starting from scratch isn't something I don't think I can get behind personally. That being said, I was under the impression that our toons, gear, patron etc. were/are linked to our gamertag/e-mail so wouldn't it be part of the package for lack of a better phrase? But I could be wrong, I don't have the first clue on what goes into the game making/porting process. But I am very adept in the art of wishful thinking! So my fingers are crossed.

Bentu
12-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Trion it would be a good idea to stick your head in here and say you'll be working on a way to let us transfer characters to nextgen, I say this because people aren't going to be as willing to spend much on the current Defiance knowing a nextgen version is coming and they'll be starting over.

That's why they wouldn't say anything about it months ago when they said they had big plans.
If they had no one would be spending on the off chance that any gear they have or want to buy won't get transferred.

Cygnus
12-12-2017, 10:11 PM
That's why they wouldn't say anything about it months ago when they said they had big plans.
If they had no one would be spending on the off chance that any gear they have or want to buy won't get transferred.

Yes its very possible the idr vendors an Cerberus packs and Christmas blowout sale are funding their relocation to the new consoles only to leave us standing here holding a very expensive big nothing. Guess we'll have to wait till the next article comes out announcing defiance is moving to Xbox one. Because they aren't talking to us here. We don't get announcements. Im still trying to figure out who they polled and who they told because I'm feeling like I'm in the wrong room lately????

LOOKxATxTHISxI
12-13-2017, 12:20 AM

This right here is why I quit when my patron pass ran out. If it carries over to the next gen I will start throwing money back at the game but if not I will probably be a welfare ftp'er on the PS4 lol.

konstantinov
12-13-2017, 03:32 AM

Defiance cost $60 when it came out so it to was a paid game. I don't think Defiance would die if they didn't do character ports however, they'd lose ~75% of their player base, 90% of the veterans and 80% of money spenders. The whole reason people play f2p games is because they're free of course.

I'm not sure what you qualify as a lot of money but I assure you there are people that have spent well into the five figures.

Johnny Stranger
12-13-2017, 06:11 AM
Yes its very possible the idr vendors an Cerberus packs and Christmas blowout sale are funding their relocation to the new consoles only to leave us standing here holding a very expensive big nothing. Guess we'll have to wait till the next article comes out announcing defiance is moving to Xbox one. Because they aren't talking to us here. We don't get announcements. Im still trying to figure out who they polled and who they told because I'm feeling like I'm in the wrong room lately????
They had a big post to comment on all bugs/issues , where when how to trigger etc ... it was the big plan post where monies had become available iirc

found the post ...http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?261533-A-Plan-for-Future-Improvements&highlight=bugs

r1p
12-13-2017, 06:59 AM
They had a big post to comment on all bugs/issues , where when how to trigger etc ... it was the big plan post where monies had become available iirc

It's beginning to look like the additional funding and resources were for upgrading the game for next-gen and the bug thread was a way for them to more easily identify what what needed addressed when they do. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that but they should be more open about what they are doing and engage the community more. If they need an example of how to be open with the community while tempering expectations they should look into how the Warframe team handles it.

konstantinov
12-13-2017, 07:01 AM
It's beginning to look like the additional funding and resources were for upgrading the game for next-gen and the bug thread was a way for them to more easily identify what what needed addressed when they do. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that but they should be more open about what they are doing and engage the community more. If they need an example of how to be open with the community while tempering expectations they should look into how the Warframe team handles it.

I believe if we had a little more transparency regarding the move to next-gen consoles then people would be more likely to spend money to help support and fund the work that's being done. However, it's like hearing you've been traded from your team to another team from the bell boy at the hotel.

PS- Hopefully, we're not left hanging wondering if anything is going to transfer when all of this actually happens. The fact that this is actually coming to fruition makes me wonder if any old school players that originally moved to next-gen consoles will come back. I guess it's time to start sending psn messages out.

PSS- I'll let xW3STx know too for all those xbox guys.

shawn4511
12-13-2017, 08:05 AM
All I gotta say is they better let us transfer our toons n gear or Im done Im not starting from scratch after all I spent !!!!

Altras
12-13-2017, 09:10 AM
I'd be pretty salty if the hundreds of dollars I've spent over the years gets poofed.

TH3FUNK
12-13-2017, 09:40 AM
There still will be a PC version of Defiance even if it goes to the next gen consoles. Wouldn't that mean the game would have to stay enough of the same? I mean they couldn't do a full reset of every player on every platform unless they came out with an entirely new game. It could just be my way of looking at it, but I think unless Defiance goes away and comes back radically changed under a different name (even Defiance 2 or something else), we will be able to move account to the PS4 or Xbx1.

On the flip side, I could be completely wrong. With the serious connection issues recently and the lack of info about anything useful, I feel like I'm being shown the door without yet being told to leave.

Mr B
12-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Yeah, i find the lack of communication or interaction about what is/should be awesome news with the community is, mmmmmmm, interesting to put it nicely.

But they may need a green light from the PR/executive dep. for official annoucements.

But one thing they should know, by now, is that INTERNET KNOWS EVERYTHING lol.
Of course peeps are gonna find out about Dualshock articles.
I mean...c'mon...

What's concerning too is the lack of feedback concerning the 50 bucks Cerberus pack. I didn't buy it, but i can see why people who spent their hard earn money on this feel cheated.

NullWolf
12-13-2017, 10:46 AM
This dead silence has went from worrisome to disturbing to just down right comedic.

I've honestly never seen anything like this where nothing short of a wish from the dragons balls can get a response and in those rare responses they're always just a paragraph or 2 that can be summed up into either "maybe" or "can't say"

As it stands about transferring it should and can be done.
All of the older established players have dumped god knows how many hours and money into the game, fighting literal mountains of disconnects and other issues (not to mention various killed PS3/360 controls) to obtain the shtako they've acquired.
To tell everyone that all that time and money helped go forward into a newer version of the same game but you can't bring any of those hard gotten gains with you would be bad for business to say the least.

Cygnus
12-13-2017, 11:35 AM

found the post ...http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?261533-A-Plan-for-Future-Improvements&highlight=bugs

Yeah I'm not referring to things we've been asking them to fix from the beginning that they ignored or just couldn't. I referring to this statement

In our meeting, the team at Trion Worlds was extremely transparent about where they were in the games development and how much community feedback meant to them.

I don't recall being asked for feedback or posts requesting it or devs even responding to our feedback in any way other than vague, general, copy n paste responses. As far as how important our concerns our and how transparent, I think most of us have a sense of how well they are doing at that.

Jagger Lux
12-13-2017, 01:01 PM
It is understandable if the Devs & team were told to focus on current gen switch up, so the silence we get now about that until they have something final is also understandable. But the way things are now with the typical lag/DC's and no one even acknowledging it is just confusing/frustrating and leaves a bad impression all around.

Neoshell
12-13-2017, 03:25 PM
It is understandable if the Devs & team were told to focus on current gen switch up, so the silence we get now about that until they have something final is also understandable. But the way things are now with the typical lag/DC's and no one even acknowledging it is just confusing/frustrating and leaves a bad impression all around.

This!!

Besides still gona take a while til they can show us or tell us something about the final product,maybe the game will be in ps4/xbox1 in a year or something!They're prolly working with the PC version code of the game to port for ps4/xbox1! This still going to take a lot of time testing in their own envirements,then they'll release a close alpha,after this is just working on the bugs and reports of the alpha testers and only then we can have the 1st contact with this PS4/Xbox1 versions with an open alpha. After this and they do the final tweaks an work,we gona have the final phase of the testing, the close and open beta..then they still need to go through the final reports/bugs from the players, Sony and MS aproval and then download the game from the store.
Just keep calm and wait lol No in point going all excited and trying to rush the developement of the new console version. Let them work and fix the issues the game has now ,so,those new versions have better performance and free of issues.
When they have something concrete to say they will,at this point they still dont know how the things gona be when they finish their work.
The toons/gear transfer/copy problem,i'm almost sure they gona do it even if they charge a fee or something to do it. Makes all sense so i'm not worried about it tbh.

Neoshell
12-13-2017, 03:29 PM
I'd be pretty salty if the hundreds of dollars I've spent over the years gets poofed.

I think u dont need to worry about this issue,the PC version gona be the same Altras. This is more of a console matter,unless you're thinking about switching to console! :)

Destromathe
12-13-2017, 04:03 PM
Hey All,

Rarnok and I just got back from attending PSX in Anaheim, and many of you are aware of a brief tech demo we provided to a few members of the media. PSX gave us a great opportunity to show you what we’ve been working towards for the future of Defiance, and ultimately get some great feedback from the community. I see the questions that have come from that, and I have a few answers to your burning questions. This demo was setup with the community in mind, as a way to spread the word through press and get the best feedback possible from a wide audience.

This Tech Demo was the team looking to see if it would even be possible to move Defiance over to the newer generation of consoles. Moving to the current generation of consoles is no easy task, and this was not an attempt at any kind of backwards compatibility. What we showed was 100% a graphical port. In order to make sure that it could be done, we had to assemble a team to work on a demo to prove it. Now that we have the proof, we have to discuss the next steps, and what the future looks like for Defiance. However, the game looks great on the PS4!

I have been frequently hinting at big and exciting things coming in the future, and this tech demo was only a part of that; step one. Step two is figuring out how different Defiance will look in the future, and the best way to leverage some already amazing gameplay and systems, while also fixing what we and the community feel could be better with the game. We don't know the answer to some of these questions yet, but Trion is dedicating more resources and the team is getting larger, in order to answer those questions. We remain dedicated to this IP, and its community.

This should not be taken as an announcement, since we are not yet ready to make one. What this does represent, is the next step in the evolution of Defiance. We need feedback from all of you, our community, to create the best version of Defiance moving forward. We have been listening over the 4 years this game has been live, and will be taking all of that feedback into account when charting out the next course for Defiance.

With regards to Xbox One - the tech demo that we have put together was meant for the show at PSX, so it was PS4 focused. However, we are dedicated to the idea of both platforms being included if we move forward.

With regards to character transfers - I know that you are all wondering how this will play out. Unfortunately, I cannot give you an answer on this, as I simply do not know yet. Right now we are in the information gathering stages, and fleshing out how Defiance looks in the future. An answer to this question will come to light as we move forward, and the picture becomes more clear.

I am sorry for not getting in here earlier, but flying takes its toll sometimes. Keep an eye out for more articles and some great updates moving forward.

- Destromathe

Neoshell
12-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Ty for your post Destro,this is what i had in mind about this subject like i pointed in my previous post in this thread.
Looks like you and your team gona have a lot of work for 2018!:p I just can hope,thatyou have the resources and time to do a great work with that new demo you've been working on.
I understand that you cant say much about the charaters tranference atm,but keep this in mind and think about how this would give a great start to the player base once defiance start working on ps4/xbox1. :)

PS:
- fix the mass blasters in PvP without messing the pve part. Lol

Mr B
12-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Thank you indeed for this reply Destro.

Samali1212
12-13-2017, 06:31 PM
With regards to character transfers - I know that you are all wondering how this will play out. Unfortunately, I cannot give you an answer on this, as I simply do not know yet. Right now we are in the information gathering stages, and fleshing out how Defiance looks in the future. An answer to this question will come to light as we move forward, and the picture becomes more clear.

I am sorry for not getting in here earlier, but flying takes its toll sometimes. Keep an eye out for more articles and some great updates moving forward.

- Destromathe

Thank you for your not clear enough clarification destro :) before i had only 1 question in my mind ; there will be character transfer or not? And with the bargain boxes appear 2nd question is ; in case of you don't transfer my character why should i pay 300$ for items that i will not be able to use in few months?? And i'm not even talking about the thousands of dollars that i've spent since i start. i guess we all know that it would be very disrespectful to the players just to lose what they built for years.

Cygnus
12-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Hey All,

Rarnok and I just got back from attending PSX in Anaheim, and many of you are aware of a brief tech demo we provided to a few members of the media. PSX gave us a great opportunity to show you what we’ve been working towards for the future of Defiance, and ultimately get some great feedback from the community. I see the questions that have come from that, and I have a few answers to your burning questions. This demo was setup with the community in mind, as a way to spread the word through press and get the best feedback possible from a wide audience.

This Tech Demo was the team looking to see if it would even be possible to move Defiance over to the newer generation of consoles. Moving to the current generation of consoles is no easy task, and this was not an attempt at any kind of backwards compatibility. What we showed was 100% a graphical port. In order to make sure that it could be done, we had to assemble a team to work on a demo to prove it. Now that we have the proof, we have to discuss the next steps, and what the future looks like for Defiance. However, the game looks great on the PS4!

I have been frequently hinting at big and exciting things coming in the future, and this tech demo was only a part of that; step one. Step two is figuring out how different Defiance will look in the future, and the best way to leverage some already amazing gameplay and systems, while also fixing what we and the community feel could be better with the game. We don't know the answer to some of these questions yet, but Trion is dedicating more resources and the team is getting larger, in order to answer those questions. We remain dedicated to this IP, and its community.

This should not be taken as an announcement, since we are not yet ready to make one. What this does represent, is the next step in the evolution of Defiance. We need feedback from all of you, our community, to create the best version of Defiance moving forward. We have been listening over the 4 years this game has been live, and will be taking all of that feedback into account when charting out the next course for Defiance.

With regards to Xbox One - the tech demo that we have put together was meant for the show at PSX, so it was PS4 focused. However, we are dedicated to the idea of both platforms being included if we move forward.

- Destromathe

We want the omec in the future of defiance!!!

Bentu
12-13-2017, 06:49 PM
We want the omec in the future of defiance!!!

So you're going to be playing if you have to start all over again.
I and many others who swam the pond for the more populated servers had to do this and honestly it's not funny having to try and build your characters again even if the dlc content transfered.
If character transfers aren't going to be a thing then the community is going to feel like they're having their noses rubbed in it.
Many of the ftp guys have sunk some real money into the game as well and I for one feel all You guys deserve some kind of loyalty reward for sticking around.

Calm like a Bomb
12-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Rarnok and I just got back from attending PSX in Anaheim, and many of you are aware of a brief tech demo we provided to a few members of the media. PSX gave us a great opportunity to show you what weve been working towards for the future of Defiance Would love to see the demo. Any chance you can post a video of the tech demo?

Chump Norris
12-13-2017, 07:16 PM
After seeing what all went down with Sony regarding Fallout 4 mods they seem like a pain in the A to work with, if Trion can get it all sorted out for PS4 it should be easy to get Microsoft on board, they seem more willing to work with devs.

Cygnus
12-13-2017, 07:22 PM
So you're going to be playing if you have to start all over again.
I and many others who swam the pond for the more populated servers had to do this and honestly it's not funny having to try and build your characters again even if the dlc content transfered.
If character transfers aren't going to be a thing then the community is going to feel like they're having their noses rubbed in it.
Many of the ftp guys have sunk some real money into the game as well and I for one feel all You guys deserve some kind of loyalty reward for sticking around.

So my impression of what destro described is similar to when Alcatraz was added. A new ego cap and pursuits were added a sort of map expansion was added and later the shrill was added. We should be able to come into the game and do the new content reach the new cap and resume. I'm not sure if new players will be required to do the previous version of defiance or if that will even be available. But if you look at it the way I described it's not that crazy bentu.

My issue is being able to keep our gear and have it remain viable. I'm ok with doing missions and pursuits again just not the same ones I did to get to 6k 4 almost 5 times. If they let us move our characters and gear it has to stay viable otherwise what's the point.
Remember the rare preorder weapons we all got thinking it would give us an edge? If my gear ends up like the sporeshot or hexar and is account locked that will suck and make it not worth the trouble.

I would not play again if that was the case.

Ned Kelly
12-13-2017, 08:01 PM
we are forgetting one thing here. the game may be going to the new consoles , but it isnt doing anything but upgrading on the pc. so why should the console players get kicked in the crotch when it come to chrs and the pc players get to continue on their same accounts

Because consoles. Pc master race....

This company just makes me shake my head, they did us all the time, all the money making price gouging rubbish that's going to come with this. If all they are doing is upgrading some textures and a recompile for ps4 the game isn't going to improve.

So to clarify.... trip devs thanks for nothing, really don't miss the lack of respect you do defiance players, truelly recalcitrant of you.

Cygnus
12-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Here's another question, since the next gen version is not the original defiance but probably a further in the future version and won't have any of the stuff relating to the show and dodge.

Will there be a backward compatible version for those who want to continue to play the first version with all the gear we bought and paid for as well? I think we need both because I can see the new version leaving a lot of the people who played the original out in the cold. Holding a big bag of expensive useless stuff or nothing at all to show for their time, effort and money.

A new defiance may be interesting but mostly to those who never played the original. And here's where I say we wanted defiance on next gen but probably not the version you are going to give us. I'm sure they are excited but I'm not sure we will be.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-13-2017, 08:07 PM
if it fixes all the defiance servers from timing out . this would be great.

Cygnus
12-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Because consoles. Pc master race....

This company just makes me shake my head, they did us all the time, all the money making price gouging rubbish that's going to come with this. If all they are doing is upgrading some textures and a recompile for ps4 the game isn't going to improve.

So to clarify.... trip devs thanks for nothing, really don't miss the lack of respect you do defiance players, truelly recalcitrant of you.

Pcs please... chill. You guys have had it better and cheaper than consoles the entire time. You had the ability to have way to many accounts, characters that can follow, dlcs on sale cheaper than consoles, etc, etc, etc,... You guys have had an easier time farming currencies and fewer narcs in forums to point out your advantages over consoles. You guys basically got away with murder for 4 years and caused a majority of the lag due to afking 30 character at mjrs till just last year. Please....Lol. you dont even have to upgrade to a new system to play the new version and you havent been required to pay a monthly subscription for 5 years. None of this will change for you guys. You got nothing to cry about!!! NOTHING....

Jagger Lux
12-13-2017, 09:28 PM
Pcs please... chill. You guys have had it better and cheaper than consoles the entire time. You had the ability to have way to many accounts, characters that can follow, dlcs on sale cheaper than consoles, etc, etc, etc,... You guys have had an easier time farming currencies and fewer narcs in forums to point out your advantages over consoles. You guys basically got away with murder for 4 years and caused a majority of the lag due to afking 30 character at mjrs till just last year. Please....Lol. you dont even have to upgrade to a new system to play the new version and you havent been required to pay a monthly subscription for 5 years. None of this will change for you guys. You got nothing to cry about!!! NOTHING....

I started playing on 360 and saw the problems there so I went to PC. So you being mad bc you stuck to console sounds like a pp to me.

XXTherraXX
12-13-2017, 09:37 PM
All I can say is that is being a 1 years sense I stared playing from my long 3 year brake was able to get all jp brs get some of the best rigs I actually got em all at some point and a several 4 shield plate as well and I'm kinda bored I know we all spend money on this game my best memory of having fun was trying to lol up and get guns done and this is b4 it was free to play but let us answer this question do we really want to do the same stuff over and over again ?

Cygnus
12-13-2017, 11:57 PM
I started playing on 360 and saw the problems there so I went to PC. So you being mad bc you stuck to console sounds like a pp to me.

Not mad. Just sayin pc has no room to complain. That's all. Im quite content on xbox.

Cygnus
12-14-2017, 12:09 AM
All I can say is that is being a 1 years sense I stared playing from my long 3 year brake was able to get all jp brs get some of the best rigs I actually got em all at some point and a several 4 shield plate as well and I'm kinda bored I know we all spend money on this game my best memory of having fun was trying to lol up and get guns done and this is b4 it was free to play but let us answer this question do we really want to do the same stuff over and over again ?

I doubt it will be the same. No show means no nolan and no dodge. It will be like Alcatraz update minus all previous content I'm sure. New players and vets will all race to ego cap doing new pursuits n contracts against new enemys with new guns. We cant just go to the new defiance and stand around or grind for currency. They need stuff for new players and stuff to keep us vets interested too. We've been asking for new storyline and new content and here it is. Chasing another ego cap would keep us busy for a week or 2. Its funny we ask for it then no one wants to do it. Lol. They'll need end game content as well. Just picture defiance getting another storyline and new ego cap. Its not that bad. We've just been spoiled being at the cap for so long. Quit being lazy. Lol.

Hopefully the first defiance gets backward compatible so we can use our old gear and hangout there too.

Samali1212
12-14-2017, 01:13 AM

That's another reason.. and my answer is NO

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 03:31 AM
I think is really easy to understand what Destro meant with his post or what's going on atm..
Reading some comments here,gives the impression Defiance is going to be shut down and Def2 is gona be out next month or something!!:rolleyes:
Destro was clear when he said that they build a demo with the current console gen in mind,which,is been asked for some time. Since it works and looks great,they can now start working on it and improve it. This is not a port from the current ps3/360 version,but it's going to be the same game with a new build from the scratch,almost sure to improve the current technical issues,like lag,dcs etc we've now. At the same time they're working on new content to add to the game (not sure if this gona be release in current console gen tho) and an upgrade to the current mechanics and ego system,prolly that class system we all heard about a few months ago. The only issue and doubt i've atm is the char transference..imo they gona do it and almost sure they gona charge a fee,prolly 20€/$ would be fair like other games did a few years ago..this would be a good discussion!
After the release of the ps4/x1 game version they gona need to start with a good player base and what better way than the current ps3 & 360 players. The PC players dont need to worry about this,cos this is just a console problem atm. For now, they just need to wait for the new content update when the time comes.

konstantinov
12-14-2017, 03:33 AM
If they do offer transfers I expect it to cost $100.

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 03:42 AM
If they do offer transfers I expect it to cost $100.

I do expect a value too..but not 100 cos doesnt make much sense,dont you think!?

konstantinov
12-14-2017, 03:50 AM
I do expect a value too..but not 100 cos doesnt make much sense,dont you think!?

It makes perfect sense. Collecting and extracting outdated code from 6-7 years ago is time consuming and takes someone with a specific skill set. That won't come cheap and for sure won't be a 5 minute process. It's the correct price in a capitalist market.

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 03:57 AM
It makes perfect sense. Collecting and extracting outdated code from 6-7 years ago is time consuming and takes someone with a specific skill set. That won't come cheap and for sure won't be a 5 minute process. It's the correct price in a capitalist market.

Not really...especialy since u mentioned capitalism,but ok...
Looks like is just another meowse thingy about something tho! :rolleyes:

konstantinov
12-14-2017, 04:03 AM
Not really...especialy since u mentioned capitalism,but ok...
Looks like is just another meowse thingy about something tho! :rolleyes:

You keep clamoring to the hope that it'll be $20 while realistically we all know it'll be $100. If you honestly think that they won't charge $100 for a transfer of your toon/inventory when they charge $20 for a t5 mod or $100 for a sentinel rig pack then more power to you.

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 05:17 AM
You keep clamoring to the hope that it'll be $20 while realistically we all know it'll be $100. If you honestly think that they won't charge $100 for a transfer of your toon/inventory when they charge $20 for a t5 mod or $100 for a sentinel rig pack then more power to you.

This is not about power to me or w/e..but looking from the consumer perspective without puting the seller perspective apart.
Those examples you gave are not the best 1s to take in consideration,bad management and wrong decisions doesnt make then right ,for some reason this forum is full of rant threads about bit store prices and even comparing then to other trion games bit store prices. Still trion made great profit and still does with this game and this prices they charge ,most cos the community like the game and try to support it the way each can,but you know quiet well that most of the sales they made/make is when they do this kind of discounts,not to mention that if they charge 5€/per mod and 10/15€ per perfected weapon,they would sell even more ,making more money in the process.
Same example can be made to the transfer subject especialy since you trow the "capitalist market", but then u pointed those examples about their lack of perspective with sales values.
Besides reading your comments looks like is what u want them to charge for w/e reason..and not the best company move or charge towards their player base and the char transference subject.

konstantinov
12-14-2017, 05:33 AM
This is not about power to me or w/e..but looking from the consumer perspective without puting the seller perspective apart.
Those examples you gave are not the best 1s to take in consideration,bad management and wrong decisions doesnt make then right ,for some reason this forum is full of rant threads about bit store prices and even comparing then to other trion games bit store prices. Still trion made great profit and still does with this game and this prices they charge ,most cos the community like the game and try to support it the way each can,but you know quiet well that most of the sales they made/make is when they do this kind of discounts,not to mention that if they charge 5€/per mod and 10/15€ per perfected weapon,they would sell even more ,making more money in the process.
Same example can be made to the transfer subject especialy since you trow the "capitalist market", but then u pointed those examples about their lack of perspective with sales values.
Besides reading your comments looks like is what u want them to charge for w/e reason..and not the best company move or charge towards their player base and the char transference subject.

Your responses are extremely difficult to decipher at times, is this google translate failing?

The population spiked when Defiance went f2p, we already know this; you should too, it's when you started playing. It'd be $20 if the ENTIRE player base used the service but I can tell you now that there won't be as many transfers taking place as you may think. Just because things are cheaper doesn't GUARANTEE more sales. Have you thought that maybe people don't have money and that's why they're playing a f2p game on ps3/x360?

You think I put $100 because that's what I want to pay? I put $100 because I know how this works and I know how Trion is and I've been through it all. Not to mention the loss of revenue from PC players not having to transfer. So please explain to me how you expect $20 and for guesstimates sake 2000 transfers at a cost of $40k is going to cover the cost of not only hiring people to do this but also put it in a format that ps4 and next gen consoles will accept.

Mmos.com reported that Defiance cost $80 million to develop and publish. Here's the link so you can read up and gain a little knowledge Defiance cost (https://mmos.com/editorials/most-expensive-mmorpgs-ever-developed) . So if you look at those numbers and think about it, 40,000 is .05% of 80,000,000. So again please tell me how a $20 transfer fee is going to cover the cost of all of this.

PS- I know it won't cost 80m to move Defiance to next-gen but it'll be a hell of a lot more than $40k.

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Your responses are extremely difficult to decipher at times, is this google translate failing?

The population spiked when Defiance went f2p, we already know this; you should too, it's when you started playing. It'd be $20 if the ENTIRE player base used the service but I can tell you now that there won't be as many transfers taking place as you may think. Just because things are cheaper doesn't GUARANTEE more sales. Have you thought that maybe people don't have money and that's why they're playing a f2p game on ps3/x360?

You think I put $100 because that's what I want to pay? I put $100 because I know how this works and I know how Trion is and I've been through it all. Not to mention the loss of revenue from PC players not having to transfer. So please explain to me how you expect $20 and for guesstimates sake 2000 transfers at a cost of $40k is going to cover the cost of not only hiring people to do this but also put it in a format that ps4 and next gen consoles will accept.

Mmos.com reported that Defiance cost $80 million to develop and publish. Here's the link so you can read up and gain a little knowledge Defiance cost (https://mmos.com/editorials/most-expensive-mmorpgs-ever-developed) . So if you look at those numbers and think about it, 40,000 is .05% of 80,000,000. So again please tell me how a $20 transfer fee is going to cover the cost of all of this.

PS- I know it won't cost 80m to move Defiance to next-gen but it'll be a hell of a lot more than $40k.

I dont use google translate and if it was that bad to understand me,you wouldnt keep answer me..
but you may wana talk in my language and use google translate!?

Anyway...ofc i know the population spiked after the game went f2p,that's why you're still here and having this discussion and posting in this thread,or,the money that you spent when you bought the game,would be lost 4 / years ago.
The game being f2p and this transfer fee we've been talking about has no relation between then! The players that never spent a € or $ in the game,probably wont do it to move their stuff cos they dont have that much to transfer and prolly dont wana to do it,not to mention this players dont stay around that much too. All the player base that wasted money,have a great collection etc is going to pay to transfer their toons and this is a large base between the 2 console platforms,so,not sure why that wouldnt happen tbh..
Another funny thing is how something cheaper wont sell more than an expensive one,but w/e... Everytime trion does this kind of discounts like now and last month as an exanple in their bit store,the volume of sales increase,so must be just a coincidence!

If you've been through it all,myself and a lot of other players here went through it all too..the diference is that you start a year/year and a half earlier.
Anyway, lets take your guesstimate number and use it. Taking in consideration those 2k players,what's the best scenario for trion?
Get 20$ from each player and do 40k at launch of the defiance on ps4/X1,plus all the potential revenue this players can spend during 1st month or not do it at all and use this current f2p model and prolly do that in the 1st month or 2 after the launch? If they charge 100$ they would need that at least 400 players from that 2k sample pay for the transference and i'm not sure if that will happen,in this scenario i'm with you about your transference point of view. Like u said ,we would be ok and pteffer pay 20 instead of 100.
About the investment/profit that they can expect with this next gen migration and grabing your guesstimate numbers,those 40k$ wouldnt pay the investiment,but even if they charge a 300$ fee wouldnt..
You know you cant look at this game business model that way,you need to look at it with prespective of medium/long business model,like they been doing til now.
So..those 80M that cost to produce Defiance,they already got it. It's a game with almost 5 years in 3 different plataforms and you know quiet well that this game help funding Trove and Altras!If that didnt happened the servers would be shuted down long ago like prolly almost happened 4 years ago.

konstantinov
12-14-2017, 07:47 AM
*snip
So..those 80M that cago to produce Defiance,they already got it.

There's no way Trion has recouped 80 million dollars from Defiance LOL.

Hilarious.

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 08:01 AM
There's no way Trion has recouped 80 million dollars from Defiance LOL.

Hilarious.

Why are you still here,the servers keep running and they're working in a next gen console version then!? Lulz

Hilarious indeed

konstantinov
12-14-2017, 08:11 AM
Why are you still here,the servers keep running and they're working in a next gen console version then!? Lulz

Hilarious indeed

Is there relevance in you claiming defiance has grossed 80 million dollars and me playing the game? Or is this a very poor attempt to chastise me for playing the same game you play.

Neoshell
12-14-2017, 08:32 AM
Is there relevance in you claiming defiance has grossed 80 million dollars and me playing the game? Or is this a very poor attempt to chastise me for playing the same game you play.

Was just a question! You're free to answer it or not..but do you really think that if this game wouldnt make some profit we would be here having this discussion!?:p
I've not read that article yet cos i'm short on time right now,but the 80M cost is kinda bugging me. Is really hard for me to bite that production cost for a game like defiance tbh. Maybe with the syfy TV 1st season !? Can you confirm me or not that?

Anyway,i've played and i play a lot of different games and i never punish anyone for playing the same game . Lol
Already told you that we can share some thoughts or opinions through pm,just in case we end with notifications like used to happen a while bk.

Destromathe
12-14-2017, 09:15 AM
I know that there is a lot to talk about here, and the conversation about whether or not characters will transfer is a hot topic. However, keep in mind that the idea here is to give feedback about what you want to see for the future of Defiance!

Give us your ideas, your constructive criticism, and your dreams of what Defiance could be. Please keep the conversations here constructive. Thanks.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-14-2017, 09:25 AM
I know that there is a lot to talk about here, and the conversation about whether or not characters will transfer is a hot topic. However, keep in mind that the idea here is to give feedback about what you want to see for the future of Defiance!

Give us your ideas, your constructive criticism, and your dreams of what Defiance could be. Please keep the conversations here constructive. Thanks.

we want to be able to play the game 6 hours straight without a trion server has timeout. on ps4

Altras
12-14-2017, 09:26 AM

Appreciate you catching up on concerns!

Most of what I'd like to see I posted in Altra's Suggestion Box (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?261664-Altra-s-Suggestion-Box)

Not as important, but still cool in my mind:Storm/Ark Weaponry (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?274066-Storm-Weapons)

THE ROCKS
12-14-2017, 09:45 AM

You Want an idea for the future of this game Destro? UnBan All The old players you banned before.... that will make the community huge again.... make the game more fun and raise your bottom dollar

ATTEE
12-14-2017, 10:09 AM

By supporting current gen consoles I guess you will support the stronger versions of them as well (PS4 Pro for example). In this case the game should support 4k resolution (and that should be released on PC too!). This requires a HUD overhaul, I have 4k screen connected to my PC, and the game's current 4k support is very poor, the HUD can't handle it most of the time, its small, or limited to portions of the available screen area, leaving the remaining areas unused.

Another thing that should be on PS4 Pro: I don't know how well the game runs/will run, but *if* the game can't run in 4k 60 fps, then setting should be available to pick 4k/30fps or 1080p/60fps mode. Or maybe 4k/60fps, with somewhat lowered graphical settings, so everybody could pick the option they like the most.

PS4 also has the Share button, which takes screenshots/records video, I think an option to turn off the HUD would be nice for the folks with artistic urges (and this would be neat on PC too!).

The DualShock 4 also has a built-in speaker, maybe you could utilize it by moving all EGO unit speech on that speaker, that would be a nice addition to the gameplay.

Mare1993
12-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Defiance " in development " sounds familiar.

Bentu
12-14-2017, 10:20 AM
So my impression of what destro described is similar to when Alcatraz was added. A new ego cap and pursuits were added a sort of map expansion was added and later the shrill was added. We should be able to come into the game and do the new content reach the new cap and resume. I'm not sure if new players will be required to do the previous version of defiance or if that will even be available. But if you look at it the way I described it's not that crazy bentu.

My issue is being able to keep our gear and have it remain viable. I'm ok with doing missions and pursuits again just not the same ones I did to get to 6k 4 almost 5 times. If they let us move our characters and gear it has to stay viable otherwise what's the point.
Remember the rare preorder weapons we all got thinking it would give us an edge? If my gear ends up like the sporeshot or hexar and is account locked that will suck and make it not worth the trouble.

I would not play again if that was the case.

The devs have said time and again that they want the game to be the same across all the systems so it will either stay the same with future expansion to come or like you said a rewrite will be required and PC will have to start over again to.
I tend to think it will be the former as it's the cheaper route for them to take and we've actually seen how they do things with reskins and reused content so it's safe to say that's what they will do.

My issue is on day one of playing it on xbx1 will I start at the wall with nothing and have to purchase everything I have now or will there be a character account transfer where everything I've bought will be available.
You then come to the question of how much should that actually cost because we've all bought different amounts of gear and some people actually have virtually everything in the game and some may of only bought a few inventory slots.

To be honest I don't really care but what I do care about is my main toon on 4 servers that I've put a lot of time into building and having great fun role playing with.

THE ROCKS
12-14-2017, 10:31 AM
The devs have said time and again that they want the game to be the same across all the systems so it will either stay the same with future expansion to come or like you said a rewrite will be required and PC will have to start over again to.
I tend to think it will be the former as it's the cheaper route for them to take and we've actually seen how they do things with reskins and reused content so it's safe to say that's what they will do.

My issue is on day one of playing it on xbx1 will I start at the wall with nothing and have to purchase everything I have now or will there be a character account transfer where everything I've bought will be available.
You then come to the question of how much should that actually cost because we've all bought different amounts of gear and some people actually have virtually everything in the game and some may of only bought a few inventory slots.

To be honest I don't really care but what I do care about is my main toon on 4 servers that I've put a lot of time into building and having great fun role playing with.

Ive put alot of time n money into my main toon... if i have to start over i will have wasted my time

Bentu
12-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Ive put alot of time n money into my main toon... if i have to start over i will have wasted my time

To me that's the main point the time investment in those characters.
Trouble is that also includes the contents those characters have accumulated which has the game experience and memories you've played in with them.

Edit. Another thing I just thought of is will clans transfer over to. If so what happens if the founder decides not to play on the new game.

Verga DeFuego
12-14-2017, 12:52 PM

My suggestions:

Reduce the use of RNG and bit box gambling. The news is full of articles talking about the ethics of online games and the need for a legislative solution. Trion has an opportunity to get in front of this and establish better mechanisms for generating revenue without resorting to gambling and enraged players.

I understand that the Exchange can't return, but the lack of a convenient trading system is hurting Defiance and will negatively effect any efforts to grow or expand the game.

New content: The game needs an expansion that includes more compelling end game content to keep long time players engaged and in the game.

Thank you for listening.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-14-2017, 01:59 PM
how about cutting all loading times in half

WhiteStrike
12-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Please do some optimization. I get over 120 frames in games with much more GPU intensive effects yet Defiance never reaches 60 fps even with minimum settings.

edispilfnairb
12-14-2017, 04:56 PM
I want to transfer my toon and gear. Been asking this question since year one. A game free of the lag and latency on next gen, with my toon and gear would be a huge good start in my book Destro.

Infinity Eagle
12-14-2017, 05:07 PM

How about new hardware/ servers and a better ISP?
Can hardly play the game without disconnecting.

Cygnus
12-14-2017, 06:47 PM
My problem with transfers is, all the gear will may not be useful. Its like PvP vs Pve. Electric is cool in pvp but doesn't do squat in pve. So if we pay for our gear to transfer how can we be certain it will be viable?? And will it be character locked?? Those two scenerois have me more concerned than the price. If it's character locked and not viable for more than 30 days why bother? Give me the new stuff....shame to lose it all but....

Jerrmy12
12-14-2017, 09:32 PM

the only idea I can think of right now is allowing console characters to also be transfered to PC, regardless of which console.

Ryu Soba JP
12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
Im glad to see this non-announcement finally getting some traction.

For me Id like to see no disconnects, no hardlocks and as little lag as possible.

Lots of games have done character transfers from last to next gen. Not sure if the account data was stored in a file save on the console or on the games servers like Defiance is. But, I hope this will also be something that happens. It would be like porting a toon from console to the test server only in this case to next gen.

I havent really played in a long while. If it comes to PS4 AND my accounts transfers I could see myself playing again.

Hate
12-16-2017, 01:50 AM
I want a game scenario where it sucks everyone into pvp if they want to go or not ,thorn liro but fight other players ,multi scenario pvp where it goes from capture and hold to team death match to asassination ,to free for all . How about nuclear bombs dropping randomly ,hulkers roaming aimlessly but if you cant transfer your toon to the ps4 just forget my ideas i wont care cause i wont be playing ,oh yeah and we need more cow bell .

Cygnus
12-17-2017, 10:47 PM
My suggestion is you fix this version of defiance and fix it fast or none of us will be around to support the new version. Current players are very upset with the state of the game on all 3 platforms. None of us will have faith in the new version if we are ignored and continue to be treated in this manner. Why should we stay?

Hate
12-18-2017, 01:32 AM
Yeah the game is really lagging ,a whole minute goes by where you have to stop and wait to start playing again ,you cant switch guns , teleport ,inspect players ,text in chat ,nothing. This pause in play happens every 15 minutes but never affected the trade i was in for hours ,hmm,,,,,anyways the games in bad shape.

Chump Norris
12-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Never mind, my criticism isn't worth an infraction.

Celldweller
12-18-2017, 04:50 AM
the main thing I ask is a Xbox 360 transfer to PC!!! yes yes yes

Bentu
12-18-2017, 05:57 AM
Never mind, my criticism isn't worth an infraction.

Bwq4kpKEIPA

defiancegame
12-27-2017, 06:50 AM
I don't understand what's going to change? What i mean to say is PC still has lags, bugs and other issues that haven't been fixed for...years! What is the incentive to buy the game for ps4/Xbox1? Don't get me wrong this was the best game i'd played and has so much potential in the market even with the current generation consoles. Although, now it isn't in a good shape, i believe we all agree on this point right? maybe not. I used to play pvp a lot but since that update(I'm sure you know what that is) i haven't been into it really. pvp updates(to worse) haven't stopped, have they? The game is lacking a lot of stuff and re-introduction of other stuff as well.

konstantinov
12-27-2017, 06:59 AM
I don't understand what's going to change? What i mean to say is PC still has lags, bugs and other issues that haven't been fixed for...years! What is the incentive to buy the game for ps4/Xbox1? Don't get me wrong this was the best game i'd played and has so much potential in the market even with the current generation consoles. Although, now it isn't in a good shape, i believe we all agree on this point right? maybe not. I used to play pvp a lot but since that update(I'm sure you know what that is) i haven't been into it really. pvp updates(to worse) haven't stopped, have they? The game is lacking a lot of stuff and re-introduction of other stuff as well.

Defiance has been f2p for 3.5 years. You mentioned PC having problems but have you played on console? Consoles have been trash since release and have progressively gotten worse since the middle of the year.

defiancegame
12-27-2017, 07:08 AM
Defiance has been f2p for 3.5 years. You mentioned PC having problems but have you played on console? Consoles have been trash since release and have progressively gotten worse since the middle of the year.
I played on both, i understand how you feel. Getting kicked every a few minutes was a nightmare.

konstantinov
12-27-2017, 07:16 AM
I played on both, i understand how you feel. Getting kicked every a few minutes was a nightmare.

On ps3, you have a 50/50 chance of being dc'd or a hard freeze when you bring up your map, go to your loadouts, scroll to the matrix screen or look at your rigs chips. Silicon Valley doesn't work for probably a 1/5th of the player base and I've been seeing more and more of the repoman making a comeback.

Battle5Star
12-28-2017, 03:22 AM
This does indeed sound good and would be greeted favourably by many vet players who had moved on to next gen...

I haven't been here for a long time, but I was checking the news about Defiance's future almost every week in the last few years...and I'm so happy now. :) Can't wait to play again my favourite game on xb1 or ps4.
Thank you.

Bentu
12-28-2017, 04:39 AM
I haven't been here for a long time, but I was checking the news about Defiance's future almost every week in the last few years...and I'm so happy now. :) Can't wait to play again my favourite game on xb1 or ps4.
Thank you.

Hey Star long time no see, yes a lot of the old crowd said they'd jump back on if it went next gen but I think they'd be expecting a better state of play.

Heishiro Mitsurugi
12-31-2017, 03:28 AM
Hey All,

Rarnok and I just got back from attending PSX in Anaheim, and many of you are aware of a brief tech demo we provided to a few members of the media. PSX gave us a great opportunity to show you what weve been working towards for the future of Defiance, and ultimately get some great feedback from the community. I see the questions that have come from that, and I have a few answers to your burning questions. This demo was setup with the community in mind, as a way to spread the word through press and get the best feedback possible from a wide audience.

- Destromathe

Toon trasfer will very much be the pressing issue and most vital aspect as a over 3 year paying player as i said in a past thread once of master protecter's, some are so invested in game we deserve trions investment in us and our investments of toons and future and longevity into our toons is a must also funny in thread how i mentioned how rng has not become a legal issue yet
was surprising and look where world is now with loot crates... your players are smart and in tune alot more then one would think keep listening to us and allow the power of the players "voice" to be heard and this all could be a good future for us all. truely the balls in your court trion make us proud !!!

passe
01-18-2018, 07:05 AM
Hey All,

- Destromathe

Thank you for this! It is good to know, thath they are thinking about this issue, and at least trying to make it happen. IF it will be possible, TRIO would be able to keep big amount of loyal players playing. Defiance on Xbox One, and us players being able to transfer our stuff (or at least some of it), would be good enoug reason for me to buy Xbox One and keeping playing all the future years also.

This game has ALOT potential for something great and legendary. It already is a great game.. Hell, even has loyal players who have played 4-5 years. If you Devs see this, i want to point out to you, that you have a full game here, and very loyal players, who play many hours every single day. It would be worth it for you Devs to make it possible for players to transfer their stuff to new consoles. There would be SOOOOOOO MANY players who would do that. And those players already know the game in n out too, which means that you TRION would be getting all that sweet money from players buying their Patron Passes and Bit-Boxes.. So yeah your effort to make the transfer possible, would be worth it financially too.. Think about for example 500-1500 players all transferring to new consoles... If that transfer needs to have a fee, for example 12$.. It would be 12x1500=18,000$ just from the transfers. And those players willl of course all be hardcore Defiance players buying Patrons and stuff every month... So yeah think about the transfer very seriously Devs. For making it happens, will for sure be worth it.

konstantinov
01-18-2018, 07:37 AM
Thank you for this! It is good to know, thath they are thinking about this issue, and at least trying to make it happen. IF it will be possible, TRIO would be able to keep big amount of loyal players playing. Defiance on Xbox One, and us players being able to transfer our stuff (or at least some of it), would be good enoug reason for me to buy Xbox One and keeping playing all the future years also.

This game has ALOT potential for something great and legendary. It already is a great game.. Hell, even has loyal players who have played 4-5 years. If you Devs see this, i want to point out to you, that you have a full game here, and very loyal players, who play many hours every single day. It would be worth it for you Devs to make it possible for players to transfer their stuff to new consoles. There would be SOOOOOOO MANY players who would do that. And those players already know the game in n out too, which means that you TRION would be getting all that sweet money from players buying their Patron Passes and Bit-Boxes.. So yeah your effort to make the transfer possible, would be worth it financially too.. Think about for example 500-1500 players all transferring to new consoles... If that transfer needs to have a fee, for example 12$.. It would be 12x1500=18,000$ just from the transfers. And those players willl of course all be hardcore Defiance players buying Patrons and stuff every month... So yeah think about the transfer very seriously Devs. For making it happens, will for sure be worth it.

That's a lot of speculation. Realistically, wouldn't population be up if there were all these hardcore Defiance players?

Alahali
01-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Trion has a debt with us, many years of the dcd lag and problems without solutions and despite these we remain firm paying the patron pass and other people investing money in the bit store as well.
If the idea is to move the game for the next gen the transfer of the characters is a recognition to loyalty.
But If we talk about bussines (Obviously must have a coste) is an obligation.

passe
01-18-2018, 01:29 PM
That's a lot of speculation. Realistically, wouldn't population be up if there were all these hardcore Defiance players?

All the "loyal hardcore players" are the ones that remain still playing every single day big hours. An realistically yes there are ALOT of players active. These HC players have stuff worth ALOT. And yes there WILL be alot of players moving to Xbox One if/when it happens. Even more players, if we are able to get our stuff to the new side. Dont where you play, but on xbox 360 both EU and NA combined is alot of players. There are alot actives and there are also hundreds of people who have gotten Xbox One and quit Defiance cos of that. This same subject has been discussed for months and months now on both servers, and also huge amount of those who moved on n play One now, will be coming, if they get the game for their new console. The numbers I threw were low-balled. Im not seculating anything. The community on Xbox is very close and everyone know everyone there, so we very much so know how the cute little community of manboys of ours behave. And also I made very good points on why TRION should make effort to make us be able to transfer to new side. We dont need pessimism here.

Game player traffic is alive and well. Actually there are ALOT of new players starting every single day. Only old players whine and cry that "game's dying" when really their own friendlists and clans are the ones that are dying. Their own fault for not caring. Its up to US to teach and show new noobs how the game works. Our clan actually recruits and teaches these noobs, and when we see other big clans die (we always been one of biggest), our clan is at the moment bigger than it ever been. Even old console like Xbox 360 still has tons of noobs starting every single day and hour, and we are there to take them in. If all you people cry and whine that the game and clans are dying, look in the damn mirror. Sorry but that's just how it is. Trion this, Trion that.. Blah blah. Of course it's Trion's fault and all you people done nothing wrong..

konstantinov
01-18-2018, 04:10 PM
All the "loyal hardcore players" are the ones that remain still playing every single day big hours. An realistically yes there are ALOT of players active. These HC players have stuff worth ALOT. And yes there WILL be alot of players moving to Xbox One if/when it happens. Even more players, if we are able to get our stuff to the new side. Dont where you play, but on xbox 360 both EU and NA combined is alot of players. There are alot actives and there are also hundreds of people who have gotten Xbox One and quit Defiance cos of that. This same subject has been discussed for months and months now on both servers, and also huge amount of those who moved on n play One now, will be coming, if they get the game for their new console. The numbers I threw were low-balled. Im not seculating anything. The community on Xbox is very close and everyone know everyone there, so we very much so know how the cute little community of manboys of ours behave. And also I made very good points on why TRION should make effort to make us be able to transfer to new side. We dont need pessimism here.

Game player traffic is alive and well. Actually there are ALOT of new players starting every single day. Only old players whine and cry that "game's dying" when really their own friendlists and clans are the ones that are dying. Their own fault for not caring. Its up to US to teach and show new noobs how the game works. Our clan actually recruits and teaches these noobs, and when we see other big clans die (we always been one of biggest), our clan is at the moment bigger than it ever been. Even old console like Xbox 360 still has tons of noobs starting every single day and hour, and we are there to take them in. If all you people cry and whine that the game and clans are dying, look in the damn mirror. Sorry but that's just how it is. Trion this, Trion that.. Blah blah. Of course it's Trion's fault and all you people done nothing wrong..

If the game is alive and well as you say how is it the trade forums across all platforms are basically dead? Xbox 360 NA use to have the busiest sub forum and now its dead. Asking a question based off specific numbers YOU provided is not pessimism. Ive had numerous players tell me that Xbox 360 NA is dead and most of the vets have moved on. Are they wrong?

Calm like a Bomb
01-18-2018, 04:16 PM
The key take away from Destros post-

However, we are dedicated to the idea of both platforms being included if we move forward.

...so don't get your hopes up, although Trion Worlds is an amazing company and they never leave one feeling disappointed. Game will soon be pc only with an option to transfer console characters is my guess.

...but who knows, Februarys livestream should answer all our questions but if they decide to play "games" and divulge nothing substantial of Defiance's fate, are you all (console players) gonna stick around and continue to support this competent, caring company that handles criticism well? A company that is always checking the forum to reply to substantial forum inquires with well thought out detailed answers? Will you continue supporting this company who keeps their servers operating at optimal performance levels? Fixes the plethora of reported bugs? Charges a reasonable amount for their "non-weighted" lootboxes? Well, will you?

That there my friends is dedication and devotion! A showing of Trions commitment to the faithful, loyal, financially supportive playerbase.

I imagine this is what goes on at the corporate headquarters.
https://s18.postimg.org/82id3dqq1/d04bb64974bcdb9d8fd9d9e538089bd6.gif:rolleyes:

Eric Cloud
01-20-2018, 09:41 AM
As someone who can no longer even play on PC for some reason, guessing the game has issues with my PC since 3 months ago. I highly doubt this is going to happen. This post on that site has no date, and the numbers seem waaaayyyyyy off to me. Had invested money in this game, and sadly just reached 6k and got all my JPs upgraded and BOOM i can no longer even get into the servers. Trion did respond when i sent a ticket. Tried many things to end up having no luck at all, and had to let the current patron i had go to waste for the last 15 or so days of it. Very sad to finally finish my character to now being useless to me. And well i really have a hard time believing that 120k active members play on all of it combined. Steam charts say around 500 players, if you factor in non-steam it may add 500 more, maybe even 1000 more. SO that being said i guess the other 119k are all playing on console? Lol to me this smells fishy as hell, think Trump is behind this! j/k hell idk maybe they do have 118-119k people on console, but everyone i know who has a ps3, xbox no longer play them or they quit working and they moved on over a year ago to newer consoles. And even then, NONE of them have even heard of this game. Anyways, still sad it will not even load for me, miss this game. But not going to go buy a console to play the same game and start from scratch just so it "Looks prettier"

Here is just the steam results.............. which has lost over 300 players since the start of 2017.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/224600#All

Heishiro Mitsurugi
02-27-2018, 11:38 AM
Hey All,

Rarnok and I just got back from attending PSX in Anaheim, and many of you are aware of a brief tech demo we provided to a few members of the media. PSX gave us a great opportunity to show you what weve been working towards for the future of Defiance, and ultimately get some great feedback from the community. I see the questions that have come from that, and I have a few answers to your burning questions. This demo was setup with the community in mind, as a way to spread the word through press and get the best feedback possible from a wide audience.

- Destromathe

Graphical port you say can we expect defiance 2050 to be same? In reguards to character transfers... damn man huge let down for defiance 2050