PDA

View Full Version : Whoever Placed the rings in the time trials.....

m0bscene
04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Should be shot in the ****. Please explain to me how to do this.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/864964469412165140/85EA12B24950615BA092D31E0C9533AE0E9B585C/1024x576.resizedimage

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/864964469412164081/4FECB0B1AEFB31705EE18918D486800520EC4D64/1024x576.resizedimage

Ceois
04-09-2013, 02:29 PM
I know right? Well no :D. Try to complete the event there and than it will disappear. I had the same problem. They should move the event a little.

Natjur
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Really? For me that's half the fun, trying to dodge the events that are along the time trial. But if one is really in the way and a pain, I will stop, clear it and then redo the run.

The only issue I have is when an ark fall was ON a ring, so there was no way (even at crawl speed) to get through the ring. In your screenshot you can still get past, its just hard. When an Ark fall is ON the ring, there is no way without clearing the ark fall.

m0bscene
04-09-2013, 02:44 PM
not really, the moment you hit the ring you get buttraped in 3seconds. Also anyone noticed that you complete a trial in say example 3minutes but it gives you 3:04, which cost you a gold?

Ighox
04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't see the big deal, just spend a minute clearing it and move on.

And yes the game adding two seconds sucks, especially in the short time trials.
(And it sucks for the leaderboards obviously, but they are going to be ruined by exploiters or hackers most of the time anyways.)

Truhls
04-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Clear the event and do the time trial. Jesus, is that too ****in hard?

DustOfDeath
04-09-2013, 03:35 PM
it sucks if you ride int osoem invisibel object that just appears -_- i even had hulker spawnign on the ring.

Valethar
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Could have sworn I saw Lance or Mathew say they were looking at the time trials and spawn locations to tune them better so those things didn't pop up in stupid places like that.

AzzerUK
04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Yup I had this - same event in the same spot on that time trial. Spent 1 minute clearing the event, then went and did the time trial (which I think I then took 4 attempts on for gold, blegh!).

Mildly irritating, but fixable yourself in a very short amount of time so not a major issue! :D

cfStatic
04-09-2013, 03:46 PM
not really, the moment you hit the ring you get buttraped in 3seconds. Also anyone noticed that you complete a trial in say example 3minutes but it gives you 3:04, which cost you a gold?

Yup, I technically have gold on Demon Run, but because of the +3 seconds(for me), I get robbed every time.

Shawnchapp
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Lol ya i had the same problem just clear them out then do the trial

tyguild
04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I got gold on this trial without clearing them :) But seriously lifes 100x easier if you do

Natjur
04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
I got gold on this trial without clearing them :) But seriously lifes 100x easier if you do
But its a lot more fun if you don't. :)

Monkheal
04-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I really need to plug in my xbox controller so that i can start doing these my nostromo n52 pad is not the easiest to drive with lol. I tried doing a couple trials and my hand felt like it was about to split apart lol. But yea these events getting in the way suck but still dynamic worlds pretty sweet adding challenges you dont even expect lol.

the1gwiz
04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
-snip- you get buttraped in 3seconds -snip-

I thought you had to buy that content with bits.....???

Biowraith
04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
This happens so often on so many time trials I'm pretty sure it's 100% deliberate.

I had an arkfall crystal land directly on my atv during one trial. This proved to be slightly detrimental to getting the gold on that attempt...

KodiakX
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Press E, get off the bike. Clear the event. Repeat track. Repeat as needed till track is clear. In Norther San Fran (where this appears to be) I had to clear like 4 events off the track cause they kept spawning in the same spots. Eventually got them all.

Kane
04-09-2013, 04:39 PM
oh i remember my frustration with this one ... tried to do the event...surprise...at the end 3 bulwarks spawn to say hello and give you some grenades...after a few tries to complete the event...i did it....then i started the time trial and by the time i got to the second lap...guess what...event up again...so in the end i got gold with that event there...

Halgan
04-09-2013, 05:03 PM
change the 4 wheelers to dirt bikes.

Only thing a 4 wheeler can do that a dirt bike can't is lose.

Connery
04-09-2013, 05:43 PM
thats actually the easier of the events that can occur there, i had a straight up dark matter assault there and would just blow up my bike every time i got near it, the few times i was able to get through it would add so much time i wouldnt even come close to finishing. i had to clear it several times to get one i could manage to zip through.

Bluegobln
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I was able to gold every single race in the game with at most 3-4 tries per race. Most of them I got in 1 go.

When it came to things like you're showing in the screenshot, you just have to find a way through it as quickly as you can. Sometimes I was able to hit a nearby hill, fly OVER the camp tagging the top of the ring on my way by, and land on the other side and continue at high speed (which felt awesome by the way). There is always a way.

If you must, then just go through it faster and give yourself enough time to make it through the camp.

Era
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
You don't have to tag the top of the ring, the detection box for it is infinitely tall. I've soared over rings no problem.

As for the second penalty glitch, it comes from the countdown letting you start the race triggering on a delay while a ghost timer has started from the normal starting moment in the background. I had to clear the east coast race course with all the piranha plant obstacles with a 3 second penalty but you have some leeway with every race if you're high enough level.

And as for events spawning on race tracks I like it but I only ever had a problem with the northern San Francisco race (where I had to clear the event at the base of the starter hill to clear a path) and mine alley had a few annoying ones though I actually cleared it with one still in place. I like it, kinda emphasizes the fact that the world is not there to make life easy for you. I did the piranha plant course having to drive through a minor arkfall actually, complete with barriers in my way I had to slip past.

On a related note, I'm level 20 in ATVs and I just got my black dodge so cheers to never having to do that stuff again.

atlantix
04-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Should be shot in the ****. Please explain to me how to do this.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/864964469412165140/85EA12B24950615BA092D31E0C9533AE0E9B585C/1024x576.resizedimage

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/864964469412164081/4FECB0B1AEFB31705EE18918D486800520EC4D64/1024x576.resizedimage

i had the same event on same time trial

do you know what i did?

i got off my bike, killed the mobs, and restarted the time trial and i got my gold medal

maybe instead of crying on forums try to improvise

m0bscene
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
i had the same event on same time trial

do you know what i did?

i got off my bike, killed the mobs, and restarted the time trial and i got my gold medal

maybe instead of crying on forums try to improvise

i expected nothing more than a bunch of kids coming to comment. No **** really? THATS WHAT YOU DO? OMG NO WAI.

All i was trying to say was this shouldn't exist. It becomes quite frustrating when you complete your first lap perfect and on second lap you get destroyed by that..... That is all, didn't realize it was that hard to comprehend what i was saying. You Sir are about as dumb as the person who put them there.

russell733
04-09-2013, 09:03 PM
There is a path you can take through them, but its easy to hit something and get stopped. I still managed to get my Silver with that one up, but I had a lot of practice previously.

I got real frustrated with events in trials doing the Muir processing one one time. Cleared one event and restart trial and a little further along I run into another one, clear that and start again and on second lap an Arkfall lands in the middle. Then the first 2 events i cleared respawn and so i finally learned to just go through and around them as best as I can.

Surprised there arent any that have that event with the raider camp with the giant log in the path of any of em

Qei
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
That same exact thing happened to me as well. Use the sandbags in the front as a ramp, hit the boost,, and fly over the lot..

Of course, I did that only once, and it was by total accident I lined up perfectly to land next to the far ring...

Good luck.

atlantix
04-09-2013, 09:26 PM
i expected nothing more than a bunch of kids coming to comment. No **** really? THATS WHAT YOU DO? OMG NO WAI.

All i was trying to say was this shouldn't exist. It becomes quite frustrating when you complete your first lap perfect and on second lap you get destroyed by that..... That is all, didn't realize it was that hard to comprehend what i was saying. You Sir are about as dumb as the person who put them there.

my dear m00b friend,
no need to get all defensive here.. i wasn't trying to insult your gaming skillz or trying to teach you how to be better..
i can understand your frustration. i am 1500+ EGO and i completed all the gold medal time trials 3 days ago.. i know they can be so frustrating.. in some cases i even about to break my keyboard.. then i called a friend, he cleared up the paths,, sometimes i cleared them myself,, i changed vehicle boost binding to mouse button so i won't get tired pressing left shift... etc..

all i'm saying you don't have to whine and cry just because you fail. you can try again and success.. all you have to do is be cool and try to play your game instead of expecting others to solve your issues..

Keithy21
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Yup, I technically have gold on Demon Run, but because of the +3 seconds(for me), I get robbed every time.

We have a thread going on here about this issue, make a post there so we can get this fixed....

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?26262-Tranquility-sprint-adding-time

I was able to gold medal everything on my main but on my alt today it keeps adding like 3-4 seconds on my races so I'm only getting silver, I've gotten under the :38 seconds required for gold but keeps saying I'm getting a :40 or :39 when I actually get a :36 or :37

m0bscene
04-10-2013, 11:51 AM
all i'm saying you don't have to whine and cry just because you fail. you can try again and success.. all you have to do is be cool and try to play your game instead of expecting others to solve your issues..

This really doesn't even deserve a reply, but i must ask, Are you special? Read my last post, i didn't want anyone's help. I was simply making a statement that this should not exist. Yes starting the trial and running into it is fine, hop off and clear it, but what i was angry about is making your second lap and it spawning. It's frustrating is all i'm saying. I got my black challenger shortly after. No one was crying until now, and that is because i feel sorry for your slowness and ability to comprehend. Don't worry i'm not gonna be Defensive nor Offensive towards you because picking on/beating up mental midgets on the interwebs isn't very nice!

Doowi
04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh god yeah I remember doing this and that appearing. I had to stop, clear it and then try again ... 2 minutes later another one appeared.

My reaction was this:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2cftjk6.gif

Shima
04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
The random events are what make the races so fun - no two races are identical.

Course, I'm not shooting for gold either, that would probably make it a lot more frustrating when you get blocked. But then there is a solution to that, too.

Thorbrand
04-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Kill them until is stops re-spawning and you will have a good 45min window. It sucks!

Shadinaxx
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Actually if you are halfway decent at a powerslide, you can swing wide, and cut in from the right side of the APC, boosting to hit the ammo box an hop over the bulwark that's usually there, while turning the quad to the right slightly and then tapping boost again to straighten out an hit the second ring. (is what I did, anyways, and I was forced to be a keyboard turner for it)

BattleTested
04-10-2013, 12:36 PM
i had to do a time trial and the rings where right in a arkfall battle lol my atv did not make it.

Blackwolfe
04-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Did the same race as the op, and was ran into the same event, almost made a pefect run through it but my atv got destroyed. So I vented my frustration by annihilating every single dark matter in sight. Then I re-attempted the race and took gold :)

The challenger time trials back in alpha/beta were worse as it was not uncommon to be blocked by 2-3 events in one race :P

Saye
04-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Yup, same exact race, and same exact event this morning.... I finally got tired of trying to dodge the event, do-able but annoying, and just cleared it...

As far as my timer saying I did it in say 2:12 and then the box saying it was actually 2:15 - I ran in to that problem on this race too... I just gave it up and went to hit gold on the other races in the area, then went back to that one lol

Blackwolfe
04-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Its the same with all the races in San Francisco. Dunno about the rest, never thought about it. But there have been times that I cleared gold...or thought I did, because the display was still at gold. But then as the race finished it said silver. Its like the timer doesn't stop when you run through the final checkpoint but keeps on ticking for a few seconds after it.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Looks like very first trial in SF. Had to clear it 5 times as there were stacked events (probably bug). Was fun watching some guy trying again and again do that trial with this barricade in the way.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Ok guy(s) youve all made your point. Its frustrating yes. But its what keeps the game from bieng too easy for people that dont want to do the work and complain(lets be honest, otherwise this post wouldnt exist). Its not hard to get off the vehicle and clear them. I mean millions of others including me do it and still get gold even with the few seconds bieng tacked on to the endtime. I understand theres a select few hundred ppl that it irritates to the point of instead of just figuring it out, feel the need to start a thread about it. And now you have and youve gotten constructive and some not so helpfull critisizms. Lets leave it at that. The end result is even with the things spawning and the clock adding seconds.......its still possible to get that gold man. Just give it all you got till you get it. Cos you can do it. I have faith in you. Just look past the frustration (which is whats slowing you down) and youll persavere. Then itll feel all the more satisfying when you kick that race in its undercarriage! Now go forth one and all and we can all start focusing on the real problems again. The ones that are game breaking for most of the ppl.

Mandrias
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Anyone who is just saying to clear the event, that can be ******** at times.
If this is the one I was failing on because of that same damn problem. The event spawns in about a minute or less.

I spent a few hours clearing the event just to have it reappear by the time i got to the second lap. I had my friend get on, and killed all but the last guy, I repeated the start of the race 13 times untill I got through the camp (pretty much by luck) without being slowed down, and 30 seconds later he finished clearing the event for me so it would be gone for lap 2.
It made getting the black charger the most rewarding thing I've done... it's slower than the red....which is slower than the orange. ._. **** IT, IM USING IT ANYWAYS I EARNED THAT ****!

whoiscraig
04-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I too am annoyed at this. If I'm racing, its because I want a break from fighting. Having to clear the event just to complete a race is a pain in the butt. IMO they need to do either one of two things:
- when you start a race make all events transparent to the racer, so we don't even see them.
- increase the respawn timer on the events, so it takes a few hours to come back. I've completed events then had them pop back up ten minutes later, its incredibly annoying.

At the end of the day the game has to be fun, and having random events in the middle of a race is NOT fun.

MrE78
04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Happens all the freaking time though I get lucky often. If its terrible I will clear the event though.

Oh and sup Whoiscraig hit me up on raptr sometime.

Youngwings
04-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Gotta be the ATV messiah, a Ninja with the 4 by 4. If its in the way, go over it... or through it. buhaha

Delicious Peaches
04-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Use boost! :p