PDA

View Full Version : Social.

Fish Trix
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Where is the people? Where is the talking the whole communication? I thought since this being a massive game i would meet new people.....Nope........ I wondering how hard it is the make friends and allies on here for others?
I'm online right now seeing little to no people.

GT:Achievedmatery

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I've only added one person since the game came out, but even he will probably be deleted in a month or so. Usually how things go. I tend to break the ice with people by walking up to them, using the greet emote, then dancing in front of them until they either leave or use the area chat. :p

Fish Trix
04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
True,but i don't get when i do interact with people they get all shady and walk away. I'm like hey i wanna just talk. :(

Ralifur
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow was the first m.... I mean yes! the social aspect is missing because of a lousy chat and a voice chat that when you turn it off you also turn off your chat. Would be nice to get a proper area chat going so trades can also happen. :-)

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Lousy chat is being addressed.

http://community.defiance.com/en/

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Lousy chat is being addressed.

http://community.defiance.com/en/

Are those skitterling plushes available for sale because DO WANT. D:

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Are those skitterling plushes available for sale because DO WANT. D:

not sure where you get the plushies. I"m sure they will be though.

GAM30V3R
04-09-2013, 04:41 PM
they where promo items from E3 and you can find some on ebay 35-60 bucks

Drekor
04-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I've only added one person since the game came out, but even he will probably be deleted in a month or so. Usually how things go. I tend to break the ice with people by walking up to them, using the greet emote, then dancing in front of them until they either leave or use the area chat. :p

Can't talk in area chat because I have voice chat turned off ... yay?

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Can't talk in area chat because I have voice chat turned off ... yay?

No. Not yay. it only turns off the chat for those people you have muted yourself.

If you 'mute' 'Taaltos' in group, THEN you've muted what Taaltos says through VOIP and Chat Box.

Buruko
04-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I see these threads and do not understand them. There is area text chat, like every other MMO. Most other MMOs don't have voice chat or if they do it is very shoddy. I don't know of any game with 'area based audio chat'.

Most socialization is done during groups or gathering in areas, and voice comm is done through 3rd party (vent, teamspeak, etc) by groups formed on forums for clans, guilds, etc.

Seriously do people just have an unrealistic expectation? Or are these complaints from those that solely have not played an MMO before? Cause not a single MMO I know of has great reliable voice chat in-game.

ANTIDEAD
04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I play both on PC and PS3 and you'd think the PC version would have more chatting going on, but it's not the case. They're both about equal.

A social hub would be nice, and I think the crater bar would be the perfect area for it. Just need a way to encourage players to start talking. As of now, the crater bar usually always has players in it. But no one is motivated to talk or break the ice.

Buruko
04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
That's not cause the game doesn't give a method to do so, but that players are not being social themselves... how is that Trion's problem?

Mack
04-09-2013, 06:56 PM
That's not cause the game doesn't give a method to do so, but that players are not being social themselves... how is that Trion's problem?

How the hell am i suppose to be social on a xbox 360 when i have to take my hands off of my controller to type out a message, while getting downed by the monsters around me. For consoles THERE NEEDS TO BE A VOICE CHAT, and for all consoles a WORLD CHAT that way you can communicate with everyone at once.

Slayer
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
I've typed a few times after Arkfalls or missions but nobody ever responds to them. Don't get me wrong, I understand why. It just seems like everyone I see in game is perfectly fine running by themselves. I didn't have any expectations for the community aspect of the game but find it odd that nobody seems to ever want to group up. I got more random friend requests and invites back when I played CoD or Battlefield which just seems totally backwards to me. It's not a complaint, just an observation, I'm having lots of fun with the game regardless. :)

Wrenito
04-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I see these threads and do not understand them. There is area text chat, like every other MMO. Most other MMOs don't have voice chat or if they do it is very shoddy. I don't know of any game with 'area based audio chat'.

Most socialization is done during groups or gathering in areas, and voice comm is done through 3rd party (vent, teamspeak, etc) by groups formed on forums for clans, guilds, etc.

Seriously do people just have an unrealistic expectation? Or are these complaints from those that solely have not played an MMO before? Cause not a single MMO I know of has great reliable voice chat in-game.I can't believe you're trying to defend this games chat/voice system. Its abysmal.

Most mmos chose not to have a voice chat, because players that must speak, prefer using vent/mumble hosted servers instead. The voice chat in this game is terrible. They should just do away with it.

They need to fix normal chat. Then some semblance of communication might occur in this game.