PDA

View Full Version : Shotguns are not OP and working as intended!

rush
04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
They are ONLY good at very close range.. Shotguns suck horribly from med+ range... Since shotguns are CQC it makes sense thats where they get advantages.. Stop playing small 8v8 maps that are CQC maps and complaining about CQC weapons.

So sick of people who dont understand game mechanics and balance especially in shooters..

Kroktar
04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
"Stop playing small 8v8 maps" rofl..this guy so fun.

rush
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
"Stop playing small 8v8 maps" rofl..this guy so fun.

8v8, 6v6 same thing this is very small and the maps are made for it... play bigger pvp maps this is an MMO afterall. anyone saying shotguns are op in control points and shadow war are noobs

Pain
04-09-2013, 05:02 PM
There's 2 maps...Then Shadow Wars.

Mental Riot
04-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Magically generate me some bigger maps, so I can get away from the CoD scrubs who think running Cloack/Shotty has skill. Yes, Shot guns work CQC, combine that with buffs from cloak and you have the most OP combo I've seen in a shooter since the UMP in MW2.

Shadow Wars is fun, but I dont want to spend 20-30 minutes every PvP match. I like TDM. TDM shouldn't be controlled by 1 weapon. I use SMGs. I still manage to stay atop. But 9/10 deaths are from Shottys or Rocket/Launcher scrubs who think they are good.

Kwatos
04-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Magically generate me some bigger maps, so I can get away from the CoD scrubs who think running Cloack/Shotty has skill. Yes, Shot guns work CQC, combine that with buffs from cloak and you have the most OP combo I've seen in a shooter since the UMP in MW2.

Shadow Wars is fun, but I dont want to spend 20-30 minutes every PvP match. I like TDM. TDM shouldn't be controlled by 1 weapon. I use SMGs. I still manage to stay atop. But 9/10 deaths are from Shottys or Rocket/Launcher scrubs who think they are good.

In other words "They don't play the way I want everyone to play, wahh"

rush
04-09-2013, 07:12 PM
In other words "They don't play the way I want everyone to play, wahh"

exactly, he even said he does great with another CQC weapon.. and he is wrong about one weapon dominating TDM, thats utter bs.. another clueless gamer brought to you by MR.

thejx4
04-09-2013, 07:17 PM
8v8, 6v6 same thing this is very small and the maps are made for it... play bigger pvp maps this is an MMO afterall. anyone saying shotguns are op in control points and shadow war are noobs

Here's the problem. Lemme explain this very carefully, because you don't seem to understand.

Instanced PvP - Less than 5 minutes to get into a match.

Shadow War - Less than 20 minutes if I'm lucky...or in Madera.

People want to play PvP, and enjoy it, but to play it more than 3 times every hour, you have to play instanced pvp. All of the maps are small, and let's not act like Freight Yard is a well designed map. Hell, let's not act like any of them are well designed, because they aren't. We're almost forced to play instanced pvp on CQC maps, so yes, we will complain. Also, roll up to a capture point and see how many cloaked shotgunners are sitting there waiting for you. On PS3, pretty much every PvP match ends up being Shotgun/Detonator vs Shotgun/Detonator. Every other weapon is useless.

Cqcnastyn8
04-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Here's the problem. Lemme explain this very carefully, because you don't seem to understand.

Instanced PvP - Less than 5 minutes to get into a match.

Shadow War - Less than 20 minutes if I'm lucky...or in Madera.

People want to play PvP, and enjoy it, but to play it more than 3 times every hour, you have to play instanced pvp. All of the maps are small, and let's not act like Freight Yard is a well designed map. Hell, let's not act like any of them are well designed, because they aren't. We're almost forced to play instanced pvp on CQC maps, so yes, we will complain. Also, roll up to a capture point and see how many cloaked shotgunners are sitting there waiting for you. On PS3, pretty much every PvP match ends up being Shotgun/Detonator vs Shotgun/Detonator. Every other weapon is useless.

Agree and its pretty dumb to. Everytime i die its from a shotgun. Nothing else lol

rush
04-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Agree and its pretty dumb to. Everytime i die its from a shotgun. Nothing else lol

then stop letting people get within 10 feet of you with out you doing anything before hand

Cqcnastyn8
04-09-2013, 09:00 PM
then stop letting people get within 10 feet of you with out you doing anything before hand
AH yes so easy to do when they cloak and i can't see them. Your right. Lets be honest. You use the shotgun..and im sure you use cloak as well. Tell me why does 90% of all the games i play in. Everyone uses Shotgun/cloak combo..explain that to me please. And don't give me the whole CQC argument because that is just a cop out and you know it.

So please do me a fav. Get a card capture or something to record a vid of you playing pvp in this game using weapons that are not shotgun/detonator and perks that aren't CLOAK :) and see how many times you die from a shotgun/cloak combo.

rush
04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Cloak is for bums, and I have used a range of weapons on all maps and got tops... ARs and even some SMGs destroy people trying to get into shotty range IF YOU CAN AIM..

Aidan415
04-10-2013, 12:00 AM
People won't just randomly cloak so it's your own fault if they get within 10 feet of you because you blindly charge in to area's. If you attack them before they see you then you can easily kill them and easily break their cloak should they try to use it to escape.

Why everyone uses Cloak/shotgun is because they follow the herd since everyone is doing it and complaining it's the best then i should join in is the motive why you see everyone doing it even though there is plenty of alternatives that **** all over that set up.

Also Shadow wars would be more frequent if people didn't throw a tantrum after 1 game and decide to never do it again, another suggestion would be that the majority of posters in this section collectively agree on a certain area that can be a designated shadow war zone rather than everyone queuing up in different area's waiting for those last 10 players.

Scorpio989
04-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Kinda hard not to play on small maps when EVERY SINGLE MAP IS SMALL.... The key that has been known by the developing community for at least 10 years now is to never give players the ability to instantly kill others using little to no skill. Most games get it right by making sniping the only means to one hit kill by headshots, but some such as defiance insist on letting pretty much anyone one hit kill with at least 45% extra damage and near complete invisibility. They need to reduce the various perks that increase damage by at least 20-33% and make invisibility much more noticeable. If I am running around with -50% damage to my back, and still getting one hit killed by a shotgun to the back, the game is clearly unbalanced...

rush
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Kinda hard not to play on small maps when EVERY SINGLE MAP IS SMALL.... The key that has been known by the developing community for at least 10 years now is to never give players the ability to instantly kill others using little to no skill. Most games get it right by making sniping the only means to one hit kill by headshots, but some such as defiance insist on letting pretty much anyone one hit kill with at least 45% extra damage and near complete invisibility. They need to reduce the various perks that increase damage by at least 20-33% and make invisibility much more noticeable. If I am running around with -50% damage to my back, and still getting one hit killed by a shotgun to the back, the game is clearly unbalanced...

every shooter on the market is one shot one kill in the back with a slow firing low mag shotgun..

wtf are you smoking?

learn2play

or go pve

Mental Riot
04-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Love how you try to so hard to defend something thats obviously Overpowered. You can say you dont use it if you'd like. But, defending Cloak/Shotty, means you use it. Is it beatable? Yes. But the fact that 90% of people playing TDM use the combo, proves the point of it being Overpowered.

Dont let them get close? Lol.

Its Cloak for a reason, meaning you cant see it. Keep running the combo and act like your good. Stop defending it.

Rhorge
04-10-2013, 04:00 AM
But, defending Cloak/Shotty, means you use it.

Such an open minded statement...

Kargion
04-10-2013, 05:40 AM
OP your fighting a losing battle. They are going to get the nerf hammer. If more than 80% of people are using the same weapon then its probably OP. We would need to see some real stats to see if what you are saying is true, or what the community is seeing is true.

Also "if you have aim" comment is pointless. There is so much lag on xbox with this game, its hard enough to aim let alone due it accurately.

Beats
04-10-2013, 06:27 AM
People forget that decoy effectively counters cloak. 30meter decloak range? That is well outside of effective range for shotguns, except the occasional person who uses a frag launcher one, or a slug shooting one and even then the damage dropoff is horrendous and you should murder them easily.

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
My question to everyone who is constantly getting "owned" by shotguns AND cloakers is what EGO/Perk Setup are they using and what Weapons/Grenades/Shields/Mods are they using? Please list a setup, don't generalize or say something like "it doesn't matter", because, really, it does.

Vidoka
04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I have found PvP very exciting in this game. I have had more than a fair share of encounters with cloak shotgun players. It's not a win-all by any means. I play a Grenadier in PvP to keep players from using cover and holding choke points. But, a Sniper or Cloak Shotgun player can easily take me out if they outsmart me. I've had dozens of occasions when I've spotted them cloaking to come after me from a ways off and I'll lay out a trap for them or drop a flashbang in their path to divert them. Cloak does not last forever! I've also saved allies this way. If you setup a trap when you see a cloak player start his approach to an ally, you can pickup an easy rescue kill. Smart play wins...

Gohlar
04-10-2013, 11:18 AM
People who know they are wrong always are the most angry. The people defending shotguns are really angry.

Aidan415
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Once shotguns have been nerfed then the next weapon becomes strongest do we complain until it is nerfed aswell? Because there is already a dozen setups in the shadows which overpower the shotgun setup and they will come to the front and will become the most used.

Also does something only count as a problem because lots of people use it or is it because it's actually strong, an example would be detonators + 30% dmg perk perk enemy hit in explosion + overcharge which allows you to fire an entire clip auto reload with overcharge and do the same again which is more than enough to lay waste to everything around you, OMG NERF.

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Once shotguns have been nerfed then the next weapon becomes strongest do we complain until it is nerfed aswell? Because there is already a dozen setups in the shadows which overpower the shotgun setup and they will come to the front and will become the most used.

Also does something only count as a problem because lots of people use it or is it because it's actually strong, an example would be detonators + 30% dmg perk perk enemy hit in explosion + overcharge which allows you to fire an entire clip auto reload with overcharge and do the same again which is more than enough to lay waste to everything around you, OMG NERF.

Players just want the way they play to be effective over all other ways and refuse to listen or try out other methods. Decoy absolutely owns shotguns+cloaks, but just because no one knows how to play it, they will claim that it's crap, or I shouldn't have to do that to win.. (the latter comment is what I have the biggest gripe with). I mean hell, you can teleport away with Decoy far out of shotgun range and snipe or grenade a cloaker. My personal favorite is bioGrenading my feet after sending a decoy away and watching a cloak/shotgun user run point blank into a bioGrenade and I shoot them with a Meteor Rifle for over 1000 per shot, then cankor them. Or, using my Decoy with an infector and simply teleport back and forth, lighting up the Cloak/Shotgunner with my Cankor. They have no clue which one of me to shoot since I can teleport on the fly; I can't wait until using Decoy correctly is labled OP.. Man oh man.. I can see it now: OMG THIS GUY WAS SHOOTING ME WITH HIS DECOY AND IT HURT ME SOMEHOW!

This game isn't a run of the mill shooter where you can use Overcharge and expect your 1337 Assault Rifle skills are going to beat everyone.. It requires understanding how different perks and skills synergize and how to work as a team; if you run solo, in the shadows with an AR and OVercharge, you're going to get merked by cloak, read how your perks are supposed to work.. Read how a Cloakers perks are supposed to work... In fact read how every EGO power and their perks are supposed to work.. In fact, go beyond that, respec often and find out how things actually work. Respeccing can be done at any time for a legitimately minor penalty... Trion wants players to experiment and find out effective combinations and add to the metagame, expecting your setup is superior to all is rubbish and instead of claiming something is OP, you should try out a different way of playing. Step outside the box!

Gohlar
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
I admit, listening to people try to convince themselves that Cloak isn't cheap always amuses me.

The best builds in Defiance require the least amount of skill. It's pretty stupid and attracts the lowest of the low which explains why most matches are the way they are.

Boss Waters
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I quick scope because skill. Discuss.

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I admit, listening to people try to convince themselves that Cloak isn't cheap always amuses me.

The best builds in Defiance require the least amount of skill. It's pretty stupid and attracts the lowest of the low which explains why most matches are the way they are.

A lot of the people on the boards defending Cloak aren't even Cloak users, we just see no need in nerfing a power that is balanced. We've seen how it affects games, turns them into games like WoW, where one week, X Class is OP, so the Dev nerfs it, it creates a true imbalance, then the next week Y Class is OP, so the Devs nerf that, etc. etc. etc. until, you're picking something because you think it looks cool and really has no true functioning ability.

Once again, no one that complains about Cloak being OP will post the loadout they're using.

Zeroexit
04-10-2013, 01:58 PM

****ing stupid statement, Cloak and Blur are both designed to close in on you.

Aidan415
04-10-2013, 02:00 PM
They only close in on you if they see you first and without you seeing them first, if they don't see you then you shoot and kill them if you do see them and they see you then you shoot their cloak off, simple as ****.

greatdividers
04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
****ing stupid statement, Cloak and Blur are both designed to close in on you.

****ing stupid statement, cloak and blur are both designed to get keep distance from people

Zeroexit
04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
****ing stupid statement, cloak and blur are both designed to get keep distance from people

Isnt that the same ****ing thing?

Zeroexit
04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
They only close in on you if they see you first and without you seeing them first, if they don't see you then you shoot and kill them if you do see them and they see you then you shoot their cloak off, simple as ****.

Oh mah bad, ill be sure to see everyone first.......

Aidan415
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
so you're complaining that someone got the jump on you and wrecked you? If someone attacks you without noticing it's almost always a guaranteed kill this is relatively common knowledge

Molon Labe
04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Personally I don't consider shotguns OP. However, I do think the fact that many of them are as accurate while hipfiring as they are when aiming and that is unacceptable. I think a good fix would be make the hipfire spread on all shotguns as wide as the wide angle shotguns you find sometimes. That would do 2 things: 1) reduce the number of cloak shotgunners running around 2) those that do continue using cloak and shotguns will be those that actually have skill, not those only using it because its easy. Hipfire should only be effective if you are right up on someone, as in what would be about 10 ft.

EnabrimGFC
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM

1. Stay in open spaces on the map and you won't get *** blasted by a shotgun so much.
2. Stay in groups with your team and you won't get picked off by a stealthier so easily.

Hazardous
04-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Lets not forget people jumping around like is quake 3 :D

Only thing wrong with shotguns is the hip spread... its too easy to hit someone with it, so people act like the damn easter bunny around the map, killing without too much effort players who are actually trying to aim their weapons :(

rush
04-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Such an open minded statement...

especially since hes the one bringing up cloak, this is about SHOTGUNS CAN THIS CLOWN EVEN READ? probably not.

this topic is full of laughable responses by tryhards who fail hard and wanna cry on the forums. Learn to play

rush
04-10-2013, 08:54 PM
1. Stay in open spaces on the map and you won't get *** blasted by a shotgun so much.
2. Stay in groups with your team and you won't get picked off by a stealthier so easily.

no hes a noob and wants to own with noobtactics if not NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

GodsofGravy
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
shot guns are op there is no defending that what so ever, there is no need for any other gun in defiance for pvp since everyone uses shot guns anyways

Vidoka
04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
shot guns are op there is no defending that what so ever, there is no need for any other gun in defiance for pvp since everyone uses shot guns anyways

Actually, I've yet to use a shotgun in PvP. I find the range too unreliable. 40% of the people in this thread are trolling crybabies, another 40% don't feel it's an OP weapon and 20% of the others can't summon proficient english skill to make sense. I'd be willing to bet, like myself, most of those who don't find the Shotgun OP also don't even use it. You wanna troll it up? Fine. The points been discussed past my interest after this post. If they debuff shotguns somehow, it just means I'll own you other scrubs in PvP twice as hard because it'll be tougher for them to stop me.

MosesOfWar
04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Sawed-Offs will be nerfed in the upcoming Patch; nerfing Pump Shotguns is an absolutely horrible idea due the fact that, in their current state, they take multiple shots to actually kill someone and need to be in close range for effect. They are easily counterable, even if ganked by a Cloaker.

Rhorge
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't even understand why sawed off shotguns are getting a nerf anyway. If they will no longer be able to one-shot kill then that gun type will be completely, utterly useless.

MosesOfWar
04-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I agree. But unfortunately, there's a loud player base complaining about Glass Cannon builds. ...They are very loud....

armedpoop
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Glass cannon is the entire point of a SAED OFF. One shot and a log *** reload. Well deserving of a one shot. Wtf.
Theres multiple ways of uncloaking somebody as well. Freakin adapt, thats how pvp works. Since sawed offs are getting nerfed, there will just be another weapon to cry nerf about. Man I hate how they listened to all the people crying in the forums. This just goes to show how easily things will be nerfed in the future :(

greatdividers
04-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Glass cannon is the entire point of a SAED OFF. One shot and a log *** reload. Well deserving of a one shot. Wtf.
Theres multiple ways of uncloaking somebody as well. Freakin adapt, thats how pvp works. Since sawed offs are getting nerfed, there will just be another weapon to cry nerf about. Man I hate how they listened to all the people crying in the forums. This just goes to show how easily things will be nerfed in the future :(

holy f***ing tears. do you know how much sawn-offs are going to be nerfed? it is likely going to be less than 10%. so instead of 2x1900 shots you'll be doing at WORST 2x1710. that isn't nearly as big of a deal as people make it sound.

in the last 6 months trion has done an incredible job with balancing pvp in rift. you can expect that to carry over here.

Vidoka
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Also: You have have two weapons. If they're still alive after you hit'em then SWITCH! How hard a concept is this? I finish people with my SMG when I run outta Grenades all the damn time. Are you guys seriously thinking this through?

Kriegson
04-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Also: You have have two weapons. If they're still alive after you hit'em then SWITCH! How hard a concept is this? I finish people with my SMG when I run outta Grenades all the damn time. Are you guys seriously thinking this through?
Of course not, they're just *****ing and moaning to ***** and moan. =/

Sawed off is still viable, especially with stealth considering you Fire twice, then move erratically while you re-cloak. Meanwhile IF they survived (it's only a slight damage nerf) you swap your weapon and finish them off. Pump shotguns are fine considering 2 hits to kill with a fast pump is not the end of the world by any means at all. Oh no, it takes you a quarter of a second to get that second shot off plzbufmiborknplaystyl!

Kroktar
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
delicious shotgun tears

RoP707
04-11-2013, 03:29 PM
learn to use thick skinned and escape artist you can at least live long enough to run away

Muffinman
04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
There's 2 maps...Then Shadow Wars.

Last I knew there were three...

Observatory 8v8
Waterfront 6v6
Freight Yard 16v16

nF7e4
04-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I feel like the main problems come from trying to balance PvP and PvE in one Entity (due to lack of a proper word)

Elchuchu
04-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Pretty much uninstalled this game after getting nothing but instantly killed by cloak+ shotgun combo all day long. Shotguns need to be removed from PvP.

Kwatos
04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Elchuchu took the last train home.

rush
04-12-2013, 08:06 PM
bump, shottys are fine

Kwatos
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Patrón shotties are the best. Mmm taquila!

Kataclysm
04-12-2013, 09:29 PM
As said in a previous post of mine. If I can walk around hold down button with an auto shotty and recieve kill without trying(Which I do and abuse the **** out of it) Its pretty damn OP.

Sedna
04-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Why the weapons don't have separates stats in pve/pvp. I know it's possible, several games use this. Like Serious Sam 3 BFE for example. Why it's so hard in a "mmo"?

Duskky
04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I die from Rockets, and infectors a lot I use a AR and Shotgun though.

niloc
04-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Honestly though he is right, shotguns, themselves, are not inherently overpowered. The extreme strength, and I am not going to use the word overpowered, comes when combined with cloak. If you are using shotgun+cloak and are skilled you are almost guaranteed 1 kill every cloak. There are some counters to shotgun+cloak our there, but mostly importantly you have to pick very heavy defensive perks, which pretty much everyone does in pvp.

Cloak is what needs to be reworked in my opinion, and it will make it so shotguns aren't the dominant force that they are. That and please, please bring freight yard back or something other maps!

shotgunEX
04-12-2013, 10:28 PM
I agree with niloc, cloak is the main issue. If they make cloak visible in PVP or something all these shotty people will have to be seen and no longer hide while approaching someone from behind with a shotty.

Eihder
04-13-2013, 12:59 AM
As i have stated before cloak itself is not the main issue but rather the perks. When the damage adds up to more than overcharge.. an actual activated ability there is going to be problems. In contrast the defensive perks are not on par so of course everyone will run the usual setup. Pvp is now nothing but cloak and shotgun 99% of the time.

CodyCo
04-13-2013, 01:09 AM
cloak has no damage boosting perks other then shadowed strike which sucks only applies to first shot and i see people using shotguns with blur and overcharge a lot to, if you want to avoid shotguns or cloak or at least make them a lot less effective play shadow wars where you can kite them all day

Eihder
04-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Played shadow wars, sorry to inform you still seeing the same old same old. I know people like to defend op stuff because its luls but to be honest after trying it myself at this point its just boring. Something needs to be done to make the other abilities and weapons more effective. Lets also be honest we know a nerf will come eventually it is just a matter of time. And yes i have used the same combo and yes its luls easy.

NinjaC00M
04-13-2013, 01:52 AM
I do miss the plasma pulser :p they did shotgun damage could shoot the range of a AR and did explosive splash damage :( So shotguns are nothing compared to what PvP was before launch :p Just goes to show they listen to us.... Well those who shout loudest :p

Shadow strike is a sniper/sharpshooter ability but thats why they are reducing sawn offs damage in patch because they can benefit from it. 2k damage +30% is your insta kill everyone is crying about. There is stuff in that patch notes that addresses quite a few issues people have. Remember its not every shotgun thats good for pvp and how the sheer fact the sawn off is such an impractical weapon without cloak, we you need to get it to level 10 for a pursuit :(

To summerise my ramblings, I think MOST shotguns are fine (saw a sawn off firing 3 grenades :eek: ) but they need to bring the other powers UP not nerf cloak. Too often they make the best thing in a game worse instead of making the rest of it better. Heres to making blur, decoy and overcharge more appealing :)

WarHoundZero
04-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Sigh my major issue is they need to buff the reload time since they're nerfing it's overall pvp effectiveness and not measuring the change for pve. I'm all for balance but imho I believe the major issue is the staccing of crits on weapons and no weapons overall damage.

B_Draco
04-13-2013, 02:51 AM
I agree with niloc, cloak is the main issue. If they make cloak visible in PVP or something all these shotty people will have to be seen and no longer hide while approaching someone from behind with a shotty.

Cloak is fine, just decrease fire rate, clip size and increase reload time for all shotguns. I haven't touched PvP, but I've seen plenty of vids where shotgun users will spam all 10-20 rounds of an auto-shotgun for one kill... Make it difficult for 'em to kill by decreasing fire rate, clip size and increase reload time for all shotgun types, except sawed off shotguns.

WarHoundZero
04-13-2013, 02:57 AM
Btw you my friend are correct decoy imho should give dam mitigation after the decoy is set out/destroyed while blur could be more geared to be a middle power like cloak but nerfing something never fixes an issue.

B_Draco
04-13-2013, 03:05 AM
Btw you my friend are correct decoy imho should give dam mitigation after the decoy is set out/destroyed while blur could be more geared to be a middle power like cloak but nerfing something never fixes an issue.

I think sawed off shotgun is fine, but if people want a nerf cut the clip size of the other shotgun types. Otherwise I agree on improving othe EGO powers.

Vidoka
04-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Well, I keep getting rounds with K/Ds like 7-0 or 8-2 using SMG/Detonator if there aren't any players using sawed off shotgun cloak combo, which to me speaks that it's the only combo that can stop me. I'm not sure why you guys find it so overpowered. I know damn well when/if they modify these items/ego powers it'll only make my build stronger. I don't even use Thick Skinned or Escape Artist in my build! I've got 4 Perks to help with Overcharge and the +225 Health Perk.

Jigglypuffs
04-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Shotguns should be nerfed...only the bloom though. Reduce it to where you actually have to aim like the rest of the weapons in this game. At this point its just aiming you screen at the enemy and you'll still have a hit.

I'm not mad at shotty's. I don't use one and get my top spot each time. Just want to see some different to go up against...mainly because running around the buildings looking for campers with shotty's is time consuming :P.

Jigglypuffs
04-13-2013, 10:43 AM

I've gotten to the point where I just assume someone with a shotty is sneaking up behind me. Just jump a lot and run in straight lines and eventually they get tired of sneaking/ their cloak wears off and shoot you from range, which is a huge mistake :P

Ngamok
04-13-2013, 10:50 AM

I think you mean the Akimbo G18s in MW2.

rush
04-13-2013, 03:39 PM
I think you mean the Akimbo G18s in MW2.

I think he means what it says. He has no clue wtf hes talking about!