PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Smartglass for chat

StickyChief
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Is Trion going to be utilizing Xbox Smatglass with in the game? I personally would like to use it for chat instead of getting an xbox chatpad. :confused:

Midnight Eye
03-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I doubt Trion will be using Smartglass. Most of the games I have play with Smart Glass are simple map navigation but it's still laggy. The chatpad is still the best thing to use but it takes some getting use to. The only other game I know of that will fully use Smartglass is Ascend : New Gods.

rathb18
03-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Can't you just hook up a Keyboard? I know they let you do that in the web browser so why couldn't you for the chat?

Halcyon
03-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Can't you just hook up a Keyboard? I know they let you do that in the web browser so why couldn't you for the chat?

Trion developers said the game was compatible with a keyboard so you can use the chat with it. I believe I also remember them saying somewhere that you could resize the chat window. Possibly, so you can be more involved in a chat. This would be convenient if you were chatting with a large group of people.

RoganTheGypo
03-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah in the IGN vid they said you can hook up a keyboard.

oh and for anyone worried about buying a keyboard or w/e (Mainly in UK) There is wireless keyboards selling in ASDA for like five quid. So no excuse! Big mac meals cost more!!

rathb18
03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah in the IGN vid they said you can hook up a keyboard.

oh and for anyone worried about buying a keyboard or w/e (Mainly in UK) There is wireless keyboards selling in ASDA for like five quid. So no excuse! Big mac meals cost more!!

Nice, I have never heard of that place since I like in usa but they do have some great prices. I think the cheapest keyboard at local stores where I live are about $10 but there wired. I might have to buy some stuff from ASDA if they ship to the us.

RoganTheGypo
03-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Nice, I have never heard of that place since I like in usa but they do have some great prices. I think the cheapest keyboard at local stores where I live are about $10 but there wired. I might have to buy some stuff from ASDA if they ship to the us.ASDA is owned by Wal-Mart... Essentially its the UKs version of Wal-Mart :)

IGears
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
chatpad is easier. you talk about playing on the couch but now you have to have a long cord just to type?

rathb18
03-03-2013, 12:31 PM
chatpad is easier. you talk about playing on the couch but now you have to have a long cord just to type?

You can get it wireless. Not all keyboards are corded.

IGears
03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=rathb18;43945]You can get it wireless. Not all keyboards are corded.[/QUOTE

yeah, plus with the price of both the chatpad and a wireless keyboard almost the same. but im not sure on how the chat work. will it open up a window just to type?

rathb18
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=rathb18;43945]You can get it wireless. Not all keyboards are corded.[/QUOTE

yeah, plus with the price of both the chatpad and a wireless keyboard almost the same. but im not sure on how the chat work. will it open up a window just to type?

IDK never really played on a console, I'm guessing ether you just start typing or maybe there's a button you hit. What do you normal have to do to chat on a console?

IGears
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
with anything on the xbox that requires typing open a window with the onscreen keyboard.

Edit: except for the marketplace, Bing, and other apps on the xbox

Paladin
03-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I think they'll just make a general app since it would be unfair for PSN players if they made a smartglass app

SweetMadness
03-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I think they'll just make a general app since it would be unfair for PSN players if they made a smartglass app

Platforms aren't created equal though, so "fairness" is hardly a good argument. That's like saying "oh well consoles can't have multi-monitor support, macros, or specialized keyboards so PC users shouldn't have it." Just my two cents, I agree they'll most likely do a general iPhone/Android app. Although being able to use SmartGlass for non-voice chat would be nice.

RoganTheGypo
03-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Chatpad is 25quid, wireless keyboard 5quid and no faffing with touchpad keyboard...

You decide?

Agent I3
03-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Is Trion going to be utilizing Xbox Smatglass with in the game? I personally would like to use it for chat instead of getting an xbox chatpad. :confused:

visit here..
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2693-Xbox-Smartclass

Wolfling
08-06-2014, 08:43 AM
BUMP

Just tested this with in-game chat, so much better than using the controller. I can't believe I was looking at getting a wireless and didn't think to try this app which I installed a year ago.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
08-06-2014, 08:47 AM
(Mainly in UK) There is wireless keyboards selling in ASDA for like five quid. So no excuse! Big mac meals cost more!!

What is a a quid in real American money