PDA

View Full Version : Add aim assist in PvP

Pages : [1] 2

Slay
04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
I AM NOT SUGGESTING LOCK ON/SNAP. I AM SUGGESTING TO DECREASE THE SENSITIVITY A BIT WHEN DIRECTLY LOOKING AT AN ENEMY.

THIS IS FOR CONSOLES! NOT THE PC!

Tired of people not reading the thread before posting... please do. You make yourself look idiotic if you don't honestly.

Now, before people bash on me, and make assumptions saying i'm 'bad at pvp lol' I want to say that there is obviously more important matters right now, but I feel this would be a nice addition. I also would like to say I play this game on the XBOX 360 (Wish I could double underline that). Obviously everyone on the PC will bash on me and I get that, I'm just stating exclusively for console gamers the sensitivity is different, joystick aiming is worse and sniping is near impossible, reasons below.

Aim assist is enabled in the game, I don't see why it isn't in PvP honestly. Sniping in PvP proves a lot more of a challenge in PvP than in any other game i've honestly played, reasons being more than the inaccurate physics of the bolt action snipers in this game (a current bug) but also that if you start shooting someone they roll around like crazy. I'm suggesting that Aim Assist be added, because at this very moment I see everyone is complaining about shotguns. You know the reason why? Because no one gets kills with assault rifles typically, more kills are made with shotguns. They aren't OP (Get ready to bash me on this too) but they simply do their job. It's close quarters expect to die to a close quarters weapon in a close quarters area. Don't get upset, it's natural. But I think in general on consoles it is too hard to aim at people sprinting and rolling with regular rifles.

Edit: In general, I do not mean a type of 'Snap'. I am referring to if you are directly next to someone, so if you did a circle he would encompass where you would look in that 360 degree spin. Let's say you do a spin, and when you are looking directly at him in that circle range your sensitivity decreases a bit to compensate. This way you will technically still have to aim at him, but it's harder to get off the enemy when you're attached. This can be avoided by rolling still, as you'll be off them but it would be nicer for snipers and long distance kills, and balance the shotgun problem we have currently. This is a clarification, i'm not up for adding a 'Snap feature' when you zoom in with your scope near him like there is in PvE
Example here:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/202/example1.gif

Let me just quickly jot reasons there needs to be aim assist

Putting aim assist in the game then taking it out of PvP gets players out of their comfort zone, it should either be in all cases or not at all.
Inaccuracy of snipers already ( a current bug with bolt action snipers)
There is no zoomed sensitivity settings
People roll around like crazy after getting shot with a sniper or any gun
Bunny hopping... Self explanatory.. Just like rolling it is hard to keep sights on them
Pretty good amount of recoil with assault rifles, lmgs which make long distance killing very hard with them, unless you use overcharge.
Players run faster and roll faster than the current zoomed sensitivity, making it hard to stick on them, and to combat this many spray hip fire which is ineffective.
Console gamers have a disadvantage already with aiming in comparison to PC
Why do you think infectors are so popular on consoles? Let's be serious here, they aren't THAT good.

I want to say that I do not blame trion for this, they are game makers and great game makers at that, but they do develop PC games typically, Defiance is I believe their first console MMO and console game. They didn't think of console aim assist with all the other overwhelming changes when it comes to PC and console. I just hope we all be mature, and if you feel like you want aim assist for consoles, then say so. This way it may be accepted.

Go ahead, bash me all you want. I'm waiting. I still reserve the right to speak my opinion.

ELO2g
04-09-2013, 06:27 PM
1.) I guess "slight magnetism" would help console players alot! :)
2.) Inaccuracy of snipers? I noticed that you have to aim your shots a bit different and I use bolt actions exclusively. (PC)
3.) Oh dear lord, yes please add zoom sens.

I basically agree on everything. Also shotties are fine - cloak is too. Flame on me all you want, guys.

rush
04-09-2013, 06:37 PM
No, if you wanna noobassist it up stick to PvE or put your big boy pants on and learn2play...

x iTz CrispZ x
04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Sorry I would have to dissagree due to this is one part that I like about this game due to it requires a type of skill to kill some one with a rifle/sniper also you get the satisfaction of killing the enemy after the kill across the map and stuff I also play on console and find it nice that there's no auto aim no matter how much it is also you know you got the kill not the aim assist so I have to dissagree

x iTz CrispZ x
04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
No, if you wanna noobassist it up stick to PvE or put your big boy pants on and learn2play...

ay yo there was no need for that comment just answer with no state ur reason then move on thanks

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Got better thought remove aim assist all together, its not needed

thejx4
04-09-2013, 07:10 PM
It's funny that we have aim assist where we don't need it (PvE), but we don't have it where we do need it (PvP). The worst thing about games with shields, is bunny hopping. Bunny hopping + detonators/infectors = holy **** I quit. The aiming in this game is already kinda stiff, so I think a little aim assist would help. Center of mass, not head snap though.

Otis Spunks
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
I agree to the OP's suggestions.

Slay
04-09-2013, 07:32 PM

Honestly this made me kinda laugh haha. Exactly what I was expecting. xD

__

Others; Thanks for mature comments. I agree especially with the fact bunny hopping and rolling are a problem too, because it's really difficult to keep your sights on them with an assault rifle, specially with all 'dat recoil and no aim assist.

Honved
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I AM NOT SUGGESTING LOCK ON. I AM SUGGESTING SLIGHT MAGNETISM TO ENEMIES.

Now, before people bash on me, and make assumptions saying i'm 'bad at pvp lol' I want to say that there is obviously more important matters right now, but I feel this would be a nice addition. I also would like to say I play this game on the XBOX 360 (Wish I could double underline that). Obviously everyone on the PC will bash on me and I get that, I'm just stating exclusively for console gamers the sensitivity is different, joystick aiming is worse and sniping is near impossible, reasons below.

Aim assist is enabled in the game, I don't see why it isn't in PvP honestly. Sniping in PvP proves a lot more of a challenge in PvP than in any other game i've honestly played, reasons being more than the inaccurate physics of the bolt action snipers in this game (a current bug) but also that if you start shooting someone they roll around like crazy. I'm suggesting that Aim Assist be added, because at this very moment I see everyone is complaining about shotguns. You know the reason why? Because no one gets kills with assault rifles typically, more kills are made with shotguns. They aren't OP (Get ready to bash me on this too) but they simply do their job. It's close quarters expect to die to a close quarters weapon in a close quarters area. Don't get upset, it's natural. But I think in general on consoles it is too hard to aim at people sprinting and rolling with regular rifles.

Putting aim assist in the game then taking it out of PvP gets players out of their comfort zone, it should either be in PvP and PvE or not at all.
Bunny hopping... Self explanatory.. Just like rolling it is hard to keep sights on them
Pretty good amount of recoil with assault rifles, lmgs which make long distance killing very hard with them, unless you use overcharge.
Players run faster and roll faster than the current zoomed sensitivity, making it hard to stick on them, and to combat this many spray hip fire which is ineffective.

Go ahead, bash me all you want. I'm waiting. I still reserve the right to speak my opinion.

I would also like scopes that are equipped to assault rifles and the such that don't zoom in but are more like a red dot. Also allow the assist to be toggled because I prefer to free aim.

Slay
04-10-2013, 03:40 AM
I would also like scopes that are equipped to assault rifles and the such that don't zoom in but are more like a red dot. Also allow the assist to be toggled because I prefer to free aim.

I assume if they changed the game mechanic to where it had aim assist, then it would have a toggle also.

Jammylambo
04-10-2013, 03:41 AM
personally i disagree with aim assist in general and dont believe it should be in pvp OR pve .

but hats of the the op , your reasoning is brilliant on the subject.

Rhorge
04-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Consoles NEED aim assists in shooters. Using the tiny little stick with 5mm movement on either side of it is no where near as precise as a mouse with 10 cm movement to either side. The fact that you can't enable it in pvp on consoles is just wrong. I'm a pc player btw.

Slay
04-10-2013, 03:50 AM
Consoles NEED aim assists in shooters. Using the tiny little stick with 5mm movement on either side of it is no where near as precise as a mouse with 10 cm movement to either side. The fact that you can't enable it in pvp on consoles is just wrong. I'm a pc player btw.

Honestly I feel like if anyone actually goes into a match, if you try and get kills only with an assault rifle (a short to medium range gun, covers a broad area) it should be getting you more kills than most weapons like short and only long range weapons, the fact this gun covers short and medium-long range it seems to be getting no kills on consoles, it's just way to hard to aim at people sprinting, rolling, bunny hopping, even walking...

SkribzAu
04-10-2013, 04:03 AM
I agree give us Aim assist or freakin make jumping use your sprint bar so 2-3 jumps and u exhausted and cant run / jump till recharge

Slay
04-10-2013, 04:56 AM
I agree give us Aim assist or freakin make jumping use your sprint bar so 2-3 jumps and u exhausted and cant run / jump till recharge

Something like that would be kinda lame though, I enjoy my unlimited rolling and sprinting and jumping, I think aim assist would make up, though.

Zatox
04-10-2013, 07:38 AM
if your using aim assist your a fool and a noob. learn to aim w/o it and your pvp/gameplay will improve.

BaiorOfRed
04-10-2013, 08:27 AM

I and everyone in my clan play console with aim assist off. What you are basically saying is that you need aim assist on console.

BLOODMODE
04-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Goldeneye 007 didn't have aim assist. You xbox newbs need to learn to playyyyy. Get a real gaming system.

Rhorge
04-10-2013, 09:53 AM
I and everyone in my clan play console with aim assist off. What you are basically saying is that you need aim assist on console.

What I am saying is that the option needs to be there. You can play with it off? Well fair play then, but you can't ignore the disadvantage the limited movement of the stick gives and people that can't aim without aim assist.

Psyqhical
04-10-2013, 09:58 AM
In my opinion, remove Aim Assist all together. PvP should be skillfull!

Wee_murray05
04-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Generally not a fan of aim assist, reminds me too much of aim-bots from my Wolfenstein: ET days, but it does seem to be an easy way to fix the sniper rifle bug, provided it is only the slight magnetism mentioned.

As for the issues with hitting players who constantly roll/jump as soon as they are shot at, I think a better solution would be to change the distance that they are able to roll/jump. It was one of the first things that struck me in the game, how high you could jump and how far you could roll, especially considering there is no limit on how often you can do either. If people are in favor of not implementing some sort of stamina bar for rolling or jumping then nerfing the distance would be the ideal solution, a player can still use them to avoid incoming fire, but a skilled player can still hit their target because they are not leaping out of their sights in a single bound.

PookLove
04-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Aim assist is already in PVP on xbox360, want proof? Next time you pvp, go and turn off aim assist through settings and see how well you do.(You'll do worst than usual) The Aim Assist is already strong enough.

Slay
04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Aim assist is already in PVP on xbox360, want proof? Next time you pvp, go and turn off aim assist through settings and see how well you do.(You'll do worst than usual) The Aim Assist is already strong enough.

Promise you there is no aim assist.

Proof; Put your crosshairs on something in PvE, or near it. If it is close enough when you zoom in, it will automatically snap to the npc. Do that in PvP and you aim right where you were looking.

Honved
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Proof; Put your crosshairs on something in PvE, or near it. If it is close enough when you zoom in, it will automatically snap to the npc. Do that in PvP and you aim right where you were looking.

True, while doing an arkfall I realized that this was on when I kept zomming in on skitterlings.

Slay
04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
True, while doing an arkfall I realized that this was on when I kept zomming in on skitterlings.

Ouch, hope you weren't killing skitterlings trying to weaken the crystal! But aside, yeah this is a primary example of aim assist.

EnabrimGFC
04-10-2013, 05:55 PM

__

Others; Thanks for mature comments. I agree especially with the fact bunny hopping and rolling are a problem too, because it's really difficult to keep your sights on them with an assault rifle, specially with all 'dat recoil and no aim assist.

Honestly we should all go play wizards 101 because its really good.

Moose Of Woe
04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Got better thought remove aim assist all together, its not needed

That.

10char

Memphis
04-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Generally not a fan of aim assist, reminds me too much of aim-bots from my Wolfenstein: ET days, but it does seem to be an easy way to fix the sniper rifle bug, provided it is only the slight magnetism mentioned.

As for the issues with hitting players who constantly roll/jump as soon as they are shot at, I think a better solution would be to change the distance that they are able to roll/jump. It was one of the first things that struck me in the game, how high you could jump and how far you could roll, especially considering there is no limit on how often you can do either. If people are in favor of not implementing some sort of stamina bar for rolling or jumping then nerfing the distance would be the ideal solution, a player can still use them to avoid incoming fire, but a skilled player can still hit their target because they are not leaping out of their sights in a single bound.

I'd go with this way before aim assist.

Slay
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks for feedback, appreciate it.

Vice
04-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Goldeneye 007 didn't have aim assist. You xbox newbs need to learn to playyyyy. Get a real gaming system.

....And the system your on is what exactly? I can only assume your a PC player. I'll tell you what, you move your mouse with ONLY your thumb and then push your trigger with your index finger...tell me how good you do. You have a whole lot more control with a mouse than a joystick. Quick flaming. pathetic.

Vice
04-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I'd go with this way before aim assist.

Thats also amazing, Honestly, the bunny hopping...its getting old. Its been old. I quit playing halo cause of that ******ed crap. Lol i'm probably going to get lit up about how its cause i have no skill, but yet, jumping around like a kangaroo on fire makes you so much better.

Boss Waters
04-11-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm not necessarily against adding aim assist for pvp but what if it's not going to work the way you're all thinking? Bullets travel slow. If you're locking on to your target instead of leading them you're not going to be hitting them...
Maybe add aim assist (with a toggle feature in settings), ADS sensitivity in settings and increase bullet speed? This way shotguns and cloak are left alone while improving medium-long range weapons so they seem more viable (since everyone seems to think they aren't, comparatively speaking).

rhodezie
04-11-2013, 08:22 AM

your just blatantly a prick and a selfish **** whos thinks about yourself and not the needs of other players grow the **** up

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm not necessarily against adding aim assist for pvp but what if it's not going to work the way you're all thinking? Bullets travel slow. If you're locking on to your target instead of leading them you're not going to be hitting them...
Maybe add aim assist (with a toggle feature in settings), ADS sensitivity in settings and increase bullet speed? This way shotguns and cloak are left alone while improving medium-long range weapons so they seem more viable (since everyone seems to think they aren't, comparatively speaking).

Not too sure about bullets travelling slow exactly but I see where you're coming from. The only games I've really seen bullet physics taken into account are the Battlefield games where you need to account for bullet drop at extreme ranges. I don't really see this being a necessity in Defiance though, especially considering the low draw distances people are experiencing on larger maps.

krissy
04-11-2013, 08:36 AM

__

Mod your assault rifle, I put a scope and a stock on all of mine, helps a lot. Aim assist in pvp? This is a joke right? Pvp is about skill, aim assist is like tracing instead of drawing.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Mod your assault rifle, I put a scope and a stock on all of mine, helps a lot. Aim assist in pvp? This is a joke right? Pvp is about skill, aim assist is like tracing instead of drawing.

It's not really a lack of skill that seems to be the issue here though. The problem lies in the poor ADS sensitivity and how easy it is for players to roll/jump out of your sights when you are ADS. It's a question of fixing one, if not both of these problems. Using ADS should make it easier for you to get kills, especially if you get the jump on someone. with how easy it is for someone to get out of the way as soon as the first shot hits its making it more difficult to get kills with rifle weapons than it should be.

krissy
04-11-2013, 08:58 AM
But kills are happening... If it was so bad no one could get a kill than maybe but if you want to get a kill you have to quit jumping and rolling. The element of surprise is a big thing here, and yes I have chased the jumpy rolly guy and spray and prayed with my AR and had him get away. However I do get kills, and get killed.. a lot.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I know the kills are happening it's just that people are exploiting a broken system. In a game that touts itself as a shooter first you should not have to work so hard to get a kill because there is a problem with some of the game mechanics. Granted with a game this size we should expect some problems but if we compare it to say Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, two huge shooter games with more than their fair share of bugs, the shooting mechanics aren't an issue.

OK the comparison may not be the best, what with the lack of pvp and the hand-holding nature of shooting caused by VATS in the Fallout games, but from a scale perspective I'd say it works. Both Defiance and Fallout are huge games which at the basic level are shooters. And while Bethesda are renowned for releasing bug-riddled games the shooting mechanics in Fallout couldn't really be faulted.

armedpoop
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Oh man, are you serious?
We NEED aim assist on consoles? NO. what we NEED is less stiff aiming.We can have aim assist all day in pve, not in PVP
PLAYER VS PLAYER not mindless snap aim easy kills. I hate aim assist, it makes you aim at enemies you didnt even want too. And even with it off the aim slows down when aimed at an ememy in pve AND pvp. Its so annoying. The aim sensitivity on console just feel soo stiff, free that up a bit and itll be fine.
As to you not being able to hit somebody when they roll or jump, really? Isnt that the point of rolling or jumping? To AVOID incoming fire? I do agree with the guy who said a stamina bar for jumps and rolls, but you shouldnt get to have aim assist in a pvp environment. That just eliminates all skill from the equation,bad enough we can shoulder swap. If you had aim assist in pvp there would be no point. It would just make pvp boring as hell. I dont mean to be a ****, but aim assist in pvp has to be one of the worst ideas I have seen in these forums. Play more and youll get used to not having it, or better yet, turn it off in pve.
If pvp "takes players out of their comfort zones" they need to stay away from pvp. Its not for them.

Rhorge
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Aim assist is essentially sticky aim that decreases the sensitivity of aiming when looking directly at an enemy. It will help a ton.

armedpoop
04-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Aim assist is essentially sticky aim that decreases the sensitivity of aiming when looking directly at an enemy. It will help a ton.

OR it will detour many from pvp all together.

Boss Waters
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
I know what it is. I've played 1 or 2 shooters.

It's PvP. Skill should be a players first concern when wondering why you aren't hitting someone. I offered alternatives to aim assist that are more skill-related.
Also, how would aim assist work with sniper rifles? Crosshair centers on head/center of mass? I've found rifles that are double tap so even if it aims center of mass the second shot is a headshot?
This is PvP. Skill should matter. My preference would be no aim assist.

Slaiyne
04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
No way. You would alienate a large portion of your current customers who play for the competition. Do not give crutches to the weaker players to close the gap in pvp. It is artificial and insults the skill of the elite few.

Thank you

Bradael
04-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I play on Xbox as well and I have no problem in taking peoples face off ...... That is not needed in the game its dumb in CoD and it will be not welcome by anyone with any type of skill on the sticks .... I know I can go toe to toe sticks v mouse .. Just stick to PvE

Tiktoc
04-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Let me just state the reasons of why this wont happen and why it shouldn't.

#1 PvP is Player vs Player adding aim assist in a player vs player environment is like giving everyone aimbot, If you have trouble aiming at an opponent then maybe you need to practice your skills a little more.

#2 If your having problems with the whole "Comfot Zone" Disable aim assist in the options and learn to play that way. And if your response is "I shouldn't have to" Then obviously your not very good at aiming.

#3 Any FPS and TPS games all have aim assists, Looking back to the good old days of counter-strike they had aim assist in there as well. But when it comes down to a COMPETITIVE match aim assists are off and you have to use your skills and rely on your skills and not the game.

#4 Shotguns and grenade launchers would **** your face even more then they are doing now with an aim assist, And sniping would never have a chance on a moving target because once you right clicked on a target your crosshair would move to that target and not stay on that target when its moving so aim assists for snipers wouldn't even be beneficial for use.

#5 PvP is not PVE so your comfort zone should never be on a PVE side when going into a PVP event, PVP is a totally different play style and a totally different environment, Its just something your going to have to get used to as a competitive player.

My suggestions:

#1 Find a gun thats suitable for you rank it up and turn off your aim assist in your options, Just because you like a gun doesn't mean its the best choice for a pvp setting with your play style.

#2 Find your position in the PvP maps, Create loadouts that best suit your play style and focus on getting better skill wise and not mad at the game, opponents or your team. If you miss a shot remember its you who missed not the game.

#3 Play a legit FPS battlefield 3(close quarters maps) counter-strike global offensive(Competitive mode) or play some Halo if your into that sort of thing, I personally got the vibe of a halo fast pace like fps when i first played PvP. Also what you can try is playing a legit FPS game before playing competitive in defiance, especially with a faster moving game before hand, It will increase your reaction times, aiming and play style/skills in defiance.

#4 Gl HF and get better.

JMadFour
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
No aim assist in PVP.

period.

signed, PVE Player who occasionally does PVP.

Slay
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I read it all, I simply don't respond to any individual unless they call me out specifically in a question.

Main concern is the fact you guys clearly don't know what aim assist is. It's not the 'snap feature' like in red dead redemption and PvE I mean to add. It's exactly what this other guy said actually, decrease the sensitivity when you're directly aiming at someone. Guys really? Honestly you're getting too worked up and I doubt any of you would leave the game over a stupid aim assist. I'll have you know alot of big shooters that have millions of players on them use this type of aim assist, and are games specifically played for PvP. Ask me for examples if you want, but that's besides the point.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM
@tiktoc The fact that you mentioned right clicking tells me you are playimg Defiance on the PC. The problem the OP is trying to address is the poor ADS sensitivity on the consoles. Its not something that can be fixed just by ramping up the anologue sensitivity because then it alters the sensitivity on hip aiming too much.
The aim assist that has been suggested is not even the 'snap to' aim assist that we see in most games, bit rather a slight magnetism to the target.

As for your suggestions, the claim that if you miss it is your fault and not the games is not entirely true when the sniper rifle bug is taken into accout, this is one of the things the OP mentions as trying to address with his suggestion.
Also suggesting that people go off and play Battlefield or Counter-strike to improve their shooter skills isn't really helpful either considering first off that the vast majority of console gamers, and this issue is a console one, will have played a shooter at some point and secondly citing Battlefield as one of the games to hone your skills on is not very helpful consider the incorporation of bullet physics in that game which wedon't have in defiance.

CodyCo
04-11-2013, 01:53 PM
aim assist is the dumbest idea i have ever heard of in PvP are u high or something what would be the point of competative multiplayer put some hours in and get used to it or stick to PvE honestly wow (xbox360)

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
aim assist is the dumbest idea i have ever heard of in PvP are u high or something what would be the point of competative multiplayer put some hours in and get used to it or stick to PvE honestly wow (xbox360)

Have you actually read any of the discussion in this thread or have you just read the title and posted a reply to it?
Honestly it looks like the latter. The 'aim-assist' that has been suggested is a way to fix problems that exist with the shooting mechanics as they stand, and quite a well reasond one as well.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Edit: sorry double post.

Kwatos
04-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Aim assist in a PC shooter, lol kids these days, "I just want an in game aimbot okay, my parents couldn't give me peanut butter in school because I could kill my classmate if I touched him"

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Aim assist in a PC shooter, lol kids these days, "I just want an in game aimbot okay, my parents couldn't give me peanut butter in school because I could kill my classmate if I touched him"

Once again this is a thread about the CONSOLE version, which you would know if you bothered to read further than the title.

For once it would be nice to see a PC gamer acknowledging the fact that this is a multi-platform game. So far all I've seen from the PC crowd is assumptions that every post is regarding the PC version of the game.

And I am well aware that there are platform specific forum sections but just because this was posted in the standard section does not excuse people from being to lazy to read the first three or four paragraphs of the thread.

If people have such a problem with reading I'm sure I can find some crayons for you to play with.

Kwatos
04-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I forgot people still play games on those archaic platforms. It leads to awkward situations where I look like an donkeybutt.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I may have went a bit far there. I competely agree with [edit] what you said about [edit] aim assist in PC shooters though there is really no need.

In any case this isn't really the place to get in to the pros and cons of console or PC gaming.

I'm pretty sure thats what the comment section at IGN is for.

CodyCo
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
i read the thread creators page why do i need to read your opinions to? aim assist is dumb in pvp plain and simple you should go play my little pony if you can't realise that and once again im on xbox360

Kwatos
04-11-2013, 03:23 PM
You too are right, I thought this was PC only PvP forum. I don't have much time in between games to see all of things that should be seen, I just add my 2 cents when something irks me.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Wasn't talking to you when I mentioned PC players. Unlike yourself I have no qualms about reading. Anyway the point I was makimg is that one of the reasons it was suggested was to help fix problems with the games shooting mechanics.

If you are happy playing a broken game then thats fine. Each to their own. I on the other hand am not and this seems a relatiely easy way to fix the problem.

Also I had no idea there was a My Little Pony game, is it any good?

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
You too are right, I thought this was PC only PvP forum. I don't have much time in between games to see all of things that should be seen, I just add my 2 cents when something irks me.

Understandable, I doubt most console players bother with game forums which is a shame.

CodyCo
04-11-2013, 03:37 PM
shooting doesnt seem broken to me the only thing that seems broken is your logic and ability to want everything easy ****

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
shooting doesnt seem broken to me the only thing that seems broken is your logic and ability to want everything easy ****

If I wanted everything easy I would be screaming for shotguns to be nerfed instead of offering reasoned soloutions to a problem that people are having with the game.
We can assume that the fact that peope have bothered to come on the the forums to make suggestions in the first place is down to the fact that they have practiced and played enough to see that the problem lies in the game itself.
I have had no problem hitting a target when firing from the hip with smgs or shotguns. Assault rifles though are innacurate when fired this way, which they are supposed to be. The problem is that the ADS sensitivity is poor in the game and the anologue sticks on a console controller do not let the player compensate for this. A player usimg a mouse on the PC has now such problems and it is well documented how much easier it is to aim in shooters using a mouse than it is with a control pad.
Because of this a suggestion has been made to include, not a full blow 'snap to target' aim assist that feature in some other games, but a SLIGHT aim assist which gravitates the crosshairs to a target in order to compensate for the poor ADS in the game.

There you go a full synopsis of why an aim assist has been suggsested.
If you have a problem with the logic in this them i'm afraid you might not understand what it means, which is understandable considering your aversion to the written word.

Chris iz stoned
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
I personally use an AR and SR and have absolute 0 trouble getting kills the trick is to play the gun you are playing the way it is meant to be. find a spot where you can pick a fight on your terms and you will win the fire fights unless you get the cloak/shottie noobtards who have no skillz sneak up n take you down

EDIT: fix thehit box the ammount of times i should score even a body hit and don;t is rediculous with sniper rifles

tangmcgame
04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I played a lot of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer on the Xbox. Aim assist started off as something really helpful, but once I went from noob to competent to good at the game, it became a feature I wished I could turn off. I'd honestly prefer no aim assist at all, but it absolutely has no place in multiplayer. Lastly, some of the reasons you listed for why aim assist would be helpful should be addressed, but not by adding aim assist to PvP.

Wee_murray05
04-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I played a lot of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer on the Xbox. Aim assist started off as something really helpful, but once I went from noob to competent to good at the game, it became a feature I wished I could turn off. I'd honestly prefer no aim assist at all, but it absolutely has no place in multiplayer. Lastly, some of the reasons you listed for why aim assist would be helpful should be addressed, but not by adding aim assist to PvP.

I'm not the biggest fan of aim assist myself. It just seems an easy way to fix the problems for the time being. A stop gap while a better more oermanent soloution is worked on. I'd rather see the issue being dealt with that nothing. At the end of the day the option to turn it off could always be included. As you have said more seasoned players may mot feel the need, but it could help newer players get to the point where they can play without it.

tangmcgame
04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
It would definitely help out new players, but it's a crutch. And in PvP, it's not fair. Rather, it supersedes most of the skill elements of PvP combat. I think players would be better served by taking their licks and learning to play without aim assist in PvP and that adding aim assist to PvP would make things less fair, not more.

Slay
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
You know, I read all the feedback on my posts guys, lol. I've chosen to ignore all the comments which essentially have no opinions, points to make in them.

I think the bolded first sentences would have conveyed for you to actually read them before posting, but I guess not. Some people are really just that irking. Read the title, post is what i've seen so far. I think I will actually take a recording of me playing Halo 3, and make it into a GIF because they nailed the magnetism, millions of people play halo and their magnetism isn't game breaking, and it's specifically for console gaming. Halo 2 and Halo 1 on the PC don't have this, that's good. I am going to go do that now actually.

Slay
04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Alright, thread updates. I recorded an example of Magnetism and added it to the thread to correspond with an explanation.

IllIll
04-11-2013, 11:42 PM
I play Xbox.
And I don't need aim assist.
Just learn how to aim properly.

PurePlayinSerb
04-12-2013, 04:16 AM
oh no not the quick scopers aka auto aim abusers

Wee_murray05
04-12-2013, 05:56 AM

Quick scoping only really happens when the aim assist is 'snap to target' and if it is done like that then yes it will create a whole other problem.

Slay
04-12-2013, 01:06 PM

I mentioned specifically, even went to my xbox and recorded Halo 3 gameplay and made a GIF, wrote a paragraph in the initial thread with the GIF to make it 100% crystal clear what my intentions were and commented previously before that I am NOT suggesting snap.

Letho
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Don't you think that they need to increase the bolts traveling speed ?
Just think of it if they removed aim assist .. damn those f***ing infectors ..one clip and you are done, then you sees him running away healing himself waiting for you to die Q.Q

PookLove
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM

LOL So you want the snap to aim assist that's in PVE? Uh, no? There is aim assist in PVP or you wouldn't be able to hit any one with a controller. Now is the aim assist as strong as it is in PVP as in PVE? No, but that's why its a SKILLED based shooter.

But to answer your question, the amount of aim assist in PVP is fine. In fact, I wouldn't mind being toned down just a bit in CQC.(Aim assist strength depends on the distance of the target. Closer the target the stronger it is. Much like Call of Duty's aim assist.)

PookLove
04-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I read it all, I simply don't respond to any individual unless they call me out specifically in a question.

Main concern is the fact you guys clearly don't know what aim assist is. It's not the 'snap feature' like in red dead redemption and PvE I mean to add. It's exactly what this other guy said actually, decrease the sensitivity when you're directly aiming at someone. Guys really? Honestly you're getting too worked up and I doubt any of you would leave the game over a stupid aim assist. I'll have you know alot of big shooters that have millions of players on them use this type of aim assist, and are games specifically played for PvP. Ask me for examples if you want, but that's besides the point.

Again, it already does this, or you wouldn't be able to hit anyone in PVP on console. Everyone would be have a tough time, and that certainly isn't the case. But by all means, you're right there isn't ANY aim assist at all. LOL

Slay
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Again, it already does this, or you wouldn't be able to hit anyone in PVP on console. Everyone would be have a tough time, and that certainly isn't the case. But by all means, you're right there isn't ANY aim assist at all. LOL

LOL So you want the snap to aim assist that's in PVE? Uh, no? There is aim assist in PVP or you wouldn't be able to hit any one with a controller. Now is the aim assist as strong as it is in PVP as in PVE? No, but that's why its a SKILLED based shooter.

But to answer your question, the amount of aim assist in PVP is fine. In fact, I wouldn't mind being toned down just a bit in CQC.(Aim assist strength depends on the distance of the target. Closer the target the stronger it is. Much like Call of Duty's aim assist.)

Do I really need to respond to that? Both of those infact? Read the thread before posting. And while you're at it, invent a sarcastic text so I can reply to all your posts with a sarcastically idiotic reply, that way we're on the same page. LOL

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-13-2013, 04:56 AM
I Agree that cursor Magnetism is needed. anyone who says they are sniping moving targets in pvp is a flat out liar. maybe once or twice. but not consistantly as its impossible on consoles due to the fact that we have controllers and not mice. all people use are shotguns, infectors, rockets, detonators, and bmgs. ALL WEAPONS THAT REQUIRE NO AIM.

tangmcgame
04-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Uh, I use an AR in PvP more often than my shotty. Anyway, while I appreciate and understand what the OP is asking for, I can not agree. I do not think Defiance needs any sort of sticky targeting or aim assist. I do think sniper rifles need some sensitivity control and they need to open up the bigger, more open PvP maps.

Rhorge
04-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Uh, I use an AR in PvP more often than my shotty. Anyway, while I appreciate and understand what the OP is asking for, I can not agree. I do not think Defiance needs any sort of sticky targeting or aim assist. I do think sniper rifles need some sensitivity control and they need to open up the bigger, more open PvP maps.

All the OP wants is a system that deceases sensitivity when aiming directly at an enemy, not some jumpy CoD lock-on.

tangmcgame
04-13-2013, 06:57 AM
I know. I understand that. I do not like the idea and hope that nothing like it is implemented.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-13-2013, 07:57 AM
when i snipe i use the minimum look sensitivity. and its still out of control. without magnetism the fact is. the pvp will not survive on consoles. everyone will leave. just like every other game with no magnetism. name one game on consoles with no FORM of aim assist that people still play. and im not talking about a couple thousand worldwide.

Slay
04-13-2013, 10:06 AM
when i snipe i use the minimum look sensitivity. and its still out of control. without magnetism the fact is. the pvp will not survive on consoles. everyone will leave. just like every other game with no magnetism. name one game on consoles with no FORM of aim assist that people still play. and im not talking about a couple thousand worldwide.
I agree.

@everyone else:
I'm being serious, I don't think you've played PvP for more than a couple minutes on a console to disagree with this, eventually you will dislike PvP alltogether because it's too hard to aim on consoles. I'm being serious, there is not 1 single game on Xbox that doesn't have aim assist and more than 5,000 people play it for it's multiplayer. Seriously, name one, and if it is a game that doesn't have aim assist make sure it isn't a 1 bullet kill either, because it might make sense if it was a 1 bullet kill but this game most certainly isn't. Aim assist is on all major titles on consoles, being 100% serious, the PvP will get very boring very fast without some type of assisted aim, and once again i'm suggesting there not be SNAP added. I don't want snap. Said it 100 times. Stop saying or implying I said snap, I said decrease the sensitivity when you're already looking at him. I have a really deep down feeling if aim assist was implemented at game launch none of you would be complaining about it who are saying you would quit because there is aim assist, that's stupid and ridiculous. I bet you play one of these too, Halo, CoD, Mass Effect, Red dead redemption, any FPS with aim assist and have just never noticed it. /Rant

Rhorge
04-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Perfect example of the aim assist that is good is the one found in Gears of War. It is barely noticeable, yet helps a lot without disposing of skill. Everyone that played GoW knows that using a sniper is not for everyone and that noobs suck with it. I haven't ever heard anyone saying that aim assist takes skill out of GoW.

Slay
04-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Perfect example of the aim assist that is good is the one found in Gears of War. It is barely noticeable, yet helps a lot without disposing of skill. Everyone that played GoW knows that using a sniper is not for everyone and that noobs suck with it. I haven't ever heard anyone saying that aim assist takes skill out of GoW.

Exactly, lol. People need to realize this, and when they think of aim assist they think of Red Dead Redemption and that is NOT what I want. No snap! The magnetism i'm suggesting takes no skill out of the game, it just helps you out. You're still having to aim at them all by yourself, it just is harder to get off the player.

tangmcgame
04-13-2013, 04:31 PM
The magnetism i'm suggesting takes no skill out of the game, it just helps you out.

This is inherently contradictory to my mind.

Rhorge
04-13-2013, 04:38 PM
This is inherently contradictory to my mind.

Errr, no. By "helps you out" Slay meant "compensates for the low precision of controller sticks".

tangmcgame
04-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Errr, no. By "helps you out" Slay meant "compensates for the low precision of controller sticks".

I prefer your rephrasing. Still don't think this is necessary for Defiance, but at least I don't automatically reject the premise any more.

Cidari
04-13-2013, 08:09 PM
No Aim assist in PVP thats lame. If u dont have good hand eye coordination then u should not be playing a game.

Slay
04-13-2013, 08:14 PM
No Aim assist in PVP thats lame. If u dont have good hand eye coordination then u should not be playing a game.

There's aim assist in almost every game you play.... :\
Not that i'm trying to specifically prove a point, but I actually play games alot and my KD in most games is atleast a 2, I don't consider myself with bad hand-eye.
Who would play PvP then if there wasn't aim assist is a better question?
I play Halo(all of them), rare play CoD, I play Section 8: Prejudice (Which has lock on actually), I play Red dead redemption. Infact I don't play a single game without some type of assistant in manual joystick aimed games. Defiance is the only one, and I'm complaining about it, with reason. You should atleast be open to it befor you shunn something you already probably utilize in other games, but I understand if you're a PC player.

@Rhorge; Thanks for the rephrasing, that is what I meant but for lack of better words(Your words) I said that. Apologies to tangmcgame.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-14-2013, 03:07 AM
Yo anyone talking about how aim assist is for scrubs and you have good hand eye. go play Black ops 2 then go into options and turn aim assist off. bet you dont come close to a positive k/d. Fact is. and i say FACT. controlers contrary to their name CONTROLLER do not have a high degree of precision control. so aim assist is implemented in some way or another into every game. EXCEPT this ones multiplayer. The truth is TRION is mostly responsible for pc games. which dont need aim assist. so there is your issue right there. pc dont get aim assist for multiplayer shooters.

Slay
04-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Yo anyone talking about how aim assist is for scrubs and you have good hand eye. go play Black ops 2 then go into options and turn aim assist off. bet you dont come close to a positive k/d. Fact is. and i say FACT. controlers contrary to their name CONTROLLER do not have a high degree of precision control. so aim assist is implemented in some way or another into every game. EXCEPT this ones multiplayer. The truth is TRION is mostly responsible for pc games. which dont need aim assist. so there is your issue right there. pc dont get aim assist for multiplayer shooters.

I don't honestly blame Trion for this, because this is the first game Trion has made (to my knowledge) that is for consoles, they usually specialize in PC games, which obviously don't need any type of aim assist, as the mouse is a very precise controller, a joystick is somewhere along the polar opposite. I blame the community for not having an accurate understanding of the inability to properly control precisely with a joystick, and for that reason everyone is saying no for matters of ignorance, once they understand this suggestion should get approved, infact I bet no one will even notice a difference accept the ones who want it in the first place, because they have no idea what aim assist is.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-14-2013, 03:50 AM
I don't honestly blame Trion for this, because this is the first game Trion has made (to my knowledge) that is for consoles, they usually specialize in PC games, which obviously don't need any type of aim assist, as the mouse is a very precise controller, a joystick is somewhere along the polar opposite. I blame the community for not having an accurate understanding of the inability to properly control precisely with a joystick, and for that reason everyone is saying no for matters of ignorance, once they understand this suggestion should get approved, infact I bet no one will even notice a difference accept the ones who want it in the first place, because they have no idea what aim assist is.

No you misunderstand thats exactly what i meant. That Trion has never really worked with consoles.

RtCW DeMilLeR
04-14-2013, 05:00 AM
Playing pc with Pad.
Hm.. I need that too but. Mouse users gonna insane. lol

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 05:35 AM
I actually think the first Halo, not the remake, didn't have aim assist as I remember noticing it for the first time in Halo 2 when I could suddenly head shot snipe people out of the air with ease and then testing it out by running a character across the cross hairs of another player with out touching the controller and seeing the cross hairs catch and drag with the character for a bit. I hadn't even heard of aim assist then. I was upset then because I took pride in being the best sniper in my little lan party group I had going back in HS so the sudden advent of making everyone good snipers was a shot to my ego I admit. Halo may still of had something so if that could be copied that would be great. Also it may just be a calibration issue. TPS are much more difficult I think to get the sensitivity right than FPS. I notice this in Defiance as your aiming feels relatively right in 3rd person but as soon as you scope or just aim down your sights the sensitivity goes all wonky. So maybe they should start there and see if they can't make some tweaks such as separate sensitivity sliders for them. Also I think bullet speed is an issue as there are no TDM maps up currently big enough that you should be able to notice a bullets flight time. This makes sniping and even just shooting an AR at a distance feel like you should be able to do trig and calc on the fly in order to lead them properly cause there are so many movement speeds in the game as well as movement in a TPS is much more sporadic cause the camera gives a maneuvering advantage.

shotgunEX
04-14-2013, 12:14 PM
This isn't needed. I play on consoles and I'm not having a hard time, I repeat: NOT HAVING A HARD TIME.
My accuracy is fine, from snipers to shotguns. This game doesn't need aim assist. This isn't CoD this isn't Halo. Practice or go home.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-14-2013, 12:34 PM
This isn't needed. I play on consoles and I'm not having a hard time, I repeat: NOT HAVING A HARD TIME.
My accuracy is fine, from snipers to shotguns. This game doesn't need aim assist. This isn't CoD this isn't Halo. Practice or go home.

Not trying to be a troll but of course you dont need aim assist your name is shotgunEX. But for us that wanna use ARs and snipes. its impossible to kill moving targets. Also If your attitude is go home as you say, then you will have noone to play with. cause there are many players who arent on the forum about to quit because of this. then you will have nothing to do. is that what you want. Aim assist is a plus. and will keep people on this game. which is what i want.

Slay
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I agree soul, I play exclusively with snipers, it's been a gameplay method for me. I am by no means a bad player, once the defiance player hub works I can show you, never gone negative a game yet, usually atleast a 2.0 KD in most games when I play. Most time is with ARs so far but i've been working on my sniping since it's dreadfully hard and i'm trying to get better at sniping without aim assist, though it's very near impossible. I challenge you all to honestly try to get headshots on a moving/rolling/jumping target or pick up a sniper. It's REALLY hard without aim assist, and I mean it really is.

There's going to be that guy who doesn't read the thread and takes this post into context assuming i'm talking about PC players, so just so you know I'm talking about the Xbox/PS3.

shotgunEX
04-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Not trying to be a troll but of course you dont need aim assist your name is shotgunEX. But for us that wanna use ARs and snipes. its impossible to kill moving targets. Also If your attitude is go home as you say, then you will have noone to play with. cause there are many players who arent on the forum about to quit because of this. then you will have nothing to do. is that what you want. Aim assist is a plus. and will keep people on this game. which is what i want.

I've used snipers and smgs and ARs, I admit snipers are an adjstment coming from other shooters to this game. But, if you need a crutch it takes competition away. No to aim assist. Practice if you want to snipe on here because there is no crutch.

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 10:42 PM
I've used snipers and smgs and ARs, I admit snipers are an adjstment coming from other shooters to this game. But, if you need a crutch it takes competition away. No to aim assist. Practice if you want to snipe on here because there is no crutch.

Shotguns are a crutch and I bet you never enter pvp without one.

Jojo1911
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Yeah this game to my surprise does not have aim assist in PVP on Xbox360.. Which is needed in a console game due to the lack of precision because of the controller. This needs to be added, at least to the console version. Every major FPS has aim assist(Halo1/2/3, Gears, COD) and for good reason.

Rhorge
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM

It's not a crutch, it doesn't aim for you, it's an assist. Decreasing sensitivity when you aim at someone is not aimbotting.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 04:59 AM
So do the math everyone. Major games all have aim assist on consoles. people still play them all to this day. noone who plays CoD will ever be lonely. Why Cause its a major title. Defiance Has a chance to become one of the major franchise titles that everyone plays. they just need to make the steps to make sure people dont leave the game. which means catering to people who will just go back to CoD, Halo, Gears, if the game doesnt change. something else to consider. everyone wants multiplayer. If anyone asks about this game right now I tell them the coop is awesome, but dont come if you like competative multiplayer. that shuts out alot of people FOREVER.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 05:02 AM

Call of Duty is the most competitive multiplayer title in existance. and CoD has the strongest aim assist out of any game ive ever played besides Red Dead.
And before you say CoD isnt competitive, STOP! Think about it. think about what you say. and be real with yourself.

Honved
04-15-2013, 07:37 AM
So do the math everyone. Major games all have aim assist on consoles. people still play them all to this day. noone who plays CoD will ever be lonely. Why Cause its a major title. Defiance Has a chance to become one of the major franchise titles that everyone plays. they just need to make the steps to make sure people dont leave the game. which means catering to people who will just go back to CoD, Halo, Gears, if the game doesnt change. something else to consider. everyone wants multiplayer. If anyone asks about this game right now I tell them the coop is awesome, but dont come if you like competative multiplayer. that shuts out alot of people FOREVER.

To be fair cod needs the aim assist with their terrible hit detection system.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
To be fair cod needs the aim assist with their terrible hit detection system.
I disagree. and the reason why is i used to think like that as well and then my Call of Duty mentor taught me how every time you die its your fault. and the bridge that separates pro players from casual is that pro players know this. No dis at all man, but if you ever think somethings bull in cod just go to theatre and you can see the mistake you made. something that confuses people is that when you get a hit marker it last for at least a second per bullet so two bullets would make the hit marker stay for two seconds and so on. my point is people trust hit markers too much and if you go into theatre you can see that you missed the shot due to recoil control. And cod will continue to be bull to anyone who has not made it muscle memory.
(my numbers were not exact) but you get the point

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 08:25 AM
well at anyrate the only thing that will balance the game is aim assist. shotgun will not be the end all if they cant bob and weave through automatic weapons.

Honved
04-15-2013, 08:43 AM
I disagree. and the reason why is i used to think like that as well and then my Call of Duty mentor taught me how every time you die its your fault. and the bridge that separates pro players from casual is that pro players know this. No dis at all man, but if you ever think somethings bull in cod just go to theatre and you can see the mistake you made. something that confuses people is that when you get a hit marker it last for at least a second per bullet so two bullets would make the hit marker stay for two seconds and so on. my point is people trust hit markers too much and if you go into theatre you can see that you missed the shot due to recoil control. And cod will continue to be bull to anyone who has not made it muscle memory.
(my numbers were not exact) but you get the point

None taken I used to be paid by john deer on clan battles. 20 bucks a game during modern war fare and world at war. However the newer cod hit detection and spawn program are truly awful. I still have a good kd. (8.18 last time I checked. On x-box.) But I prefer medal oh honor warfighter. Cod hasn't improved their hit detection for awhile and after playing a few of their other games it seems that if the other players have a worse or better connection they are harder to hit due to their ping time. Just highly annoying, but they are praised by fan boys so it one of those eh moments.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 09:02 AM
None taken I used to be paid by john deer on clan battles. 20 bucks a game during modern war fare and world at war. However the newer cod hit detection and spawn program are truly awful. I still have a good kd. (8.18 last time I checked. On x-box.) But I prefer medal oh honor warfighter. Cod hasn't improved their hit detection for awhile and after playing a few of their other games it seems that if the other players have a worse or better connection they are harder to hit due to their ping time. Just highly annoying, but they are praised by fan boys so it one of those eh moments.

2.23 K/D 7.00 W/L im about the wins.
and spawns are bad. i can agree there.
but not on hit detection. might be lack of internet speed. i have 50/25. so i have no problem.

(lol you said that)

Honved
04-15-2013, 09:19 AM
2.23 K/D 7.00 W/L im about the wins.
and spawns are bad. i can agree there.
but not on hit detection. might be lack of internet speed. i have 50/25. so i have no problem.

(lol you said that)

There's been a few times where I center my sniper on their chest, fire, and nothing. Might be an isolated problem.

BaiorOfRed
04-15-2013, 09:38 AM
I have played CoD with aim assist on and off. Turned it off for the activision games and on for the treyarch ones. The major difference, for me, is the learning curve. Takes much more time to get used to and master not having aim assist. Personally, I have no problem with the set up right now and get half of my PVP kills at range with a heavy carbine.

If they added aim assist to PVP they would HAVE to tone it down a lot. The aim assist in this game is very aggressive and can become a crutch in PVE if you master the mechanics (much like it did in Red Dead). I said it earlier, but I will say it again. Turn off aim assist in PVE and get used to it and it won't be so much of a shock in PVP.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
There's been a few times where I center my sniper on their chest, fire, and nothing. Might be an isolated problem.

gotcha you cant move at all when sniping or your bullet wont go on target. you have to stand still. no strafing. especially long range, but it still applys close as well.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-15-2013, 09:49 AM
I have played CoD with aim assist on and off. Turned it off for the activision games and on for the treyarch ones. The major difference, for me, is the learning curve. Takes much more time to get used to and master not having aim assist. Personally, I have no problem with the set up right now and get half of my PVP kills at range with a heavy carbine.

If they added aim assist to PVP they would HAVE to tone it down a lot. The aim assist in this game is very aggressive and can become a crutch in PVE if you master the mechanics (much like it did in Red Dead). I said it earlier, but I will say it again. Turn off aim assist in PVE and get used to it and it won't be so much of a shock in PVP.

I agree completely. but none at all is lunacy.

Slay
04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks I just read the feedback. Continued debate/bump. :-)

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 05:35 AM
I don't really care one way or the other, if it was added.. I would disable it.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't really care one way or the other, if it was added.. I would disable it.

I think thats the most reasonable comment from someone who doesnt want aim assist in the game. lol. i like this guy.love the goat too. haha

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-17-2013, 08:24 AM
There should.NEVER EVER be aim assist in any PvP side of any game period. And im one of the ones who has a hard time with pvp but I still know that. Pvp is skill vs skill. Your not supposed to have training wheels in it. Hell I keep aim assist off in ALL games, even in sigle player because I believe its just a feature for newbies. No disrespect to you OP. I know some ppl have trouble without it, but it has NO place in pvp.

edit: all my opinion of course.

When I say newbies I mean newcomers to shooters. Not using it in any negative way

BaiorOfRed
04-17-2013, 08:57 AM
There should.NEVER EVER be aim assist in any PvP side of any game period. And im one of the ones who has a hard time with pvp but I still know that. Pvp is skill vs skill. Your not supposed to have training wheels in it. Hell I keep aim assist off in ALL games, even in sigle player because I believe its just a feature for newbies. No disrespect to you OP. I know some ppl have trouble without it, but it has NO place in pvp.

When I say newbies I mean newcomers to shooters. Not using it in any negative way

+1

Not sure why it matters if the other guy isn't using aim assist either. You're on even footing.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 09:02 AM
if you so pro why does it matter? no disrespect.

greatdividers
04-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Call of Duty is the most competitive multiplayer title in existance. and CoD has the strongest aim assist out of any game ive ever played besides Red Dead.
And before you say CoD isnt competitive, STOP! Think about it. think about what you say. and be real with yourself.

these posts are so ridiculous. COD isn't popular because it has aim assist, holy ****. it's popular because of the franchise. if the next COD game comes out with no aim assist, it will STILL be incredibly popular. people will just adapt.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Me so pro? Nope. I said im one of the ones who has trouble with pvp yet I know aim assist imopinion mind you, just my opinion that it doesnt belong in pvp as its supposed to be skill vs skill. not sayin the op is totally wrong, and I do respect his opinion. Just throwin the skill factor of pvp out there since thats essentially what pvp is all about. Try what I do ....practice in pve without aim assist then get better and better then play pvp, im tellin ya its far more rewarding not having the training wheels on. But yes, to each thier own.

BaiorOfRed
04-17-2013, 09:20 AM

All too often game mechanics become greater than skill and tactics. When you introduce a mechanic like aim assist in PVP I promise you people will use it in ways it wasn't intended to get an edge and you will have a whole other element the devs have to try and balance. For example, if I turn aim assist on in PVE I can use it to constantly get headshots by spamming the aim button and continuously realigning my reticle with a moving target. Then, of course, you will have to decide if it is able to be used with sniper rifles or which guns it is more powerful of a tool to use for and try to find a way to balance that with the guns it is less powerful for.

Or, you could just keep it the way it is and let skill decide. We have enough trouble balancing guns/perks/ego powers as is.

Upinya Slayin
04-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I AM NOT SUGGESTING LOCK ON/SNAP. I AM SUGGESTING TO DECREASE THE SENSITIVITY A BIT WHEN DIRECTLY LOOKING AT AN ENEMY.

Tired of people not reading the thread before posting... please do. You make yourself look idiotic if you don't honestly.

Edit: In general, I do not mean a type of 'Snap'. I am referring to if you are directly next to someone, so if you did a circle he would encompass where you would look in that 360 degree spin. Let's say you do a spin, and when you are looking directly at him in that circle range your sensitivity decreases a bit to compensate. This way you will technically still have to aim at him, but it's harder to get off the enemy when you're attached. This can be avoided by rolling still, as you'll be off them but it would be nicer for snipers and long distance kills, and balance the shotgun problem we have currently. This is a clarification, i'm not up for adding a 'Snap feature' when you zoom in with your scope near him like there is in PvE
Example here:

Putting aim assist in the game then taking it out of PvP gets players out of their comfort zone, it should either be in all cases or not at all.
Why do you think infectors are so popular on consoles? Let's be serious here, they aren't THAT good.

I want to say that I do not blame trion for this, they are game makers and great game makers at that, but they do develop PC games typically, Defiance is I believe their first console MMO and console game. They didn't think of console aim assist with all the other overwhelming changes when it comes to PC and console. I just hope we all be mature, and if you feel like you want aim assist for consoles, then say so. This way it may be accepted.

I play on the 360 and i have to just say no to all of this. The reason i say this is simple PvP is a game mode where you should win based on your skill. and a big part of skill is being able to actually aim. They shound't make it easier to aim. also rememvber this game has greandes, rocket launchers, and so many easy way for cheap kills w/o needing to aim. If you have iuuses aiming you sholnd't choose to use a gun that requires the most aim (sniper rifle)

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Me so pro? Nope. I said im one of the ones who has trouble with pvp yet I know aim assist imopinion mind you, just my opinion that it doesnt belong in pvp as its supposed to be skill vs skill. not sayin the op is totally wrong, and I do respect his opinion. Just throwin the skill factor of pvp out there since thats essentially what pvp is all about. Try what I do ....practice in pve without aim assist then get better and better then play pvp, im tellin ya its far more rewarding not having the training wheels on. But yes, to each thier own.

my bad lol. i took a quick glance and spoke to soon.
i do think the option is fair though to have a choice.

judge dread42
04-17-2013, 09:46 AM
I play on Xbox as well and I have no problem in taking peoples face off ...... That is not needed in the game its dumb in CoD and it will be not welcome by anyone with any type of skill on the sticks .... I know I can go toe to toe sticks v mouse .. Just stick to PvE

Right. the only thing they need to change is add a sensativity slider so that people with faster reactions can set it to there speed. ( keep turning timer the same but make it to where we can aim ore precisly and please fix the bug with sniper rifles im tired of having my crosshairs on somones chest and not even getting a hit bc i dindt let the scope stay for more than2 seconds. )

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok then im just going to abuse shotguns and explosives till it changes. im done with ARs. And im going to move in a way that its impossible to kill me without a shotgun. rolling around. bunny hopping. its gonna suck but ill do it. lol

Honved
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Ok then im just going to abuse shotguns and explosives till it changes. im done with ARs. And im going to move in a way that its impossible to kill me without a shotgun. rolling around. bunny hopping. its gonna suck but ill do it. lol

Good job in trying to make a change to fix the problem that you hate. ;)

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Good job in trying to make a change to fix the problem that you hate. ;)

maybe if i abuse it they will fix it.

xXChromeGhostXx
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
if you need aim assist get off a shooter platform, do not blame your lack of gun skill on not having an aim assist, mines off in the PvE game as well, so no Aim Assist, anyone who uses an aim assist ( aside form a small child or such ) is in the wrong type of games to be playing, can't shoot straight? don't enter PvP and get newbed, i own all day with pistols AR's hardly ever use detonators or shotties, so quit *****ing cause you suck and get better.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
if you need aim assist get off a shooter platform, do not blame your lack of gun skill on not having an aim assist, mines off in the PvE game as well, so no Aim Assist, anyone who uses an aim assist ( aside form a small child or such ) is in the wrong type of games to be playing, can't shoot straight? don't enter PvP and get newbed, i own all day with pistols AR's hardly ever use detonators or shotties, so quit *****ing cause you suck and get better.

Your right i suck. and CoD isnt the most successful competative title to date. because it has aim assist. (everyone loves to dog call of duty but it IS the most successful title in existance.) Your all right.

Also after looking at your profile every game you have listed as an intrest has a strong aim assist. especially battlefield bc 2.

Honved
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
To be fair CoD has a lot of fan boys.

silentdeath
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
is this easy mode go get a cheat and be banned take that crap out of the game period

silentdeath
04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
take it out of the game completely let them download a chaet and get a instant bqan play pc if u want better control console is a scub poor pertson answer to gameing

greatdividers
04-17-2013, 12:21 PM
take it out of the game completely let them download a chaet and get a instant bqan play pc if u want better control console is a scub poor pertson answer to gameing

thank you for this well thought out and informative post. the community is very thankful that you are part of it <3

Wee_murray05
04-17-2013, 12:30 PM

Your expertly written and intelligent post is very helpful. I commend you for it.

I do however have a few small issues.

Do you have some form of head injury which prevents you from typing in a coherent and easily understood manner?
Does the same head injury prevent you from reading any of the previous posts or is that just an inherent laziness?
And finally your claim that PC gaming is better and console gaming is "as scub poor pertson answer to gameing" takes any possible merit from that argument that it's adherents will be trying for generations to redress what you have done.

May God have mercy on your soul.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 12:35 PM
CoD also has the most tournament play.

Honved
04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Because they have the most of something doesn't make it the best. ;)

greatdividers
04-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Because they have the most of something doesn't make it the best. ;)

quantity is the best measure when it comes to something that is based on opinions :P

Honved
04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
quantity is the best measure when it comes to something that is based on opinions :P

The electoral college would like to have a word with you. ;) I'm just saying, older cod games were great but it's going down hill. The problem is the massive amount of fan boys.

PookLove
04-17-2013, 12:55 PM

First, I can't even understand you. Second, enjoy your hackers in pvp. Which the xbox version doesn't have.

Slay
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I am still concrete in my opinion honestly. We have 2 options here as a people, either shotguns will be nerfed extremely, and sawed offs have already been patched in the game in Patch 1.0.1, but if this doesn't happen then aim assist will be added. I haven't actually seen a person here say they're good at sniping in this game... Sniping should honestly be alot easier but without aim assist or ADS sensitivity it's honestly near impossible. I don't have any problems with shotguns right now, they honestly should be the way they are right now, but the reason everyone uses them is because killing people with an AR or sniper is SOOO rare right now due to no aim assist, I've litterly had people shoot at me with an AR from 30 feet away, I have a sawed off shotgun. They were shooting constantly with an AR at me and I managed to make it to him by rolling straight up in his face and sawing him off without him taking out half my shields because of his aim and my constant rolling. I abuse this because it's legitimate, there's no cooldown on rolling and aiming with an AR is crap on consoles, he barely hit me ever because of my strafing, no one should be able to run to someone 30 feet away taking about 5-6 seconds of running before I am killing by an AR, have you ever seen that in any other game you play? THINK CRITICALLY. No other game, really. No other game that people play. No one wants to play a game like this which has a PvP primarily reliable on shotguns and ego. Every other game on earth for consoles seriously has a strong aim assist for consoles. I'm adamant on my opinion until someone seriously puts some facts out or better solutions to fix this game that doesn't involve ruining close quarters weapons (shotguns). I see no other way, seriously. I would be all for keeping no aim assist if only sniping and killing others with an automatic with insane recoil and no aim assist was a viable way to kill. It's not right now. That's why everyone runs with shotguns.

P.S. sorry for my great wall of china

Honved
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
I am still concrete in my opinion honestly. We have 2 options here as a people, either shotguns will be nerfed extremely, and sawed offs have already been patched in the game in Patch 1.0.1, but if this doesn't happen then aim assist will be added. I haven't actually seen a person here say they're good at sniping in this game... Sniping should honestly be alot easier but without aim assist or ADS sensitivity it's honestly near impossible. I don't have any problems with shotguns right now, they honestly should be the way they are right now, but the reason everyone uses them is because killing people with an AR or sniper is SOOO rare right now due to no aim assist, I've litterly had people shoot at me with an AR from 30 feet away, I have a sawed off shotgun. They were shooting constantly with an AR at me and I managed to make it to him by rolling straight up in his face and sawing him off without him taking out half my shields because of his aim and my constant rolling. I abuse this because it's legitimate, there's no cooldown on rolling and aiming with an AR is crap on consoles, he barely hit me ever because of my strafing, no one should be able to run to someone 30 feet away taking about 5-6 seconds of running before I am killing by an AR, have you ever seen that in any other game you play? THINK CRITICALLY. No other game, really. No other game that people play. No one wants to play a game like this which has a PvP primarily reliable on shotguns and ego. Every other game on earth for consoles seriously has a strong aim assist for consoles. I'm adamant on my opinion until someone seriously puts some facts out or better solutions to fix this game that doesn't involve ruining close quarters weapons (shotguns). I see no other way, seriously. I would be all for keeping no aim assist if only sniping and killing others with an automatic with insane recoil and no aim assist was a viable way to kill. It's not right now. That's why everyone runs with shotguns.

The nerf train has started, that's the problem with people today. Little to no foresight, nerfing started on the second day and it's going to keep going.

Slay
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM
The nerf train has started, that's the problem with people today. Little to no foresight, nerfing started on the second day and it's going to keep going.

I don't see why nerfing things that are OP and unfun for most is bad. Explain to me why everything is about the minority? From my knowledge everything so far nerfed is appropriate to say the least. Even if, I for example, don't like it. I lost a good amount of advantage on my Sawed off Shotgun I payed 40k on the forums, orange. No use for it now, not complaining because even I had the admittance of acknowledging it was OP considering it was a 1 hit in PvP

Honved
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
It's bad because it is a shooter not an rpg. I'm waiting for the "sniper head shots are op" Blah blah blah threads. The point is nerfs lead to more nerfs because players know that if they complain enough it'll happen.

Wee_murray05
04-17-2013, 01:24 PM
It's bad because it is a shooter not an rpg. I'm waiting for the "sniper head shots are op" Blah blah blah threads. The point is nerfs lead to more nerfs because players know that if they complain enough it'll happen.
Sad but true. The complainers tend to be the most vocal part of any community, and therefore usually get their way.

I'm not talking about the OP here who has a complaint and a suggestion to fix that complaint, but rather the people who endlessly post about how this or that is overpowered because they don't like it, without offering any constructive solutions other than to nerf.

Honved
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Sad but true. The complainers tend to be the most vocal part of any community, and therefore usually get their way.

I'm not talking about the OP here who has a complaint and a suggestion to fix that complaint, but rather the people who endlessly post about how this or that is overpowered because they don't like it, without offering any constructive solutions other than to nerf.

This is why I advocate adding more to the game to improve the meta tactics before jumping to nerfs.

Upinya Slayin
04-17-2013, 01:53 PM

i'm sorry but i ahve to disagree wiht alot of what you said.

PvP is all risk for reward based and people highly skilled can be more risky and net more rewards.

Shotguns have to have up close power due to having limited range. snipers have infinate range and therfor should be hard tio use since your not in harms way or putting much risk on yourself. Rifles also do a ton of damage, just because people cna't aim to kill you befor eyou get close doens't mean the game is broken. it means its an MMORPG and therefor aren't attracting peolpe who have been playing game slike halo, COD, etc. SO people like that aren't used to online shooters and they cna't keep up. there is a learning cuve, they shouldn't adjust teh game to make it easy for people

Upinya Slayin
04-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't see why nerfing things that are OP and unfun for most is bad. Explain to me why everything is about the minority? From my knowledge everything so far nerfed is appropriate to say the least. Even if, I for example, don't like it. I lost a good amount of advantage on my Sawed off Shotgun I payed 40k on the forums, orange. No use for it now, not complaining because even I had the admittance of acknowledging it was OP considering it was a 1 hit in PvP

becuase the minority are the "better players" while the majority are the average to bad players. so by going towards the majority your giving bad people easy ways to kill good people so they don't fel abd. which ruins PvP.

like i said before its like telling peyton manning to throw more iNTs to make the game more fair for the other team

Slay
04-17-2013, 02:29 PM
@ Upinya Slayin; Please spell check next time... I had a hard time reading.
Sniper do not have infinite range, you're making them sound OP and they're not. No one uses them because for specific reasons, they are highly inaccurate, the hit boxes are totally off when it comes to headshots, the maps are a bit CQC but there are some better sniping spots on Observatory, headshots are hard to get because of the lack of aim assist and ADS sensitivity options in settings.

To another big issue I have with you is the fact that you support the minority, probably a republican lol, but the fact that this game feeds off everyone's money it's important to make sure everyone is happy. I'm proficient in video games and PvP in this game, I do very well and I have no intention of keeping it how it is currently. Keeping it without aim assist or better yet rephrased, keeping it difficult will not keep players motivated to stick with the competitive aspect of this game. Let's take one clan for example, MLG, I doubt they would support a game like this, as for many other competitive clans, and I mean that in honesty. Without any form of aim assist, a rough joystick sensitivity and no ADS sensitivity options, the PvP in this game is bound to be a failure sooner or later. You will realize what I say is right in due time and enough PvP experience on the console. No matter how 'MLGPRO' you are, even at console games without aim assist, this game desperately needs aim assist.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Sniper do not have infinite range, you're making them sound OP and they're not. No one uses them because for specific reasons, they are highly inaccurate, the hit boxes are totally off when it comes to headshots, the maps are a bit CQC but there are some better sniping spots on Observatory, headshots are hard to get because of the lack of aim assist and ADS sensitivity options in settings.

To another big issue I have with you is the fact that you support the minority, probably a republican lol, but the fact that this game feeds off everyone's money it's important to make sure everyone is happy. I'm proficient in video games and PvP in this game, I do very well and I have no intention of keeping it how it is currently. Keeping it without aim assist or better yet rephrased, keeping it difficult will not keep players motivated to stick with the competitive aspect of this game. Let's take one clan for example, MLG, I doubt they would support a game like this, as for many other competitive clans, and I mean that in honesty. Without any form of aim assist, a rough joystick sensitivity and no ADS sensitivity options, the PvP in this game is bound to be a failure sooner or later. You will realize what I say is right in due time and enough PvP experience on the console. No matter how 'MLGPRO' you are, even at console games without aim assist, this game desperately needs aim assist.

MLG is not a clan. Its a competitive gaming league much like the NHL,MLB,NFL. But you are right. Period.
I know that i am a better competitive gamer than anyone who is saying how they wreak without aim assist. i hold a 7.00 W/L in black ops 2. And you can check my gamertag if you want proof. S0ul Techn1que

with that being said. If you are using an assault rifle, sniper rifle, smg, pistol (no northstar) you may get kills BUT YOU ARE NOT HITTING ANYONE WHO IS MOVING AND ROLLING. its a shame there is no way to host matches so friends can join.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 03:13 PM
I had several things i wanted to say. that was not all directed at you SLAY.

iKoN
04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Aim assist kinda defeats the purpose of a shooter game...
Practice leading shots?

Upinya Slayin
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM

i'll spell check this one since you didn't make it all about my typos and actually made a reasonable response.

In every game, snipers are always the most difficult guns to use because they require precision aiming and have a slow ROF. however the positives of snipers are range (ok maybe not infinite but has an added scope for better range) allowing you to keep a safe distance from all the clutter and damage as well as a high damage per shot with a good size clip. doing 1k damage per shot at long range with a scope and a 5 shot clip seems perfectly viable compared to a shotgun doing 2k damage with a 1 shot clip and veyr limited range. the tarde off is the sniper takes more skill to use. If the sniper is inaccurate and/or hit boxes are glitchy those are things that should be fixed/patched. you shouldn't ignore an issue by covering it up with an aim assist. As far as the maps go. observatory has a sniper nest that has good LOS to most spots and waterfront you can go high on the ships and snipe and you are basically safe up there. head shots at a distance on a moving target should be hard to get and take skill.

As far as politics go, i don't get involved in it. I just don't always think that the majority is right. there are a lot of stupid people in the world and the internet brings them all out to hang out with each other sometimes lol. Also you have people who might be way off and are only asking for something to compensate for their lack of skill, and others who find a powerful combo and don't want to changed. balance changes as a whole are always good for games. And yes everyone paid the same and everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to voice said opinion on forums. doesn't mean its always best for the game or right. doesn't mean that my opinion is always gonna be right either. but one thing i can say is when i make an opinion based on a game , i do it without thinking what will benefit me and what will hurt me. I try to do it as unbiased as possible and i'll just adjust what i'm doing when changes are made if need be. Also i'm the type of person who isn't ultra competitive. I'd rather have fun then worry about winning or KDR.

as far as your opinion for making the game easier, that is something i just cannot agree with. I know it'll turn people away form PvP, but thats a very small portion of the game as a whole. the game is built around PVE as an MMORPG. PvP mode is a small added bonus IMO. PvP should be difficulties your playing against real people not AI with varying degrees of skill. If some superpro guy comes in and head shots me 10 times in a game i'm not gonna rage quit and say snipers are broken. i'll be like dam nice shot (i might also make a joke about how he needs to go outside and see a ****** sometime lol, but i digress) and thats part of gaming. Its like if i'm playing football with some friends and one of them is really slow and can't get open so we give him a motorized scooter to make him faster so he can compete and get open. i'm sorry he can't do much to help but thats life. I'm not gonna me a movie star or an astronaut or president of the US and i'm ok with that, people need to accept their limitations and learn to have fun even if they aren't the best at something or give up, people who are good shouldn't be discouraged from playing good to make other people feel better. thats the problem with "new age" gamers they feel entitled, think everything should be easy, and everything should be given to them. If something is challenging, they walk away. and its not a good lesson.

And i'll be the 1st to admit i'm not the best sniper. I'll also admit that i hate sitting in one spot. I can't camp, tis not fun at all to me. I like being in the heat of battle. In games like halo i play swat excuse i don't like power weapons. I don't like cheap kill weapons put on maps to make people feel good about getting a few good cheap kills. If i get outshot by somebody better i'm ok with it. there will always be people who are better then me and people who are worse then me. Doesn't mean the game should be made easy so the worse people can kill me w/o having any skill, the same way i don't want something given to me to make it so i can kill people better then me w/o even breaking a sweat

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
i'll spell check this one since you didn't make it all about my typos and actually made a reasonable response.

In every game, snipers are always the most difficult guns to use because they require precision aiming and have a slow ROF. however the positives of snipers are range (ok maybe not infinite but has an added scope for better range) allowing you to keep a safe distance from all the clutter and damage as well as a high damage per shot with a good size clip. doing 1k damage per shot at long range with a scope and a 5 shot clip seems perfectly viable compared to a shotgun doing 2k damage with a 1 shot clip and veyr limited range. the tarde off is the sniper takes more skill to use. If the sniper is inaccurate and/or hit boxes are glitchy those are things that should be fixed/patched. you shouldn't ignore an issue by covering it up with an aim assist. As far as the maps go. observatory has a sniper nest that has good LOS to most spots and waterfront you can go high on the ships and snipe and you are basically safe up there. head shots at a distance on a moving target should be hard to get and take skill.

As far as politics go, i don't get involved in it. I just don't always think that the majority is right. there are a lot of stupid people in the world and the internet brings them all out to hang out with each other sometimes lol. Also you have people who might be way off and are only asking for something to compensate for their lack of skill, and others who find a powerful combo and don't want to changed. balance changes as a whole are always good for games. And yes everyone paid the same and everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to voice said opinion on forums. doesn't mean its always best for the game or right. doesn't mean that my opinion is always gonna be right either. but one thing i can say is when i make an opinion based on a game , i do it without thinking what will benefit me and what will hurt me. I try to do it as unbiased as possible and i'll just adjust what i'm doing when changes are made if need be. Also i'm the type of person who isn't ultra competitive. I'd rather have fun then worry about winning or KDR.

as far as your opinion for making the game easier, that is something i just cannot agree with. I know it'll turn people away form PvP, but thats a very small portion of the game as a whole. the game is built around PVE as an MMORPG. PvP mode is a small added bonus IMO. PvP should be difficulties your playing against real people not AI with varying degrees of skill. If some superpro guy comes in and head shots me 10 times in a game i'm not gonna rage quit and say snipers are broken. i'll be like dam nice shot (i might also make a joke about how he needs to go outside and see a ****** sometime lol, but i digress) and thats part of gaming. Its like if i'm playing football with some friends and one of them is really slow and can't get open so we give him a motorized scooter to make him faster so he can compete and get open. i'm sorry he can't do much to help but thats life. I'm not gonna me a movie star or an astronaut or president of the US and i'm ok with that, people need to accept their limitations and learn to have fun even if they aren't the best at something or give up, people who are good shouldn't be discouraged from playing good to make other people feel better. thats the problem with "new age" gamers they feel entitled, think everything should be easy, and everything should be given to them. If something is challenging, they walk away. and its not a good lesson.

And i'll be the 1st to admit i'm not the best sniper. I'll also admit that i hate sitting in one spot. I can't camp, tis not fun at all to me. I like being in the heat of battle. In games like halo i play swat excuse i don't like power weapons. I don't like cheap kill weapons put on maps to make people feel good about getting a few good cheap kills. If i get outshot by somebody better i'm ok with it. there will always be people who are better then me and people who are worse then me. Doesn't mean the game should be made easy so the worse people can kill me w/o having any skill, the same way i don't want something given to me to make it so i can kill people better then me w/o even breaking a sweat

Incorrect. snipers are not meant to be hard to use, they are not op, they are meant to counter short-mid range weapons, they are meant to be underpowered at CLOSE range. and ok at mid range. Also snipers in all games including CoD are easy to counter. shotgun users should be just as simple to counter. BUT THEY ARE NOT.

BTW this is xbox, everyone WILL leave without good pvp.

Upinya Slayin
04-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Incorrect. snipers are not meant to be hard to use, they are not op, they are meant to counter short-mid range weapons, they are meant to be underpowered at CLOSE range. and ok at mid range. Also snipers in all games including CoD are easy to counter. shotgun users should be just as simple to counter. BUT THEY ARE NOT.

BTW this is xbox, everyone WILL leave without good pvp.

such a short response to such a long post?????

and snipers are LONG RANGE HIGH POWER PER SHOT PRECISE SLOW ROF weapons. you can no scope a headhsot at close range if your good enough. snipers are fine, they just need skill to make them dance, moreso then most guns. but the make up for it in range.

bio10656
04-17-2013, 06:08 PM
CLOAK IS OVERPOWERD its so ****in unfair how they can use constant fire w/o breaking cloak so we have no idea where they are add a cloak outline like the dark matter have thenitll be good

Slay
04-17-2013, 06:11 PM

No one will ever headshot you with a sniper in this game. If they do, and you happen to be moving it's VERY RARE. No one will ever x10 headshot mlg tryhard you.

Also not saying it's a confirmed statistic but i'm pretty sure that's wrong about how many will leave. I'd honestly bet $200 on that fact more people would leave if there wasn't aim assist on consoles rather than aim assist being added. I garentee you this statistic, and I'm willing to bet money on it, theoretically given the opportunity. Easy money. No one is going to play a game where it is impossible to get any hits of any kind on moving objects in PvP. It's very possible in other games, you say you play Halo. I play Lone Wolves on Halo 3, not swat (Which I might mention is a 1 hit kill game mode WITH aim assist!) and in my last game I played I got 25 kills 2 deaths, first place all kills with a Battle Rifle and 23/25 were headshots (I have played Halo 3 since 2007). That game is extremely competative, has a huge aim assist and differs greatly in player ability. In Halo 3 you have players of all different abilities, because the weapons are balanced, nothing is overpowered typically and there's counters. The aim assist helps players out and I don't see anyone complaining about Halo's aim assist. I don't see a single thread on CoD forums, Halo forums, Section 8 forums, any other game forums complaining about aim assist as there is a toggle. If you think you're good enough then turn aim assist off.

Honved
04-17-2013, 06:15 PM
CLOAK IS OVERPOWERD its so ****in unfair how they can use constant fire w/o breaking cloak so we have no idea where they are add a cloak outline like the dark matter have thenitll be good

Cloak pops you out of the ego while you fire. You experienced a glitch or a hacker.

Slay
04-17-2013, 06:19 PM
snipers are LONG RANGE HIGH POWER PER SHOT PRECISE SLOW ROF weapons. you can no scope a headhsot at close range if your good enough. snipers are fine, they just need skill to make them dance, moreso then most guns. but the make up for it in range.

Snipers are long range high power per shot imprecise at the moment bolt action weapons. You can no scope a headshot at close reange if you're extremely lucky and the opponent doesn't have a shotgun. Snipers are not fine and you'd need more skill than any MLG Tryhard pro to get kills with one without aim assist on consoles. It makes up for nothing considering the fact you can't kill anyone with it.

Honved
04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Snipers are long range high power per shot imprecise at the moment bolt action weapons. You can no scope a headshot at close reange if you're extremely lucky and the opponent doesn't have a shotgun. Snipers are not fine and you'd need more skill than any MLG Tryhard pro to get kills with one without aim assist on consoles. It makes up for nothing considering the fact you can't kill anyone with it.

To be fair most of my kills are with my sniper, then again I've a lot of experience with shooters. Aim assist I'm fine with it being added, I won't be using it.

To everyone else avoid flaming him, this is a suggestion and an opinion.

Slay
04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
To be fair most of my kills are with my sniper, then again I've a lot of experience with shooters. Aim assist I'm fine with it being added, I won't be using it.

No it's fine. I take the flame and will at least defend myself with a good opinion based on my years of game shooters also. But the difference is i've played games for years with aim assist, so my opinion while it may be biased I think it personally does make sense though to add this, with reasons.

Slay
04-17-2013, 06:33 PM

So my question to you, even with all these years of expirience with no aim assist in shooters, how many of your shots are hits with snipers in defiance, how many are headshots, at a rough... precise... estimate. I can't stress it enough how I want that estimate to be as precise as possible, don't send off the wrong signal because at the moment my estimates are at around here:

Accuracy with a sniper on someone not moving: 50% (Inaccuracy bug with snipers)
Accuracy with a sniper on someone moving: 20%
Shots being headshots while victim is running, rolling, sprinting, etc.: 5%

Honved
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
So my question to you, even with all these years of expirience with no aim assist in shooters, how many of your shots are hits with snipers in defiance, how many are headshots, at a rough... precise... estimate. I can't stress it enough how I want that estimate to be as precise as possible, don't send off the wrong signal because at the moment my estimates are at around here:

Accuracy with a sniper on someone not moving: 50% (Inaccuracy bug with snipers)
Accuracy with a sniper on someone moving: 20%
Shots being headshots while victim is running, rolling, sprinting, etc.: 5%

With me in order: Chest shots Head shots

80 50
60 30
50 Haven't tried

Slay
04-17-2013, 07:30 PM
With me in order: Chest shots Head shots

80 50
60 30
50 Haven't tried

That's pretty good... On Halo I'm that if not higher, almost always headshots. I guess aim assist is so integrated into the way I play games, not use to games with PvP like this.

JohnnyWad309
04-17-2013, 07:42 PM
I agree with the OP, this is a 3rd person shooter, there needs to be aim assist in PvP for the console versions. On console it is very difficult to aim at someone longer than a second or two, especially since people can sprint or roll for an infinite duration. To me, the feel of this game when playing on console is similar to Mass Effect 1. It's very choppy and especially hard to ADS at anyone who is moving, unless they are running straight away from you or straight at you. Honestly, the unlimited sprint is a huge problem in general in PvP. There's a reason most shooter games have a limit on how long you can sprint, because mobility is huge.

That being said, I've played the game on my brother's PC and it is definitely much easier to ADS on PC than it is on console. That's not surprising though either. I play a lot of shooters. On PS3 I've played the entire Call of Duty series and Killzone series, on PC I played the hell out of the (starting with 1942 up) Battlefield series and a lot of Counterstrike, and (to a lesser extent) Halo and Gears of War on Xbox 360. I've noticed on PC shooters it's always much easier to aim at people since you just have to click on them. It's different on a console where you have to use a joystick to aim. It doesn't help that players are jumping constantly and suddenly rolling in the opposite direction of their jump. If aim assist isn't added to PvP, then there should definitely be a limit on how long you can sprint/roll. Rolling and sprinting should both consume stamina in such a way that you can't roll more than 3 or 4 times in a firefight.

rush
04-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Again Trion ignore TC and all the casuals.. PVE is for noobassist, PVP is for skill.. I use ARs in PvP and shadow wars easy 20+ kills and 5+ captures every game

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-18-2013, 04:39 AM
Again Trion ignore TC and all the casuals.. PVE is for noobassist, PVP is for skill.. I use ARs in PvP and shadow wars easy 20+ kills and 5+ captures every game

yes trion ignore us, the elitist gamer who probably has never played in a single competitive tournament but thinks he knows all commands it.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Lets put it this way. Defiance will lose a lot more people for not adding aim assist, than they will for adding it. that deminished population is the downfall for the show and the game. Its that simple.

Slay
04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Lets put it this way. Defiance will lose a lot more people for not adding aim assist, than they will for adding it. that deminished population is the downfall for the show and the game. Its that simple.

This could be very true, and enough to push alot of people from the game away, even enough to spiral the company. Honestly I will not play PvP now often specifically because of this.

greatdividers
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM
This could be very true, and enough to push alot of people from the game away, even enough to spiral the company. Honestly I will not play PvP now often specifically because of this.

mother nature had the whole "pvp" thing down perfect. survival of the fittest, eat or be eaten, adapt or die, etc. etc.

anyways..... you get the idea.

Slay
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM
mother nature had the whole "pvp" thing down perfect. survival of the fittest, eat or be eaten, adapt or die, etc. etc.

anyways..... you get the idea.

No, I actually have no idea... Mother nature? How does natural selection have to do with PvP? lol

BaiorOfRed
04-18-2013, 11:21 PM
It's a new game with a new kind of skill set that you need to adapt to. Everything in this game, from the PVP without aim assist to Nim Shondu is completely doable. Challenging, yes, but you can rise to it. I respect everyone's opinion, but I will never agree with you on this matter.

Rather than taking the challenge away, find a way to rise to it. I will gladly help anyone who wants it.

seoulstar
04-18-2013, 11:23 PM
No..then shotguns would be an even bigger headache.

MilkyWhites
04-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Agree with OP completely. All the hardcore "lol just lrn2shoot better n00b" people can put a sock in it. You are what's ruining online gaming.

Also, people using cloak/shotty is completely understandable. I just think they should buff the other EGO powers to be just as useful in their own degree.

Slay
04-19-2013, 03:19 AM
It's a new game with a new kind of skill set that you need to adapt to. Everything in this game, from the PVP without aim assist to Nim Shondu is completely doable. Challenging, yes, but you can rise to it. I respect everyone's opinion, but I will never agree with you on this matter.

Rather than taking the challenge away, find a way to rise to it. I will gladly help anyone who wants it.

What is your gamertag, so I may look up which games you play?

Upinya Slayin
04-19-2013, 11:35 AM

honestly i don't think people would quit playing the PvE because of aim assist. they might stop playing the PvP but thats not the "meat and potatoes" of the game.

Also if they add it it wouldn't bother me, i'm just saying with rocket launchers, and shotguns, and cloak, and blur, and such that its not a game that requires alot of skill or aiming. you can grind SP to get a high level character into MP right off the bat and have an advantage over lower level people. its not a agme that requires precision aim or timing or skill. alot of it is random and luck induced.

Upinya Slayin
04-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Agree with OP completely. All the hardcore "lol just lrn2shoot better n00b" people can put a sock in it. You are what's ruining online gaming.

Also, people using cloak/shotty is completely understandable. I just think they should buff the other EGO powers to be just as useful in their own degree.

I'd never say L2P noob, but more of just have fun and accept that not eveyrone can top the scoreboard every time. the fact games feel they HAVE to put in easy ways for people to get kills so they don't feel bad is kinda sad.

For instance i had a bad game yesterday trying some new weapons out. went 0-6 had someone send me a message saying get out of PvP kid. didn't feel like engaing someone who's that big of an idiot so i replied back lol ok kid. then i went positive the rest of the games i played (like 5-6 more) with a couple of plus 8-10 games. using shotgun and detonator grenade launcher.

the point is this sin't even a game that takes skill. its a game that already has enough easy ways to kill with grenades and rocket launchers and stuff.

also the game has inconsistent damage issues. for example 1 game on waterfront i climbed the tower cause i was being chased. shot 5 grenaed (all doing 1300 damage) which is about 6500 damage and left them there. guy climbs up the ladder and i explode them. he gets left with about 25% health and my teammate finishes him off and i get an assist even though i bated him into what should have been an easy kill. i deserved that kill and it took no aiming skill but how he soaked up 6500 damage and survived is beyond me

Freyar
04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
MAG did fine with minimal/no aim assist.

Slay
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
honestly i don't think people would quit playing the PvE because of aim assist. they might stop playing the PvP but thats not the "meat and potatoes" of the game.

Also if they add it it wouldn't bother me, i'm just saying with rocket launchers, and shotguns, and cloak, and blur, and such that its not a game that requires alot of skill or aiming. you can grind SP to get a high level character into MP right off the bat and have an advantage over lower level people. its not a agme that requires precision aim or timing or skill. alot of it is random and luck induced.

You said people would quit if aim assist was put into this game, so I retorted back more people would quit if aim assist was not added. This game has more skilled ways to kill people, for example an assault rifle or sniper rifle will take more to kill those than a shotgun, grenade launcher, or rocker launcher or infector would. My point is why make it 100 times more difficult to kill someone with a sniper than a shotgun? This is why shotguns are overused. Aim assist won't help anyone get a kill with a shotgun or a grenade launcher, those guns will get a kill on their own based on if you aimed it correctly in the first place. A slight magnetism will not help you get a kill with a rocket launcher that you wouldn't already be getting, same for shotguns and grenade launchers. Those with infectors already have some regulation of aim assist and they are just dandy. But rifles, pistols and snipers are currently at the top of the leaderboard for unused weapons in PvP, when in PvE it's near the opposite. The solution is aim assist, and truthfully that's the only reason they are needed too, to balance snipers, assault rifles and pistols. The other weapons have no purpose for aim assist, that's why everyone already uses them. I'm not trying to be a donkey in saying that the guns you use require no nerf, and your post was biased because I agree there's no point in aim assist for shotguns and a grenade launcher, but ARs, Pistols and Snipers do. I'm going to counter argue prematurely, because I have a feeling something you will bring up being 'Snipers would be too overused and overpowered if aim assist were added', the answer is simply I don't intend on the developers adding much assistant to snipers, and in all games I agree snipers should be skillful but still have a very low aim assistant, much less than 2 times that of assault rifles and pistols.

Upinya Slayin
04-19-2013, 02:01 PM
You said people would quit if aim assist was put into this game, so I retorted back more people would quit if aim assist was not added. This game has more skilled ways to kill people, for example an assault rifle or sniper rifle will take more to kill those than a shotgun, grenade launcher, or rocker launcher or infector would. My point is why make it 100 times more difficult to kill someone with a sniper than a shotgun? This is why shotguns are overused. Aim assist won't help anyone get a kill with a shotgun or a grenade launcher, those guns will get a kill on their own based on if you aimed it correctly in the first place. A slight magnetism will not help you get a kill with a rocket launcher that you wouldn't already be getting, same for shotguns and grenade launchers. Those with infectors already have some regulation of aim assist and they are just dandy. But rifles, pistols and snipers are currently at the top of the leaderboard for unused weapons in PvP, when in PvE it's near the opposite. The solution is aim assist, and truthfully that's the only reason they are needed too, to balance snipers, assault rifles and pistols. The other weapons have no purpose for aim assist, that's why everyone already uses them. I'm not trying to be a donkey in saying that the guns you use require no nerf, and your post was biased because I agree there's no point in aim assist for shotguns and a grenade launcher, but ARs, Pistols and Snipers do. I'm going to counter argue prematurely, because I have a feeling something you will bring up being 'Snipers would be too overused and overpowered if aim assist were added', the answer is simply I don't intend on the developers adding much assistant to snipers, and in all games I agree snipers should be skillful but still have a very low aim assistant, much less than 2 times that of assault rifles and pistols.

You must have confused em with someone else or misunderstood something i said. i never said people would quit if they added it. people love to get mad and say they will quit, but they rarely do. its mostly just talk and no matter what they change i doubt anyone will actually quit.

also you make a very good point. the reason shotguns and explosives are sued so much is because they are very easy to use. as it stands now, there is more luck involved then actual skill, there is no skill involved in spamming explosives into building people are at, there is no skill involved in being invisible and walking up to somebody and OSK with a shotgun. Thats why they are overused. I would like to see more sniping and SMGs and ARs but people will always migrate to the easiest to use options. In Your case i wouldn't mind an autoaim so much, but the problem is it can be exploited by turbo controllers or rapidly pressing the aim button with the fire button at the same time, and right now the game is fast paced and fun with minimal camping and i don't want to see it turned into a camping snipers game. its why i hate the swat "complex" map on halo. it makes people camp the outskirts all game and the matches take 10-12 mins where on other maps the matches are half the time and more fast paced.

Also in PvE LMGs put out crazy damage. i mean 400+ per shot with a automatic high ROF and an 85 round clip? i mean thats 34k damage per clip not including bonus's perks, mods etc. and with player health + shields around 2500-4k it seems you can mow down all 8 people w/o even reloading so making it too easy to use could be detrimental to the game. same with sniping, if you can sit up top and OSK with a sniper its gonna turn into a team sniper more then a TDM game with camping and making games take long and be boring IMO

Slay
04-19-2013, 02:35 PM
You must have confused em with someone else or misunderstood something i said. i never said people would quit if they added it. people love to get mad and say they will quit, but they rarely do. its mostly just talk and no matter what they change i doubt anyone will actually quit.

also you make a very good point. the reason shotguns and explosives are sued so much is because they are very easy to use. as it stands now, there is more luck involved then actual skill, there is no skill involved in spamming explosives into building people are at, there is no skill involved in being invisible and walking up to somebody and OSK with a shotgun. Thats why they are overused. I would like to see more sniping and SMGs and ARs but people will always migrate to the easiest to use options. In Your case i wouldn't mind an autoaim so much, but the problem is it can be exploited by turbo controllers or rapidly pressing the aim button with the fire button at the same time, and right now the game is fast paced and fun with minimal camping and i don't want to see it turned into a camping snipers game. its why i hate the swat "complex" map on halo. it makes people camp the outskirts all game and the matches take 10-12 mins where on other maps the matches are half the time and more fast paced.

Also in PvE LMGs put out crazy damage. i mean 400+ per shot with a automatic high ROF and an 85 round clip? i mean thats 34k damage per clip not including bonus's perks, mods etc. and with player health + shields around 2500-4k it seems you can mow down all 8 people w/o even reloading so making it too easy to use could be detrimental to the game. same with sniping, if you can sit up top and OSK with a sniper its gonna turn into a team sniper more then a TDM game with camping and making games take long and be boring IMO

I made it excplicitly clear that snipers have 2 or more times less magnetism than that of an rifle of pistol. I also would like to say whatever that 'turbo' i've never heard of but the way you describe it, it sounds like cheating. There's a reason for report player. Also again I made it clear in the thread I don't want an aim snap. I want it to if you look at your opponent the stick sensitivity decreases slightly, forcing you to still aim at the person completely only your own, there is to be no 'zoom in and snap to the target' magnetism.

It will never turn into a sniper match being all maps currently are CQC mostly, therefore the chances of them being overpowered ever is very low unless they intentionally make the snipers 1 shot kills anywhere, which they are not. Also be serious here, would you rather have everyone killing people with skilled tactics and a sniper rifle or using an auto shotgun and spraying in a CQC encounter? Eitherway this example isn't practical because snipers will never become overpowered.

LMGs doing 400+ damage high rate of fire with 85+ mags? Are you insane? Show me a gun like that, seriously. Never seen a gun more than 350 damage/9.5 fire rate with 75 mag, and 220 damage/12.0 fire rate, also they reduced fire rate in the patch on certain LMGs and added bigger recoil. I must say that gun you're describing is immensely exaggerated or I'm yet to see one that OP, and your example of mowing down 8 people before reloading while may be accurate, is not practical, taking on that many people will obviously leave you killed. Most people have a rhino shield and it will take around 1.5 seconds of all shots hitting focus fire. 0.0 for a grenade, 0.0 for grenade launchers, 0.0 for rocket launchers, need I continue? I don't think this is imbalanced.

Upinya Slayin
04-19-2013, 02:59 PM
I made it excplicitly clear that snipers have 2 or more times less magnetism than that of an rifle of pistol. I also would like to say whatever that 'turbo' i've never heard of but the way you describe it, it sounds like cheating. There's a reason for report player. Also again I made it clear in the thread I don't want an aim snap. I want it to if you look at your opponent the stick sensitivity decreases slightly, forcing you to still aim at the person completely only your own, there is to be no 'zoom in and snap to the target' magnetism.

It will never turn into a sniper match being all maps currently are CQC mostly, therefore the chances of them being overpowered ever is very low unless they intentionally make the snipers 1 shot kills anywhere, which they are not. Also be serious here, would you rather have everyone killing people with skilled tactics and a sniper rifle or using an auto shotgun and spraying in a CQC encounter? Eitherway this example isn't practical because snipers will never become overpowered.

LMGs doing 400+ damage high rate of fire with 85+ mags? Are you insane? Show me a gun like that, seriously. Never seen a gun more than 350 damage/9.5 fire rate with 75 mag, and 220 damage/12.0 fire rate, also they reduced fire rate in the patch on certain LMGs and added bigger recoil. I must say that gun you're describing is immensely exaggerated or I'm yet to see one that OP, and your example of mowing down 8 people before reloading while may be accurate, is not practical, taking on that many people will obviously leave you killed. Most people have a rhino shield and it will take around 1.5 seconds of all shots hitting focus fire. 0.0 for a grenade, 0.0 for grenade launchers, 0.0 for rocket launchers, need I continue? I don't think this is imbalanced.

Oh ok i see what you say. if thats what you mean by auto aim, then i would be ok with it as long as its a toggle as it will actually hurt a more skilled aimer, but help a less skilled aimer. I'm ok if they put something like that in. But honestly its not a big advantage. for example in ME3 i got so sued to real time sniping that when i played SP after a long time with MP there is a mod that slows down enemies when you scope for easier aiming. i couldn't get used to the slow taking my time as i had built a natural reflex for real time aiming. I'd be ok with that change and don't think it would hurt anything

well there are only 2 maps. waterfront you can snipe form the ships up high or from the sniper tower in the middle fo the map. on observatory there is a sniper tower as well or the top of the building. maps have spots for sniping and CQC equally IMO. and I'd rather have people using semi auto SMGs with low damage output so its fair and goes to the better aimer, but thats just me. either way if its sniper heavy it'll be boring, if its shotgun cloak heavy its more luck then skill. no game can ever be perfectly balanced. overall the game isn't badly balanced, but again right now its more luck based then skill based IMO. as long as there are explosives and OSK shotguns with cloack it'll never be a skill based game

and i'll tell you the name of the gun. i have it and only use it for PvE mode. You just have to wait till i get home and check it

thejx4
04-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I hope we have larger scale maps in the future, BF3 style, not CoD. Don't make Shadow War the only time we get that "conquest" feel. Like, maybe the size of Marin. Sniper rifles definitely need a buff, and some type of aim assist, as you need PERFECT accuracy to actually hit someone. Using a sniper rifle at this point...you're basically not helping the team.

Upinya Slayin
04-19-2013, 03:22 PM
I hope we have larger scale maps in the future, BF3 style, not CoD. Don't make Shadow War the only time we get that "conquest" feel. Like, maybe the size of Marin. Sniper rifles definitely need a buff, and some type of aim assist, as you need PERFECT accuracy to actually hit someone. Using a sniper rifle at this point...you're basically not helping the team.

no thank you. larger maps = camping which ruins teh fun of this game. honestly if it was full of campers i'd probably not even play the PvP mode. its fun ebcuase it doens't have the annyong campers that other game have. I wouldn't mind a SR buff at all. i'd like to see more snipers then explosives but hey what can you do

Slay
04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
i'd like to see more snipers then explosives but hey what can you do

Add aim assist?

Upinya Slayin
04-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Add aim assist?

it won't make people aim. it'll still be mostly shotguns and explosives no matter what.

IISuperProII
04-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Agree.. I played the PVP once, but just got slaughtered cuz I couldn't consistently hit my opponent, something needs to change, it was insanely hard, and i'm usually good at shooters..

PookLove
04-19-2013, 05:50 PM
it won't make people aim. it'll still be mostly shotguns and explosives no matter what.

That because the maps are small, except for shadow war which you get more AR/LMG/Snipers.

I actually take back what I've said because I would personally like to see more AR/SMG/LMG/Sniper/Pistols. Though I love running my AR in shadow war and I pull pretty good numbers. So please Trion will you add aim assist to the xbox/PS version. I'm tired of seeing shotguns/GrenadeLaunchers/Rockets/Clustershots... We have soo many weapons to choose from but I only see certain kinds in PVP.

RtCW DeMilLeR
04-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Played pvp matches more than 20 hours with AR, BMG, decoy & 360 pad on PC platform.
Actually I scoring most match 4/3 like this (when I got luck, made 12/0 too)

Still need Aim assist like Halo 3.
Definately same as topic example.

Let “PC pad users“ able to play against M&K well too.
(Sure. M&K users must not take advantage from it.)

Jesus christ. There is a lot of hoppers on the battlefield and Im going insane
when I killed by naughty shotguns, infectors while they jumping around.

Slay
04-20-2013, 09:47 AM
That because the maps are small, except for shadow war which you get more AR/LMG/Snipers.

I actually take back what I've said because I would personally like to see more AR/SMG/LMG/Sniper/Pistols. Though I love running my AR in shadow war and I pull pretty good numbers. So please Trion will you add aim assist to the xbox/PS version. I'm tired of seeing shotguns/GrenadeLaunchers/Rockets/Clustershots... We have soo many weapons to choose from but I only see certain kinds in PVP.

Thanks, appreciate your decision.

Read all feedback, thanks guys.

Slay
04-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Bumping for more feedback, especially wanted from staff.

legationX
04-22-2013, 05:13 AM
people who need any kind of aim assist should go and play COD, there you even have still soft aim if you disable that ****...

It is just practice and using a controller, which is not abused for months...
If you never start playing without any kind of assisted things you will always be a noob...

Even Maxpayne is easy on Xbox without aim assist and no bullet time, just learn to use your thumbs...I am telling you that, who played MP 1 and 2 on PC and now since 6 years Xbox only

NeverMiss
04-22-2013, 05:36 AM
I will disagree with you.
After playiing countless hours of PVP with all gun type. Adding aim assist will means everybody will run with the wolfhound for the 4.0x crit multiplier. I myself use AR and Wolfhound pistol in my loadout and when I get a kill with it I feel glorious

FarmShaft
04-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Brilliant idea! pritty much every other console game uses it.

I really do believe it would help subdue the shotty abuse aswell.

I have the aim assist off atm & the sensitivity up so when I jump in pvp it isnt such a shock.

Long as it doesn't result in quick scoping tho

FarmShaft
04-22-2013, 07:04 AM

This sort of thing makes me sooooo angry. Or quotes like "sod off back to cod"

We are simply trying to help by putting forward sensible legit ideas

There is no need to hate on people

This idea is probibly the best I've heard yet. It wouldn't mess with the game and would be easy to implement

Milz The Kid
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
to be honest, I have no problem with any aiming system in any game except for defiance. the reason for this is because this is the only game where PvP and PvE have two diffrent aiming systems. They could make it so that there are two different aiming systems for two diffrent server, like how red dead redemption works. But we should have a choice in how we aim.

Milz The Kid
04-22-2013, 10:51 AM

Play cod, there is no aim assist, then you can be a fan boy where people dont care

Slay
04-22-2013, 12:55 PM
I will disagree with you.
After playiing countless hours of PVP with all gun type. Adding aim assist will means everybody will run with the wolfhound for the 4.0x crit multiplier. I myself use AR and Wolfhound pistol in my loadout and when I get a kill with it I feel glorious

Like said, if you bothered to read the thread, I AM NOT SUGGESTING SNAP. I am suggesting to slow magnetism upon direct view. You will have to do all the aiming by yourself in my suggestion, this way you will still have to aim at your target directly without aim assist, then once you're focused on your target, your sensitivity decreases slightly creating aim magnetism on your target, without forcing to give up any of your 'mlgproskills'.

Play cod, there is no aim assist, then you can be a fan boy where people dont care

CoD has the biggest aim assistant i've honestly ever seen in a game, and a relative snap feature... Which by the way I hope is not incorporated into this game. I dear god hope snap isn't added.

SadClub
04-22-2013, 02:23 PM
The aim assist should not even exist in PVE, i think that this game actually with some tunning could have Esport application both improving the attractivness of playing it and making it more challengeing. Im a PC player so i guess i dont have a saying in this but trust me both the evolution of the game and the future of in it lies here. Cant Aim? Then learn ....

Slay
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
The aim assist should not even exist in PVE, i think that this game actually with some tunning could have Esport application both improving the attractivness of playing it and making it more challengeing. Im a PC player so i guess i dont have a saying in this but trust me both the evolution of the game and the future of in it lies here. Cant Aim? Then learn ....

I agree with you there should not be aim assist of any sort for PCs probably, but for consoles is what i'm suggesting. Seriously, all you had to do was read the thread.

Wee_murray05
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
I agree with you there should not be aim assist of any sort for PCs probably, but for consoles is what i'm suggesting. Seriously, all you had to do was read the thread.

I think we might be at the stage where expecting someone to read this whole thread is a bit much. Certainly they should be reading at least the first post but considering we are sitting at 200 separate posts, and most of these quite long ones, I think we can forgive people for not reading all of them.

Besides by posting they are keeping the thread on the front pages of the forums.

Slay
04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I think we might be at the stage where expecting someone to read this whole thread is a bit much. Certainly they should be reading at least the first post but considering we are sitting at 200 separate posts, and most of these quite long ones, I think we can forgive people for not reading all of them.

Besides by posting they are keeping the thread on the front pages of the forums.

It is said on the first post this is for consoles, even with big bold red text, lol. People still don't see to read it.

http://gyazo.com/ff4b62dc356da63a338658ca82b600da.png?1366681523

mista masta
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Honestly I feel like if anyone actually goes into a match, if you try and get kills only with an assault rifle (a short to medium range gun, covers a broad area) it should be getting you more kills than most weapons like short and only long range weapons, the fact this gun covers short and medium-long range it seems to be getting no kills on consoles, it's just way to hard to aim at people sprinting, rolling, bunny hopping, even walking...

I agree that the rifles r unblanced.. But adding aim assist will make blur and cloak pointless.. im not bashin cause i do see a point in it , but i turned it off in PvE. I enjoy the challenge and i do get kills in pvp with a sniper rifle. I think the rifles should he a lil stronger in PvP but no aim assist..juss think.. Aim assist with overcharge. Assist with rocket launchers detonators.. And i know it would be a light assist but assist is assist.. I feel slay but if the shoe is on the other foot.. Ur not gonna like it . No disrespect

PookLove
04-23-2013, 12:50 AM
I agree that the rifles r unblanced.. But adding aim assist will make blur and cloak pointless.. im not bashin cause i do see a point in it , but i turned it off in PvE. I enjoy the challenge and i do get kills in pvp with a sniper rifle. I think the rifles should he a lil stronger in PvP but no aim assist..juss think.. Aim assist with overcharge. Assist with rocket launchers detonators.. And i know it would be a light assist but assist is assist.. I feel slay but if the shoe is on the other foot.. Ur not gonna like it . No disrespect

Doesn't matter if you turn off aim assist in PVE, it's still there.

BaiorOfRed
04-23-2013, 10:27 AM

This.

Interesting to note, I use an assault rifle in shadow wars to get 80% of my kills and I always finish in the teens, sometimes in the 20s and 30s with less than 10 deaths. Granted, I have to fight HARD and run away a lot. Other interesting thing to note, despite PCs having a superior aiming system they still seem to have the problem of aim weapons (AR, LMG, ect) seeming weak compared to shotguns, detonators, ect. So clearly this has to do with gun balance.

fang1192
04-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I'd rather they buff anything that needs to be aimed and get rid of the ADS slowdown. Trion says they want a skill based game and PvP is all homing, AoE, or spread weapons and cloak.

Upinya Slayin
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
So after putting on Aim assist in PvE mode i'd have to give a big fat no to this idea. the magnetism is way too strong. i mean with LMGS i can spray and it grabs any character even remotely close and follows them.I can literally just unload a 100+ round clip and it keeps snapping me to the closest skittering. I jut think if they added this it would be people using only LMGS and it would be even ore luck based then now. especially when 6 bullet's from a LMG can end you.

Also saly, the gun i described earlier is the SAW, gully auto 111 round clip (with level 1 mod) over 400 damage, and pretty dam accruate as well. it would be way OP for MP with aim assist

Slay
04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I understand, but I will certainly disagree. If your opponent is not moving, my current assault rifle will kill him with a rhino shield within 1.3 seconds of fire... I think adding more damage to the assault rifle is not the best move to be honest.

So after putting on Aim assist in PvE mode i'd have to give a big fat no to this idea. the magnetism is way too strong. i mean with LMGS i can spray and it grabs any character even remotely close and follows them.I can literally just unload a 100+ round clip and it keeps snapping me to the closest skittering. I jut think if they added this it would be people using only LMGS and it would be even ore luck based then now. especially when 6 bullet's from a LMG can end you.

Also saly, the gun i described earlier is the SAW, gully auto 111 round clip (with level 1 mod) over 400 damage, and pretty dam accruate as well. it would be way OP for MP with aim assist

Didn't read lol.

greatdividers
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Seriously, all you had to do was read the thread.

Didn't read lol.

you can't be serious...

oh wait, you want aim assist in pvp. yeah nevermind

Slay
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
you can't be serious...

oh wait, you want aim assist in pvp. yeah nevermind

Erm... yeah the title of the thread is 'Add aim assist to PvP'... not sure what sarcasm you're intending...

greatdividers
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Erm... yeah the title of the thread is 'Add aim assist to PvP'... not sure what sarcasm you're intending...

i cannot explain what is between the lines in said post as i would likely be given a forum vacation.

on topic:

adding aim assist in pvp is a terrible idea for the reasons in post #206.

Upinya Slayin
04-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Sorry totally forgot what you wanted. you shouldn't call it aim assist. you should call it something else. also you can change the sensitivity n game and if you on;y want it lower you can get a controller that allows you to change the sensitivity and click it on when sniping

Slay
04-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Sorry totally forgot what you wanted. you shouldn't call it aim assist. you should call it something else. also you can change the sensitivity n game and if you on;y want it lower you can get a controller that allows you to change the sensitivity and click it on when sniping

I don't need to rename the thread to compensate for you not reading the contents of it. The thread title is also accurately named, I see no reason to rename it.

The current ingame sensitivity is a 'master' control, it is the only option, no offence but If I say to read the thread the first time, maybe read it before posting again, if you read it, I'll assume you don't understand it, so the reason I decide for aim assist is to compensate for the lack of sensitivity variation. I would like ADS sensitivity and regular sensitivity.

i cannot explain what is between the lines in said post as i would likely be given a forum vacation.

on topic:

adding aim assist in pvp is a terrible idea for the reasons in post #206.

You know the poster of post 206 didn't read the thread, right? He disagreed with the idea of aim assist without understanding what was intended, just like what you're doing right now.

Gratty
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Obviously it is difficult to hit someone that is rolling and jumping. They are evasive maneuvers... Why should it be easier to hit someone that is intentionally trying to avoid your shots? I am sorry, but you are asking for a crutch. If you cannot kill people because they roll and "bunny hop", go and try a different game like CoD or Halo. I agree with them needing to implement a separate sensitivity for ADS or zooming, but I strongly disagree with the need for a terrible crutch that only a novice would need to lean on. That is only my opinion, though.

Slay
04-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Obviously it is difficult to hit someone that is rolling and jumping. They are evasive maneuvers... Why should it be easier to hit someone that is intentionally trying to avoid your shots? I am sorry, but you are asking for a crutch. If you cannot kill people because they roll and "bunny hop", go and try a different game like CoD or Halo. I agree with them needing to implement a separate sensitivity for ADS or zooming, but I strongly disagree with the need for a terrible crutch that only a novice would need to lean on. That is only my opinion, though.

I'm not asking for a crutch, I never asked for snap. The method of aim assistance I suggested was to decrease sensitivity when aiming at a person. This is not a crutch, you're doing all the manual aiming yourself. I never said you should be able to hit someone rolling and jumping constantly, but I did say it was almost impossible to kill someone making these 'evasive maneuvers'. I never suggested for those evasive maneuvers to be useless, and if snap was enabled they probably would be useless, but I never suggested that.

Ps. I love Halo.

greatdividers
04-24-2013, 12:11 PM
The method of aim assistance I suggested was to decrease sensitivity when aiming at a person.

i don't really have a stance on this as i play on pc. but you should realize that what you're suggesting is that Trion develops a brand new aim assist from scratch. this won't happen. if they decided to add aim assist to pvp it would be the one that already exists in the game.

Slay
04-24-2013, 12:31 PM
i don't really have a stance on this as i play on pc. but you should realize that what you're suggesting is that Trion develops a brand new aim assist from scratch. this won't happen. if they decided to add aim assist to pvp it would be the one that already exists in the game.

Are you implying the developers will not do any work and are lazy? I think I will disagree. Not because this idea may not be accepted, but they seem to have made the game in the first place. I really doubt it would be hard.

Effort required:
If your player is looking at an enemy, then the crosshairs turn red.

Modification required for this idea:
If your player is looking at an enemy, then the crosshairs turn red and aim sensitivity is 0.70x.

greatdividers
04-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Are you implying the developers will not do any work and are lazy? I think I will disagree. Not because this idea may not be accepted, but they seem to have made the game in the first place. Takes work, you see.

i had no idea creating a game takes work. unfortunately, so does maintaining one. which is significantly more important then adding creating a brand new version of something they already have that only effects about 5% of the entire playerbase.

Slay
04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
i had no idea creating a game takes work. unfortunately, so does maintaining one. which is significantly more important then adding creating a brand new version of something they already have that only effects about 5% of the entire playerbase.

I edited my post before you replied. Re read it.
5% of people whom play Defiance have played PvP? Nice statistic, where'd it come from? Your ***?

Upinya Slayin
04-24-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't need to rename the thread to compensate for you not reading the contents of it. The thread title is also accurately named, I see no reason to rename it.

The current ingame sensitivity is a 'master' control, it is the only option, no offence but If I say to read the thread the first time, maybe read it before posting again, if you read it, I'll assume you don't understand it, so the reason I decide for aim assist is to compensate for the lack of sensitivity variation. I would like ADS sensitivity and regular sensitivity.

You know the poster of post 206 didn't read the thread, right? He disagreed with the idea of aim assist without understanding what was intended, just like what you're doing right now.

Since your kind of being a jerk here i'll give you an appropriate response. stop trying to make them change the game to help you out because you are having issues. AS I STATED BEFORE get a customer controller then that allows you to adjust sensitivity for when you snipe or just you know learn to snipe or use something else.

Also aim assist is ALREADY A FEATURE IN THE GAME and does something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN YOU WANT. it would be like me saying they should add an ADS mode but when you press the button it snaps to somebody's head, thats not ADS thats an aim bot. Things have a name for a reason. what you want is more of a sniper mode or a scope sensitivity option

Slay
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Since your kind of being a jerk here i'll give you an appropriate response. stop trying to make them change the game to help you out because you are having issues. AS I STATED BEFORE get a customer controller then that allows you to adjust sensitivity for when you snipe or just you know learn to snipe or use something else.

Also aim assist is ALREADY A FEATURE IN THE GAME and does something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN YOU WANT. it would be like me saying they should add an ADS mode but when you press the button it snaps to somebody's head, thats not ADS thats an aim bot. Things have a name for a reason. what you want is more of a sniper mode or a scope sensitivity option

Not my fault you got mad at some facts. What I said was true and explicit in the text. The way I said it meant no offence to you, and my intention wasn't to point fingers at you for not reading the text. That's why I said the posted of post 206, not your name. He incorrectly agreed with your facts which was an incorrect response due to not reading. Your fault, and you get mad because I tried sparing your feelings. No problem, I'm not going to be a jerk back anyways, just clearing this up.

Nice to see you've joined the others saying 'lern 2 snip'.

Upinya Slayin
04-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Not my fault you got mad at some facts. What I said was true and explicit in the text. The way I said it meant no offence to you, and my intention wasn't to point fingers at you for not reading the text. That's why I said the posted of post 206, not your name. He incorrectly agreed with your facts which was an incorrect response due to not reading. Your fault, and you get mad because I tried sparing your feelings. No problem, I'm not going to be a jerk back anyways, just clearing this up.

Nice to see you've joined the others saying 'lern 2 snip'.

ok i'll make it simple, i don't agree with changing the game to benefit you.

Slay
04-24-2013, 06:59 PM

I already understood what you said. Never said I didn't understand what you said... I said there's no reason in getting mad at something not meant to be offensive to you.

Upinya Slayin
04-24-2013, 08:06 PM
I already understood what you said. Never said I didn't understand what you said... I said there's no reason in getting mad at something not meant to be offensive to you.

I'm not getting mad. i'm calmly disagreeing with you. If i was mad i'd write something like "OMG L2P N00B"

nuarblack
04-25-2013, 04:43 AM
I'll buy the "learn 2 play" line when someone on console posts a video of going 15-2 or better relying on a sniper rifle. Not some junk where they get a handful of sniper kills and the rest from a shotgun. A legitimate sniper video. Cause I can do the 5 or 6 sniper head shot kills, some on jumping and running targets my self. So impress me. Cause I could easily do a shotgun video like that if I had the ability to record my matches.

That being said I would like to see some tweaks to ADS and scoping before a full blown aim assist, however you want to define it. Like I have said before as well as others, a separate sensitivity slider would be a great start.

PookLove
04-25-2013, 05:01 AM

That's because you use a shotgun and its hard to miss point blank.

Upinya Slayin
04-25-2013, 08:39 AM
I'll buy the "learn 2 play" line when someone on console posts a video of going 15-2 or better relying on a sniper rifle. Not some junk where they get a handful of sniper kills and the rest from a shotgun. A legitimate sniper video. Cause I can do the 5 or 6 sniper head shot kills, some on jumping and running targets my self. So impress me. Cause I could easily do a shotgun video like that if I had the ability to record my matches.

That being said I would like to see some tweaks to ADS and scoping before a full blown aim assist, however you want to define it. Like I have said before as well as others, a separate sensitivity slider would be a great start.

Sniping takes more skill then the shotgunning and is harder to do. its part of the game becuase your also at less risk being so far away

Upinya Slayin
04-25-2013, 08:40 AM

Then why are the people who shotgun me missing me point blank?

Zantros
04-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Personally, I don't like Aim Assist.. It actually hinders my aim more than helping.. Especially when I am strafing to line up the target, but the reticule refuses to move left/right with me.. Instead it wants to stick over the left/right shoulder.. This is an issue when your sensitivity will send the crosshair to the opposite side with a slight nudge.. Even when I disabled it in the options, the magnetism lingers.. I wish Turn Off Aim Assist actually meant TURN IT OFF.. I don't like magnets.. I don't know how they work and it makes targeting unpredictable..

greatdividers
04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Even when I disabled it in the options, the magnetism lingers.. I wish Turn Off Aim Assist actually meant TURN IT OFF..

can i have some of what you're smoking?

Zantros
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm referring to the issues plaguing the PVE Aim Assist.. I don't want it in PVP too..

Also...

NO SMOKES FOR YOU!

Mynx
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM

Example here:

no aim assist needs to be added nore should be added, trion may as well just let everyone aimbot if they add this

Irres169
04-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Please no, it's annoying enough in the PVE, in PVP it would be pointless.
This game is advertised as "skill-based".

OP if you are having trouble with the default controller for either platform, there are other options before asking for an essential nerf.
try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Fragfx-Shark-V2013-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B00ADQBKO6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366915778&sr=8-1&keywords=fragfx

Slay
04-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Please no, it's annoying enough in the PVE, in PVP it would be pointless.
This game is advertised as "skill-based".

OP if you are having trouble with the default controller for either platform, there are other options before asking for an essential nerf.
try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Fragfx-Shark-V2013-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B00ADQBKO6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366915778&sr=8-1&keywords=fragfx

There's nothing wrong with the way I play if that's the reason you believe I created this thread. The game was never advertised as skill based, don't know where you got that statistic. It's advertised as having multiplayer and is an MMO, likewise I don't know how decreasing sensitivity takes away your skill to aim at a person. The aim assist in PvE is not what i'm suggesting so that's a bad comparison.

no aim assist needs to be added nore should be added, trion may as well just let everyone aimbot if they add this

No response other than that's completely over exaggerated.

Irres169
04-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Really? You have never heard this called a "skill-based MMO" in all the hype before it was released, or the dev interviews, or reviews?
:D
In fact they justify the horizontal leveling of the weapons because of this.

Slay
04-25-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm not getting mad. i'm calmly disagreeing with you. If i was mad i'd write something like "OMG L2P N00B"

learn to snipe

Then why are the people who shotgun me missing me point blank?

Slay
04-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Really? You have never heard this called a "skill-based MMO" in all the hype before it was released, or the dev interviews, or reviews?
:D
In fact they justify the horizontal leveling of the weapons because of this.

No. I haven't actually. Why is there the strongest snap aim assist in PvE then anyways? That's debatable but i'll just take your word and probably agree it might have been advertised that way but I've never seen the advertisements like such.

Irres169
04-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I actually agree with your statement that Aim assist shouldn't exist at all, in either mode. I have turned it off in PVE. (I'm an old pc gamer FPS/TPS guy myself)

But unfortunately, it is a well established norm in console world, thank you COD :P. AS the default controllers are not as quick as a mouse. I invested in my FragFX a while back (this is my 2nd one). :) IT's a more natural feel for me, and snap aim based on other games can get really frustrating because it closes the gap between good players and lesser players.

I get you are not asking for snap aim, but more of a sticky when over the target as spinning...but look into the controller I suggested if you don't mind spending the cash...it will surprise you. You will realize there is no need to change the game. :)

nuarblack
04-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Sniping takes more skill then the shotgunning and is harder to do. its part of the game becuase your also at less risk being so far away

Only having 2 deaths is not much risk. I had a 13-0 game last night so no deaths at all so I'm not seeing the risk. Sniping is a huge risk as scoping limits your environmental awareness. Plus every cloak shotgunner and their dog are looking for the easy kills by sneaking up and shotgunning a sniper in the back. Throw in the fact that the current maps have like 4 decent sniper spots and it makes it easy for cloakers to zero in and take you out.

Granted this is a map issue too. But it still feels like a double standard. If shotgunners give you a problem It is just "learn 2 play." If snipers want a little buff everyone shouts them down cause they don't want to have to learn to play and deal with snipers. Only want to have to worry about what is right in front of them. Cause I sure don't worry about snipers when I'm running my shotgun load out. Unless I happen to notice one and decide I want a free kill.

PookLove
04-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I actually agree with your statement that Aim assist shouldn't exist at all, in either mode. I have turned it off in PVE. (I'm an old pc gamer FPS/TPS guy myself)

But unfortunately, it is a well established norm in console world, thank you COD :P. AS the default controllers are not as quick as a mouse. I invested in my FragFX a while back (this is my 2nd one). :) IT's a more natural feel for me, and snap aim based on other games can get really frustrating because it closes the gap between good players and lesser players.

I get you are not asking for snap aim, but more of a sticky when over the target as spinning...but look into the controller I suggested if you don't mind spending the cash...it will surprise you. You will realize there is no need to change the game. :)

You can still feel the aim assist in PVE even with it 'disabled'. And I'd love for you to post a video of you playing with a sniper and/or AR in PVP.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
im back on call of duty already. lol

Slay
04-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Like I said already, I have no problem with playing the game. I created this thread because I felt there needed to be aim assist, for lack of weapon balance, not because i'm bad. If it really concerns you because I've already said It's not because of gameplay, I've never gone negative in PvP competative yet and typically get atleast 4.0 KDR in Shadow war (Usually 1st place). I have no problems. Also, I play on the Xbox not the PS3 so I have no need for that controller, nor should anyone have to buy an accessory for lack of aim assist/joystick precision.

SOUL TECHNIQUE
04-25-2013, 08:14 PM
You can still feel the aim assist in PVE even with it 'disabled'. And I'd love for you to post a video of you playing with a sniper and/or AR in PVP.

yo thats what i wanna see. videos. show me proof before words.

Slay
04-26-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm interested also.

PookLove
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
im back on call of duty already. lol

Sadly, people can say what they want about COD about as far as console goes it's the only game that runs at 60FPS and the gun balance is pretty nice.(BO2)

Slay
04-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Sadly, people can say what they want about COD about as far as console goes it's the only game that runs at 60FPS and the gun balance is pretty nice.(BO2)

All consoles run constant 30FPS, and I would honestly disagree and say there's better games with better weapon balance.
Anyways I think we're getting off topic when it comes to Aim assist.

PookLove
04-26-2013, 11:01 PM
All consoles run constant 30FPS, and I would honestly disagree and say there's better games with better weapon balance.
Anyways I think we're getting off topic when it comes to Aim assist.

No most console games run 30FPS(Defy/Halo/GOW) however there are a few games that run 60 FPS(Rage/CODs)

http://gamingbolt.com/7-60-fps-ps3-xbox-360-games-to-look-forward-to

Anyways back to the topic.

Slay
04-27-2013, 02:35 PM
No most console games run 30FPS(Defy/Halo/GOW) however there are a few games that run 60 FPS(Rage/CODs)

http://gamingbolt.com/7-60-fps-ps3-xbox-360-games-to-look-forward-to

Anyways back to the topic.

Someone told me they run on 30. Thanks for clarification.

Bumping for more Aim assist discussion

l7lGreedl7l
04-27-2013, 08:11 PM
I have no problems in pvp I do very well I say leave it like it is.

Slay
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I have no problems in pvp I do very well I say leave it like it is.

What do you play, competative or shadow war?

Stickybuds
04-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Isn't it ironic that the OP points out the inferiority of console gaming yet has to ask for game developers assistance... ie don't blame the software for the hardware's flaws... And I could never understand why PC users like to use a ps3/xbox360 controller for their PC gaming when my Epic Naga mouse is far more accurate and has way more buttons!

But having said that I don't remember having any problems aiming with those console controllers. I do now because I'm out of practice, so I know what the OP means and I'm guessing he just needs to practice more or simply doesn't have the time or patience required to be really good at it, that's just life man... we can't all be pro's at everything.