PDA

View Full Version : A slight worry

Ghaztha
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Hey folk

Am not long in the tooth when it comes to Defiance, It's all looking rather awesome with the TV show and Game gonna come out soon i decided to take the plunge and get the UE. Anyway my only worry is the slight lack in different places, every time i see a video its always the same kind of environment can we expect to see forest and deserts etc when it goes live or is that something to expect from expansions?

Paladin
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Hey folk

Am not long in the tooth when it comes to Defiance, It's all looking rather awesome with the TV show and Game gonna come out soon i decided to take the plunge and get the UE. Anyway my only worry is the slight lack in different places, every time i see a video its always the same kind of environment can we expect to see forest and deserts etc when it goes live or is that something to expect from expansions?
I'd hope so, I really think they didn't just post the NA map just for lore.

Duskguy
03-03-2013, 04:04 PM
no idea. current setting is california.

being that it is linked to a show, perhaps as the season progresses or the next season new areas will open up.

also i believe they are only showing certain areas in the live streams, which could be why they all look the same.

iiReLaX o
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey folk

I'm sorry but what does "not long in the tooth" mean?

Back on-topic though. But there are supposed to be various locations. (That's what I heard.)

Desidus
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Hey folk

It should be a fairly big world so I would imagine the areas look a bit different. If I remember right isn't the starting tutorial area a little more foresty?

Dead_Phoenix
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM

means he hasnt been around that long.

but back to topic. they have already mentioned many new maps locations for expansions. and there is art floting around with more of a snowy and mountainious regions.

so i would guess more future expansions most likly

Ghaztha
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Just another way of saying am a noob :)

A s0t
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
i asked that in the FAQ thread it is the weekend, i hope they answer Monday.

TR GunPlay
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm sure the final product is huge and has a good amount of different terrain, not to mention all the possible DLC

A s0t
03-04-2013, 12:06 AM
yeah Rokkwolf said under NDA

Rokkrwolf
03-04-2013, 12:10 AM
If there was such areas I'm sure they would show you guys but a lot of it is still under NDA as mentioned. If it's not on the current map then it is possible to see such things in expansions.

Prophet of Entropy
03-04-2013, 12:18 AM
one thing about not having been in a beta or alpha is a can say what i want :P

they've mentioned they currently have 2 main terrain types, im sure more will come, thier "california" type areas which are supposed to look more earth like and thier "desert" which is supposed to be more alien in feel.

Fiancee
03-04-2013, 01:10 AM
maybe they dont want to ruin your surprise?