PDA

View Full Version : Losing interest.

Russ
04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Anyone got any idea's on how to keep this fresh? Or at least entertaining?

I'm at 536 now, done the main story, not bad, not great, but not bad. I just feel I've got nothing else to do now other than run around searching for data recorders, and that bloody Reservoir Chickens. I really like the concept of the game, and kudos for them for trying it, but really, I'm getting bored. The sense of community is poor, until such time as communication actually works, and I'm struggling to get past the fact that, in theory, you never have to change your weapon from the ones you get in the tutorial.

Like I say, I like the whole concept of the game, and I do want to keep playing, but I feel theres no reason to.

Does anyone have any ideas, from what their doing personally, on how to keep this interesting to me?

JoeyP42
04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
I've done the entire main story, AND every single side mission, so i definitely feel for you man. Even the Arkfalls have got boring. So i guess i will focus on all the challenges/pursuits or whatever and try to get some cool titles and armor(even though i bought the sweet purpleish armor from the Defiance Store).

Solo
04-09-2013, 05:52 PM
you guys play the game to much lmao jk jk

A s0t
04-09-2013, 05:54 PM
[redacted]

Shark
04-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Aren't they going to be adding new content as the show kicks off?

A s0t
04-09-2013, 05:58 PM
aren't they going to be adding new content as the show kicks off?
[redacted]

ranger2410
04-09-2013, 06:01 PM

yeah, each patch will probably add an hour or so of playtime.

Mack
04-09-2013, 06:02 PM
At lv 948 right now beat almost everything in the game so far 51/104 pursuits done theres no player base for this game at all also they need to add voice chat proximity instead of stupid chatpad for consoles no one communicates, theirs trading but no economy at all, and pvp is horrible compared to most of the other shooters their competing with.

Russ
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
So really, this thing is gonna die in no time, what could of been something really impressive just isn't up to the task and its gonna be done in a month or two?

That seems to be pretty much what we're all thinking here.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Wait until the 15th for the new patch, or at least until they reveal patch notes. But I would reccommend changing the weapon you have if you are still using the ones from the tutorials or lower levels, because leveling new weapons is the only way to level the skill of that weapon.

You also have PvP in front of you, and I must say that shadow wars is were it is to play. You see the most potential from that game mode over 6v6 and 8v8s. Then there is PvE Coop matches, were a very fun and can offer some unique outfits and challenges. Then of course all of the pursuits from Season One. Plenty of things to do before the patch on the 15th, and they will not stop supporting this community this short in the month, let alone this young into the games life.

Russ
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Done all the co-ops apart from Cronkrite, which appears to still be bugged, and the pvp is nothing compared to other games out there. And of course I've changed my weapons, what I'm saying is, in theory you don't need to, changing your weapon doesn't really make THAT much difference, not in the way it should do.

therokito
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
there are a ton of pursuits to do, have fun with those, be a completionist!

Mack
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Done all the co-ops apart from Cronkrite, which appears to still be bugged, and the pvp is nothing compared to other games out there. And of course I've changed my weapons, what I'm saying is, in theory you don't need to, changing your weapon doesn't really make THAT much difference, not in the way it should do.

They need to create a voice chat proximity this game isnt even a MMO its just a big open world with monsters everywhere not people.

ranger2410
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM

That requires it to be fun.

Mack
04-09-2013, 06:25 PM
That requires it to be fun.

I've done 51/104 pursuits, and you're right it wasn't fun i don't even know how i did it the **** was miserable. And im giving this game a huge chance but i'll be dissapointed if it continues down the same road it is now.

A s0t
04-09-2013, 06:30 PM
done all the co-ops apart from cronkrite, which appears to still be bugged, and the pvp is nothing compared to other games out there. And of course i've changed my weapons, what i'm saying is, in theory you don't need to, changing your weapon doesn't really make that much difference, not in the way it should do.[redacted]

Midori Oku
04-09-2013, 06:47 PM

Agreed^

I won't "stop" until I have completed everything, and even then I won't really stop playing. Everything from EGO levels, pursuits, weapon skill levels, vehicle skill levels, to even getting the best weapons/shields (until new ones are released) in the game. I just hope that some future weapons and stuff take lots of grinding to get. Having epic gear with a well below a 0% chance of dropping like PSU would be nice. It's something to work for.

Edit: Once the show starts more things will show up in game. It's going to be interesting to see how it all turns out. :3

Mentalist
04-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Agreed^

I won't "stop" until I have completed everything, and even then I won't really stop playing. Everything from EGO levels, pursuits, weapon skill levels, vehicle skill levels, to even getting the best weapons/shields (until new ones are released) in the game. I just hope that some future weapons and stuff take lots of grinding to get. Having epic gear with a well below a 0% chance of dropping like PSU would be nice. It's something to work for.

Edit: Once the show starts more things will show up in game. It's going to be interesting to see how it all turns out. :3

Well said midori! good ol PSU grinding!

Midori Oku
04-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Well said midori! good ol PSU grinding!

Yay for doing 837 runs of Seabed Echos and never finding an Iritista Spellstone! \o/

But in all seriousness, it would be nice to actually have items that are considered rare. They don't exactly have to have extremely low drop rates like PSU, or other MMO's, but it would be nice to have stuff that you just don't see someone with every day.

CrackRoc
04-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I hope they do some kinda way to choose to be good or bad n make it open world pvp n some duel option or game die except to **** who like to do repeat **** all day but as far as pvp need to tighten that **** up

fitgamer
04-09-2013, 07:02 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!!!

Wait until first HUGE content patch, should be around launch of TV series. I have already heard it stated patch notes are around 8 pages. It isn't against the norm to have a lot of gameplay mechanics and game stuff in general changed after 2-4 weeks after launch. All MMOs do a first content patch that soon. Just make sure to keep posting feedback so these content patches can be the best for us players!

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 07:04 PM

I'm at 536 now, done the main story, not bad, not great, but not bad. I just feel I've got nothing else to do now other than run around searching for data recorders, and that bloody Reservoir Chickens. I really like the concept of the game, and kudos for them for trying it, but really, I'm getting bored. The sense of community is poor, until such time as communication actually works, and I'm struggling to get past the fact that, in theory, you never have to change your weapon from the ones you get in the tutorial.

Like I say, I like the whole concept of the game, and I do want to keep playing, but I feel theres no reason to.

Does anyone have any ideas, from what their doing personally, on how to keep this interesting to me?

almost same exact EGO level, and had about the same exact post. no idea what to do. let me know if you find what the answer is. Only interests I had after beating the main story was to get some cool armor and after unlocking scrapworks and getting the armor the first time, I find half the co-op missions arent really worth a replay and the only other outfit I wanted to unlock I cant do the instance for it because it's bugged. So I went back to playing Resident Evil 6 of all games. Yep.

Mentalist
04-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Yay for doing 837 runs of Seabed Echos and never finding an Iritista Spellstone! \o/

But in all seriousness, it would be nice to actually have items that are considered rare. They don't exactly have to have extremely low drop rates like PSU, or other MMO's, but it would be nice to have stuff that you just don't see someone with every day.

agreed. as of right now theres not much of variety either. or atleast as much as were use to coming from psu

Digital Tetsuo
04-09-2013, 07:22 PM

i suggest helping other players-itll give you something to do,help the games community,and net you some loot,scrip,and resource that will most likely come in handy in the future with updates and DLCs. thats what im doing-im even forming a mercenary clan for that very purpose with the added bonus of fees being paid to the members by those seeking help. if youre interested xH4Hx Heroes 4 Hire is available, just reach me here or on my GT

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
i suggest helping other players-itll give you something to do,help the games community,and net you some loot,scrip,and resource that will most likely come in handy in the future with updates and DLCs. thats what im doing-im even forming a mercenary clan for that very purpose with the added bonus of fees being paid to the members by those seeking help. if youre interested xH4Hx Heroes 4 Hire is available, just reach me here or on my GT

idk if I tend to play at weird times or what, but I think it's funny that the PC folks are all about oh yeah man we've been playing MMOs forever you console folks dont know what a MMO launch is, yet I play on the PC and I swear, there's never anybody online. I see so few people no matter what area I'm in. Even if I wanted to help folks out, I couldnt find them TO help them out. Which is crazy. Feel like most of the folks are ironically playing on xbox 360 (or so it seems) which is also interesting because I believe they've been having most of the biggest issues.

but these are just observations, I don't know if they're all 100% accurate. Just what I've seen.

but nice of you to help out the new guys. Just wish I could find anyone.

Digital Tetsuo
04-09-2013, 07:33 PM
the way i think it works is you only see players A.in town hubs B.on quests you both are engaged in at around the same point and possibly C.friends and clan mates. also some servers are more populated than others. this MAY be the reason as most people ive played alongside i met on here or were already on my friends list

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 07:38 PM
the way i think it works is you only see players A.in town hubs B.on quests you both are engaged in at around the same point and possibly C.friends and clan mates. also some servers are more populated than others. this MAY be the reason as most people ive played alongside i met on here or were already on my friends list

right, and it just so happens no one ever is in the same area doing the same quests, so i fight mob after mob after mob completely alone. even soloed some arkfalls. which is never fun.

bigbill666
04-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Yea this game is kind of a joke. THere's a lot of potential but no lasting appeal. For an MMO lasting appeal is what matters. How can I be so BORED of a game that's sole purpose is to be played for hundreds of hours?
I liked what I've played so far but I fell there's really nothing worth doing. Every mission could be summed up as go here, hold X, go here, hold X, shoot shoot, collect crappy reward, Rinse and repeat. And honestly how come the voice acting and story is so bland? Since the story is so unmemorable I simply will not care for the TV show AT ALL. Seems like a lot of hype, and not a lot of substance, and I know most other people agree with me ( excluding boot licker ofc). I wanted to like this game but I just see no point in playing it anymore. but w/e they got my money so they prolly dont give a **** lmao. Who knows, maybe there'll be decent stuff added with the april 15th patch, cause if there isn't some SERIOUS tweaks to this game it's just gonna sink(I.E. make the perks NOT suck, make the most of the guns NOT suck, make the PVP NOT suck, and add some god damn lasting appeal, instead of having everything come to a screeching halt at ego 500)

I love the game I really do, I'm just disappointed with what I'm left with at this point, ABSOLUTELY nothing to look forward too IN GAME, other than a patch that prolly won't add anything significant.
Defiance IS doomed to fail miserably unless Trion make some pretty heavy changes.

P.S. If you use a shot gun in PVP you literally should go kill urself, you have no SKILL what so ever.

Sneaktastic
04-09-2013, 08:12 PM
yea dude i recommend staying with it i mean there is still pvp there is still co op maps which you can get some loot from even though i do agree with the fact you really dont need to change your weapon i have a feeling everyone is missing something with the weapon system not sure what i just feel like there is more to it also you can do certain stuff to get better armor and such also they will be releasing patches that will add more content also every week they will be adding a new set of missions based on the tv show so i mean there is something there i believe we all need to just find it

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 08:20 PM
so i mean there is something there i believe we all need to just find it

haha, honestly not trolling, but that statement right there is never what I want to hear about the positive qualities in any form of entertainment. I do not want to have to search for what exactly it is I should be doing or enjoying.

We are aware of the things that you listed, problem is, it's not enough currently. It is very easy to burn through all the content in a week, and we still have another week before any more content comes out, and it's not even going to equate to what was already released. So it too will be disposed of quite quickly.

No such thing as better armor, just different textures.

Tlasan
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM
i hear theres this thing called the sun....oh and trees. theres something else called air and its all outside! imagine! going outside !

Russ
04-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Agreed, bleu

May form a clan for people like us..... "The Discontent Mass"....oh that's right, theres no point since we can't communicate with each other even if I did...

/Grin

Russ
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
i hear theres this thing called the sun....oh and trees. theres something else called air and its all outside! imagine! going outside !

Pretty stupid thing to say when you're playing the same game we are...

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM

ah the beauty of irrelevant posts.

Xepher
04-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I think the reason most people on the 360 feel this way is most of the games we have on the console have a deeper and easyer to follow (If you don't want to read) and have some big twist so geting an MMO ending with most of the time is lackluster ending may upset a few people, and not geting epic weapons/sheilds (by epic I just mean REALLY good) Could get under some peoples skin myself included. I'm a CoD freak and love Halo for the story but also games like Sacred 2 and all final fantasy games. So I can deal with grinding for hours (Sacred 2) and don't mind a text heavy game (Final fantasy). I do agree with the weapons needing to be upscaled to EGO levels. Oh and I dident mean to offend anyone if I did.

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I think the reason most people on the 360 feel this way is most of the games we have on the console have a deeper and easyer to follow (If you don't want to read) and have some big twist so geting an MMO ending with most of the time is lackluster ending may upset a few people, and not geting epic weapons/sheilds (by epic I just mean REALLY good) Could get under some peoples skin myself included. I'm a CoD freak and love Halo for the story but also games like Sacred 2 and all final fantasy games. So I can deal with grinding for hours (Sacred 2) and don't mind a text heavy game (Final fantasy). I do agree with the weapons needing to be upscaled to EGO levels. Oh and I dident mean to offend anyone if I did.

I honestly have never seen someone insert an e in didn't.

Digital Tetsuo
04-09-2013, 08:53 PM

<<<Sacred 2 veteran(top 100 Shadow Warrior) with an ungodly 500+ hours across multiple toons

if you played THAT game you have nothing to worry about as far as being bored with Defiance. lol loved that game but lvl grinding eventually was the POINT of playing

davjones
04-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Agreed^

I just hope that some future weapons and stuff take lots of grinding to get. Having epic gear with a well below a 0% chance of dropping like PSU would be nice. It's something to work for.

They do not need to add that. Believe me I have played games where they had that. its not fun. I don't mind working for upgrades and new gear. However 1% drop rates are just stupid I have a singleplayer game where its got that and the items you need to be able to actually progress through the game have 1 % drop rates. Games have failed because of that system.

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
if you guys completed everything then leave and come back when new content has been added, and yes you guys do play the game to much.

illwill112
04-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Another useless thread about being bored or hating the game. IF you bored play somthing else. You don't like it then go play somthing else. Dont mean to be rude but the these threads are a dime a dozen on every MMO that comes out. People will never be happy or satisfied. Every MMO that comes out has these threads.

They should just make one thread and sticky it up top for people just to complain.

Ynot
04-12-2013, 04:13 AM
Why does this HAVE to be the only game you play (or thing u do)? Just like any game you beat. Stop playing, start again if/when they put out DLC. People make things bigger then they have to be. STOP being entitled. Its a game, play if u like it or dont... they are not charging u a monthly fee... if u think u beat the game , well then good for u.... now go do somthing eles... its simple... if u dont come back we wount miss u

AllDay
04-12-2013, 06:37 AM
well, im getting boarded too, wait for Bungie's Destiny.

sushiking89
04-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Isnt this the problem for all MMO? Everything gets stale and boring after a while until they add in new content? I only played WoW so I dealt with this boredom before but it would be nice to have some more social aspect to it like proximity chatting and such. I Havnt gotten too far(I think) but is there like a main hub where people hang out once you get closer to the end? or are they making something of that sort later on the game, kind of like capitals?

sushiking89
04-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Why does this HAVE to be the only game you play (or thing u do)? Just like any game you beat. Stop playing, start again if/when they put out DLC. People make things bigger then they have to be. STOP being entitled. Its a game, play if u like it or dont... they are not charging u a monthly fee... if u think u beat the game , well then good for u.... now go do somthing eles... its simple... if u dont come back we wount miss u

Haha ya exactly, you dont need to play this religiously (even though it's really fun). I watch TV,exercise, Play Bioshock and some Nino Kuni to catch a break from this game. Obviously this doesnt answer many of the issues of the game but give it a break.

Gonz0
04-12-2013, 07:39 AM

First of all wait for the patch on Monday. Lots of stuff will be fixed, including in game voice chat.

Join a clan.

Maybe take a break for a day? I don't know how much you play but I played a lot the first couple days and taking a break for a day to see real people helped, haha.

Also DLC soon and I think its free. Don't quote me though.

Gonz0
04-12-2013, 07:40 AM
you guys play the game to much lmao jk jk

Why are you in 360 fourms? PS3 not have enough people?

EVOKnight
04-12-2013, 08:27 AM

On your note about PVP not being better than other games out there.

Defiance is more enjoyable than

Gears Judgement
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Call of Duty
Halo 4

When I say enjoyable Im not talking about graphics or polish but simply fun factor. Yeah I get wasted because of weapon unbalance but the pacing and variety of weapons and ability to move in and out of PVE and PVP seemlessly is excelent.
With more maps and refinement I belive that PVP will get even better