PDA

View Full Version : how do synergy mods work

Justridonus
04-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Like if a synergy mods says +5% melee dmg and + 10% melee dmg and the bottom it says +0.30 aim accuracy what happens if I equip it and how does it work.

Parabola
04-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Like if a synergy mods says +5% melee dmg and + 10% melee dmg and the bottom it says +0.30 aim accuracy what happens if I equip it and how does it work.

I'm not too sure about this, but I think that it is perk specific.
Possibly even about your character class and title.
Maybe all of them...

Russ
04-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Just as an example, lets say you find a Synergy: Veteran and (I'm just making this up now I cant remember what the real set bonuses are) you've got {2} +5% melee damage, {3} 10% melee damage, and {4} whatever the hell% of whatever. if you equip 2 Veteran doodads at once, you get +5% melee damage. and 3, and 4, but in order to maintain those bonuses, you have to keep all 4 Synergys equipt at once. so if you HAVE all 4, and then change one piece, you drop to 3...unless you've got 2 on 1 piece, and then you drop to 2.....

Don't think I've been very clear with that but I think you get the basic idea. basically whichever bonus you want you have to be using that many pieces of that synergy set at once.

Russ
04-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Sorry about that.

Justridonus
04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for trying to help I think I understand now, so I appreciate the effort.

Daos Draxon
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe the way it works is that you have to attach the same kind of synergy mods to the weapon in order for the bonus to take effect.

For example:

FRC Assault Carbine
Synergy:Veteran
[1]+5% DMG on Crit
[2]+10% DMG on Crit
[3]2% EGO power recharge on Crit Kill
[4]4% EGO power recharge on Crit Kill

In order to get the bonuses on the fictional gun above you would have to equip a Synergy:Veteran mod for every bonus that you want to be active. The numbers in brackets eg. [1], is the number of synergy mods of the same name that need to be attached to the gun in order to gain that bonus.

At least I think that's how it works, lol.

Tango80
04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe the way it works is that you have to attach the same kind of synergy mods to the weapon in order for the bonus to take effect.

For example:

FRC Assault Carbine
Synergy:Veteran
[1]+5% DMG on Crit
[2]+10% DMG on Crit
[3]2% EGO power recharge on Crit Kill
[4]4% EGO power recharge on Crit Kill

In order to get the bonuses on the fictional gun above you would have to equip a Synergy:Veteran mod for every bonus that you want to be active. The numbers in brackets eg. [1], is the number of synergy mods of the same name that need to be attached to the gun in order to gain that bonus.

At least I think that's how it works, lol.

This is how it works. Just remember that synergy mods are similar to their regular white mods if you want a specific mod like recoil reduction you got to have one that says recoil reduction and it must have the specific synergy stat like veteran.

RoP707
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
synergy mods work the same as everything else put you get set bonuses for the more mods of the same type you have slotted into a weapon. tango's example is correct as fas as i have seen. as for getting brutal mods 80% of the tame for the lockboxes i have no explanation lol

RoP707
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
also has anyone gotten any purple or orange mods yet the highest ive seen are the III (light blue) ones

Daos Draxon
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for confirming Tango. I've never used the system myself and never had it explained to me. It was really just a guess for me, lol. Seemed like it was the way it would work.

Elastik Spastik
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks i get it too now :)