PDA

View Full Version : World Bosses

pieofdeath123
03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
A lot of mmos have world bosses that are super hard, and almost impossible to kill alone. Do you think Defiance will have any? and if it does do you think they will be world events on will have a spawn time in certain areas?

Paladin
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Isn't the giant robot on the Golden Gate Bridge in the trailers one?

Halcyon
03-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Yea, there are world bosses, world bosses are at the end of the major arkfalls. Also, there have been bosses during the coop maps that have been shown.

Scrablor
03-03-2013, 08:28 PM
[Removed Post Information]

pieofdeath123
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Thats cool to know and the robot at the golden gate bridge was the only i have seen but i didn't remember how big or strong it was

Shadow2400
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Thats cool to know and the robot at the golden gate bridge was the only i have seen but i didn't remember how big or strong it was

Isnt this boss part of a multistage arkfalls? If there are "world bosses" will they like reset every hour? Or will they spawn i everytime a group starts the event?

blindingglint
03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Yea, there are world bosses, world bosses are at the end of the major arkfalls. Also, there have been bosses during the coop maps that have been shown.

I was wondering though...on the live stream last Friday they would go from one arkfall straight to another one and it didn't seem to tough of a fight? I know they scale with how many ppl are in the area helping..but as a world boss it didn't seem to tough? Anybody know how they work? Are there always arkfalls in the world? Are they progressive as in start at one and once u do so many then it ends at the main arkfall

Midniteryu
03-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Looking forward to that fight on the gold gate bridge.

Enrg Bar
03-03-2013, 08:37 PM
i honestly dont remember them fighting a world boss from the arkfall in the live stream! i saw the medium ones but not the big ginormous one they show in the teaser trailer or the live action trailer.

Super_Jagerman
03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
The more bosses, the better.

chaoswolf
03-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Looking forward to that fight on the gold gate bridge.

yes !!!! :)

TR GunPlay
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
The more bosses the better. Thats just more chances for ego points and loot

Enrg Bar
03-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Definately!!

Desidus
03-03-2013, 08:58 PM
not to mention some unique battles and maybe a really good challenge!

Enrg Bar
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
not to mention some unique battles and maybe a really good challenge!
All very good things to look forward too!

Dead_Phoenix
03-04-2013, 01:38 AM
yes there will... major arkfalls end with a big boss, and certon things need to be completed before they show there ugly faces, in a time frame.

killerbee04x
03-04-2013, 04:46 AM
you are forgetting codes you get to unlock boxes... what is in the box i have no idea. i get a box from my pre-order.. I'm thinking rare weapons only come from boxes.. i have never seen a rare item pick up in live stream.. so yes i'll have a rare item and you will not in the beginning.

Aaricane
03-04-2013, 04:56 AM
you are forgetting codes you get to unlock boxes... what is in the box i have no idea. i get a box from my pre-order.. I'm thinking rare weapons only come from boxes.. i have never seen a rare item pick up in live stream.. so yes i'll have a rare item and you will not in the beginning.I like how you go from saying you THINK it's a rare weapon, to IT IS a rare weapon and others wont have one lol

Deimos
03-04-2013, 04:59 AM
If it's anything like Rift there will be loads, even in the first zone.

Enrg Bar
03-04-2013, 11:02 PM
i have never seen a rare item pick up in live stream..
you obviously werent watching closely.. this last friday the one dev even said hes picking up alot of some rare weapons which they even showed the other guy getting one and walking up to it. i can only assume theyll do what most mmos do and have a color scheme. white green blue yellow orange red.

Vuule
03-05-2013, 03:58 AM
The closest I've seen so far..

http://i.minus.com/inHcVAnOJoR4S.gif

Lady Starla
03-05-2013, 04:04 AM
The closest I've seen so far..

http://i.minus.com/inHcVAnOJoR4S.gif

That looks like it could do some hurt.

Deimos
03-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Sorry if this isn't the best place to post, but could someone link me to recordings of the live streamings?

Lady Starla
03-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Sorry if this isn't the best place to post, but could someone link me to recordings of the live streamings?
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/DefianceCentralTV?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FDefianceCentralTV

Storm King
03-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Here, http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/new Look through their videos.

Also if you want to look for more specific things http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki at the bottom of ever article for a weapon or co-op maps there is usually a link to one of their videos where said item is showed or mentioned or seen. I would use the wiki link to look for gameplay of the co-op maps.

Deimos
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
I must be stupid, I still can't find recordings of live streaming gameplay there :/ The ones I did find where like interviews of people who were playing, but not just direct streaming footage.

Kantazo
03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
What kind of drops this boss would have and every player will be able to get part of it?

Dead_Phoenix
03-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Don't much care what he has or who he is...

If he's got codes the damn thing is going DOWN!

Duskguy
03-05-2013, 07:24 AM
I must be stupid, I still can't find recordings of live streaming gameplay there :/ The ones I did find where like interviews of people who were playing, but not just direct streaming footage.

In twitch you click the videos tab and you can see older streams

HammerTime
04-05-2013, 07:39 PM
That looks like it could do some hurt.

I tried to cross the Golden Gate Bridge last night, and met this suker. It is unbeatable at the moment. It one shots you in your vehicle (no matter what you drive). You cant run underneath it as well. I tried so many times, and failed miserably. My bullets, rockets, grenades do no damage to it, and it also has shield. It's main weapon is the grenade launcher on its shoulder, so you can't hide, and it also has rocket pods which fire lock on rockets, so you can't run either...

Poonthang
04-05-2013, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fbJl3RkzQ

Magician
04-05-2013, 08:09 PM
I tried to cross the Golden Gate Bridge last night, and met this suker. It is unbeatable at the moment. It one shots you in your vehicle (no matter what you drive). You cant run underneath it as well. I tried so many times, and failed miserably. My bullets, rockets, grenades do no damage to it, and it also has shield. It's main weapon is the grenade launcher on its shoulder, so you can't hide, and it also has rocket pods which fire lock on rockets, so you can't run either...

You cannot beat the robot. It is not a boss, it isn't even a real enemy. It's just a piece of scenery that will instakill you and is invincible.

It gets destroyed as part of the storyline but you don't even get to fight against it. And from then on when you drive past it all you see is rubble instead of the robot, which is gone forever.

Wrenito
04-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Hate to burst anybody's bubble, but the Golden Gate Bridge robot is not a world boss. It's there to keep you from accessing San Fran before the appropriate time in the story line.

There are no world bosses, only Arkfalls.

There is no uber loot, just the same stuff slightly modified by mods.

There is no unique content (currently).

Prepared to be bored until we get some halfway descent DLC.

Jeneva
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I was wondering though...on the live stream last Friday they would go from one arkfall straight to another one and it didn't seem to tough of a fight? I know they scale with how many ppl are in the area helping..but as a world boss it didn't seem to tough? Anybody know how they work? Are there always arkfalls in the world? Are they progressive as in start at one and once u do so many then it ends at the main arkfall

How it worked in rift was that there was a timer and periodicly there would be major rifts (arkfalls) but large groups of players could force them by completing minor rifts(arkfalls). i.e. Majors happen when timer runs out or X number ofminors are completed.

Wrenito
04-05-2013, 08:40 PM
How it worked in rift was that there was a timer and periodicly there would be major rifts (arkfalls) but large groups of players could force them by completing minor rifts(arkfalls). i.e. Majors happen when timer runs out or X number ofminors are completed.Its a shame majors don't offer any reward.

nathanpbutler
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
You cannot beat the robot. It is not a boss, it isn't even a real enemy. It's just a piece of scenery that will instakill you and is invincible.

It gets destroyed as part of the storyline but you don't even get to fight against it. And from then on when you drive past it all you see is rubble instead of the robot, which is gone forever.

True, but at least there's one to actually fight later in the story, even if it isn't a matter of defeating it so much as stalling it.

Dagbiker
04-05-2013, 08:57 PM
If you just want a WoW clone then go to this site (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/) but if you excuese me, I am going to be having fun driving around in cercles blasting my horn at an ArkFall

Dixa
04-05-2013, 09:01 PM

he's not a world boss. he's a gate that the story missions take you through.