PDA

View Full Version : negative commenting

chaoswolf
03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
is it just me or dose it seem like anything either syfy or trion puts out for defiance these all ways a couple people who just straight have nothing postive to say and ater you read there post you want to drop kick them in the face.what ever happen to that saying if you dont have any thing nice to say then shut your mouth

Paladin
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Your comment sucks...I'll wait for the next comment coming this summer it'll get Comment of the Year unlike this one, look it also only has a little bit of views.

Scrablor
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
[Removed Post Information]

Phalanx
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like anything either SyFy or Trion puts out for Defiance there's always a couple of people who just have nothing positive to say and after you read their post you want to drop kick them in the face. What ever happened to that saying "If you don't have any thing nice to say, then shut your mouth"

You should look at Assassin's Creed forums sometime. Instead of a couple of people, it's a couple HUNDRED. From what I understand, most forums are the same way. I have a feeling after release there will be a fair share of threads just complaining how bad this game is and how they should've taken more time for fixes and asking how they made such a boring game or unbalanced game or blahblahblah etc, etc.....
Just human nature I guess.......

Edit: Is it allowed to negatively comment about negative commenters? Feels like this would break the internet.....

UmbrusNightshade
03-03-2013, 10:33 PM
It's impossible to please everyone at all times. Humans are a whiny breed they are!

chaoswolf
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
then were back to what happen to the saying if you dont have any thing nice to say then keep your mouth shut. the way i see it is if you cant do any better then you have no right to sit there and complain about it

Komakala
03-03-2013, 10:48 PM
is it just me or dose it seem like anything either syfy or trion puts out for defiance these all ways a couple people who just straight have nothing postive to say and ater you read there post you want to drop kick them in the face.what ever happen to that saying if you dont have any thing nice to say then shut your mouth

Consider a forum to be a bridge, and every bridge has its trolls that live under it. Every forum has its people that hang around just to complain. They don't contribute they just make noise and want to be noticed. Instead of calling them out just back away. They will get tired and find somewhere else to feed.

chaoswolf
03-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Ooooooooo thats good advise :) your earn a cookie from me what would you like

Paladin
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
then were back to what happen to the saying if you dont have any thing nice to say then keep your mouth shut. the way i see it is if you cant do any better then you have no right to sit there and complain about it

It was sarcasm:P I just combined every comment I see on the Defiance YouTube videos into one
Replaced game with comment:D

chaoswolf
03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
that was aimed at this quote not you

It's impossible to please everyone at all times. Humans are a whiny breed they are!

TR GunPlay
03-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Sadly, it's the same with every game, no matter how good it is

Tat2uze
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
I've got problems with people that are overly positive too, works both ways. As much as it bugs me for someone to bash the game before it arrives, I don't like hearing overly positive responses when they don't know jack either, lol.

Scrablor
03-04-2013, 01:12 AM
[Removed Post Information]

Dead_Phoenix
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
everytime a troll posts a fairy looses its wings...

theres always haters, im fully expecting when the game goes live, we will get flooded with the ususal "its not a true mmo", "its not a true tps", "theres not enough content", "the guns are rubbish" , and blah blah blah.

if thats their opinions fair enough. just the ones who whine cry and do nothing but shout for a refund, rather then be constructive

Fiancee
03-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Trion Worlds's debut game Rift kinda came in bad time, SWTOR and GW2 hype were at max then. Therefore Ive said to them they should make next big MMO based on some known IP, like Lord of the Ring. TW arguable has talent. Their next big MMO after Defiance, should be something they can really really hype.

Also Game of the throne MMORPG could be one maybe, but not sure if MMORPG is already coming though... Game of the thrones popular is insane currently, as season 3 is starting world-wide.

Vuule
03-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Welcome to the internet, and life in general!

Cyrox
03-04-2013, 03:59 AM

theres always haters, im fully expecting when the game goes live, we will get flooded with the ususal "its not a true mmo", "its not a true tps", "theres not enough content", "the guns are rubbish" , and blah blah blah.

if thats their opinions fair enough. just the ones who whine cry and do nothing but shout for a refund, rather then be constructive

I've noticed in some games that's a big problem. The ones going to forums are mostly people who stopped playing and keeps on raging on forums with same kind of people and devs think they should really make it better for them since there are so many whiners. The truth is majority of people who enjoy the game plays it instead of hanging on forums. I ofc don't mean it's wrong to hang on forums and give good feedback or just talking normally about a game. If you go to wow forums... 99% of posts wanting nerfs and boosts and that game really started sucking after bc because they tried to make herd stop screaming and atleast all my hcplayer friends quit it because it got too easy and stupid pve/pvp wise. Nothing is ever enough

killerbee04x
03-04-2013, 04:16 AM
well saying the game is the first mmo for xbox.. then not showing that fact off is silly. it seems and still seems this is a pc game with xbox add features... ps3 is just lucky they are even mentioned.. sad to say ps3 is not something worth looking into... They did say the next beta IS PC only.. so we'll get a BETA days before hand and then have to start over from start..

Dead_Phoenix
03-04-2013, 05:30 AM
well saying the game is the first mmo for xbox.. then not showing that fact off is silly. it seems and still seems this is a pc game with xbox add features... ps3 is just lucky they are even mentioned.. sad to say ps3 is not something worth looking into... They did say the next beta IS PC only.. so we'll get a BETA days before hand and then have to start over from start..

where did they say this because every word from devs have said the next beta is console as well...

MOnte
03-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Everyone is allowed there own opinion, but people who are upset/disappointed always post more than people who are having fun.

IE: 1000 people are having fun, 100 are not. On the forums you will see 100 post on problems.. and maybe 10 or 20 having fun post. It is human nature.

rathb18
03-04-2013, 06:22 AM

Hey at least there not threatening to sue the game dev's like the fans did with bioware and the whole "mass effect 3 ending" lol now that was funny people getting mad over the last 5 min of a game.

pricey007
03-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Go on the Gearbox 'Aliens Colonial Marines' forum. That is a beautiful train wreck of anger and hatred.

After that any other forum seems tame...!

rathb18
03-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Go on the Gearbox 'Aliens Colonial Marines' forum. That is a beautiful train wreck of anger and hatred.

After that any other forum seems tame...!

About what? I thought that game was pretty good. Maybe not "game of the year" but it's diffidently not the worst game this year.

chaoswolf
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM

they have shown off a xbox verson if you go watch the video rom IGN its about an hr

Krazee DD
03-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Its the internet.......what do you expect?

Smitch
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
About what? I thought that game was pretty good. Maybe not "game of the year" but it's diffidently not the worst game this year.

Heh yeah I actually enjoyed it. It's hard to pull of an aliens v.s marines only game. You cannot get the feel of the Aliens movies as gamers want a bug hunt, and that is not what the movies were. One possible way to do it though would be to have the start mission, get hooked up with a face hugger, and wake in the morning regretting it...Then have the rest of the game on a timer...No one survives. >.<

People though are strange. I've seen people absolutely *hate* on something they know nothing about, and have no interest in, just because it wasn't their pet project. Truly bizarre.

SparklingNugs
03-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Welcome to planet Earth, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Aaricane
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
is it just me or dose it seem like anything either syfy or trion puts out for defiance these all ways a couple people who just straight have nothing postive to say and ater you read there post you want to drop kick them in the face.what ever happen to that saying if you dont have any thing nice to say then shut your mouthWelcome to the Internet pal, where every body can post their opinions.

SweetMadness
03-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the Internet pal, where every body can post their opinions.

Anonymity brings out the worse in people. Imagine if they weren't able to have anonymity.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Anonymity brings out the worse in people. Imagine if they weren't able to have anonymity.

One of my most favorite 5 syllable words.

Anonymity

A s0t
03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Heh yeah I actually enjoyed it. It's hard to pull of an aliens v.s marines only game. You cannot get the feel of the Aliens movies as gamers want a bug hunt, and that is not what the movies were. One possible way to do it though would be to have the start mission, get hooked up with a face hugger, and wake in the morning regretting it...Then have the rest of the game on a timer...No one survives. >.<

that would have been acceptable as a game to play, not that train wreck of aliens colonial marines, 8 years, $80 million usd they could have given that money for cancer research, diabetes, AIDS.

Tr3nch
03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
I've noticed in some games that's a big problem. The ones going to forums are mostly people who stopped playing and keeps on raging on forums with same kind of people and devs think they should really make it better for them since there are so many whiners. The truth is majority of people who enjoy the game plays it instead of hanging on forums. I ofc don't mean it's wrong to hang on forums and give good feedback or just talking normally about a game. If you go to wow forums... 99% of posts wanting nerfs and boosts and that game really started sucking after bc because they tried to make herd stop screaming and atleast all my hcplayer friends quit it because it got too easy and stupid pve/pvp wise. Nothing is ever enough

Unfortunately that is what happens to forums after a game is officially out.. I tend to avoid the forums post launch as often as possible after that just to keep from getting pissed off. I don't mind pointing out bugs or exploits but constant whining and board flaming gets very old. I tend to only visit forums post launch for game news or technical problems. Other than that, I am playing the game or if I don't like it anymore, I simply quit.

Paladin
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately that is what happens to forums after a game is officially out.. I tend to avoid the forums post launch as often as possible after that just to keep from getting pissed off. I don't mind pointing out bugs or exploits but constant whining and board flaming gets very old. I tend to only visit forums post launch for game news or technical problems. Other than that, I am playing the game or if I don't like it anymore, I simply quit.

Don't forget trading, trading in forums is always helpful!

Tr3nch
03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Don't forget trading, trading in forums is always helpful!

True, however, past experience for me personally for forum trading, was always better on third party forums versus the official forums.

ironhands
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM

doubly so when they have the interwebs