PDA

View Full Version : Xbox partying problems.

ThaddyMak
03-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Any xbox game I play online I always run into people I can not group with due to NAT issues and such. Will this still be a problem in Defiance?

A s0t
03-04-2013, 12:05 AM
yeah, it a router thing not a game thing look in your instruction for router to fix it, or get a different router

ThaddyMak
03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
My router is set to open NAT. The problem is when others don't have their router set up correctly.

lPATT
03-04-2013, 12:21 AM
My router is set to open NAT. The problem is when others don't have their router set up correctly.

then why start a thread about that if you got your answer ?

Prophet of Entropy
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
so your problem is other people.... why does that sound famillar...

ThaddyMak
03-04-2013, 12:43 AM
then why start a thread about that if you got your answer ?

Because I want to know if the dedicated servers for Defiance will prevent this from being an issue.

Paladin
03-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Because I want to know if the dedicated servers for Defiance will prevent this from being an issue.
It's an MMO, if your network is malfunctioning you'll get some serious problems with everything, if someone else is lagging their voice will break, their character model will teleport and when they disconnect their party slot will either leave or become stuck there.
These are the basic results of someone with a bad connection in any MMO

A s0t
03-04-2013, 12:51 AM
have your friends get better routers then an OPEN NAT is a happy NAT

Dead_Phoenix
03-04-2013, 01:32 AM
as long as your router is set to open, and set up correctly, then no you shouldnt have an issue.

MilkyWhites
03-04-2013, 02:57 AM
It won't be for YOU. But will be for any one that DOES have issues. Get ready to see people with bad NAT's or connections rubber banding around the map.

killerbee04x
03-04-2013, 04:23 AM
this is not a poor mans game.. get cable or get lost.. no laggers on my ark falls..

Bobbyieboy
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Would just be nice if people don't have the correct NAT settings that they just can't connect and get a small reason or something as to who they can't connect. This would really avoid the rubber banding issues and a few others overall.

ThaddyMak
03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Would just be nice if people don't have the correct NAT settings that they just can't connect and get a small reason or something as to who they can't connect. This would really avoid the rubber banding issues and a few others overall.

This is a good idea.

Bar6arian
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
this is not a poor mans game.. get cable or get lost.. no laggers on my ark falls..

So true. Never understood why people play online games with DSL. It's broadband but not highspeed.

Paladin
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
So true. Never understood why people play online games with DSL. It's broadband but not highspeed.

Don't forget modem still exists.....somehow.

SparklingNugs
03-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Any xbox game I play online I always run into people I can not group with due to NAT issues and such. Will this still be a problem in Defiance?

I had a moderate NAT setting for a while, and I noticed it was only an issue when joining a person's game when they had a strict NAT setting. Seeing as its server run, rather than player based hosting, I don't think it'll be much of an issue. Hopefully.

Paladin
03-05-2013, 12:05 AM
I had a moderate NAT setting for a while, and I noticed it was only an issue when joining a person's game when they had a strict NAT setting. Seeing as its server run, rather than player based hosting, I don't think it'll be much of an issue. Hopefully.
Don't worry you're right
WOOOHOOOO 200!

ThaddyMak
03-05-2013, 12:10 AM

I think the server run will work for the open world but I am afraid that when joining parties or playing with clan mates NAT issues could cause problems. Just last night I was playing Halo 4 with some guys I was randomly paired with and after wining a few matches they sent me a party invite and even though I have an open NAT I still could not join them.

echoplex
03-05-2013, 06:38 AM
What?
You crazy. They're going to be there. And, I'll take them. The more people playing, the better.

I don't understand why people can't figure out how to keep an open nat.
It's really not that hard. All of the routers I've seen the settings for are pretty straight forward. No excuse. Open dem ports, yo.