PDA

View Full Version : Fan Site / Guild Website

Ambic
03-04-2013, 04:34 AM
I am in the process of creating a fan site / guild website, and I have 2 questions.

1) Am I allowed to use any of the Defiance content displayed on the official Defiance website? If so, what types of copyright/trademark messages are required on my site?

2) Are there any requirements for a fan site or guild website? I know some games set out some strict rules/guidelines that must be followed.

Thank you for your time :)

Escyos
03-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Fairuse should cover you for the most part. Just be sure that you state that Trion/Syfy owns everything and your site is just for fun/social expansion etc.

Obviously don't break any NDA's and be willing to remove anything that they ask you to.

Ambic
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info here, this is what I figured, but I do want to be sure. I hope one of the devs can respond with an official answer on this one.

Paladin
03-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the info here, this is what I figured, but I do want to be sure. I hope one of the devs can respond with an official answer on this one.

I think Escyos is as credible as an answer than any.

Valethar
03-04-2013, 11:23 PM
The community managers are working on a fansite kit. They haven't given an ETA as yet, but did confirm earlier today that there would be one.

Ambic
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Understood. I saw the post on the fansite kit. I'm just trying to figure out how other people are making their guild websites without breaching the NDA. Of course, I haven't seen an NDA yet so I just want to be on the safe side. I appreciate the responses though, I'll definitely take them into consideration while designing my clan's site.