PDA

View Full Version : I can't remember...

Matacka
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
a single MMO that I have played in a long while that has been as nicely optimized performance wise as Defiance. GJ TRION, honestly. I was very impressed with how not even a stutter occurs in massive battles in this game, given I had a mediocre setup with a 955 phenom and a 560ti. Every other game tends to have specific area's or times where fps dips occur, but not here.

And while I understand many hold concerns in terms of longevity and character progression and such, I just felt I had to give them props, at least in the performance department. But in regards to the concerns, I'm sure they are very aware of the so called lack of content/char progression and will be working on it with time alongside the episodes. Luckily, I have been one of those that haven't been rushing through the game so I'm not at that stage yet.

So far the game has been hella fun, and I usually don't even play these type of genres. It was the 3rd person cross genre that got me interested and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. The last 3rd person shooter I enjoyed this much was my beloved and oh so under rated Command and Conquer Renagade.. oh the days...
Anyways yeah, thumbs up TRION. Looking forward to what the future holds.

VagTackler
04-09-2013, 07:58 PM
After all those Quit game ones this has officially made my day thank you <3.

bleuzarro
04-09-2013, 08:15 PM
a single MMO that I have played in a long while that has been as nicely optimized performance wise as Defiance. GJ TRION, honestly. I was very impressed with how not even a stutter occurs in massive battles in this game, given I had a mediocre setup with a 955 phenom and a 560ti. Every other game tends to have specific area's or times where fps dips occur, but not here.

And while I understand many hold concerns in terms of longevity and character progression and such, I just felt I had to give them props, at least in the performance department. But in regards to the concerns, I'm sure they are very aware of the so called lack of content/char progression and will be working on it with time alongside the episodes. Luckily, I have been one of those that haven't been rushing through the game so I'm not at that stage yet.

So far the game has been hella fun, and I usually don't even play these type of genres. It was the 3rd person cross genre that got me interested and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. The last 3rd person shooter I enjoyed this much was my beloved and oh so under rated Command and Conquer Renagade.. oh the days...
Anyways yeah, thumbs up TRION. Looking forward to what the future holds.

this is very true, and something I believe that has been overlooked. Well said.

only thing (in this arena) that I would love for them to fix is the random image disappearing. Sometimes even when I boost in my roller my entire roller will disappear, and the amount of objects that just pop into view randomly whilst driving is quite frustrating, but I'm sure that will be fixed in due time.

Matacka
04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
No doubt that they will fix the minor bugs and glitches, but I also believe they will add a lot. I quit Rift quite some time ago but I remember constant updates. The pvp front killed it for me in that game, but this is a different scenario, and once more maps get release as well, you will see more than just shot guns being used.

Folly
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
I have tons of complaints about Defiance...but yeah, the one good thing that really stands out is performance in heavily populated areas. Good job Trion. Now do the same for Rift.