PDA

View Full Version : That went sour fast.....

craigland
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Every one is just complain complain complain. I am enjoying pvp immensely and I'm using an AR and decoy. I'm tired of people complaining about cloak shot gunners....they aren't that hard to fight Imo.....they usually suck once their crutch is seen through.

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Every one is just complain complain complain. I am enjoying pvp immensely and I'm using an AR and decoy. I'm tired of people complaining about cloak shot gunners....they aren't that hard to fight Imo.....they usually suck once their crutch is seen through.

Yes and No. The sour types are more vocal, those enjoying the game are playing it. We even have a few that have gotten refunds and taken the game back that are still around posting.

craigland
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Remember, every one on the internet is a king/queen and must be treated as such. :p

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Remember, every one on the internet is a king/queen and must be treated as such. :p

I prefer to be the jacka s s of all trades. :)

Kwatos
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
You will bring the cheese when I tell you to bring the cheese.

Zascha
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I've been using LMG + Decoy for a while. I get a huge kick every time I see someone try to gun me down, I duck behind a corner, send my Decoy in the opposite direction, and as they pass the corner following the decoy, I just mow them down. They usually have a couple of Stealth buddies tagging along... HAHAHA!

Seriously though... there are a few issues that do need to be ironed out, still.

craigland
04-09-2013, 09:54 PM
I've been using LMG + Decoy for a while. I get a huge kick every time I see someone try to gun me down, I duck behind a corner, send my Decoy in the opposite direction, and as they pass the corner following the decoy, I just mow them down. They usually have a couple of Stealth buddies tagging along... HAHAHA!

Seriously though... there are a few issues that do need to be ironed out, still.
Yeah there are some issues but not much :p, I love the good'ol decoy kills!

Zascha
04-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah there are some issues but not much :p, I love the good'ol decoy kills!

It should be worth noting that I am playing the PC version. The whole Shotgun debacle is typically associated with the console versions. PC players have a much shorter response time toward danger, as their ability to look around, aim, and shoot is not defined by a sensitivity numerical constant which overrides their immediate control. In other words, if ever there needed to be proof - mouse + keyboard is a far superior tool in a shooter than a control pad.

That being said, aside from some minor tweaks, weapons in the PC version really don't need much adjustment, though I think there could be a bit more in the way of really defining range limitations. Also, the Level Design is quite atrocious. Good Level Design is one of the most important aspects of an Online Shooter. It's practically what made CoD what it is today. I digress.

However, the same cannot be said about the console versions' balance. Because of the Input Device, Shotguns are going to remain OP. Your two thumbs on a couple of analog sticks do not provide one with the precision control necessary for such a fast pace Shooter, with an aim mechanic that is off-set by the camera's relevance to the character. This is exactly why Shotguns will remain dominant on the consoles.

At least... until the devs do some individual version tweaking. Honestly though, I don't see that happening. And if they try to do a full sweep of balancing because of this issue - PC players are hands-down going to be the ones that suffer. Right now, the game is in the PC's favor. And frankly, I think it should remain there. No offense to the console players... but don't believe what Halo and/or Killzone made you think... Consoles aren't really good for shooters without "auto-aim".

ELO2g
04-10-2013, 08:57 AM
People whining about jumps... real. Why not just adjust to it?
Every time someone jumps he's basically ****ing himself over because he's vulnerable.