PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore servers

Sicherth
03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
I've heard about defiance only just recently from mmorpg.com. The radical approach to entertainment that's going on here is something revolutionary and very cool. I'm wondering what the prospects are for a [PC]"Hardcore" server where the difficulty of our enemies is multiplied by two or three times.

The videos of interviews and leaked beta footage all show an environment where the protagonist can simply walk about almost freely-- a move move, pew pew, splat splat environment.

I'm sure it's a very fun model for some people to pick up. Personally, I want a challenge; I want to play. I don't want to tour this game.

If the game is so easy that, for the majority of its content, it becomes an inconvenience to party for the sake of time, loot, or what have you, then I'm not interested in playing.

Dead_Phoenix
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
at the end of the day this wouldnt hurt, however the problem is resources. to re-balance things etc run and maintain them. i dont think it would work. for that reason alone

Scrablor
03-04-2013, 11:29 AM
[Removed Post Information]

Thee Apothecary
03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
bare in mind the vids you see are of the guys being either really experienced or ego rating 2k

Kantazo
03-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I've heard about defiance only just recently from mmorpg.com. The radical approach to entertainment that's going on here is something revolutionary and very cool. I'm wondering what the prospects are for a [PC]"Hardcore" server where the difficulty of our enemies is multiplied by two or three times.

The videos of interviews and leaked beta footage all show an environment where the protagonist can simply walk about almost freely-- a move move, pew pew, splat splat environment.

I'm sure it's a very fun model for some people to pick up. Personally, I want a challenge; I want to play. I don't want to tour this game.

If the game is so easy that, for the majority of its content, it becomes an inconvenience to party for the sake of time, loot, or what have you, then I'm not interested in playing.

Got to love e-peeners hard core players, the game is not even out and they are already demanding if you dont do the game my way I am not interested in playing, what is that a threat?.

A word of advise?, dont play it, there are many more hardcore games out there.

Super_Jagerman
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
The Door is that way >>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

odysseus
03-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I knew this post had to come eventually. I've never been on a games forums during testing where this doesn't get asked. Also player bounties lol.

Cyrox
03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I have played countless of games and i can't think of any mmo with hardcore mode except diablo and it just makes it farmfest. I think myself as a hc-player and i always make my own challenges. for example when wow introduced heroics in bc we started doing them 3 man and finally 2 man etc etc. but i can honestly guess there won't be any hc servers because as people said it would take more resources to run server for you are an few other same hearted players. Let's face it no one wants to play a mmo if he gets denied all the time when trying to progress.

Shag
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Simple solution:

Equip the biggest crap you can find. You can always tone down your power, it's as simple as that. Then challenge some of the harder content and get your parts handed over to you.

But still... no one even knows how hard the game really is or at least won't tell you (NDA). What is shown in most if not all vids seems to be something like a starter-area, where you learn how the game works. So it's rather safe to assume that this zone is probably not as hard as the rest of the game.

IGears
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Got to love e-peeners hard core players, the game is not even out and they are already demanding if you dont do the game my way I am not interested in playing, what is that a threat?.

A word of advise?, dont play it, there are many more hardcore games out there.

lol yep. those videos that you watched are most likely old as hell. you can even watch the weekly live stream and you can see the differences in the game development

Dreadhly
03-04-2013, 02:04 PM
the game is still in development ... but as far as i can tell you as a personal Beta tester... The game is hard as **** ! Don't underestimate it's content yet , apply for the beta and see it for you're self ( if you get invited )