PDA

View Full Version : Purely because im curious

THE ROCKS
02-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Whats the mute button for? Everyone has the option to use it yet Evidently no one does.... i know imma get nailed for this but tbh im just tired of it.... someone A DEV WOULD BE BETTER to tell me what the Mute buttons is meant for.... cause how i see it is its meant to block out anyone you dont want to see or hear from

Valani
02-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Whats the mute button for? Everyone has the option to use it yet Evidently no one does.... i know imma get nailed for this but tbh im just tired of it.... someone A DEV WOULD BE BETTER to tell me what the Mute buttons is meant for.... cause how i see it is its meant to block out amyone you dont want to see or hear from

That precious button will become your best friend (like it did for me) from the trolls in this game. Cherish it! Especially now considering it's a permanent thing that happens when you add someone to that list. They can't contact you in-game nor match up with you in co-ops, join a group you're a part of, etc.

THE ROCKS
02-09-2018, 12:40 PM
That precious button will become your best friend (like it did for me) from the trolls in this game. Cherish it! Especially now considering it's a permanent thing that happens when you add someone to that list. They can't contact you in-game nor match up with you in co-ops, join a group you're a part of, etc.

Thank you for your input.... and i agree which platform you play on? Cause the people on 360 dont like Mute buttons apparently

Zephkial
02-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Hey guys. The mute feature in game is intended as a block feature, used to ensure no communication between you and other players you have no desire to have any contact with. That being said, the mute feature is in no way a means to bypass our Code of Conduct, nor should it be used as an excuse to say whatever you want in-game. If you breach our Code of Conduct and that breach is seen by other players, then they have every right to report those breaches and we will take action if warranted. The absolute best way to ensure that you have no issues is to read over our Code of Conduct and take steps to make sure you do not violate the rules laid out therein, in any way.

Johnny Dbag
02-09-2018, 01:09 PM
How about a way to view our mute list? I'm pretty sure I have close to half of the PS3 NA server muted. Some for good reason, others just because I was tired of asking to get kicked from their expedition.

Jack Robo
02-09-2018, 01:15 PM
There is however another feature in the game which stars out the words that you cannot say in the clan message. And with this game being a 18+ game, profanity should be allowed, there should also be no convenience for using such language as the freedom of speech law states:The First Amendment's freedom of speech right not only proscribes most government restrictions on the content of speech and ability to speak, but also protects the right to receive information,prohibits most government restrictions or burdens that discriminate between speakers,restricts the tort liability of individuals for certain speech, and prevents the government from requiring individuals and corporations to speak or finance certain types of speech with which they don't agree. This means there canít be a sanction for such actions. If players donít want to see it they can mute the player or use the feature that is in the game to remove the profanity from the games chat.

It also states in the human rights that you have freedom of speech,(protects your right to hold your own opinions and to express them freely without government interference.) Taking the word ****** as an example as I have had friends banned for saying it. The word ****** could be in the context of a bundle of sticks. Banning someone for saying ****** isnít right

Verga DeFuego
02-09-2018, 01:43 PM
^^
I am a big defender of the 1st amendment, but Defiance is privately owned and the first amendment doesn't apply. Trion can impose any rules they want, and we can choose to play the game or not.

Valani
02-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Thank you for your input.... and i agree which platform you play on? Cause the people on 360 dont like Mute buttons apparently

You're most welcome. PS3 was my platform (keyword: was).

Jack Robo
02-09-2018, 02:29 PM
^^
I am a big defender of the 1st amendment, but Defiance is privately owned and the first amendment doesn't apply. Trion can impose any rules they want, and we can choose to play the game or not.

Thought that it was owned by Microsoft?

Jack Robo
02-09-2018, 02:49 PM
We were told to read TOS...so if you can be banned for inappropriate language, then you should be able to Be banned for EVERYTHING against the TOS.
I’ll start with 11.code of conduct, A, (viii) Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity; there are many people saying that they will do drugs, have been to prison, etc. Ban em.
(xii) That utilizes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., "Roflmao", "Roxxurboxx", "Lolzumad") can’t say lol, lmao,lmfao, XD etc BAN

(xiii) That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, "titles" shall include without limitation ‘rank’ titles (e.g., "General Chow," or “Captain Kangaroo”), monarchist or fantasy titles (e.g., "KingLoko", "LordPauleyC"), and religious titles (e.g., "ThePope," or "Reverend Run"). there’s people with captain and chief? BAN

Use of chat
(iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users, including without limitation posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and services available outside of the Game universe;
Sorry but all that have ever done a pick a number 1-20 and there’s a number spam? Byeeee. BAN

If you followed your terms of service you would have a game..I expect everyone who has violated these rules to be banned..

richardkrainium
02-09-2018, 04:24 PM
just think, if they actually followed their own rules, there would be no more pvp

Bentu
02-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Hey guys. The mute feature in game is intended as a block feature, used to ensure no communication between you and other players you have no desire to have any contact with. That being said, the mute feature is in no way a means to bypass our Code of Conduct, nor should it be used as an excuse to say whatever you want in-game. If you breach our Code of Conduct and that breach is seen by other players, then they have every right to report those breaches and we will take action if warranted. The absolute best way to ensure that you have no issues is to read over our Code of Conduct and take steps to make sure you do not violate the rules laid out therein, in any way.

Code of Conduct (http://forums.defiance.com/announcement.php?f=90&a=4)