PDA

View Full Version : Character creation disappointing at best.

Tourke
04-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm sure this isn't the first thread about this and it most definitely will not be the last.

Defiance was released on 2 Apr 2013 in the wake of great MMO's before it such as SWTOR and WOW. Character creation, while not a game breaking factor, is one of those things that we as gamers have come to expect. It is the first step to allowing us to become connected to our toon. I feel like, even though I was able to tweek some aspects of my toon, he is just a cookie cutter hero in a world filled with cookie cutter heroes. I hope in coming patches we will at least be able to change the hair styles and colors.

Arsenic_Touch
04-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Look at the top of the screen when making a new character, you have to click the button for the next section, there are different hair styles, eye colours, hair colour, facial features, tattoos, facepaint, et cetera. While it's not as unique as other mmos, it's still there and it allows you to customize your character somewhat.

Keithy21
04-09-2013, 10:36 PM
I hope in coming patches we will at least be able to change the hair styles and colors.

What? You already can and more....did you somehow miss the tabs at the very top of all the options?

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Yet another rant, by someone not paying attention. 8sighs*

Tourke
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I guess I missed it. I blame the UI then!

Xeex
04-10-2013, 03:49 PM
I guess I missed it. I blame the UI then!

no one to blame but yourself. take responsibility for your own actions/inactions =P ya missed it.

and really? wow? wow's char creation is subpar at best. SWTOR's ws, meh, it was ok. some oldschool mmo's have gotten it WAY better (SWG for instance), and soem new ones should practically be THE definition of "how to do good char creation (STO). not saying theone here is "FANTASTIC!" but, what does it really matter? juz gna end up all armored up anyways lol. its a shooter, not a beauty contest.