PDA

View Full Version : Chance of it really coming out on xbox?

RexxDoom
10-16-2012, 10:43 PM
We've been promised MMO's before and so many don't make it to the 360. (Huxley, Marvel Super Heroes, Age of Conan). So my question is, what will guarantee that this one will?:confused:

vampero
10-17-2012, 01:29 AM
We've been promised MMO's before and so many don't make it to the 360. (Huxley, Marvel Super Heroes, Age of Conan). So my question is, what will guarantee that this one will?:confused:
It's looking very good so far..:rolleyes:

Disdain
10-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Well for 1. They have already developed the game for the XBOX and 2. They have already showcased it at E3 on the XBOX.

Thatís almost a guarantee :P

Disdain
10-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Just thought Iíd add my 2 cents worth here, but your better of buying a PS3, it has already been noted that the PS3 version has noticeably better graphics than the Xbox and you wont be required to pay a Live account subscription, and finally imho, PS3 is more reliable. Iím being perfectly honest, I was die hard Xbox till my wife bought me a PS3 for xmas.

RexxDoom
10-17-2012, 03:07 AM
I used to have a PS3. I loved MLB The Show. I have a Vita now, but never used my PS3 at all. I know it's a bit stronger, but I've always played my 360. Red rings and all.

Disdain
10-17-2012, 03:58 AM
I used to have a PS3. I loved MLB The Show. I have a Vita now, but never used my PS3 at all. I know it's a bit stronger, but I've always played my 360. Red rings and all.

Best of luck with the Xbox, hope you have an awesome gaming experience in Defiance. :)

Darktide
10-17-2012, 06:46 AM
I do think it is coming out on the xbox. Think it was shown at the end of one of the trailers.

Disdain
10-17-2012, 07:56 AM
I do think it is coming out on the xbox. Think it was shown at the end of one of the trailers.

It most definitely is coming out on the Xbox, Question is will it be sold physically or digitally or both? It would save the company money if it was only released Digitally. Seeing as thereís no offline content it would save the mothers of the world accidentally buying it for the kids who donít have a live account.

Oh and I think your sig might be a bit wrong, unless youíre a ruthless leader of the masses and thatís just how you roll. :p

vampero
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Just thought I’d add my 2 cents worth here, but your better of buying a PS3, it has already been noted that the PS3 version has noticeably better graphics than the Xbox and you wont be required to pay a Live account subscription, and finally imho, PS3 is more reliable. I’m being perfectly honest, I was die hard Xbox till my wife bought me a PS3 for xmas.

I have to disagree with you maybe the graphics might look a little better on the PS3 but FPS play so much better on the Xbox 360.

Siantlark
10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I have to disagree with you maybe the graphics might look a little better on the PS3 but FPS play so much better on the Xbox 360.
And both are better on the PC. Your point?

Disdain
10-18-2012, 01:20 AM

Iím sure thatís pretty much based solely on your opinion and as your opinion is obviously biased, it doesnít count for much. I have both consoles and I see no difference in the ability of each machine to play FPSís. I am however biased towards PC, and tbh, they play better than any console.

Zann
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I wanted to jump in here and let everyone know that we're working very closely with Microsoft to make sure that the game launches on XBox, and is as awesome as it can possibly be. :)

RexxDoom
10-19-2012, 03:54 AM
I wanted to jump in here and let everyone know that we're working very closely with Microsoft to make sure that the game launches on XBox, and is as awesome as it can possibly be. :)

That's great to hear. Now I can get hyped!When will preorders start? Nothing on Gamestop yet.

Cryptor
10-20-2012, 09:01 PM
That's great to hear. Now I can get hyped!When will preorders start? Nothing on Gamestop yet.

I hope Defiance will have a digital CE :D

GamerKnight
10-30-2012, 05:33 AM
FF 11 and soon to be 14 did a good job with there console port, i don't mind playing games on my console. But if i have a choice i would play on my PC first.

Fiancee
10-30-2012, 06:48 AM
There was some problems as far I know, at least console and PC players cant play on same world, sony and microsoft didnt allow it to happen, even its technically possible. Correct me if Im wrong but I think console versions are currently on hold.

Found the link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/defiance-could-link-up-an-xbox-360-with-a-ps3-but-cant/

pulseMOD441
11-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I've also read that MMOs have had a hard time coming to Xbox because of the way Microsoft's services work, however they've modified everything to allow for F2P and the like so hopefully that opens up the Xbox to a wider variety of games including MMOs. Most definitely not on the same scale but Happy Wars was recently released and is a lot of fun!

Shadinaxx
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
I think it would definately be nice to have cross platform "grudge" or tourny matches, from a purely pvp standpoint. From an all encompassing standpoint (pvp and pve), I would really love to be able to team up with players on both xbox and ps3, PC and Mac have been able to do this for years, an they have the most animousity for eachother.

Pity that Microsoft and Sony have this sticking point, becuase I can even take my Android phone, and link it to my friend's iPhone to share files, etc. Imagine how rediculas it would be if Androids couldn't interact with Apple media, and vice versa.

Here's to hoping we get to rub elbows with eachother tho 8)

Kalbuir
11-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Considering I saw an xbox playing Defiance at GamesCom in August I think that it's finally happening :P About time, still slightly bumped policies and company ******** (MS) stand in the way of true technological progress (cross platform gaming).

Darky
11-04-2012, 08:26 AM
M$ is too stiff thats why few MMO comes to Xbox in the other hand Sony has more open policy and welcomes new things for its player-base this was one reason why CCP has decided to make DUST 514 the upcoming MMOFPS for Playstation only.