PDA

View Full Version : Unable to login characters... unable to connect to Defiance server

Kylarran
02-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Since 10:48 am PST on Thurs 2/15 I've been attempting to login some of my various accounts...

While I'm able to get to the character select screen, none of my characters, on none of the accounts will successfully load into the game. Sometimes I just see the cycling the drain emblem for roughly a minute before being kicked back to character select with the message "unable to connect to the Defiance server". Sometimes I'm put into a loading queue and hanging there for a minute before the same happens.

This typically happens after a server crashes and I'm in a queue for a few moments.

However, it's been 45 minutes and the same is still occurring. 11:30 am PST now... and no change. It only takes 10 minutes for nightly resets... what's going on? There's nothing on the server status. No updates or warnings on why the servers are offline.

Is this happening to everyone else? Anyone else?

DEATHBRINGER210
02-15-2018, 12:36 PM
did you check if you switch servers?

Gaige12
02-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Same happening here. Getting the que.

Kylarran
02-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Deathbringer210... I'm still set correctly to North America.

Joe Cutrite
02-15-2018, 12:42 PM
Same here I have been trying for over 1 and a half hours now.

DEATHBRINGER210
02-15-2018, 12:42 PM
trying switching servers. to see if it loads.

Zephkial
02-15-2018, 12:43 PM
Hey guys. We are aware of the issue and working to correct it now. I will update as soon as we know more!

Gaige12
02-15-2018, 12:47 PM
Hey guys. We are aware of the issue and working to correct it now. I will update as soon as we know more!

I'm pretty sure we're gonna need some free stuff for all this inconvenience. Maybe a month of patron or something. :)

https://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i57/2/4/4/frabz-Fix-the-defiance-servers-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-2bf98a.jpg

Kylarran
02-15-2018, 12:52 PM
I've got a friend in game. Guessing it's just the login server, or some hotpatch went live and preventing new logins.

Thank you, Zephkial, for the update.

Kreitoc
02-15-2018, 01:03 PM
I started on this game this past week. Enjoy it a lot. Moved over from RIFT. I too have been getting the 'Server' boot several times this week. When I started and subsequent character creations I have never seen any screen that would allow 'Server' selection. I'm guessing it has gained in popularity and there is a higher pop base on the servers. Perhaps some of those removed from RIFT could be added to Defiance.

Zephkial
02-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Hey guys. We are back up and running now. Sorry for the inconvenience on this!

Kylarran
02-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Kreitoc... the server selection we are referring to is found on the top right of the Glyph launcher, which for PC would be NA or EU.

You seem to also be referring to a function available in Rift, the ability to change world instances (which as you know is the same as the remaining server names).

Here in Defiance, there are multiple instances available however they are unnamed and unnumbered. The best way we navigate that is this: we recommend players add as many friends as you can (up to a friends list cap of 100... the 100's causes bugs, so try to keep at 99). Then you can use 'o' the social hotkey to pull up the list, look for those with red checks on the left column indicating they are in a different phase/world instance for you to travel to. Bear in mind that list's checkmarks are updated every few minutes, not immediately... so sometimes you can still end up in the same zone you are in (if they traveled into yours before the list updated you). Just keep hopping instances via the friends list to help find the events you are looking for.

Kylarran
02-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the fixing the problem devs... appreciate it. :)