PDA

View Full Version : How will the game have an effect in the Tv show?

Darktide
10-17-2012, 07:22 AM
I remember seeing an interview about the game/show on the internet somewhere and it commented on the fact that the show will have an impact on the game and the game on the show. I can see how the show will affect the game, with updates etc, but how will the game affect the show.
Would this not lead to very unsteady writing times for each episode or would each season be consist of a few episodes.

tvissoc
10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I remember seeing an interview about the game/show on the internet somewhere and it commented on the fact that the show will have an impact on the game and the game on the show. I can see how the show will affect the game, with updates etc, but how will the game affect the show.
Would this not lead to very unsteady writing times for each episode or would each season be consist of a few episodes.

I could imagine that there would be a huge lag in game-influenced episode changes. It will be interesting to see how each effects the other.

Radz
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
I see two ways of handling the game affecting the show:

1. The game will mostly be influenced by the show during the season, but once the season finale hits, the game will start affecting the next season. Battles won or lost will be mentioned by characters in the show, a ammo storehouse get raided and suddenly there are a lot more weapons on the show or vice-versa if it was their storehouse that got raided, or minor characters from the show are killed in the game and then they find out in the show.

2. They shot multiple versions of the same scenes and based on the outcome of certain in-game events, one or the other scenes are played in the show that week. This allows for more immediate influence, but it also makes that influence significantly smaller because they cannot have any in-game events significantly affect the show because only small portions would be able to have multiple versions and the more episodes you have, the more variations would be required for large events.

I am personally leaning towards the former rather than the latter. It gives the game much more potential for influence on the show and given the nature of the world, it's feasible for news to travel that slowly from the Bay Area to St. Louis so it's not shoehorned in that bad.

Escyos
10-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Actually they already have it planned out and written/filmed. The show will probably make passing to some event that occured in the game a week before, but it was always planned to happen they don't film multiple scenes and choose based on the game. Neither one will rely on the other for content.

Some things we have been told is that a plague shows up in the show and in the game at the same time as do some arkfalls and razor rain. There are probably other events too.