PDA

View Full Version : Threat level 11

John2984
02-26-2018, 11:36 AM
After experiencing a full day of farming sieges and incursions, I noticed that I was a little more try hard than usual. Enemies, at tl10, are being obliterated in seconds. I couldn't get to mobs fast enough. With the progression of weapons nowadays (t6, t5'd weapons for everyone!), will we ever see a threat level change in regular PvE?

CalamityDusk
02-26-2018, 11:41 AM
I would like to see a little more difficulty as well. Im not very good at pve but the enemies die very fast in the pve world.

Usually you need to pre fire with a mc sludge or purgatory at the spawn points or else youll get close to nothing when the event is over.

Heishiro Mitsurugi
02-26-2018, 11:48 AM
If they make threat 11 across the board i say raise ammo caps patron and non patron please

Johnny Dbag
02-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Usually you need to pre fire with a mc sludge or purgatory at the spawn points or else youll get close to nothing when the event is over.
I completely disagree with this statement. All this does is encourage more explosive spammers. Most of the players that I know use bullet guns (mass blasters, blast rifles, smg, assault rifles, etc.) and still score very well at sieges, incursions, majors, etc. The only time I use an explosive at these things is if I am trying to master it. Or re re re re re master it.

Furthermore, it encourages player to claim they "got skillz" for scoring points using a sludge or incinerator, lol.

CalamityDusk
02-26-2018, 11:58 AM
I pre fire with these because the enemies dont appear and when they do they are dead most likely.

Krapping Koala
02-26-2018, 12:01 PM
If they make threat 11 across the board i say raise ammo caps patron and non patron please

Agreed. Good idea

konstantinov
02-26-2018, 12:03 PM
Regardless if you LOLprefire the nuke is wiping everything out unless your sludge is gonna hit for 1.5m+.

CalamityDusk
02-26-2018, 12:04 PM
I use it so it counts towards team points and it awards a nano kill. The only things I can hit consistently with a bullet weapon are the biggies during events. Hulkers etc

Kylarran
02-26-2018, 12:20 PM
An interesting proposal. Certainly worth putting out there.

We've been discussing this for several years, in SWIB clan, usually tied with the rollout of events and the ease with which individual cores were dispatched within a minute of the 5 core major event arkfall dropping... then event major arkfall final events being dispatched within 5 minutes or less. Sometimes much less. It's much worse when a minor core has 5 waves that spill out in quick succession at low threat level when just one player is there, meaning a minor core can spawn a full set of mobs at threat level 3 - 6 and get obliterated quickly.

Our frustration was usually twofold... first with the lack of time to get to it and secondly achieve any significant score that resulted in any meaningful arkforge (and now purified gulanite). The power creep of the last few years, with more powerful syns, rigs and gun styles is definitely a factor.

This issue is tied up with the lower ego characters getting boosted to TL10 (4750 ego) or to TL11 (5000 ego) so they can compete with more survivability, score well and gain decent XP off large events. The threat level sets the boost of lower ego characters and it's worth looking into raising that for them, again.

It's also worth considering bumping the HP and resilliance of the mobs that are at those events. The tougher they are to kill, the longer the events are around for us to get to and allow us to are able to achieve scoring from them. I suspect this is more what's needed to compensate for a high end player's capacity for destruction.

Unfortunately, quickly obliterating event or major arkfalls makes them harder to find. Both event and major arkfall spawning is not keeping up with what we can destroy. It's very common to see nothing significant on the map, now, for long periods of time. Our ability to erase a set of major events is not increasing the rate at which they are generated. Sieges however, given they are a fixed 15 minute time allow better results for players of all levels now, since they are often pushed into 20+ stages now by well attended sieges.

So to summarize for balancing issues today, increasing the threat level, raising mob hp/toughness and increasing major arkfall spawn rates all could stand to be looked at, again. I'd also suggest that event minor cores be a fixed 10 or 11 threat level, this would slow down the speed at which they are cleared, allowing more players to participate in these events.

r1p
02-26-2018, 02:41 PM
This is what they were supposed to do to Silicon Valley. We were told that the difficulty level and rewards were both being increased in SV so that players would have some end-game content that was both challenging and rewarding but all that increased was the difficulty. So if you like Dark Matter majors that take 40 minutes to finish or conflicts that are dragged out to 4 phases before failing then challenges abound in SV.

Bentu
02-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Furthermore, it encourages player to claim they "got skillz" for scoring points using a sludge or incinerator, lol.

Nothing to do with skills except for the use of in game mechanics and gives those who don't have all the pretty shinies a chance to accumulate a decent for pg.

Johnny Dbag
02-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Nothing to do with skills except for the use of in game mechanics and gives those who don't have all the pretty shinies a chance to accumulate a decent for pg.
Yeah but there are so many other ways to get a decent score and it does not take new gear, or black friday jps or stuff like that. Forever I used a standard t6 FOP br and scored very well. Not UD, not named, not perfected, just a gun I modded and rolled and supremed. Jenn did the same. It's not all about spamming explosive rounds, or having the best gear.

Bentu
02-26-2018, 05:49 PM
Yeah but there are so many other ways to get a decent score and it does not take new gear, or black friday jps or stuff like that. Forever I used a standard t6 FOP br and scored very well. Not UD, not named, not perfected, just a gun I modded and rolled and supremed. Jenn did the same. It's not all about spamming explosive rounds, or having the best gear.

Exactly and I don't mean you or anyone else any disrespect when I say just let everyone play the game how they want.
As long as they're not actually hacking the game somehow I don't care what anyone does or uses.

During CC I saw people moaning again about bug gun users because they were getting a higher score than them.
I personally think it's childish to call people out that way as they have the option to use them to and it's not like they're causing all the lag on empty shards.

John2984
02-26-2018, 08:41 PM
I have to use infectors. It's the easiest way to get points for my style of play. Event majors are like a game of tag. Tag the enemy and then run like hell to the next one. It's t11 though, so I don't worry too much about not getting a tag on monarchs. Regular PvE though? I have to pick a spot and camp there. Weapons are evolving in Defiance. I think that change will be necessary eventually. Tl10 was fine back when the majority of players were using generics with t4s. T6 Dynamic weapons with t5 mods will be what's common in the future.