PDA

View Full Version : Really Swell

Johnny Dbag
02-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Really swell how y'all had an overhaul on rig crates and "upped the drop rate" to bilk us out of our money full well knowing the port was coming and none of the gear would transfer. Very insulting to the current player base. A bold move, and way too egotistical to think we would brush that under the rug and follow to the next version.

We will probably never play the new version. If we do, we will be FTP only and just continue to complain on the forums until all the paid content is released for free.

Heishiro Mitsurugi
02-27-2018, 12:23 PM
Feel your pain

Bentu
02-27-2018, 12:24 PM
I sort of came to the conclusion that there was no point in spending anymore on this game when they released the possibility of a ps4 port.
I mean why would we spend anymore on this game if it was going next gen without a commitment to a character transfer.
I'm kinda glad I didn't buy the rig crate the other day.

Johnny Gatt
02-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Really swell how y'all had an overhaul on rig crates and "upped the drop rate" to bilk us out of our money full well knowing the port was coming and none of the gear would transfer. Very insulting to the current player base. A bold move, and way too egotistical to think we would brush that under the rug and follow to the next version.

We will probably never play the new version. If we do, we will be FTP only and just continue to complain on the forums until all the paid content is released for free.

A few people saw this coming, especially after the last update when t4 and t5 loot started dropping from enemies.
Its a shame that we can not transfer our toons and gear that we spent so much time and money building.
At least we can roll in as an ego 20 with the title Old School. What a joke.
My patron expires at end of March. When it exires, I retire.
I will not spend any more bits on this game. If, and I mean If, I decide to check out 2050, it will be ftp only. I won't spend a single penny knowing it will be all for nothing.
I have been playing since early 2013. Every day. I never left, or took a break from the game.
We all know what will happen to the ps3 and xbox 360 servers as soon as 2050 launches, so my wallet is closed.

edispilfnairb
02-27-2018, 01:40 PM
A few people saw this coming, especially after the last update when t4 and t5 loot started dropping from enemies.
Its a shame that we can not transfer our toons and gear that we spent so much time and money building.
At least we can roll in as an ego 20 with the title Old School. What a joke.
My patron expires at end of March. When it exires, I retire.
I will not spend any more bits on this game. If, and I mean If, I decide to check out 2050, it will be ftp only. I won't spend a single penny knowing it will be all for nothing.
I have been playing since early 2013. Every day. I never left, or took a break from the game.
We all know what will happen to the ps3 and xbox 360 servers as soon as 2050 launches, so my wallet is closed.

They simply dont care about players who spent their hours&cash ... as long as they dont fix their mistakes im not going to play defiance too...

They haven’t fixed anything in 5 years. They continually slap their paying customers on the face. They provide subpar customer support. There is almost non exsistent communication about what is really going on 90 percent of the time. And all the players that don’t invest a dime will surely play on the new FTP. But that is a huge mistake on Trions part for you see they are a business. And the people that pay “ aka spend money” are the customers. The other 50 percent are just along for the ride. The F2P customers that spend 0 to extremely little money will not keep their game alive. And after this decision on Trions part gets more attention that will be the “only” people left playing their game. How’s that business model going to thrive?? Lol

Johnny Gatt
02-27-2018, 03:40 PM
They haven’t fixed anything in 5 years. They continually slap their paying customers on the face. They provide subpar customer support. There is almost non exsistent communication about what is really going on 90 percent of the time. And all the players that don’t invest a dime will surely play on the new FTP. But that is a huge mistake on Trions part for you see they are a business. And the people that pay “ aka spend money” are the customers. The other 50 percent are just along for the ride. The F2P customers that spend 0 to extremely little money will not keep their game alive. And after this decision on Trions part gets more attention that will be the “only” people left playing their game. How’s that business model going to thrive?? Lol

The new release did not just miracle itself into existence. It took a lot of money. It took a bit of time. All the money came from the current gen spenders.
I had a feeling that the money was being used for something, whether it was another Trion game, or new ip. We have been getting milked for quite a while now without any game fixes or new content. They kept quiet about this until the last minute for a reason. To keep us spending money on the current game.

No current veteran is going to spend money on 2050. I am assuming that Trion anticipates this and wrote us off in hopes that a new crop of next gen players will flock to the game with wallets open. Rather than build on a steady loyal base, they are going to pin the success of the game on players who come in, spend a few bucks during the week thay play, then wait for the next crop, and so on.

Light Energy
02-27-2018, 04:47 PM
It's early days, and a lot of food for thought.
I have a lot of mixed feelings at the moment, but hopefully it won't be as bad as some of us fear.

If I was in Trion's shoes, yes, I would want new customers/players ... but also want to keep as many existing customers too.
I think some kind of compromise could be made for existing players (I see the new 'Valor' system will do that to some extent, but we don't have all the details yet).

For example, an initial rushed thought/idea is this:

Everyone ... new players and old players ... start off at EGO 10 (or whatever).
But old players can pay for the transfer of as many items are possible (i.e. whichever weapons etc will still exist in Defiance 2050). The transferred gear could all be purple or something (a bit like Pursuit weapons) and locked on EGO 6000.
This gear could then be sitting in player's inventories ... ready for when they reach 6K.
Then they can perhaps reroll, upgrade to OJ and then supreme.
I would imagine most seasoned players would like the option to transfer at least a few favourites (where achievable).

I would hope that some kind of partial transfer was possible ... or at least the closest equivalent weapons could be selected etc.
I think some kind of compromise should be possible to keep the majority of people happy. :)

I realise Trion wants to encourage new players to try Defiance. But when I started playing Defiance in December 2016 ... I was not that bothered about other players who had better gear than me etc. In some cases, newly acquainted friends gave me JPs which I kept in my inventory ... ready for when I hit 6K. That was kinda cool. :cool:

Johnny Gatt
02-27-2018, 05:44 PM
It's early days, and a lot of food for thought.
I have a lot of mixed feelings at the moment, but hopefully it won't be as bad as some of us fear.

If I was in Trion's shoes, yes, I would want new customers/players ... but also want to keep as many existing customers too.
I think some kind of compromise could be made for existing players (I see the new 'Valor' system will do that to some extent, but we don't have all the details yet).

For example, an initial rushed thought/idea is this:

Everyone ... new players and old players ... start off at EGO 10 (or whatever).
But old players can pay for the transfer of as many items are possible (i.e. whichever weapons etc will still exist in Defiance 2050). The transferred gear could all be purple or something (a bit like Pursuit weapons) and locked on EGO 6000.
This gear could then be sitting in player's inventories ... ready for when they reach 6K.
Then they can perhaps reroll, upgrade to OJ and then supreme.
I would imagine most seasoned players would like the option to transfer at least a few favourites (where achievable).

I would hope that some kind of partial transfer was possible ... or at least the closest equivalent weapons could be selected etc.
I think some kind of compromise should be possible to keep the majority of people happy. :)

I realise Trion wants to encourage new players to try Defiance. But when I started playing Defiance in December 2016 ... I was not that bothered about other players who had better gear than me etc. In some cases, newly acquainted friends gave me JPs which I kept in my inventory ... ready for when I hit 6K. That was kinda cool. :cool:

An option to pay to transfer items i already paid for does not seem like an option i would relish.
If i go to new platform, it would be as stictly free to play. Not going to give them any more money.
I just bought a cerberus bundle a few months ago for 50 bucks. Do I pay more to transfer it to 2050?
Granted, i am able to use this gear on ps3 as long as the servers are up, but once everyone stops spending money, how long is that going to be?

Bushede Jade
02-27-2018, 06:07 PM

It's Clear, it's not what your saying, or renewing. It's what you're not saying and renewing, that suspends what you're actually relaying and renewing, which questions has been answered, but you've been pursuiting answers to questions. However, you didn't like the answer, because there's one thing blinding visuals....., your penny satisfactions. (And i'm sure it's not just one thing). Capcom Japan made themselves clear during their 1st Private Press Conference

So the question's subtain...., is circles all you have to Offer Game World?

Lycan Nightshade
02-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Il never spend a dime playing a trion game. Hell il never sully any of my systems with a trion game.

Bushede Jade
02-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Il never spend a dime playing a trion game. Hell il never sully any of my systems with a trion game.

Yet, you're still present......

Lycan Nightshade
02-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Why thank you captain obvious. Glad to know your eyes work.

Light Energy
02-27-2018, 10:39 PM
An option to pay to transfer items i already paid for does not seem like an option i would relish.
If i go to new platform, it would be as stictly free to play. Not going to give them any more money.
I just bought a cerberus bundle a few months ago for 50 bucks. Do I pay more to transfer it to 2050?
Granted, i am able to use this gear on ps3 as long as the servers are up, but once everyone stops spending money, how long is that going to be?
I understand how you feel about not wanting to give Trion any more money and I too bought the Cerberus bundle. But as an option, it's up to the individual players to decide on what they want to do :).
The main point of my post was to suggest a viable compromise; now that we know a wholesale, one-to-one transfer of every single weapon and outfit is not going to be possible.

Others suggested some form of payment (a one-off fee) to transfer characters / inventory before on the forum. Monetizing the transfer process financially incentivises Trion in the F2P model (and should cover the cost of coding the transfer automation).

For example, if Trion sees that it has 50,000 players all willing to pay $25 (or whatever) that could be an attractive additional way of funding (like having X amount of pre-orders). A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

CowdBlud
02-28-2018, 01:19 AM
I also meant to say in my other(thread) rant..

Why didn't they call it Defiance 2049 and just be done with the lack of imagination !?

lol

Celldweller
02-28-2018, 05:43 AM
Yea not getting your gear kind of sucks however no one here has played the new version to know what exactly is changing and why it's not possible. until then I would hold judgement and to be honest I'm kind of glad only for the reason that everyone will be on equal ground and the PvP side of things can hopefully be fixed. imagine new players coming in on day one only to see tons of other players with some of the best loot already, it would be a huge turnoff to many. I'm sure certain types of guns are being totally reworked and even the modding system may be totally changed who knows at this point. Also many many games that are of a similar free to play store pay model never make it this far and yes it's tough when they shut down or change but it's inevitable. defiance needs this updated overhaul to survive and since this game is pretty much the only of it's kind it should be able to stand out and thrive on the new systems. Also just look at what happened to marvel heroes omega when disney bought it. It will also be interesting to see what the valor program gives current players.

Johnny Stranger
02-28-2018, 06:17 AM
Yea not getting your gear kind of sucks however no one here has played the new version to know what exactly is changing and why it's not possible. until then I would hold judgement and to be honest I'm kind of glad only for the reason that everyone will be on equal ground and the PvP side of things can hopefully be fixed. imagine new players coming in on day one only to see tons of other players with some of the best loot already, it would be a huge turnoff to many. I'm sure certain types of guns are being totally reworked and even the modding system may be totally changed who knows at this point. Also many many games that are of a similar free to play store pay model never make it this far and yes it's tough when they shut down or change but it's inevitable. defiance needs this updated overhaul to survive and since this game is pretty much the only of it's kind it should be able to stand out and thrive on the new systems. Also just look at what happened to marvel heroes omega when disney bought it. It will also be interesting to see what the valor program gives current players.

New players come into games all the time without jack ... most games offer starter bundles etc ... ie , I started warframe with a starter pack , meanwhile most players had op gear etc .... not their fault ... they invested time and or money ... every game you start is going to be like that .... if it’s a brand new game , I can see trions point of view , but if I have to hop a fence after my carrier goes down and have a bullet 4 a bad man for the ninth time ... geez .. give me some incentive... not just better graphics ... and same missions , roadsides , sv conflicts etc ... I’ve done these 8 times over

OneBadClown
02-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Yea not getting your gear kind of sucks however no one here has played the new version to know what exactly is changing and why it's not possible. until then I would hold judgement and to be honest I'm kind of glad only for the reason that everyone will be on equal ground and the PvP side of things can hopefully be fixed. imagine new players coming in on day one only to see tons of other players with some of the best loot already, it would be a huge turnoff to many. I'm sure certain types of guns are being totally reworked and even the modding system may be totally changed who knows at this point. Also many many games that are of a similar free to play store pay model never make it this far and yes it's tough when they shut down or change but it's inevitable. defiance needs this updated overhaul to survive and since this game is pretty much the only of it's kind it should be able to stand out and thrive on the new systems. Also just look at what happened to marvel heroes omega when disney bought it. It will also be interesting to see what the valor program gives current players. Equal ground you say ,but for how long? Always new players coming in later and their not equal. All the scammers and hustlers will figure away around that. Pure rubbish. I paid my share and had patron pass, this
is just crap. They should have thought of the veterans of the game. Could've figured a way to incorporate for these people. Think of it this way, spend your whole life saving for retirement only
to find out its all gone and at say 66 yrs old have to keep working cause S.S. won't cut it.

stoodakiss
02-28-2018, 05:21 PM
FwI0u9L4R8U

ZC8UEi3oI4o