PDA

View Full Version : Australian ping

N7Drow
04-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Okay so I'm about to buy defiance, but I just would like to know if from Australia, will I have connections similar to those in global agenda? Because if so, there's no way I can play it. :(

Mooge
04-10-2013, 04:43 AM
I'm in Sydney and the PvE is fine. PvP I have not tried yet so I can't comment but I have noticed some bad lag during the day in large arkfalls with lots of players. In fairness the servers came down shortly after that so there may have been other issues than just load.

Global Agenda was great when we had the Singapore server. As bad as the US servers were the EU ones are what killed the game for me.

Brynnza
04-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Okay so I'm about to buy defiance, but I just would like to know if from Australia, will I have connections similar to those in global agenda? Because if so, there's no way I can play it. :(

I can play it on the US servers, no point entering the PVP instances though.
Thankfully PVP is a microdot of what this game has to offer - admittedly probably the most replayable and competitive microdot though.

PVE is fine with our ping though. A lot of this game is client side so it works well.

Still bull that they left not just a country but an entire region off their game.

Disarmonia
04-10-2013, 04:47 AM
I play from Australia in the middle of the country were the internet is terrible and I haven't had any lag issues at all playing on the North American client, not sure if I'am just not noticing since I don't play on Australian servers for any games I play or if there's just no lag problems on this game.

N7Drow
04-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Aight guys thanks for the positive replies. I'm worried about playing it in the afternoon as my internet company is a bunch of tools and I get 200ms to Australian servers, But the morning should be fine.

alobsterboy
04-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Aight guys thanks for the positive replies. I'm worried about playing it in the afternoon as my internet company is a bunch of tools and I get 200ms to Australian servers, But the morning should be fine.

i live in melbourne and use telstra (possibly the same bunch of tools) i play at all hours of the day and night and have had no issues at all with lag.

cheers