PDA

View Full Version : Free to Play Defiance 2050

Zombiejester
02-28-2018, 03:01 AM
Good morning Ark Hunters.

I am one of the veteran that played the game at launch 5 years ago. Even bought the game. Supported the change to F2P.

Unfortunately i stopped playing when the X1 launched due to selling the 360. I truly love the game and always wished for it to relaunch on the current generation. Well My wish has come true. The minute i found out, i registered again and signed up for the beta immediately. Came on here and see the usual "not buying" posts.

Well i need to clarify. I'm not a developer of any kind. But i have done researchs into defiance 2050. It looks like it's set to go F2P at launch. Meaning we won't buy the game. They will go the route of F2P games and sell items ingame.

I understand some of you says not buying cuz of no transfers. Its not 100% confirmed yet. Give it time. You can always play the game and not buy anything this time around. Play the game to your liking.

My point of this is for you guys to understand that from what I've read on alot sources, Defiance 2050 is being launched as a F2P title.

WhiteStrike
02-28-2018, 03:31 AM
There's also the fact that gear is very likely untransferable due to the gear system being completely different, as shown in the Dev Trailer.

drackiller
02-28-2018, 08:37 AM
I`m in your situation too, when i saw the news i inscrived my self for the PS4 version of the beta.
Having my old stuff back would be great but at the momment it`s not a big deal for me. But i also understand the frustration of the ones complaining if the items, gear, etc are not transferable.
I was one of those that asked many times for an upgrade of the game from last gen to actual gen of consoles, and we always got the answer that it will never happen.
It was a missed oportunity at that time and i hope that the game can be relaunched with success now.
Im quite excited actually, Defiance is one of the most fun games that i ever played.

syindicate
03-04-2018, 02:48 AM
Good morning Ark Hunters.

I am one of the veteran that played the game at launch 5 years ago. Even bought the game. Supported the change to F2P.

Unfortunately i stopped playing when the X1 launched due to selling the 360. I truly love the game and always wished for it to relaunch on the current generation. Well My wish has come true. The minute i found out, i registered again and signed up for the beta immediately. Came on here and see the usual "not buying" posts.

Well i need to clarify. I'm not a developer of any kind. But i have done researchs into defiance 2050. It looks like it's set to go F2P at launch. Meaning we won't buy the game. They will go the route of F2P games and sell items ingame.

I understand some of you says not buying cuz of no transfers. Its not 100% confirmed yet. Give it time. You can always play the game and not buy anything this time around. Play the game to your liking.

My point of this is for you guys to understand that from what I've read on alot sources, Defiance 2050 is being launched as a F2P title.

Same I grinded for my gear and I have 2n half thousand hours in itthe game needs nothing to carry over accept slots and refund if bits that's it economy needs a reset and events relaunched with the old swimming swan in PvP again