PDA

View Full Version : Defiance 2050 (Clans)

Alahali
02-28-2018, 07:48 AM
Hi Devs, what's up about the name of the clans?, I suppose the veterans ark hunters could they want join in their old clans in Def '50.
The founders (maybe leaders), Could claim their right or exclusivity? :confused:

WhiteStrike
02-28-2018, 07:54 AM
Hi Devs, what's up about the name of the clans?, I suppose the veterans ark hunters could they want join in their old clans in Def '50.
The founders (maybe leaders), Could claim their right or exclusivity? :confused:

The ability to reserve clan names would be nice.

r1p
02-28-2018, 09:43 AM
I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.

professor chaos69
02-28-2018, 03:39 PM
The ability to reserve clan names would be nice.

^ +1 That or a active player clan transfer would be better

Hopefully on Friday we will hear more about this

Darksider
03-01-2018, 02:11 AM
This would be cool. My clan is dead as hell but would love to try to kick-start it again in 2050.

richardkrainium
03-01-2018, 03:07 AM
betting there is gonna be a 1000 member cap this time

MagnusRune Daltus
03-01-2018, 04:55 AM
I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.

not sure this is an issue.. i create a clan in defiance right now called, magnus-group.. ok.. well who can i sell it too? will members of say nuclear rubber want it? well no... hmm maybe members of Magnus The Red will want it? no.. right they have that name as a 40k reference.. well no one will want it then.. hmm and i cant create a clan which already exists.... well i guess there is zero point in doing this..

unless you think would be portifatble, can you explain how?

betting there is gonna be a 1000 member cap this time

hope not... overly large clans have a weakness as much as small clans do. a super large clan can be almost impossible to organise large events for.. but they do get the clan activites done quicker.. i think NR was the 1st on the xboxeu by just a day to hit levle 10 in everything. and the ones who did it int he next couple days and weeks, were at times less than 10% our size.. didnt mean they were ****.. no just because NR had 3-4000 members at that time, didnt mean we had 3-4000 active players... we had barely more active than the other clans did. but where say ark legion elite had far far far fewer numbers, they (at the time) only accepted higher level players, so they were doing more per person then NR was. for every veteran they had doing 6 hours a day, we had 10 newbs who would do 3 hours a day.

many clans on xbox eu started as member of the large clans like NR, and once they got through the learning curve, and found a group of other players on at the same time, or like minded, they left NR and formed their own clans. he ALE was formed of vet members of NR and Ark legion, who had all met in PvP, and well didnt like all the new people always joining. so they formed their own.

forcing a limit of 1000 members, will force clans to cull members, who might jsut be on break.. get back and find they have been booted and lost their clan boosts and clan contribution score.

konstantinov
03-01-2018, 05:35 AM
not sure this is an issue.. i create a clan in defiance right now called, magnus-group.. ok.. well who can i sell it too? will members of say nuclear rubber want it? well no... hmm maybe members of Magnus The Red will want it? no.. right they have that name as a 40k reference.. well no one will want it then.. hmm and i cant create a clan which already exists.... well i guess there is zero point in doing this..

hope not... overly large clans have a weakness as much as small clans do. a super large clan can be almost impossible to organise large events for.. but they do get the clan activites done quicker.. i think NR was the 1st on the xboxeu by just a day to hit levle 10 in everything. and the ones who did it int he next couple days and weeks, were at times less than 10% our size.. didnt mean they were ****.. no just because NR had 3-4000 members at that time, didnt mean we had 3-4000 active players... we had barely more active than the other clans did. but where say ark legion elite had far far far fewer numbers, they (at the time) only accepted higher level players, so they were doing more per person then NR was. for every veteran they had doing 6 hours a day, we had 10 newbs who would do 3 hours a day.

many clans on xbox eu started as member of the large clans like NR, and once they got through the learning curve, and found a group of other players on at the same time, or like minded, they left NR and formed their own clans. he ALE was formed of vet members of NR and Ark legion, who had all met in PvP, and well didnt like all the new people always joining. so they formed their own.

forcing a limit of 1000 members, will force clans to cull members, who might jsut be on break.. get back and find they have been booted and lost their clan boosts and clan contribution score.

So if someone took Nuclear Rubber then it'd be ok? You'd be ok if someone took your in game name too? You're assuming that there will be clan boosts and contribution. I think a cap of 1000 is more than enough. You want us to believe that you communicate with and can organize 3-4000 members? You must be running a Fortune 500 company. How's that clan chat with 3-4000 mics going all at once?

Alahali
03-01-2018, 06:42 AM
So if someone took Nuclear Rubber then it'd be ok? You'd be ok if someone took your in game name too?

That's the idea, I think is the desire of many .. meet again with their clan with friends.
I wouldn't like to see "Defiance terminators" founded by newbies that will play 4 hours per week.
Each one of us know the importance of their clan but anyway apparently there is no form to prevent it ... at least for now.

(take note)

richardkrainium
03-01-2018, 06:50 AM
im a member of ale on eu

r1p
03-01-2018, 06:50 AM

It's not about the "magnus-group" it's about people creating accounts to cyber-squat on names like "Murder Incorporated" or "Elite Ark Hunters". Even if it isn't likely (**and it probably is) it's not like the restriction is inequitable. The point may be moot since we don't even know if they will allow clan transfers.

**People will buy and sell anything in this game. I saw someone in zone the other day trying to buy ark salvage.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-01-2018, 07:03 AM
players sell whole accounts full of gear in game all time . and what does trion do about it?

MagnusRune Daltus
03-01-2018, 08:42 AM
It's not about the "magnus-group" it's about people creating accounts to cyber-squat on names like "Murder Incorporated" or "Elite Ark Hunters". Even if it isn't likely (**and it probably is) it's not like the restriction is inequitable. The point may be moot since we don't even know if they will allow clan transfers.

**People will buy and sell anything in this game. I saw someone in zone the other day trying to buy ark salvage.

but they wont be able to do that till the game is live.... you talking about peope going onto defiance NOW and doing it..

''I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.''

created before the announcement, means created on defiance 1 not defiance 2050...

no one can make any clan right now, that will steal mine or or anyone elses clan name.. the issue is when 2050 comes out.

MagnusRune Daltus
03-01-2018, 08:43 AM
So if someone took Nuclear Rubber then it'd be ok? You'd be ok if someone took your in game name too? You're assuming that there will be clan boosts and contribution. I think a cap of 1000 is more than enough. You want us to believe that you communicate with and can organize 3-4000 members? You must be running a Fortune 500 company. How's that clan chat with 3-4000 mics going all at once?

but how can someone take the name of the clan that is already ingame... he was talking about peope going and making clans NOW to squat on the names... which means inm defiance, not 2050.. which is where there will be this issue.

konstantinov
03-01-2018, 09:03 AM
but how can someone take the name of the clan that is already ingame... he was talking about peope going and making clans NOW to squat on the names... which means inm defiance, not 2050.. which is where there will be this issue.

Because we’re being sold (told) a ~new game.

MagnusRune Daltus
03-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Because we’re being sold (told) a ~new game.

but this thread was already about safeguarding current clan names in the new game

the other guy said this should exclude any clans made after now... as they will be for squatting.. which makes zero sense.. as if we get the names reserved, there should be no limit as to how old a clan has to be to get protected..

konstantinov
03-01-2018, 09:26 AM
but this thread was already about safeguarding current clan names in the new game

the other guy said this should exclude any clans made after now... as they will be for squatting.. which makes zero sense.. as if we get the names reserved, there should be no limit as to how old a clan has to be to get protected..

Personally any clan names that were created prior to the start of 2018 should be reserved for the founders of said clans.

Hexthat
03-01-2018, 09:33 AM
why does this matter? can't you all use new clan names and be fine? Is your imagination severely limited?

MagnusRune Daltus
03-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Personally any clan names that were created prior to the start of 2018 should be reserved for the founders of said clans.

so if i make a new clan now.. it shouldnt be reserved? it should be all or none

r1p
03-01-2018, 09:34 AM
but they wont be able to do that till the game is live.... you talking about peope going onto defiance NOW and doing it..

''I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.''

created before the announcement, means created on defiance 1 not defiance 2050...

no one can make any clan right now, that will steal mine or or anyone elses clan name.. the issue is when 2050 comes out.

I'm not talking about stealing existing clan names and I'm not sure how many different ways that I can word this: IF Trion transfers clans that ALREADY EXIST ON DEFIANCE 1 TO DEFIANCE 2050 then it should be limited to clans that WERE CREATED ON DEFIANCE 1 BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEFIANCE 2050. This would help prevent people from CREATING NEW CLANS IN DEFIANCE 1 right now (today, tomorrow, up until the point that Trion actually transfers the clans) for the sole purpose of selling/trading them to new players in DEFIANCE 2050 AFTER IT GOES LIVE.

Hexthat
03-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Personally if I was a founder of a huge clan and on Defiance 2050 the name was taken, I just make mine another name. Like really? really? this is just dumb

konstantinov
03-01-2018, 09:39 AM
so if i make a new clan now.. it shouldnt be reserved? it should be all or none

Ok then I vote to reserve none of the clan names. I change my clan name enough to not care anyways.

After close to 5 years of defiance I’ve learned nothing is sacred no matter the cost.

MagnusRune Daltus
03-01-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm not talking about stealing existing clan names and I'm not sure how many different ways that I can word this: IF Trion transfers clans that ALREADY EXIST ON DEFIANCE 1 TO DEFIANCE 2050 then it should be limited to clans that WERE CREATED ON DEFIANCE 1 BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEFIANCE 2050. This would help prevent people from CREATING NEW CLANS IN DEFIANCE 1 right now (today, tomorrow, up until the point that Trion actually transfers the clans) for the sole purpose of selling/trading them to new players in DEFIANCE 2050 AFTER IT GOES LIVE.

but theres not a limit of clans avalaible.... and your missing the HUGE problem with your claim... the name of the clan.. so what if someone makes fouishdfodsahfgljsd clan today.. no one will ever want that in 2050...

asi i said, all the good funny names are already taken.. and all the non conventional names that would be popular, are already around... theres no issue with people making new clans now to sit on names... as if the name was worth sitting on, it would already be a clan name

Alahali
03-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Personally if I was a founder of a huge clan and on Defiance 2050 the name was taken, I just make mine another name. Like really? really? this is just dumb

Don't consider dumb the different opinions.
After so many years is not unreasonable to have a sense of belonging.

Hexthat
03-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Don't consider dumb the different opinions.
After so many years is not unreasonable to have a sense of belonging.

and only one clan name can give you this belonging?

Alahali
03-01-2018, 10:38 AM
and only one clan name can give you this belonging?

Yes and their people (some friends), is like a soccer club ... will never change their name.

(I suppose this types of fanaticism is typical of the south america).

OneBadClown
03-03-2018, 03:35 PM
So how do you really feel about this. LOL xD

JOCCO5150
03-03-2018, 03:51 PM
That's the idea, I think is the desire of many .. meet again with their clan with friends.
I wouldn't like to see "Defiance terminators" founded by newbies that will play 4 hours per week.
Each one of us know the importance of their clan but anyway apparently there is no form to prevent it ... at least for now.

(take note)

No one better steal Defiance Terminators

Mr NeedIes
03-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Why should I lose access to my clan name because I can't remember my old account info and don't have access to the recovery email anymore?

JOCCO5150
03-03-2018, 04:58 PM
It might just be a mad dash to get your clan name

Tauriiel
03-03-2018, 07:36 PM
No one better steal Defiance Terminators

I'm not sure if Axe will be playing 2050, but rest assured, I will definitely try to be the first to claim it in any case.

JOCCO5150
03-03-2018, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if Axe will be playing 2050, but rest assured, I will definitely try to be the first to claim it in any case.

If not I will too. One of us will get it. If I got it I would promote you to founder

Razoreddie
03-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Anybody hear anything that there might be an in game Clan Finder doo-hickie? Finding a clan you like and is about how you like to play is a crapshoot right now. Not many Clans in the forums looking for folks. Clan finder in game like they have for Rift would be an excellent addition.

MagnusRune Daltus
03-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Anybody hear anything that there might be an in game Clan Finder doo-hickie? Finding a clan you like and is about how you like to play is a crapshoot right now. Not many Clans in the forums looking for folks. Clan finder in game like they have for Rift would be an excellent addition.

well back when the game was new, clans were allways posting that they are recruting, and play style ect. but everyone is in clans now.. certain clans are known for ''just want to pvp? join X'' or ''your level 40? and just want random advice now and then? join X''

once 2050 goes live, clans will see posts again asking people to join, and advertising them selves.

Alahali
03-05-2018, 03:20 PM

I will be there at that time, would you accept a noob?

JOCCO5150
03-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Haha. We all gonna be noobs again

Alahali
03-05-2018, 04:12 PM

:cool: ...but with titles

Tauriiel
03-05-2018, 05:18 PM

We're gonna hold hands and noob it up together.
#nonoobleftbehind

JOCCO5150
03-05-2018, 05:34 PM
We're gonna hold hands and noob it up together.
#nonoobleftbehind

Imagine all the new smgs you get to collect

Bentu
03-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Imagine being able to upgrade weapons all the way from white.
That would be truly weapon crafting.

Jimmie Mac
03-05-2018, 06:49 PM

Count me in!

Tauriiel
03-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Man, don't call me out like this. LOL No, but I'm going to need every ounce of inventory space I have now especially...

Imagine being able to upgrade weapons all the way from white.
That would be truly weapon crafting.

—especially if we're able to craft like that ^^^ or even a variation of it. Building toward our play style?? Ugh. I hope it's a function that WORKS, lmao.

Count me in!

Of course!!!!! I can't wait to be ping-pong'd around by some enemies with you as we climb back to the top!

PurePlayinSerb
03-08-2018, 12:09 PM
yeah i logged on to defiance today to see my inventory and stuff, my clan still has 320 people problem is last active player was on 900 days ago lol, but i will resurrect my clan to glory, whether its the same name or not

Alahali
03-08-2018, 12:43 PM
yeah i logged on to defiance today to see my inventory and stuff, my clan still has 320 people problem is last active player was on 900 days ago lol, but i will resurrect my clan to glory, whether its the same name or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQHi1QXboo

PurePlayinSerb
03-08-2018, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQHi1QXboo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

more like this

Alahali
03-09-2018, 04:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

more like this

While we wait the response or solutions of the Devs about this topic ... the best version for me is ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bztYvKl-XYg

Greybush
03-09-2018, 06:46 AM
Yes, hi... I'd like to reserve both "Grey's Baes" and "Fifty Shades of Greybush" please. That is all.

Shabloips

Tauriiel
03-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Yes, hi... I'd like to reserve both "Grey's Baes" and "Fifty Shades of Greybush" please. That is all.

Shabloips

I want to reserve a toon in Fifty Shades, please & thank you.

Greybush
03-09-2018, 09:25 AM
I want to reserve a toon in Fifty Shades, please & thank you.

Consider it done.

Quebra Regra
03-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Agreed.

Reserving DAWN PATROL for Crix.

PurePlayinSerb
03-12-2018, 10:00 AM
It might just be a mad dash to get your clan name

lol it was a mad dash to get my clan name 5 years ago, i'm fully prepared to mad dash to get it again

PurePlayinSerb
03-12-2018, 10:06 AM

don't worry the big time og clans from 2013 who knew how to recruit thousands of members are returning

JOCCO5150
03-12-2018, 12:18 PM
lol it was a mad dash to get my clan name 5 years ago, i'm fully prepared to mad dash to get it again

Hopefully everything works out for everyone.

PurePlayinSerb
03-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Hopefully everything works out for everyone.

whether i get my original clan name back or not, doesnt matter to me, cause its the clan leader that makes the clan not the name, but obviously i want my original clan name back cause of its history as being one of the original big three clans, but even if someone were to be a nuisance and take my clan name, i know it will be mismanaged and not the real defiant few. see y'all in paradise

Bushede Jade
03-12-2018, 04:19 PM

Pandora Claw, Executive Of Muir, (many Arkfall Legendary Clan Leaderships under her Dynasty), and World Ark Diplomat Of Central Horizon, (Bushede Jade), Veteran a sense of belonging in Planet Ark's Chronicles/History, teaching counter questions, measured Ark-Civilian of our own....,
The Ark Watch, Conductor Of Water Temple Shrine, (re-perming many otherwise Establishments in World Of Defiance), observation of Clan Organizations, followed by understanding that wasn't pottery as math flattering........, how neutronics World Ark Clan Founders, maybe Leaders, (both World Ark's Phonics gym's incorrect), could claim Regional Rights, or Exclusivity, dining, 99.9% of Clan Organizations never worked for an Ark-Region, (in practice, before that Region and Regional Uniques suited Ark-Work's Efforts), succeeding to Rank Level Two, nightfall along side what a Clan Organization meant in terms of definition, passing Clan Organization's Jazz as Rank Level One?

Kilo-Spot as Leader Board's Organization, all Visionaries pension Clan Operations paused across the cause, including structuring face Operations outside Clan's Quarters, and strings a-patched Operations, but why no solid World Ark Success featuring within an Ark Regional Setting's Existing, besides stepping knowns monetarying many Ark beginnings, present, and now sporting Ark-Past to greeting Ark-Futuring?

As Ark-Bookkeeper and World Ark Diplomat for Central Horizon, Quest Hall's Ifinite Of Creating Clan Organization's Network, Ark-Mother Of It's Understanding emphasising, was journalist as bigger than Strike and Jade, and Principle fufilling many Hidden Area, Regional, and World Ark Pursuit, which then Crono Trigger's Planet Ark Pursuits. World Ark Requests that goes beyond what A Clan Leader's means, in terms of how Clan Leaders have been particle, approaching what Clan Organizations perception.

Respectfully, the question's/acceleration's the other way around. Did Clan Organizations, (not just Clan Leadership), fufilled the True Role As A Clan Oranization?

(The Clan Organizations who succeeded were well known, and ventured many Uncharted Planes on the Ark. And asked for nothing in return, but to Rank/Level World Of Defiance's Imagination to Rank Level Two, and The Second Understanding Created By Gameplanet Minds Before Planet Ark Austin, Pulled The Trigger At The End Of The Third Ark Generation, Transcending A Totaly New Era on Planet Ark, that slowly harvest gaining momentum, and looming was the 4th World Ark Generation)

Alahali
03-13-2018, 04:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zNlyn4k.jpg

SHiftt87
03-13-2018, 04:28 AM
I think reserving clan names should be a thing. Especially for the big name clans that were out there. Only makes sense. But as someone mentioned in this thread earlier. its not the name but the leadership that makes the clan. Could have the dorkiest name ever but still be big if you know how to manage it.

Alahali
03-13-2018, 04:41 AM
I think reserving clan names should be a thing. Especially for the big name clans that were out there. Only makes sense. .

Thou hast said it.

Tauriiel
03-13-2018, 05:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zNlyn4k.jpg

LMAO! Thanks for this, Ala. I needed a good laugh before work this morning!

Alahali
03-13-2018, 05:17 AM
LMAO! Thanks for this, Ala. I needed a good laugh before work this morning!

Yw, have a nice day ..

Bushede Jade
03-13-2018, 05:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zNlyn4k.jpg Indeed...., What learning i may say so.....?, retrospective Executive of Muir and Central Horizon's point. Clan Leadership and Clan Members mocking Progression of each other, tribunal Quest Hall Officals who scriptorium many of their Ark-Evenings, Air-Brushing Funeral Of A World Ark Experience, (but as you individaully stimulated Topic's appreciation), taverns of annoyance ( Alahali's fur), wasn't, isn't, and still un-important until when, Defiance 5020?

(Jumps in Rigg heading for the Ark......)

Alahali
03-13-2018, 05:49 AM
Indeed...., What learning i may say so.....?, retrospective Executive of Muir and Central Horizon's point. Clan Leadership and Clan Members mocking Progression of each other, tribunal Quest Hall Officals who scriptorium many of their Ark-Evening, Air-brushing funeral of a World Ark Experience, (but as you individaully stimulated Topic's appreciation), taverns of annoyance ( Alahali's fur), wasn't, isn't, and still un-important until when, Defiance 5020?

(Jumps in Rigg heading for the Ark......)

Thanks for the support

Bushede Jade
03-13-2018, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the support Respectfully, misunderstanding never Tatoo our Support. Understanding was un-fitting during General Discussions, and didn't orientational serious Dialogue, but rather, random variables timberland it's entitled to Transports, standard as, non-importance's to visiting proliferations...

(There's A Difference).....

Ryu Soba JP
03-13-2018, 06:29 AM

Shabloips
Spit my drink out reading that 50shades comment. Lmao

Alahali
03-24-2018, 02:36 PM
... so we have some changes about the clans but, the name of the clans that made history in Defiance should be respected and reserved for their founders (please keep that in mind).