PDA

View Full Version : 2050 modding

JOCCO5150
03-04-2018, 09:22 AM
This is what I'm imagining 2050 weapon modding to be like.

They hinted at taking away rng pretty much, also hints of no mods to pick up. Just salvage, and scrip.

So, now if you want to put more dmg, bigger clip, less recoil, better sight, or even higher Fire rate, you just have to pick up enough salvage and scrip and you can mod how you want.

I love it!

Bentu
03-04-2018, 09:29 AM
I did notice an epic weapon only has 3 roles, white/green/blue.
No epic role.

Some screen shots in this post.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?294681-Defiance-Livestream-Friday-3-2-at-10-30am-PST!&p=2080089&viewfull=1#post2080089

JOCCO5150
03-04-2018, 09:36 AM
I did notice an epic weapon only has 3 roles, white/green/blue.
No epic role.

Some screen shots in this post.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?294681-Defiance-Livestream-Friday-3-2-at-10-30am-PST!&p=2080089&viewfull=1#post2080089

Well they did say there would be some rng with the weapon drops. Those rolls look weird

Johnny Stranger
03-04-2018, 10:16 AM
I never saw any nanos on rarnoks gun unless I missed that

JOCCO5150
03-04-2018, 10:20 AM
I never saw any nanos on rarnoks gun unless I missed that

Wouldn't it be nice if you could mod for what nano you wanted too?

defiancegame
03-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Modding a weapon without putting mods is modding???:confused: It also means people will be communicating and trading less due to the non-existent mods!

JOCCO5150
03-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Modding a weapon without putting mods is modding???:confused: It also means people will be communicating and trading less due to the non-existent mods!

If you pick up salvage from guns and use that salvage to mod your gun it is more realistic of what it would be like I think. Maybe salvage will be tradable even.

neknace1977
03-05-2018, 07:59 AM
I have a feeling the salvage we will get will be minimal and the fact there is now gun specific salvage it's just another overpriced bit store purchase now. I'm trying to stay positive about 2050 but so far it looks like their only intention is to feed us a reskined defiance with a more bit store driven direction, yess they said we can earn everything in-game but look how they dole out af it'll be along tedious grind in 5 year old missions and pursuits.

Bentu
03-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Each weapon requiring it's own specific salvage to work effectively.
That's a whole lot of salvage to store plus we know how Trion feels about grinding.
Getting the specific salvage needed could be quite time consuming.

Gaige12
03-05-2018, 08:53 AM

Not if you buy the specific weapon salvage cache in the bitstore. :/

JOCCO5150
03-05-2018, 09:33 AM
Each weapon requiring it's own specific salvage to work effectively.
That's a whole lot of salvage to store plus we know how Trion feels about grinding.

From what I understood you can use any salvage for any gun, but specific salvage would give you more for that specific gun.

And they also said that they weren't putting stuff in bit store related to power in game.

neknace1977
03-05-2018, 12:30 PM
If they don't put stuff related to better gear/power in the bit store what are they gonna sell? I doubt vanity bundles, inventory slots, skins that are only cosmetic and patron passes are enough to keep the game afloat.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-05-2018, 12:57 PM
so in them pics did yall the cyber rig icon at the top? maybe transfer our rigs?
paying scrip to mod my gun is so lame.

JOCCO5150
03-05-2018, 04:05 PM
so in them pics did yall the cyber rig icon at the top? maybe transfer our rigs?
paying scrip to mod my gun is so lame.

At least there will be something to spend scrip on

DEATHBRINGER210
03-05-2018, 04:30 PM
At least there will be something to spend scrip on

there is plenty to spend scrip on now. modding my guns now cost forge and ark salvage . not salvage and scrip.

Razoreddie
03-06-2018, 10:47 AM
If they don't put stuff related to better gear/power in the bit store what are they gonna sell? I doubt vanity bundles, inventory slots, skins that are only cosmetic and patron passes are enough to keep the game afloat.

I believe that is how they do it in Rift, Trion's other game.

r1p
03-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Well they did say there would be some rng with the weapon drops. Those rolls look weird

I think the rolls look weird because they're not the rolls we are used to seeing. The screenshot for the pistol has a white Armor Penetration roll and a green Shield Damage roll which means that it is likely that that the number of bonuses for each weapon type has increased. Depending on how crafting is implemented it may either make for a better experience that allows us to create weapons for every scenario or make it a complete PITA to create a decent weapon at all. I'm also trying to avoid thinking about the possibility that crafting might be tied to a bit store currency like Ark Forge is today.

JOCCO5150
03-06-2018, 11:21 AM
I think the rolls look weird because they're not the rolls we are used to seeing. The screenshot for the pistol has a white Armor Penetration roll and a green Shield Damage roll which means that it is likely that that the number of bonuses for each weapon type has increased. Depending on how crafting is implemented it may either make for a better experience that allows us to create weapons for every scenario or make it a complete PITA to create a decent weapon at all. I'm also trying to avoid thinking about the possibility that crafting might be tied to a bit store currency like Ark Forge is today.

They said something about no power items being in bit store. They need to make bits tradable like platinum in warframe.