PDA

View Full Version : How do i know if ive entered into the Beta draw?

MagnusRune Daltus
03-05-2018, 05:39 AM
every time i go back to the beta thing, and sign in, it asks me which platform. when i select, it says thanks for entering, bt if i go in again, even while logged in.. it asks which one do i want...

is there any kind of email notification i should have got? or something in my account details?

KevinVonBach
03-05-2018, 06:03 AM
After receiving the same results, my only guess is that we have to wait.

The beta codes will be arriving... SOON*

Johnny Stranger
03-05-2018, 06:40 AM
It’s rng to get into beta testing.... I’m sure you’ll get an email if you won .. or not lmao

MagnusRune Daltus
03-05-2018, 09:52 AM
It’s rng to get into beta testing.... I’m sure you’ll get an email if you won .. or not lmao

i know that part, i mean how do i know ive entered successfully? every time i go back to page, i can enter again.. there no 'thank you for you application to join the beta, we will be in touch'' email

KevinVonBach
03-05-2018, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing there isn't any kind of an email notification, because when I confirmed my platform of choice after using my Glyph info to sign up... I'm taken to a "Thank You! You've signed up for the closed beta" notification screen.

Thunder Gun Express
03-05-2018, 08:50 PM
They shouldnt limit it...just put the beta on the PS store for all and let thousands download and play so we can see how stability is with so many ppls online :(

Tauriiel
03-05-2018, 11:16 PM
My main concern is newer player's gaining access before long time players. Free for all upon a chance it might be, but people who've been playing Defiance 1.0 for the last 4+ years deserve to be the first ones gaining access to the beta. We all might be testing how things play out, but older player's would know what specifically to look for in terms of pre-existing bugs that we've dealt with over the years.

What a weird way to conduct a closed beta. Then again, I've played very few of them so what do I know.

KevinVonBach
03-06-2018, 06:01 AM
My main concern is newer player's gaining access before long time players. Free for all upon a chance it might be, but people who've been playing Defiance 1.0 for the last 4+ years deserve to be the first ones gaining access to the beta. We all might be testing how things play out, but older player's would know what specifically to look for in terms of pre-existing bugs that we've dealt with over the years.

What a weird way to conduct a closed beta. Then again, I've played very few of them so what do I know.

Inclusive > exclusive

Bullet Babe
03-06-2018, 06:11 AM

Yeah no kidding

Logain
03-06-2018, 06:15 AM
My guess is that nothing from Beta will carry over. Think of it as a buggy PTS.

Dolnor
03-06-2018, 06:18 AM
RNG For the Win! It would be nice to help test the new game. I am in the same pool as everyone else, no preferences from past testing efforts. I expect the same chances even if I helped with in-house events on the original Defiance game (at the San Diego studio before it was closed).

If I'm in, great. If not, I hope the beta bugs found help make the new game stable and *almost* bug free! -)

TQQdles™

Bentu
03-06-2018, 06:43 AM
The beta testing will only be to stress test the servers but if people do decide to do some real bug hunting lol then I'm sure there'll be plenty to find.

Johnny Stranger
03-06-2018, 10:08 AM
The beta testing will only be to stress test the servers but if people do decide to do some real bug hunting lol then I'm sure there'll be plenty to find.

lol, and not just HELL bugs...

John2984
03-06-2018, 10:43 AM
I suppose the only trade-off will be valor. Yes, there will be plenty of new Defiance players in beta. As I see it, being left out will give most current Defiance players a chance to grind out those pursuits. Those maxed out though...carry us? Lol, really though, I feel bad for those that were around for 3+ years. I would have loved to see a system where things like the "Old school" title automatically meant beta.

Edit: Add "Guinea Pig" in there as well. Those players did a lot for Defiance.

superstorm
03-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Why there is no closed alpha?? Like 5 years ago.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
03-06-2018, 11:56 AM
RNG for the beta access. Lmao.

Let's hope the emails with beta access codes find the inboxes of players better than the inboxes of those that won the super weapons packs. :)

TrionMobi
03-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Hey all, thanks for signing up for Beta and I let our team know so we can improve the confirmation after applying. We certainly look forward to veteran Defiance players getting to play during Beta and giving us their feedback. Also, Beta progress will be cleared before Defiance 2050 launches, similar to other Betas.

konstantinov
03-06-2018, 01:02 PM
How do you guys (Trion) plan on verifying players signing up for beta have access to ps4/xbone? What’s to prevent players from signing up and selling codes in game to the highest bidder?

DEATHBRINGER210
03-06-2018, 01:08 PM
how many players are yall gonna allow to beta test? yall need at least 200 plus to stress test the servers.

Mr NeedIes
03-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Would love to get a shot at the beta. I lost my old email so I don't have my old account but I was around for the first games beta and launch :)

finno1985
03-07-2018, 06:32 AM

Man you know we won't have to try very hard to find bugs in a defiance game lol

KevinVonBach
03-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Let's hope the emails with beta access codes find the inboxes of players better than the inboxes of those that won the super weapons packs.

From your keyboard to the Trion gawd's ears.

Bentu
03-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Man you know we won't have to try very hard to find bugs in a defiance game lol

Hey there buddy :)

finno1985
03-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Hey there buddy :)

Hey!! hyped for 2050?

Bentu
03-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Hey!! hyped for 2050?

Not hyped but looking forward to seeing some old friends, just can't decide what server to start on first though.

finno1985
03-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Not hyped but looking forward to seeing some old friends, just can't decide what server to start on first though.

I'll probably hit both to see which is more populated tbh, just went back onto defiance yesterday. I have no idea what is good and what is not lol

Bentu
03-07-2018, 11:05 AM
I'll probably hit both to see which is more populated tbh, just went back onto defiance yesterday. I have no idea what is good and what is not lol

Ive not played properly for 6 months or so either and all the py stuff has me scratching my head especially with all the syns.

Rng runs amok now, long for filling chase my py.

Colts87
03-07-2018, 11:16 AM
I'm just very happy to able to play Defiance again. I pre-ordered and bought the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and very much enjoyed my time with the game. It was short lived because I sold my PS3 and upgraded to the PS4 in December of 2013, so I was not around when it went Free to Play.

The game definitely had issues when I played, (disconnects, framerate drops, unbelievable lag, etc) but my enjoyment of playing helped me look pass those issues. I still rallied with the rest of the community wanting those issues fixed (sounds like little has been done since 2013), but still played nonetheless like many others hoping a change will come.

Defiance 2050 I hope is that change. I hope that the persistent problems that plagued the initial release are all fixed or at least few and far between when the game is officially released. I hope to see many productive updates that actually rectify problems along with the Devs staying in constant communication with the community to make this version a success (the weekly streams are good start).

Can some vets that have been here the whole time shed some light on what changed from the Buy to Play days to the Free to Play model? Was the only change Trion going even more Loot Box crazy? Did world loot drops change? You know what I'm getting at.

Thanks for any one who read this and any responses.

KevinVonBach
03-08-2018, 06:14 AM
I'm honestly curious to see how well 2050 runs on my PS4 Pro, compared to my brother's base model PS4.