PDA

View Full Version : Faction vendor loot

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Hi,

I have had a look about as I have a question relating to loot at faction vendors. As an example I'll use Von Bach. if you go there and check out the AR's you'll see 3 available (green, blue and purple) all at different cost. The base stats on the gun are the same across all 3. However the epic has extra boosts so thats kind of out of the question. Anyway what is the difference between the green and blue items? All mod slots and stats are the same so why would you spend extra on the blue for an item that is the same as the green. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help.

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
So no one can tell me anything on this problem then?

Shogo_Yahagi
04-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Am I missing something here?

Nothing the devs weren't missing too.

Salvador
04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
how do you get the metals/badges required for faction items? i haven't seen anything relating to factions other then the items at the vendors.

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
how do you get the metals/badges required for faction items? i haven't seen anything relating to factions other then the items at the vendors.

You do contracts that open at level 250.

LadyChaos
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM

Hit "J" button then select second tab on top and it is the contracts tab.
Those are how you earn the faction cash.

Beats
04-10-2013, 10:26 AM

You do contracts. Hit j and go to the other tab. There is a guide on the forums, and the blog.

On topic, the reason they are different price and the like is pretty simple. More stats. Compare the purple and blue, then the blue and green. The additional stats are always different. The major thing about the purples from faction vendors is that they (for the most part) have a 4 synergy, so once you mod it with the respective synergy mods it will be much better than other weapons for fairly obvious reasons.

Olcsonn
04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi,

I have had a look about as I have a question relating to loot at faction vendors. As an example I'll use Von Bach. if you go there and check out the AR's you'll see 3 available (green, blue and purple) all at different cost. The base stats on the gun are the same across all 3. However the epic has extra boosts so thats kind of out of the question. Anyway what is the difference between the green and blue items? All mod slots and stats are the same so why would you spend extra on the blue for an item that is the same as the green. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help.

I am going to try and explain this as best as I can, now let's note that I do not have the stats in front of me. From my understanding of what I have seen in the game, all guns of a type (i.e. assault rifles) will have the exact same stats and that does not matter what rarity that those weapons are, white, green, blue, purple, or orange. The difference come in the synergies, bonuses, and "given" mod slots (yes for most you can still add more if you have the mats.) Now with most purple and oranges they will have synergies, these synergies (the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc.; synergism.) can be matched to your archtype, EGO perks, and/or other mods. Yes some mods will have synergies too. So if you have an AR with a synergy and all the mods in the AR have corresponding synergies that will be one badass AR and you will notice the difference.

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks, but what about the differences between the basic green/blue item. Why would you pay more for something the same. I know the mods help but as a starting point I don't get the premise of 2 guns of different rarity and cost but with the exact same stats ( there is no synergy like you'd see on the purple tier one).

Dinova
04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
From what i see, green cost more to add slots then a blue one. Well, that was only from 2 tests.

I had a green and a blue AR, both fire ones, same stats yadiya, but while adding slots, the green was 11.200ish to add a slot, the blue one was 7200ish.

Then again, i bought a EGO500 version with 3 slots already and wanted to add the scope slot, it was 16400ish to add.

Hmm ok, i dont know the difference between green/blue same-stats guns :D

dejarnat
04-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks, but what about the differences between the basic green/blue item. Why would you pay more for something the same. I know the mods help but as a starting point I don't get the premise of 2 guns of different rarity and cost but with the exact same stats ( there is no synergy like you'd see on the purple tier one).

Check the arktech salvage value in the salvage matrix. Maybe the blue has higher salvage value. It occurs to me as I type this that would require you to buy both to check, defeating the purpose of this question. Maybe check to see if duplicate items of different rarity (blue/green, the next time you have dupes) have more salvage value. Good question. I am now curious.

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Think ill have to earn both and see what the differences are and go from there. It's a bit puzzling.

Olcsonn
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM

Off the top of my head I am not sure, but once the servers are back up, I'm back from the gym, and showered I will see if I can figure that out for you. It may be something simple that you are just overlooking or something that you are completely ignorant about (not using the word as an insult.)

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Seems I overlooked a glaring thing. The blue has elemental effect where as green doesn't. At double the cost the question is now wether the elemental effect is worth the extra reward.

inthegamewayne
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Off the top of my head I am not sure, but once the servers are back up, I'm back from the gym, and showered I will see if I can figure that out for you. It may be something simple that you are just overlooking or something that you are completely ignorant about (not using the word as an insult.)

You posted just as I was typing, and you were spot on, i couldn't see the wood from the trees! oh and no insult was taken :) appreciate the time people have taken to have a look.

Beats
04-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Seems I overlooked a glaring thing. The blue has elemental effect where as green doesn't. At double the cost the question is now wether the elemental effect is worth the extra reward.

Using a weapon without a nanoeffect is a huge mistake in my opinion. Bonus damage or other effects is so valuable that passing it up is a huge faux pas.