PDA

View Full Version : Defiance 1.0 End Date?

kromc5
03-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Searched the threads but do no see I dev stating the time, but I do keep seeing threads and in-game chats stating its termination date this summer. Is this a rumor of has a dev posted and end date?

Thank you

CalamityDusk
03-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Searched the threads but do no see I dev stating the time, but I do keep seeing threads and in-game chats stating its termination date this summer. Is this a rumor of has a dev posted and end date?

Thank you

Just a rumor

Ackeron
03-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Yes, you can continue to play the original Defiance and choose to play on the platform you prefer. We hope you give Defiance 2050 a try and you also will earn exclusive Valor rewards for Defiance 2050. We are excited to create a reimagined free to play experience with incredible changes to character progression, missions, game economy, and more. Happy Ark Hunting!

Someone asked that question earlier and theres the quote from trionmobi.

kromc5
03-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Thank you for the replies a friend gifted me a super nice weapon I've always wanted as he and others were under the impression it was being terminated. Told him I had not seen or read this on a thread but could of missed it. I told him I wanted to try to confirm if that was true and would give back if he returned. Of course I told him the holding fees would cost 1 script. What's even worse is my elite dies today and cannot figure out where I packed my back up ps3 so I cannot play with my new weapon.

DefiancePlus
03-05-2018, 06:22 PM
This is what i am doing. Starting to play all the quests, missions, side missions, etc and finish up defiance before 2050 shows up. That way i have no reason to go back to the old defiance :cool: I never did finish this game, and really only completed 20% of the storylines :)

Verga DeFuego
03-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Ugh. Ignore my post - wrong thread

kromc5
03-05-2018, 06:45 PM
This is what i am doing. Starting to play all the quests, missions, side missions, etc and finish up defiance before 2050 shows up. That way i have no reason to go back to the old defiance :cool: I never did finish this game, and really only completed 20% of the storylines :)

I finished the mains maybe about two months ago, saw a post about valor and pursuit rating. So I will try and get more of the pursuits done as well.

r1p
03-06-2018, 07:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that they will announce the retirement of D1 within 6 months of 2050 being released. By then D1 will no longer be generating a profit since most of the players that can switch to 2050 will do so by then or quit playing entirely.

Infinity Eagle
03-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Kind of depends if 2050 is a flop. I really do not think they trying to keep D-1 players, or they would make more effort to make them happy with the transfer. Who wants to rebuild all their gear after spending almost 5 years doing it in a broken game?

Devilian - Servers officially closed. Yesterday, so they may be about to use those servers for 2050, Soon .

DEATHBRINGER210
03-06-2018, 09:13 AM
i wonder whats going to happen if defiance 2050 is a flop. and they killed off the game that was making money.

r1p
03-06-2018, 09:58 AM
They are not going to shut down D1 until it is no longer profitable but my guess is that it will take no more than 6 months for that to happen after the majority of the paying customers jump to 2050 (or something else). There will be an announcement along the lines of "It is with regret that we are retiring D1 but 2050 has been such a success (yada yada yada)" and then it will shut down 30-90 days afterwards. I could be wrong but if you look at the level of support the game received when it had paying customers I can't imagine that it bodes well for the game if a majority of them leave.

Bullet Babe
03-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Kind of depends if 2050 is a flop. I really do not think they trying to keep D-1 players, or they would make more effort to make them happy with the transfer. Who wants to rebuild all their gear after spending almost 5 years doing it in a broken game?

Devilian - Servers officially closed. Yesterday, so they may be about to use those servers for 2050, Soon .

I suspect that almost no money is flowing into the D1 bit store now. They arent going to keep it online if it isnt generating cash flow. Im thinking D1 has little time left. Once my video series is complete I have no more reason to log in. Sad to say but we all knew the day would come, that D1 would go away. But with the new Ex Inanis launch and all the recent updates to D1 I thought wow it must have a few years left then... nope.
Really caught me off guard when they announced 2050 I almost forgot to breathe...
I thought all of the big changes since Ex Inanis were really good improvments but I guess it was all for nothing...
Well anyway, check out my webpage while you still can, link is in my sig....

DefiancePlus
03-07-2018, 09:28 PM
i wonder whats going to happen if defiance 2050 is a flop. and they killed off the game that was making money.

If they don't listen to the community and give us what we want, it might become a flop. I know for myself, if the game doesn't have the following features i have no intention on playing it:

Snow effects (very important to me )
Weather effects, rain, lighting thunder ( not that important, but it would be cool )
More vehicles to drive and not just different color ones lol
Better character creation/customization
removed the pay wall behind all the clothing area, which means in defiance all the cool clothes and 90% of all the outfits are locked behind a payment method
New city map
new locations to explore

If none of those things are added, i don't see how the game will be different than what we have now, other than the new graphics.

kromc5
03-07-2018, 09:54 PM
Due to the new and improved cyber rig crates I felt the game was going to stay up for sometime. I think it would be greatly disingenuous to advertised this if the plan was to end the game. As when it was announced we had not been informed of 2050.

konstantinov
03-08-2018, 03:51 AM
I'm suspecting that they kind of let the cat out of the bag by saying they only had plans until the end of the year but it'll be $$$$ driven. If there isn't a revenue stream then there won't be a server. Plus, the dev team will be working on 2050 where populations will initially be high (remember how defiance was basically unplayable for the 1st 2 weeks? You'd fall through the map.)

OneBadClown
03-08-2018, 03:52 AM
"Snow effects (very important to me )
Weather effects, rain, lighting thunder ( not that important, but it would be cool )"

Wondering why this is important?

r1p
03-08-2018, 10:13 AM
I'm suspecting that they kind of let the cat out of the bag by saying they only had plans until the end of the year but it'll be $$$$ driven. If there isn't a revenue stream then there won't be a server. Plus, the dev team will be working on 2050 where populations will initially be high (remember how defiance was basically unplayable for the 1st 2 weeks? You'd fall through the map.)

This. I'm pretty sure that it hasn't dawned on most people yet that they are going to have to wait in a queue just to get into the game at all. How long the queues get will depend on the server resources Trion has available but 4 years ago when Rift went f2p there were instances where the queue times got up to 5 hours for players without a patron pass. A lot of games have difficulty handling player population issues in the first few weeks after release, so this isn't just an issue with Trion, and people should start getting into the mindset there are going to be problems for the first few weeks.

DefiancePlus
03-08-2018, 10:42 AM
"Snow effects (very important to me )
Weather effects, rain, lighting thunder ( not that important, but it would be cool )"
Wondering why this important?

Because i like snow :) Also, during the old snow events on the PC, they had snow coming down and it made the snow event even more fun and interesting. So when they removed it, idk it just didn't feel the same and honestly i was disappointed , to the point that i quit playing defiance just because of that. Some people just certain things more than others. Its kinda like how they removed the loot drops from holiday events/events, i don't think anyone liked that idea. I know of about 500 people who quit the game just because of that. Trion has been making some terrible decisions lately, which is not surprising considering alot of devs for alot of different gaming companies tend to do this.

When they do this, their games start to lose players or they shut down. ( cough paragon(RIP) )

OneBadClown
03-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Because i like snow :) Also, during the old snow events on the PC, they had snow coming down and it made the snow event even more fun and interesting. So when they removed it, idk it just didn't feel the same and honestly i was disappointed , to the point that i quit playing defiance just because of that. Some people just certain things more than others. Its kinda like how they removed the loot drops from holiday events/events, i don't think anyone liked that idea. I know of about 500 people who quit the game just because of that. Trion has been making some terrible decisions lately, which is not surprising considering alot of devs for alot of different gaming companies tend to do this.

When they do this, their games start to lose players or they shut down. ( cough paragon(RIP) )

Terrible decisions I concur. Lol