PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Livestream 3/9 - Valor Program and Q&A

TrionMobi
03-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Howdy Ark Hunters!

Thanks for joining us last Friday for our livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234431802) about the Defiance 2050 announce! This week we will be discussing community questions and the Valor Program. More details regarding the Valor Program are coming REAL soon, and check out our Defiance 2050 FAQ (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2018/02/27/defiance-2050-faq/) for answers to questions you may have. Any additional questions please feel free to ask, I am taking a look across all social channels (forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and trying to address your concerns.

Defiance Livestream is Friday at 10:30am PT at https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

See you Friday!

Heishiro Mitsurugi
03-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Please see my most recent post on your 2050 faq post ty. ^ _ ^

stoodakiss
03-07-2018, 03:35 PM
will shadow wars be a feature in defiance 2050?

Infinity Eagle
03-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Will All the bugs in Defiance 1 be fixed in Defiance 2050?

Zer0Playr
03-07-2018, 04:25 PM
will shadow wars be a feature in defiance 2050?

I guess it will :thinkin:

richardkrainium
03-07-2018, 04:37 PM
will the valor program only affect 1 chr or will it take all our chrs into consideration? some players have multiple 6k chrs with high, above 1800, pursuit ratings

WhiteStrike
03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Will the Trion Worlds Supporter costume be transferred? That's a special costume that's only obtainable by helping out Trion in PTS testing and it would make sense to have it transferred.

Did you make PvP more balanced and interesting for 2050?

Krapping Koala
03-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Will there be a way to grind/earn Valor in the current defiance other than finishing any pursuits we haven't done yet?

Personally, at this point I don't see a reason to continue to grind PG for new gear (so I haven't been playing much lately), but if there was a way to grind Valor that I could start saving up for 2050 I would definitely do that

3rdpig
03-07-2018, 05:54 PM
How about giving those of us that work for a living and can't watch the livestream a way to win some of the Beta slots?

jay ellis
03-07-2018, 06:15 PM
1.Will there be pvp in 2050?
2.Can you transfer your account based upgrades across platforms? Example: from ps3 to pc for 2050, or from Xbox 360 to ps4
3.Is there a plan for map expansion, new co ops, new expos, new pvp maps?
4. I understand there will be less rng in 2050. Will guns still have unique rolls, synergies, nanos?
Last but not least,
5. Will our mute list carry over? Lots of people worked hard to earn those mutes. I'd hate to see what they'll have to do to earn another one.

chow1116
03-07-2018, 06:25 PM
1. Can you elaborate on the pvp aspect of 2050?
2. Any map expansion/new content (storyline, expo, missions, pursuits etc.)
3. Can you elaborate on rigs in 2050?
4. Do loyalty points accumulated on old defiance get carried over to 2050?
5. Do any bits that we happen to have on our current old defiance account(s) get carried over to 2050?

SHiftt87
03-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I only have a couple big questions I would like to see atleast touch on in the next stream this friday. Those questions being:

Will we see new content as we start fresh in 2050? or will it be all the same content untill end game with maybe new stuff at the end?

Can we reserve clan names prior to release?

Chump Norris
03-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Will the ability to report bugs in game be back with 2050?

Triggered
03-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Will our vehicles, outfits, and inventory slots transfer over to Defiance 2050? That is all I want to know.

Kosman
03-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Will there be better methods in place to prevent things like speed hacks and tools such as aim bot? PVP is a huge part of this game and the imbalance of gear and then the hackers ruin it for people that want to play, but simply cannot.

PurePlayinSerb
03-07-2018, 09:26 PM
i think i should get my pre-order challenger back in defiance 2050

Light Energy
03-07-2018, 10:50 PM
The way I currently understand the transfers and Valor Program is:

There are two categories:
1) Account based upgrades (Bits store purchases) and other rewards (titles etc).
and
2) Pursuits which are converted to Valor Commendations (Vcs) to be spent in Defiance 2050.

Account based upgrades / rewards

Existing Defiance players will be able to take select rewards to Defiance 2050 with the Valor Program. Players who earned specific unique titles, such as “Old School”, will be able to transfer the title to their new character and show them off in Defiance 2050. Account based upgrades, like character and loadout slots, will be transferable as well.

Loadout slots, character slots etc (the transferable account based things) will be transferred if the player requests it (and perhaps pays some nominal transfer administrative fee or whatever).
Since these things have already been purchased, they do not need to be re-earned through Valor Commendations (VCs).

Valor Commendations (VCs)

As a thank you for players of the original Defiance, we are presenting the Valor Program, a system that will reward players for completing Pursuits (achievements) with special purchasables through a new unique currency called Valor Commendations. Valor Commendations can be redeemed in Defiance 2050 to unlock awesome items that will be exclusive to our dedicated Defiance fans.

Defiance players will be able to earn Valor for Defiance 2050

The Valor Commendations system is primarily based on Pursuits - possibly the current Pursuit Rating and / or new Valor specific Pursuits (which will be added to Defiance 1.0).

Therefore ... players earn (or earned) VCs in Defiance 1.0 and then can decide how they spend this new currency in Defiance 2050. I think the idea is to make it flexible ... depending on what we can actually buy with VCs :).

Hopefully Friday's live stream (and perhaps Mobi) can clarify / confirm / correct / explain in more detail.

Personally, if the vehicles still exist in 2050, I would like to see my Hoverbike, Cerberus and other bundle vehicles still running on petrohol without having to re-purchase them.

Will additionally purchased inventory slot upgrades be transferable?

Answer according to the 9th March Livestream: No (since Defiance 2050 will need fewer inventory slots).

Bentu
03-08-2018, 12:03 AM
My opinion for what it's worth, if you have bought something in Defiance via the store or got something as part of a pre order and it's going to be available in 2050 then you should get it without any further payments or charges.
I realise we don't own anything in the game but as a sign of goodwill things like that should be account specific and claimable once you drop down over the wall.
Unfortunately if you've bought rigs or weapons that aren't going to be transferable then these would fall under the valour system where money spent in Defiance would transfer to 2050 via whatever arrangements they have in mind.

Kylarran
03-08-2018, 01:49 AM
No post, not anywhere I've looked, and I've looked, nor in the 3/2/2018 livestream... has had a Trion representative confirm that purchased inventory for Defiance is going to be transferred. Yet.

Dozens of players in different threads have asked. Nowhere has anyone from Trion replied. Read carefully. I've not found any reply, yet.

Therefore, either the devs have made up their minds and will refuse to allow the inventory capacity to transfer per character, per account and are withholding that decision in order to not incense us further... or they are on the fence and retaining their final decision until later.

Certainly Trion management would love to see 2050 as an entirely new game and use that line ... and the fact Defiance 1.0 still exists (for a little while) as an excuse to refuse to transfer the inventory we've purchased. I've paid over the last 4 years (as most of us have) quite a lot of inventory capacity on many characters on several accounts, either through CD keys, and/or from the bitstore. From all I've seen so far this is the same game, with a new gun building system and limiting our loadout possibilities from our own special combinations to fixed and limited perk trees in the new class system.

I don't expect to hear an answer on Fri, nor soon. I'm sure management has been working on just how they are going to monetize 2050. I'd rather it be from appreciation of Defiance moving forward, creating new content (and a new gun building system is not 'new content' considering all the guns and rigs we've already built going to rot), than expecting me to pay more for what I've already purchased.

konstantinov
03-08-2018, 03:44 AM
Guys, if inventory transferred then there'd be no longer more fulfilling loot chase.

1. Will guns be tradable?
2. Can you bring back Region lock?
3. Is it true you guys only have plans for Defiance on ps3/x360 through the rest of the year? (writing on the wall)
4. To really grab people's interest, you need to show what all is available in the Valor vendor. (seriously)
5. Will the bit store only sell cosmetic items and boosts?
6. How many of these questions will you actually address? (Has to be more than last week's live stream)
7. Seeing as how Defiance 2050 will release f2p, are you going to go the same route as Rift?
8. Will you be able to trade valor items? (at least amongst your toons across your account)
9. What happened to the login giveaway? Was this just a ploy to show server population? You've deleted the thread on your official site.

KevinVonBach
03-08-2018, 06:07 AM
5. Will the bit store only sell cosmetic items and boosts?

I'm certainly hoping so... won't go holding my breath, though.

Logain
03-08-2018, 08:02 AM
4. To really grab people's interest, you need to show what all is available in the Valor vendor. (seriously)

This x1000.

I have no interest in titles.

If the Valor stuff is not actually usable in game then I have no interest in Defi2050.

Logain
03-08-2018, 08:06 AM
Please show us what Valor Commendations can get you.

Gaige12
03-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Please show us what Valor Commendations can get you.

Prol going to be outfits and titles.

Logain
03-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Prol going to be outfits and titles.

Titles = Pow Schtako.

Outfits are like winning the gong prize.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-08-2018, 09:08 AM
we all want to know the date defiance will go offline

Emma jr
03-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Will valor transfer cross platform i.e. I currently play Xbox if i want to go to pc will it follow me there?

BeckAltarr
03-08-2018, 09:37 AM
I have a question/comment about the story and lore.

Will there be any redaction's/changes to the story/lore from the current game and past TV cross overs or will there be some changes?

This is 4 years after Defiance. Defiance as in the City or the bay area? Does this mean we have the Rail system? We know it was being built to connect the Bay area to Yuma in the original story and even the TV show said they were connecting the system to Yuma via Defiance. Will this be a form of fast travel to new areas including the city of Defiance.

I really hope the Game rewrites the story and lore. The Omec were never part of the original story line. Irisa's story needs a total redaction with the arc ship so that the ArkBelt would never have been destroyed, if you include the Syfy Story there would be no more ArkFalls which are a major part of the game.

Gulanee, I really hope those vendors are no more. The most rare and elusive Votan Species and they are all over the place, like Ferengi. This should not be.

I am a story/lore buff. I do know what the original story was supposed to be and I was excited to see it unveiled. I really hope Trion will rehire Tony and Matt to help get the game lore back on track and give us ark hunters new purpose in the Bay Area and other areas as was in the original concept.

Gaige12
03-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Titles = Pow Sctako.

Outfits are like winning the gong prize.

Yea man, that's my feeling exactly. During the last livestream, Destro did mention, a couple times, how the new Defiance build is focused completely on free to play (no pay to win items) and a purposely designed level playing field. To me, that means there wont be any special weps, shields, or other gear from the bitstore boxes. Everything is supposed grindable in-game. That's fine imo, and it ought to cut the pvp tears about overpowered weps down to a minimum on these forums.

Now if the Valor program gave me a particular vehicle (not a regurgitated challenger please), or something really unique, that would be one thing, but I couldn't care less about outfits or titles.

Outfits and titles will not warrant my continuing support of the game from a financial standpoint. (PP aside of course)

Give us something really cool to show for our years of support, and we'll keep our mouths shut. :D

Till then...#WeDontNeedNoWater

NullWolf
03-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Got a few questions

1: Will there be actual jackpot items in 2050?

2: Can we actually see the kinds of stuff we'll be able to get through Valor in the livestream?

3: Will stuff from various DLCs (Casti playable race, swords, WM, etc.) be available inside the base game of 2050?

4: Will Omec be introduced to the game and will the shrill finally get new storyline content?
Really all the enemies could use more storyline content at this point btw

5: Can I borrow about tree fiddy?

6: How is the bitstore going to be handled in 2050?
Will it turn into a cashgrab of OP gear for those with the $$$ and rng fortitude to score said gear?

7: Any new playable races?
Sensloths and Liberata playable races might be a stretch but Indogene could easily be doable.
A Gulanee in a robot suit in a cowboy hat, a man has the right to dream.

Infinity Eagle
03-08-2018, 03:46 PM
If you already have bought the Red VBI Infiltrator outfit will it transfer over to 2050, since it is going to be in 2050?
In Defiance 2050, we plan to offer special cosmetics such as outfits, titles, character boosts, and vehicle skins for purchase with Valor Commendations. For example, the Red VBI Infiltrator outfit (see image above) is just one of many exclusive rewards you can unlock. Since these are rewards for the players of Defiance, we want to hear from you Ark Hunters! Head over to our official forums and let us know your thoughts on the kinds of rewards you would like to spend your Valor Commendations on. The Defiance team wants to ensure the current players are rewarded for their efforts and we hope to see them continue the fight in Defiance 2050.

richardkrainium
03-08-2018, 04:02 PM
This x1000.

If the Valor stuff is not actually usable in game then I have no interest in Defi2050.

i agree. if valor is just for titles and outifits then dont bother with it at all. dont insult us any further

DEATHBRINGER210
03-08-2018, 05:13 PM
what about all our inventory slots? what about our cyber rigs?

Jagger Lux
03-08-2018, 07:45 PM
This x1000.

Well there really should be a lot of goods to gain then, I'd be interested then because the outfits and "cosmetics" in 1.0 were pretty limited.

konstantinov
03-08-2018, 08:23 PM
I think many people that have bought outfits from the bit store are getting worried you’re gonna try to resell the same outfits in defiance 2050. Clarity on the subject is gonna make or break it for a lot of people.

Lemon King
03-08-2018, 08:44 PM
I think many people that have bought outfits from the bit store are getting worried you’re gonna try to resell the same outfits in defiance 2050. Clarity on the subject is gonna make or break it for a lot of people.

Or ultimately, it is all bit store items with valor being a stand in for bits if you have them.
Which is a very poor way of going about it from my experience.

konstantinov
03-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Or ultimately, it is all bit store items with valor being a stand in for bits if you have them.
Which is a very poor way of going about it from my experience.

I’m fairly certain you’ll still be able to buy bits with real money to purchase recycled cosmetics.

Kylarran
03-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Once again, after looking over the Valor blurb they've put out today, there is no mention of the inventory SLOTS we've all paid for being transferred.

I'd like to think that's because they are considered 'account' based. However, as much as they are wiffing on being transparent and up front about it, I'm left to suspect they are NOT planning to transfer over the additional inventory slots we've purchased, on any or all of our characters.

Notice how they usually specifically mention 'account items such as character or loadout slots will be transferrable via the Valor program'. Never has that often repeated phrase included inventory slots.

Dev's I'm not interested in the salesmen hype and rah rah. Yes, these pages are for everyone, including new players who are looking into 2050. However, I've already been playing and paying for Defiance for over four years. I'm still waiting on specifics, and clearly growing impatient.

-------------------

I'm also taken aback by this sentence:
"The character on your original Defiance account with the highest EGO from Pursuits at the designated cutoff date will have their Pursuit EGO score converted into Valor Commendations for Defiance 2050."

My main account has six characters on it, three of which are 6000 ego, the other three are between 4500 and 3000 ego. They've all earned pursuits.

So Dev's... would you please clarify if the Valor my main character earns, that the 'purchases' they make... will they be account wide and apply to All my other 5 characters on my new 2050 account?

-------------------

3rd Point...

For those who get into beta, doing the testing you wish for some of us to do on 2050... will there be some Valor compensation for those that get into 2050 beta... under the assumption, for instance, I get into beta I'll be spending a Lot of playing time there, and Not earning Valor in Defiance 1.0.

Of course, that assumes there will be large amounts of time beta is open before 2050's release.

NobleLionz
03-09-2018, 03:37 AM
What about the rigs-super jackpots-keystones and items that we spent ALOT of money on. Will these be in the valor program?

Cosmetics and vehicle skins is peanut money compared to the titan bundle that we bought.

Why not add the info on forums will full disclosure of the valor program.

Greybush
03-09-2018, 06:27 AM
It appears to me that Trion seems intent on repeating nearly every mistake they've made through the last 5 years. As absurd as that sounds to the reasonable and practical among us, it's becoming overwhelmingly apparent. As excited as I was a few months ago when I first heard about this, any excitement has since turned to disappointment and face-palming. This entire "effort" on their part will be, in my opinion, a catastrophic failure. Alienating what little is left of the playerbase and releasing a dated game that does nothing in the way of innovation will serve only to bring finality to a game that again, in my opinion, has been trending downwards since originally going F2P.

On PS3 at least, there wasn't much in the way of competition as a F2P/mmo'ish/rpg/shooter. On PS4 however, it's a bit different as there is, has been and will be much in the way of competitors with games that don't have the nigh embarrassing track record of Defiance. It will ultimately go from a big fish in a little pond, to a microbe on the bottom of the ocean floor. Not to mention the options on Xbone and pc. Can we really expect 2050 to rise above Warframe, Neverwintwr, Fortnite and PUBG just to name a few. In a word... Doubtful.

There has been zero evidence that Trion will do anything different or better with 2050 and all evidence to the contrary. Their act will quickly wear thin on an assumed new audience who will immediately jump to a more stable, less money grabbing game with a knowledgeable, transparent and trusted development team. How anyone at Trion Worlds thought the same smoke and mirrors, broken promises, misinformation and outright lies would be acceptable to a presumably more discerning crowd is unbelievable to me. Mind has officially been boggled.

If the scant details of the valor program are any indication of what to expect from Trion with 2050, and I whole heartedly believe it is, then I will not be participating in this debacle any longer. Time and time again Trion has proven themselves to be both untrustworthy and clueless. I feel that any continued support on my part would be enabling and I have no interest in being party to that.

Hopefully, for the sake of those that choose to stay or continue to support Trion, I am wrong. But... If history is any indication, I may be on to something.

P.S. Port Stinson? Really? Just... Port Stinson?

(slow clap)

DEATHBRINGER210
03-09-2018, 11:10 AM
all the pvp pursuit titles should carry over

konstantinov
03-09-2018, 11:19 AM
all the pvp pursuit titles should carry over

You’re going to get to do them all over again in 2050.

BeckAltarr
03-09-2018, 11:27 AM
I am really wondering why anyone feels entitled to anything from Defiance 1.0 to 2050. It's a free to play game. Any cash you paid into it would have been less on average than if someone had been paying a monthly sub. MMO's don't last forever and 5 years is a good run for most. Feel like they are letting some of us keep some titles that will be our badges of nostalgia. I got a lot more out of this game than I spent into it.

I just hope they can fix the bugs, fix the vehicles and terrain interactions, and tell a good story, hopefully the one originally intended.

squidgod2000
03-09-2018, 12:19 PM
No post, not anywhere I've looked, and I've looked, nor in the 3/2/2018 livestream... has had a Trion representative confirm that purchased inventory for Defiance is going to be transferred. Yet.

Therefore, either the devs have made up their minds and will refuse to allow the inventory capacity to transfer per character, per account and are withholding that decision in order to not incense us further... or they are on the fence and retaining their final decision until later.

Judging by the wording they've used so far in announcements and blog posts and such, inventory slots will not transfer and inventory upgrades will be character-specific, not account wide. That first part isn't surprising—inventory slots have got to be the biggest cash cow—but the second is discouraging, considering the switch to a class system and the likelihood that more players will roll alts.

Real question is probably whether or not inventory slots will be purchasable with Valor, and, if so, how many.

BeckAltarr
03-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Judging by the wording they've used so far in announcements and blog posts and such, inventory slots will not transfer and inventory upgrades will be character-specific, not account wide. That first part isn't surprising—inventory slots have got to be the biggest cash cow—but the second is discouraging, considering the switch to a class system and the likelihood that more players will roll alts.

Real question is probably whether or not inventory slots will be purchasable with Valor, and, if so, how many.

In the live stream Inventory slots will not be purchasable with Valor, they say we wont need as much inventory space to begin with.

OneBadClown
03-09-2018, 12:23 PM
ENTITLED?! How about decent recognition for monies spent other than
outfits and titles. How about dlc guns and vehicles purchased? We don't
own any physical things, but use should continue with the ability to add to it.
DC's and lag during majors doesn't add to my fun. Defiance is a great concept,
but lacking in areas more so than most.

squidgod2000
03-09-2018, 12:24 PM
I am really wondering why anyone feels entitled to anything from Defiance 1.0 to 2050.

Mainly because 2050 just looks like all the things Trion has been promising for Defiance since launch, at least on the PC side, along with the retooling of some systems. It's all the same content, just tweaked a bit. That makes it feel like a big patch—not a new game. Therefore, people are irritated about having to re-buy things they've paid for in the past.

Honestly, it remains to be seen how big of a deal it is. Maybe large inventory capacity won't be as useful in 2050 as it is in Defiance.

squidgod2000
03-09-2018, 12:25 PM
In the live stream Inventory slots will not be purchasable with Valor, they say we wont need as much inventory space to begin with.

Thanks!

I'm typing this sentence because my post is too short.

OneBadClown
03-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Big inventory is fun when quiet or bored I like to experiment with new weapons
to try different things.

BeckAltarr
03-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Mainly because 2050 just looks like all the things Trion has been promising for Defiance since launch, at least on the PC side, along with the retooling of some systems. It's all the same content, just tweaked a bit. That makes it feel like a big patch—not a new game. Therefore, people are irritated about having to re-buy things they've paid for in the past.

Honestly, it remains to be seen how big of a deal it is. Maybe large inventory capacity won't be as useful in 2050 as it is in Defiance.

Judging by the streams and all the changes most of the non-cosmetic things wouldn't be transferable, such as weapons. I am also going to guess their licensing deal with Dodge has expired, which is why 2050 is even a thing. So the vehicles are likely to be different as well.

As I said, MMOs don't last forever. This is a V2.0 and although I think the core of the game is going to be the same, there are going to be a lot of changes that make most of how we use our characters/weapons non-transferable.

Believe me when I say I have been just as critical if not more so than most people of some of the things Trion Does. But in this I would stand with them. People pay into the bit store that allows them to operate. That money and what you revieve balance out for that game. But the game is not eternal, despite WoW and EvE Online.

Yes this does look like the same game. Even the graphic upgrades are pretty lame and not worth the press they have put out about it. Get it up to 4K and we have a bragging moment sure.

They are still going to run Defiance V1. Likely for 6-12 months, Going to predict an April 2019 Sunset. Again I make the point of, if you had been paying $15/M like other MMOs how much would you have spent, vs how much have you spent? For most people I am suggesting they have spent less over all. There are always exceptions.

If people are demanding these transfers that tells me they don't feel like they got adequate value for their money. If they feel that way, why would you want to stick around for the same game concept? If 2050 is that much better than V1.0 then it will be worth people spending money to support it regardless of transfers.

This is really looking more like people trying to gain an edge or advantage and I think they are trying to avoid that because it can affect how long new players will stick around and I also understand they want to draw us old timers back in too, though some of us just went dark here, we still played the game from time to time.

My hopes is they have learned from their mistakes in the past in both how they developed the game and their community management. Both are yet to be seen, but there is hope a new leaf has been turned.

Light Energy
03-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Today's stream video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236926522