PDA

View Full Version : New System BMGs for Defiance2050

Wagner Serrato
03-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Please developers.
Implement new system for BMGs in the game, similar to Infector Cankers.
Damage per Second and Heal per Second
It will be even more attractive for all players.
It's the only thing I want.
So Sol Destroyer would become useful in something.
And the issue in PVP the damage would be similar to the Cankers

Calm like a Bomb
03-09-2018, 02:19 PM
BMG's already do damage and heal per second.

Zer0Playr
03-09-2018, 08:38 PM
I guess he was talking to put Heal/sec in Cankers too, what could be extremelly bizarre. I already hate cankers the way they are, imagine with heal/sec

ATTEE
03-10-2018, 08:48 AM
I guess he was talking to put Heal/sec in Cankers too, what could be extremelly bizarre. I already hate cankers the way they are, imagine with heal/sec

Actually I think he meant to make BMGs work like infectors do: hit the target for some time, then a damage over time effect applies to it that stays for a certain period even if you stop "shooting" it with the BMG. The longer you "shot" the target with it, it would do more damage over time.

Personally I think the way BMGs work in Oldfiance is okay, they just need a major buffing to make them useful (because currently they are literally useless). In the official screenshots I saw a Medic class/role, that gave me some hope that I will be able to play as support (yes, I'm one of those who actually likes being the healer), and that BMGs would be part of that. It would be nice if the heal it can give would be significant enough to decide the tide of a battle, for example a group with a player who plays as a support would have way better chance to successfully win a tough fight than a group that just have a bunch of trigger happy folks.

Or if they aim for a more extensive rework regarding BMGs, then I have an idea: modify them in a way that the attacking mode would deal no damage at all, but the friendlies would deal significantly more damage against those targets while it is being "attacked" with the BMG.