PDA

View Full Version : Returning player needs some help

JelloStorm
03-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Thanks in advance, I'm coming back from 2013 when the game came out for some valor.

Now I find that the game is much harder than when I played back then.

My EGO rating is quite low (601), and I start questing from the beginning of Season 2.

My questions are:

(1) Do we have a recommended EGO rating for this part of quests?
(2) What should I do for my EGO rating?
(3) Are the "global events" EGO rating scaled?
(4) And weapons with higher EGO rating means higher damage, even for the weapon of same name, am I correct?

konstantinov
03-10-2018, 08:09 AM
You no longer have to do pursuits to level up and can ego to 6k with xp. The game is far easier now than when it came out and you do not have to be a certain ego to do any of the quests/challenges. Arkfalls/pvp you are scaled up to at least 5k ego (6k in pvp) and you are correct, the higher your ego the more dmg you do.

JelloStorm
03-10-2018, 12:40 PM
You no longer have to do pursuits to level up and can ego to 6k with xp. The game is far easier now than when it came out and you do not have to be a certain ego to do any of the quests/challenges. Arkfalls/pvp you are scaled up to at least 5k ego (6k in pvp) and you are correct, the higher your ego the more dmg you do.

Thank you very much for the information. But what do mean by "you do not have to be a certain ego to do any of the quests/challenges"? Are the quests in Seasons 2&3 not more difficult than the quests in Season 1?

konstantinov
03-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Thank you very much for the information. But what do mean by "you do not have to be a certain ego to do any of the quests/challenges"? Are the quests in Seasons 2&3 not more difficult than the quests in Season 1?

Your ego shouldn’t make it any harder to do the missions.

Mr Devlin
03-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Do as many pursuits as you can before the cut-off(months away) these will all add to your ego points (but also your valor pts. as Ego AND pursuit completion will count towards Valor seperately). As far as the ego Lvl pursuits, they won't show up until you are at the min. ego required. Yes Weaps become more powerful as long as you keep their ego rating with 100 pts of your ego. hope this helps

JelloStorm
03-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Your ego shouldn’t make it any harder to do the missions.

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand why the missions will not become harder when I'm in low EGO.

Do you mean that the mission will scale to my EGO rating?

JelloStorm
03-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Do as many pursuits as you can before the cut-off(months away) these will all add to your ego points (but also your valor pts. as Ego AND pursuit completion will count towards Valor seperately). As far as the ego Lvl pursuits, they won't show up until you are at the min. ego required. Yes Weaps become more powerful as long as you keep their ego rating with 100 pts of your ego. hope this helps

Yes, that helps, thank you very much. One question about patron pass, I saw a news post about the increased benefits attached to patron players (such as exp gain bonus from 20% to 100%), are those increased benefits still applicable because the exp bonus still shows 20% on the patron purchase page?