PDA

View Full Version : Valor Store Ideas

Krapping Koala
03-14-2018, 08:56 AM
As of now (as far as I know) the only things that will be available for us to purchase with Valor Commendations are titles and outfits. I've seen lots of people talking about what specific titles and outfits they want, but other than that I don't think I've seen many other suggestions for what other types of things they'd like.

I believe towards the end of the last livestream someone (maybe Mobi?) mentioned that they were open to more ideas for things to be made available for purchase with VC, so I figured I'd get a list started:

1. Vehicles - I've seen talk of people listing specific vehicles they want in 2050, but I think they were mostly referring to transferring them with their character. Since that probably isn't going to happen, I think vehicles would be a good addition to the VC store.

(Side note - the titles/outfits that we can buy with VC are ONLY going to be available for purchase with VC right? In other words, no one besides original Defiance vets can have these titles/outfits? If that's the case, the same should be done for the vehicles and anything else that ends up in the store. None of the things in the Valor Store should be able to be obtained at any point in 2050 other than by Defiance vets in order to keep them exclusive and unique.)

2. Ark Cores - I believe Ark Cores is what the team kept referring to in the last livestream which seems to be the new replacement for Arkforge. If I still have VC left over after buying my favorite title/outfit/vehicle or whatever, I'd be interested in stocking up on some Ark Cores for later use in the game.

3. Weapons - I know this idea isn't as likely, but it would still be nice to have a few weapons in the Valor Store. These don't have to be like jackpots (or prototypes I think they're going to be called now), they could just be decent weapons that are unique and exclusive to the Valor Store that will eventually become even more rare as time goes on.

If anyone has other ideas feel free to contribute!

Edit: Ideally, every current title/outfit/vehicle available in Defiance should be available in the Valor Store so that everyone will be able to purchase their favorite. But since that isn't likely, it would be really nice to have a thread started that lists every title/outfit/vehicle in Defiance, and then we can vote on the ones we want to see in 2050. I know that would be a long list, but I think it'd be much better than people having to post their favorite ones that they happen to think of off the top of their head in different places all over the forum.

Edit 2: If someone hasn't unlocked a certain title in Defiance that's going to be in the Valor Store, they shouldn't be able to purchase that title with VC. For example, a popular one I've seen people requesting is the Insomniac title for playing during EXL 2013. I never earned that title, so it wouldn't be fair to those that did if I was able to buy it in the Valor Store and have that above my name in 2050.

JOCCO5150
03-14-2018, 09:05 AM
As of now (as far as I know) the only things that will be available for us to purchase with Valor Commendations are titles and outfits. I've seen lots of people talking about what specific titles and outfits they want, but other than that I don't think I've seen many other suggestions for what other types of things they'd like.

I believe towards the end of the last livestream someone (maybe Mobi?) mentioned that they were open to more ideas for things to be made available for purchase with VC, so I figured I'd get a list started:

1. Vehicles - I've seen talk of people listing specific vehicles they want in 2050, but I think they were mostly referring to transferring them with their character. Since that probably isn't going to happen, I think vehicles would be a good addition to the VC store.

(Side note - the titles/outfits that we can buy with VC are ONLY going to be available for purchase with VC right? In other words, no one besides original Defiance vets can have these titles/outfits? If that's the case, the same should be done for the vehicles and anything else that ends up in the store. None of the things in the Valor Store should be able to be obtained at any point in 2050 other than by Defiance vets in order to keep them exclusive and unique.)

2. Ark Cores - I believe Ark Cores is what the team kept referring to in the last livestream which seems to be the new replacement for Arkforge. If I still have VC left over after buying my favorite title/outfit/vehicle or whatever, I'd be interested in stocking up on some Ark Cores for later use in the game.

3. Weapons - I know this idea isn't as likely, but it would still be nice to have a few weapons in the Valor Store. These don't have to be like jackpots (or prototypes I think they're going to be called now), they could just be decent weapons that are unique and exclusive to the Valor Store that will eventually become even more rare as time goes on.

If anyone has other ideas feel free to contribute!

I'm thinking maybe not weapons themselves, but unique valor only weapon skins, or vehicle skins. That way they have nothing to do with performance.

Krapping Koala
03-14-2018, 09:12 AM
I'm thinking maybe not weapons themselves, but unique valor only weapon skins, or vehicle skins. That way they have nothing to do with performance.

Ohh yea skins would be a good idea

Mattmydo
03-14-2018, 09:34 AM
They do mention character boosts as well on the 2050 site

Zephkial
03-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Greetings, Arkhunters! Got some breaking news for you guys. Inventory Slots will be available for purchase at the Valor vendor. We plan to make them pretty cheap to purchase, using Valor Commendations. Can also confirm that character boosts will also be available through the Valor vendor.

CalamityDusk
03-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Greetings, Arkhunters! Got some breaking news for you guys. Inventory Slots will be available for purchase at the Valor vendor. We plan to make them pretty cheap to purchase, using Valor Commendations. Can also confirm that character boosts will also be available through the Valor vendor.

Rather have that than none but why not allow inventory slots themselves to transfer? Thisll anger many ppl...

PurePlayinSerb
03-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Rather have that than none but why not allow inventory slots themselves to transfer? Thisll anger many ppl...

well considering most inventory slots were purchased with bits, im sure they will be compensated with valor to buy more inventory slots if they choose to

DEATHBRINGER210
03-14-2018, 10:51 AM
inventory slot werent cheap . alot of us spent alot of money on them. they are account upgrades . they should transfer . i guess trion is listening to us yet again .

CalamityDusk
03-14-2018, 10:54 AM
well considering most inventory slots were purchased with bits, im sure they will be compensated with valor to buy more inventory slots if they choose to

I never said they wouldn't be compensated. Im assuming this as well, the official posts were very clear.

Valor is gained through pursuit rating and bits bought. That being said you would just be buying inventory slots instead of using them on the titles or outfits. It would make much more sense to allow inventory slots to transfer since it is a account upgrade.

Logain
03-14-2018, 10:57 AM
How about additional classes for sale in the Valor program? Especially unique ones.

Bentu
03-14-2018, 11:36 AM

You still hasn't shown us a valor conversion list yet so saying slots will be cheap isn't helping us.

Razoreddie
03-14-2018, 12:14 PM
What if we don't need all the inventory slots like we used to? I believe that is what they are saying for 2050. I don't have a ton of them, just got rid of junk I didn't need. I'm not much of hoarder though.

I do like the idea of weapon skins being available, just not any upgraded weapons available in the store.

Vehicles, yes please. Skins for vehicles, also a yes.

r1p
03-14-2018, 12:46 PM

I'm confused. Why is this breaking news? With a release window of "Summer 2018" this type of minor detail should have been decided ages ago and should have been included in the Valor FAQ that was posted last week (at the very latest). By ignoring the numerous posts asking about inventory slots and then posting the information now as if it were special it gives the appearance that the decision to do it was made recently.

Krapping Koala
03-14-2018, 01:04 PM
I'm confused. Why is this breaking news? With a release window of "Summer 2018" this type of minor detail should have been decided ages ago and should have been included in the Valor FAQ that was posted last week (at the very latest). By ignoring the numerous posts asking about inventory slots and then posting the information now as if it were special it gives the appearance that the decision to do it was made recently.

When they announced 2050 and said "Summer 2018", literally the first thought in my mind was "this isn't coming out until September or October at the earliest."
And that's not a bash against Trion, it just seems like that's how it is way too often. Video game releases always seem to start out with a general timeframe like "summer" and then as it eventually gets narrowed down to a specific release date the date is almost always outside that initial timeframe they gave. It's like that in the music industry with album releases too.
Again, not trying to bash Trion here but as a good example, they said the first livestream of the year was going to be in early February and then it was on March 2nd.

If everyone reads "Summer 2018" and truly expects it to be released by then, then you're only going to be disappointed/angry if it doesn't. But if you read "Summer 2018" and tell yourself it's probably going to be Fall 2018 from the start, you won't be as disappointed, and if it actually makes it out in the summer, you'll be very pleasantly surprised :)

Jagger Lux
03-14-2018, 02:01 PM
If outfits/headgear, vehicles are an option for the Valor Program then I'd like to see new vehicle types and more new outfits. As far as weapons for VC, if it were implemented, then a choice from 1.0 "super weapons" would be nice imo.

professor chaos69
03-14-2018, 03:35 PM
* transfer clan and player names or be able to have current clan and player names reserved.
* old outfits to be carried over or in valor store especially the payed ones. (night porter outfit would be nice)
* ability to trade in arkforge, and supreme items into valor
* also earn valor based on ego level, not just pursuit rating
* a visible mute list of muted players
* a "R.I.P. Iron Death title" and or "Iron death" named gun

* more clan admin features for leaders/founders
....* ability to see what officers are recruiting
....* player search option
....* permanent ban feature (not just a kick player)

Bullet Babe
03-14-2018, 05:13 PM
* transfer clan and player names or be able to have current clan and player names reserved.
* old outfits to be carried over or in valor store especially the payed ones. (night porter outfit would be nice)
* ability to trade in arkforge, and supreme items into valor
* also earn valor based on ego level, not just pursuit rating
* a visible mute list of muted players
* a "R.I.P. Iron Death title" and or "Iron death" named gun

* more clan admin features for leaders/founders
....* ability to see what officers are recruiting
....* player search option
....* permanent ban feature (not just a kick player)
All fantastic ideas

o7

NobleLionz
03-15-2018, 03:11 AM
Since when defiance ever favor its community.

Great idea guys and remember we are reading the forums. If so, why are you guys not providing answers to some of the Relevant most questions on here.

jupiler
03-15-2018, 05:02 AM
Since when defiance ever favor its community.

Great idea guys and remember we are reading the forums. If so, why are you guys not providing answers to some of the Relevant most questions on here.

this is just the way trion handels for over 5 years , don't expect them to change over night ore ever :))))
thy can't give us a nice ore a not boring stream like the last one.

95% of the info whe get from trion, give us nice pll :) more frustration and 5% ........

Tion = bitbox hehe

KevinVonBach
03-15-2018, 05:07 AM
If everyone reads "Summer 2018" and truly expects it to be released by then, then you're only going to be disappointed/angry if it doesn't.

I've played Defiance since 2013, so no disappointment/anger over here... I'm well versed in Trionology.

LuLzz

SanCarioca
04-25-2018, 03:34 PM

Man, I just captured this entire post to a PDF file. This is a promise I really want to see you keep. Thank you!

David Ringo
04-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Folks, only Bentu raised the important and essential question, Trion hasn't given us the pricing/conversion table for the Valor currency. Therefore Trion can debase the currency to their liking. Dont be deceived by enticement telling that inventory slots would be cheap, Cheap in reference to what? Think twice for everything promised/said by Trion, past history have painted their character.

Losobal
05-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Yeah I'd like clarification too.

If D2050 has inventory slots available for valor (presumably it'll also be available for bits), and in D2013 I spent bits to get my Inventory to (in my case) 226 or so, will I be getting a 'refund' of bits in the form of valor that would allow me to buy inventory? What is the ratio? Enough valor to go back to my 226 from 100? Somewhere in between? Somewhere low in between?

Granted in D2013 the only reason I needed so many inventory slots were mostly for mods, seasonal mods mostly. Though I would say I did have a hundred something guns too.

Largely I had all those guns because well, elemental differences of the same gun type. Then there's seasonal special attribute guns of a type. And since we never had off-character storage, I had to lug everything around. Anyway, what would my 'valor refund' look like? Can I see what it is/will be now on my D2013 char? I just logged back in the other night to start valor activities so don't have any earned from that yet, but it'd be nice to know what I have 'stored' from spending real money on the game over the past 5 years/etc.

ttoomm
05-04-2018, 12:29 PM
The yellow suit looks bright.Hope thay have other colours.

Dirtyshadow
05-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Can I use Valor to buy Class Unlocks for Assault, Assassin, Guardian, Combat Medic, or Demolitionist.
Can I unlock exclusive new gear?
Does it deliver value comparative to loss of all progress and compensation for previous purchases? (from a player perspective)

Malificarr
05-04-2018, 08:20 PM
The yellow suit looks bright.Hope thay have other colours.

It's a reskinned VBI infiltrator suit if I recall correctly. There are a number of other color schemes for it in Defiance 2013.

JOCCO5150
05-04-2018, 08:26 PM
It's a reskinned VBI infiltrator suit if I recall correctly. There are a number of other color schemes for it in Defiance 2013.

Yes I want my liberty infiltrator outfit

SanCarioca
05-05-2018, 03:41 AM

Yes, it is. BTW, when I saw it on the livestream, I immediately thought "inverted colors Iron Man". Did not like.

ttoomm
05-05-2018, 05:11 AM
Ty i forgot the name. I had the blue one mix with a little red with red stars on each arm.It looks like captain america lol.

Elastik Spastik
05-05-2018, 05:53 AM
My list -

Inventory slots and loadouts should just transfer (which I thought was happening anyway?) over without having to use Valour to buy again.

I see in live stream they said its bits bought and pursuit rating. What about those of us that had bought the game and other stuff that was not bought by bits? Like the season pass and other account upgrades? Will they be counted towards Valour (just curious)?

Only title I want is my Old School title. Its the only one i use.

Some of the Vehicle/outfit/head skins that are bought with Valour should be ones only available from Valour spending. Unique skins that can't be bought anywhere else.

Would love Hellbug themed skins (like what they did with Volge skins). Would also love a vehicle that looks like Monarch Hellbug. But with wheels ;)

More variety of vehicle types, including hover vehicles.

More colour variations of skins (like what you can pick when buying a vehicle).

Weapon skins.

Cheeseburgers.

What benefits (if different to D13) will patron pass have? Will you get Bits with Patron pass renewals (as you do (their own currency) in many other subbed MMO's)?