PDA

View Full Version : Hows pvp

ZeroDose
03-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Im thinking of coming back but i wanted to know how the pvp meta is doing please let me know.

Bullet Babe
03-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Weapons:

Mass Blasters (i.e. Planck)
By far the most OP weapons of the times.
Not having one = why even queue pvp.
Mass Blasters have more or less replaced Blast Rifles both in PvP and PvE.
note:
My T5 modded Sup Until Death and T5 Sup Saprophyte aren't as strong as a t4 modded, OJ, non-JP AAug syn mass blaster that I built recently. It's sad really...

Blast Bolters (i.e. Caustic Venom)
Best RoF to DMG ratio for snipers, can one shot kill on crit with the right setup.
Otherwise bolt action are the only reliable one shot crit kill, but the slow RoF can be unforgiving.

Rigs:
Electrocutioner Rig #1
Cleaving Corrosion #2
Sentinel Rig #3

Syns:
Cleansing Napalm #1
Parasitic Impetus #2
Mutagenic Gestation #3

note:
"Perfected" Ex-Inanis Mass Blasters (Precise>Berserk>Dynamic --in that order IMO)
With either Syphon, Rad, or Incendiary (no particular order) Of any of the above 3 synergies, are right now the best PvP weapons in the game.

Ideal PvP rolls for MB:
Mastery: 1.15◊ Damage
W: +5% Falloff Distance / +5% Crit Multiplier *
G: +5% RoF
B: 1.80◊ Mag / 0.80◊ Reload *
P: (depends on synergy + nano)
OJ: 0.75x Reload / 2.00◊ Mag *
Sup: 1.15◊ Damage

*notes:
The OJ and Blue rolls of (+)Mag and (-)Reload get around the only weakness of MB's. MB have something like... a base mag of 24 and base reload of 2.8 seconds... which are both obviously terrible.
So,
If you go with blue mag and OJ reload then use an expanded mag, and if you go blue reload and OJ mag then use rapid reloader.

The 1.05◊ crit multiplier is just enough to bump the base crit from 1.2◊ up to 1.3◊ damage, so you gain 10% more headshot damage from a white roll of 1.05◊ crit multiplier. But! since tripleshot weapons have such large spread and low base crit, some prefer the extra range. The extra falloff range can make a difference in mid range encounters. Up close the crit is much more reliable. So it's a toss up which white roll is better, situational.

Honorable mentions:
Pauli
Beta-6
Positron Extractor
Comet
Depravity
And any "perfected" equivalent of the above JP's

Oh and Fusion Falchion is fun xD

I'm sure I'm missing some things but that about covers it.

Koch
03-14-2018, 06:28 PM
You forgot about nanophagus, way better than CC, also scourge thrower and chrysalis

Bullet Babe
03-14-2018, 06:46 PM
You forgot about nanophagus, way better than CC, also scourge thrower and chrysalis

Ahhh scourge thrower yes sludge is very annoying xD

Nanophagus has no defense slots. A lack of damage diffusers is terrible for PvP. CC has 5 offense and 5 defense slots, making it amazing for the mass blaster meta. Perfect balance of offense and defense.

Up until Electro Rig came out it was CC #1 hands down. Sentinel was the next best option, unless you just like sniper camping with Omnirig lol.

Chrysalis is the only infector still usable, but infectors all pretty much suck after the last round of nerfs. Even Chrysalis takes 2 full mags to land a kill, and of course Heal Stims counter infectors completely...

IDK how things are on PS3 NA but here on PCNA nanophagus is among the worst possible options, no diffusers = instant death vs anyone who mains PvP.
It isn't even all that good for PvE.
Maybe things are different on PS3, though I cant imagine them being that different.

Koch
03-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Ahhh scourge thrower yes very annoying sludge xD

Nanophagus no defense slots is terrible for PvP, CC 5 offense and 5 defense slots make it amazing for the mass blaster meta.
Chrysalis is the only infector still usable, still only worthy as a sidearm.
IDK how things are on PS3 NA but here on PCNA nanophagus is among the worst options, no diffusers = instant death vs anyone who mains PvP

im a constant PvP user, and i can say i kill people running Sentinels with full stack of diffusers in the same time than a one running a cheap omni instigator rig. i tried all the rigs and my top will be always 1. Electro rig 2. Nanophagus due to the great rig bonus you can have with nano rig. stacking a good shield/health dmg on a rig can be more effective than running a full diffusor rig, if you are fast and you know how to shoot.

All in my opinion tho. there are different ways to play PvP, it depends on the player.

Bullet Babe
03-14-2018, 07:06 PM
im a constant PvP user, and i can say i kill people running Sentinels with full stack of diffusers in the same time than a one running a cheap omni instigator rig. i tried all the rigs and my top will be always 1. Electro rig 2. Nanophagus due to the great rig bonus you can have with nano rig. stacking a good shield/health dmg on a rig can be more effective than running a full diffusor rig, if you are fast and you know how to shoot.

All in my opinion tho. there are different ways to play PvP, it depends on the player.

Yeah I hear ya, must be a difference console and pc meta.
The top pvpers here all cc and elec. Nothing else can compete.

I've owned every JP rig at one time or another too, and have tried Nanophagus with 6◊ Sup Armor Perfs + Mag Accelerator keystone, and again with Sup Damage Intensifiers + Carnage key.

Either way I played it, it just wasn't as reliable as CC Rig. That extra 17% reduction from my 5◊ Sup Dmg Diffuse on CC is very strong. Especially combined with the 3 bonus plates it grants you. You get 6 plates while your shield is up, then of course when your shield breaks you get 4 more from Thick Skinned perk, I know the cap is 7 plates total (8 if you have a 4 plate shield) but if they break your plates then the redundancy is beneficial. Basically at all times during an engagement you will have 3+ armor and they'll have none.

Each plate = 10% reduction. That's also why the armor shred aspect of CC is so good.
CC rig + CN syn MB means you have lots of armor and they have none.

CC gives you armor and shreds away theirs, and CN syn gives you armor and shreds away theirs... and if they have no dmg diffusers too??
Woah mama they already dead quit wasting ammo!! hahahaha

CC rig gives you a lot of offense and a lot of defense it just has no real downside. Nanophage has a very obvious downside of no defense, and the offense it gives you does not make up for what it lacks.

Omnirig gives you better offense than Nanophage, and it at least has 2 defense slots... although IMO if Omnirig had 4 misc. slots and no defense (same as nanophagus) then it would be better than having the 2 defense, I mean the 7% isn't noticable really. Regardless, Omnirig is a better offense option than Nanophage, and Omnirig is mediocre nowadays...

ok ok I am rambling sorry xD

Truth be told, anymore I just use my Electro +Carnage.
Just finished fully supreme chipping it:

+1.15◊ DMG
14% Damage Reduction
0.88◊ Reload
0.79◊ Movement Accuracy

The thing is so beautiful :_)

If you are shredding through 6k players with 6 diffuse sentinel rigs "just as fast" as you can people with garbage rigs, then something is very wrong with PS3 NA.

Full sup/oj dmg diffuse sentinels on PCNA can tank a lot of damage. Snipers hate them.

Best PvP Rigs:
Electrocutioner
Cleaving Corrosion
Sentinel

Pretty Good:
Omnirig
An Overclocked Prime Evolver with T3 Vampire Shield and good slot RNG

Unusable:
Nanophagus
Razor Reign
Mercenary's Precision

Best Synergies:
Cleansing Napalm
Parasitic Impetus
Mutagenic Gestation

Really Good synergies:
Ether Acceleration
Spinal Tap
Isotropic Decay

To the OP of this thread I hope our discussion has helped :D

CalamityDusk
03-14-2018, 08:44 PM
I vs Koch a lot and I can say he indeed melts. However 8/10 he is using a fire nanoed weapon with elec and 15% shield damage keystone

It basically allows 50% damage to health than other nanos (fire nano) and elec rig with 10-16% shield damage ( shield disruptors) the 10% shield damage from the rig ability themselves and 15% from amp... plus the 1 or so second of 50% shield damage with elec

More than enough damage to crap on any damage diffed players parade.

Edit: and if he ainít using a fire nanoed weapon heís using a cn weapon (usually a mb)

Most of the time.

Bullet Babe
03-14-2018, 09:22 PM
I vs Koch a lot and I can say he indeed melts. However 8/10 he is using a fire nanoed weapon with elec and 15% shield damage keystone

It basically allows 50% damage to health than other nanos (fire nano) and elec rig with 10-16% shield damage ( shield disruptors) the 10% shield damage from the rig ability themselves and 15% from amp... plus the 1 or so second of 50% shield damage with elec

More than enough damage to crap on any damage diffed players parade.

Edit: and if he ain’t using a fire nanoed weapon he’s using a cn weapon (usually a mb)

Most of the time.

yeah my main MB is 5210 damage. MB are very OP. I have 2 CN MB each at over 5k on that damage stat.
There's only 2 players on pc na that are even a challenge for me anymore

:-/

CN MB with a full sup Elec rig and a PI syn blast bolter is my main load.

There's a guy here on pc that uses more or less the build you describe and he is one of the 2 that can keep pace with me.

Heat Shield and GA Life Insurance works wonders against fire nano. I switch to that loadout when need be but my default is syphon resist since everyone is syphon users. xD

check out my web page link in my sig :-)
happy hunting

CalamityDusk
03-14-2018, 10:28 PM
yeah my main MB is 5210 damage. MB are very OP. I have 2 CN MB each at over 5k on that damage stat.
There's only 2 players on pc na that are even a challenge for me anymore

:-/

CN MB with a full sup Elec rig and a PI syn blast bolter is my main load.

There's a guy here on pc that uses more or less the build you describe and he is one of the 2 that can keep pace with me.

Heat Shield and GA Life Insurance works wonders against fire nano. I switch to that loadout when need be but my default is syphon resist since everyone is syphon users. xD

check out my web page link in my sig :-)
happy hunting

I checked out a few pvp videos. Lovely game play

Bullet Babe
03-14-2018, 10:34 PM
I checked out a few pvp videos. Lovely game play

Thank You that means a lot!

I have more coming soon, in fact I have been working on a PvP mashup all week compiling clips together... it is massive... going to be like an hour long compilation of highlights when it's all said and done.

Also have more videos planned for my Secrets series, which if you havent checked out you definitely should.

Anyway yeah back on topic PvP right xD
I have almost 500 gigabytes of pvp footage that I am sorting through, will be done hopefully next week!

cheers