PDA

View Full Version : Cloak, fairly easy to counter.

Beats
04-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Don't run aimlessly around and then complain about turning a corner into a shotgunner. Second, use the perk set up that counters cloak. Off of decoy there is a perk that ruins cloak for enemies in 30 meters, that is amazingly powerful and can effectively shut down a persons cloak outside their effective range, since many who use cloak also use shotguns. Since there are only two maps currently, it's not hard to know places that are just bad ideas to go without a flash nade or the ability to use your decoy to uncloak them.

Salvador
04-10-2013, 09:19 AM
which perk set up counters cloak?

i currently use an AR with the burning nano to help deal with cloakers.

Escalith
04-10-2013, 09:24 AM
OP never used Decoy+Perk.

Fighting 8 players with shotgun/cloak and having a 1 minute cooldown that reveals them upon activation in a 30 yard range doesn't equal ''Fairly easy to counter''.

And even if you happen to reveal someone behind you they still got the jump.

It works against bad players, but against those you don't need Decoy+Perk.

Kroktar
04-10-2013, 09:48 AM
rofl..i love Cloak users :p

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 11:55 AM

Fighting 8 players with shotgun/cloak and having a 1 minute cooldown that reveals them upon activation in a 30 yard range doesn't equal ''Fairly easy to counter''.

Decoy has cooldown reductions. Try using Pumped Up 3 with a low clip mag; each time you run out of ammo, you get 15% taken off your cooldown. Using a Cankor/Pumped Up 3 has allowed me to cut my Decoy recharge substantially. Not only that, but you can teleport to your decoy. Ding this, I like to BioGrenade at my own feet and Decoy Teleport, then Metoer Rifle/Cankor.

You just have to kill the habit of the Tactical Reloading ALL THE TIME that many players use so much.

Beats
04-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Decoy has cooldown reductions. Try using Pumped Up 3 with a low clip mag; each time you run out of ammo, you get 15% taken off your cooldown. Using a Cankor/Pumped Up 3 has allowed me to cut my Decoy recharge substantially. Not only that, but you can teleport to your decoy. Ding this, I like to BioGrenade at my own feet and Decoy Teleport, then Metoer Rifle/Cankor.

You just have to kill the habit of the Tactical Reloading ALL THE TIME that many players use so much.

This is what I mean more a less. There are plenty of ways to reduce it's cd and other things. egos are hare to use often without any sort of ego regen or perks lowering cooldown in any effective manner. That and I rarely get matches that are 6/8 cloaks on enemy team. Not saying it doesn't happen, and in those situations it turns from "fairly easy" to "pretty hard" But I've been in plenty of mathes with 3 or 4 and had no problem going positive in k/d/a and doing well in general.

Galdoblame
04-10-2013, 02:50 PM

the same thing happen to cloak. cloak ahve the shortest cd out there. i shoot 4 time in the beggining with my saw off and it's rdy up. and my shotgun do not have ego reduction on it.

Galdoblame
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM

this. +1,someone finally think as i do.

i only found some way to spot cloak,and it's :

-Bug (they can aggro on cloak)
-bio nade
-spanner (they auto lock on them if they are in range.)
-spray with a smg.

other than that : take a huge shield,a saw off,and damage reduction. once they shoot you,shoot them and get the kill.Use nade if necessary.

it's sad,but really,as much as i speaked with the others : Deal with it. That's how it is.

Beats
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
this. +1,someone finally think as i do.

it's sad,but really,as much as i speaked with the others : Deal with it. That's how it is.

I never claimed to have a problem with cloak. I just posted this so some of the q.q'ers would simmer down. And it does work in every match I've tried it in. As far as vs a full team of shotgun+cloak I'm sure it won't be so useful, but I have yet to run into that group and I pvp fairly often. There is always a few people who use blur and decoy and overcharge. Or cloak without a shotgun, such a sniper rifles or the like.

As for +1'ing him, have you tried decoy+perk? It's quite effective.

Galdoblame
04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I never claimed to have a problem with cloak. I just posted this so some of the q.q'ers would simmer down. And it does work in every match I've tried it in. As far as vs a full team of shotgun+cloak I'm sure it won't be so useful, but I have yet to run into that group and I pvp fairly often. There is always a few people who use blur and decoy and overcharge. Or cloak without a shotgun, such a sniper rifles or the like.

As for +1'ing him, have you tried decoy+perk? It's quite effective.

it not. i was doing it every so 40 sec..and for what? being killed by a cloak that was 2 meter for em while i was activating it?

i even removed the sweeper ability form my decoy build ,because it never allowed me to find any cloak.Bad luck i guess...And i was doing ebtter,since i had it to blink away and turn around to get a kill :3