PDA

View Full Version : This is bad press - A good pre-review.

Diggot
04-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Angry Joe is mostly right, and here he is spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-iKMWrwl74

Watch it all. I'm sure you'll agree. I really think the 3platform code screwed up a lot.

Cutlass Jack
04-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Stop the Press. Angry Joe is angry.

hardy83
04-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Kind of funny how they drove a USB to his house though.

Though to note, he did say he was having fun when he actually started playing the game. lol

alienoid
04-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Would be good if actually it was what everybody experienced. I know some people had problems, that's very true but on the other hand another part of the players didn't have a single problem (I'm one of those).
Sh!t happens with online gaming, I'm used to deal with it and I'm quite glad I didn't have to face any problems this time. I downloaded alpha, beta2 and beta3, release at max speed in 2-3 hours each and played right off the bat and the live game crashed only 1 time on me over the week.
Can't say I can complain ;)
On the other hand, I can't patch SWtoR expansion since yesterday, I keep getting patch errors lol Will that make me angry ? Nah, frustrated at best. Will I go rant and whine on their forums. Nah, that won't change anything anyways, I'll just wait. It'll work eventually ;)

lundwooder
04-10-2013, 07:14 AM
That guy's annoying as ****

Dahdii
04-10-2013, 07:18 AM
That guy's annoying as ****

To each his own.

Bobbyieboy
04-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Ok lets see what do we have here, a rant about how beta sucks, someone that can't follow instructions and crying about a game that has been out at the time for 4 days. Yeah very true i remember when this one game came out and was perfect on the first day. Yeah it was called... never happened. I'm not going to base a oponion on someone from one video but i'm not inclined to watch any of the other stuff either. Oponions can change.

Superhero
04-10-2013, 07:27 AM
AJ is always Right.

Badblade
04-10-2013, 07:35 AM
I have found the Trion team has been really responsive all things considered. I like the level of communication. Anybody that has played MMOs know that things take time to settle (though its unfortunate the preorders went sideways). These games always start with insufficient servers... then they buy more. They are expensive. This makes sense.

I think we have a lot of FPS shooter people that are losing sight of the fact that this is both a shooter and an MMO...

Munx
04-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Don't think this will really be bad press, Anyone would be upset at such patcher errors, however this is the kinda thing that is a isolated one time "**** THIS" issue, and as long as trion fixes it I don't see how it would impact the future of the game much at all.

He said nothing that even related to the 3platforms, so not sure why you brought that up.

tarof
04-10-2013, 09:24 AM
The patcher is horrible though, normal mmo download theyr games like a torrent. If you quit then it will remeber where you left off and start from there. It has been like for a decade now and Trion should have known better then to use a prehestoric patcher.

jonwes
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Ugh. I just can't handle this guy. I'm sure what he's saying is true, but I don't know how anyone could stand to watch more than 30 seconds.