PDA

View Full Version : Power level and EGO. What is the difference?

Ziiv
04-10-2013, 06:47 AM
What IS the difference between power level and EGO level? I thought they were the same but my power level is currently much lower than my EGO level.

Tango80
04-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Power level = Ego level

However you only get points for EGO when you fill the low exp bar up. Pursuits that grant ego rating don't add to the EGO point pool.

Ziiv
04-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Power level = Ego level

However you only get points for EGO when you fill the low exp bar up. Pursuits that grant ego rating don't add to the EGO point pool.

OK. Then how come I am EGO level of 181 and power rating of 140? And is there a way to see your power rating other than when you first log on?

Tango80
04-10-2013, 07:41 AM
OK. Then how come I am EGO level of 181 and power rating of 140? And is there a way to see your power rating other than when you first log on?

The power rating is only needed for specific ego perks to be unlocked. I.e. 200 power level to unlock such and such. As of currently EGO level=Power level. Other than that power rating doesn't mean anything.

Unlocking perk slots, Faction, and co-op quest require you to have a high enough ego rating to unlock them or power level. Using specific guns from other people you trade with also requires you to have certain amount of ego to use. I.e. Someone with ego rated gun of 500 gives it to you however you can't use it unless your ego level is equal to or exceed it's required EGO level.

IntenseSpirit
04-10-2013, 07:59 AM
When you load your character, it shows the last few power level "benchmarks" (250, 500, etc) then your current power level. However, you can interrupt and stop the display.

Ziiv
04-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Hmmm. OK. I just don't understand why they list a power level as a different number if it should be equal to my EGO rating.

fang1192
04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Hmmm. OK. I just don't understand why they list a power level as a different number if it should be equal to my EGO rating.

Its not lower - it is just showing you the last few benchmarks you passed.

Ziiv
04-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Oh, ok. Like the level needed to upgrade your EGO power, etc.

It is a strange and confusing way to do it, IMO.

IntenseSpirit
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
It's easy to miss exactly what you've unlocked when you hit a certain EGO level, so I imagine that's why it shows your unlock history.

ranger2410
04-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Oh, ok. Like the level needed to upgrade your EGO power, etc.

It is a strange and confusing way to do it, IMO.

Strange, confusing, bad, poorly thought out, un-inspired. It's another incredibly simple thing trion overlooked.