PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Livestream 3/16 - Assault Class Preview

TrionMobi
03-15-2018, 01:56 PM
Hey Ark Hunters!

This Friday we will be taking an early look at the Assault class and some of the class system user-interface (UI). Last week we discussed the Valor program and new Pursuits added to Defiance. Check out the 3/9 livestream video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emw9BiXW9VU). Feel free to ask questions about the upcoming livestream and what classes you are excited to see!

Defiance Livestream is Friday at 10:30am PT at https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

See you Friday!

Bentu
03-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Would be interesting to see a list of all the classes.

Calm like a Bomb
03-15-2018, 02:39 PM
https://s18.postimg.org/mwboei56x/unknown.png
From that screenshot, I take it that these are the classes:

Assassin
Assault
Guardian
Medic
Demolitionist
Crusader
Engineer

Fallen_Aingeal
03-15-2018, 03:12 PM
I've been under the impression, from all the "you can play the way you want to play" rhetoric, that I would be able to do just that...

I may be making a large assumption here, but it looks as though, if I want to play the Assault Class, I can only use blur. If this isn't true, I apologize in advanced.

Some clarification on this will be nice, if it's given...

JOCCO5150
03-15-2018, 03:36 PM

Assassin
Assault
Guardian
Medic
Demolitionist
Crusader
Engineer

That looks like you can't choose the ego power, you get three bonus abilities, and then 8 perks. And looks like you get Plus 5% damage for that class

Trick83
03-15-2018, 03:57 PM
I've been under the impression, from all the "you can play the way you want to play" rhetoric, that I would be able to do just that...

I may be making a large assumption here, but it looks as though, if I want to play the Assault Class, I can only use blur. If this isn't true, I apologize in advanced.

That's what it's looking like. "you will play like this with these perks", and if so, add it to the list of things they're screwing up before day 1.

Antony Harrist
03-15-2018, 05:11 PM
That's what it's looking like. "you will play like this with these perks", and if so, add it to the list of things they're screwing up before day 1.

Iím actually really worried about this class system, I hope the classes are optional or we can make our own, one of the best parts for me about defiance is being able to build your load out how you like, being forced to have certain perks is going to be horrible

Itís great for new players, but not so great for anyone that knows what there doing

There needs to be a lot of feedback asked to us about these classes, tbh I think we know better how this game works

Edit:got this horrible feeling itís going to be 8 set perks, plus a set grenade spike and stim for each class, I really hope Iím wrong though

Darknessss
03-15-2018, 05:30 PM

Yes clarifcation is needed. Ive always considered blur to be for melee (which I dont see listed), and overcharge as assault.

The bonus listed shows AR, is that also for SMG?

My fav weapon is my MOTU and that is both a bullet and explosive weapon and currently I have ego perks that cover both on the same loadout, will that still be possible with this new system?

Will the class choice stack with armor and weapon synergies like the way assault armament does now?

-Thx

kromc5
03-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Just on the surface this looks terribly limiting to what we have now. I have trouble believing they would limit ergo powers to classes. That would be frustrating if that is the new way. I love the system we have now as you can tailor your character to maximize for every event, xpo etc. I have never like games that box you into one class type at the detriment of other weapons, perks, etc. Hope the stream will shed some light concerning the new game mechanics.

PurePlayinSerb
03-15-2018, 06:13 PM

Assassin
Assault
Guardian
Medic
Demolitionist
Crusader
Engineer

can't wait to find out more about these, with medic i'm assuming it will be a bmg class, i will make an infector bmg class with that one, looks like we will have more creativity and options in building loadouts in 2050

richardkrainium
03-15-2018, 07:04 PM
from what im gathering or assuming , classes are what our loadouts use to be but with a few tweeks to limit or benefit and the 0/5 is the indicator of how many times the perk has been upgraded like our current ones are

JOCCO5150
03-15-2018, 07:11 PM
from what im gathering or assuming , classes are what our loadouts use to be but with a few tweeks to limit or benefit and the 0/5 is the indicator of how many times the perk has been upgraded like our current ones are

Pretty much. I'm hoping that you are not forced to use a certain ego power with what class you choose

richardkrainium
03-15-2018, 07:17 PM
could be worse could be forced to use certain perks depending on what ego you choose

Logain
03-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Will there only be the 6 classes? Or are more classes earn able in game?

Trying to get a feeling for what are we grinding for in Defi2050?

Calm like a Bomb
03-15-2018, 07:23 PM
This is how I interpret the screenshot.
This is the Class Tree menu. He is a level 1 character with 6000,000 xp and has 0 character points. The Assault Class Tree menu is selected. The bonus you get for selecting the Assault Class is 5% assault rifle damage. He has chosen Blur as his ego power, which he had selected after completing the tutorial. The next row are the first 3 perks of the Assault Class. The following three rows are the remaining Assault Class specific perks yet to be unlocked.

richardkrainium
03-15-2018, 07:26 PM
This is how I interpret the screenshot.
This is the Class Tree menu. He is a level 1 character with 6000,000 xp and has 0 character points. The Assault Class Tree menu is selected. The bonus you get for selecting the Assault Class is 5% assault rifle damage. He has chosen Blur as his ego power, which he had selected after completing the tutorial. The next row are the first 3 perks of the Assault Class. The following three rows are the remaining Assault Class specific perks yet to be unlocked.

so your thinking more of a borderlands tree then?

Calm like a Bomb
03-15-2018, 07:57 PM
so your thinking more of a borderlands tree then?

Yes, and I like how this makes it fresh and new with the addition of the class system, yet keeps it familiar by allowing you to play as "you want" by allowing you to choose which ego power you'll equip.

richardkrainium
03-15-2018, 08:26 PM
Yes, and I like how this makes it fresh and new with the addition of the class system, yet keeps it familiar by allowing you to play as "you want" by allowing you to choose which ego power you'll equip.

will be interesting to see if or what new perks they came up with.alot of the current ones are a bit stale or for the most part useless

Ryu Soba JP
03-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Here is a serious question. Will there be hard locks on 2050? I haven’t played in almost 1 year and started back a few days ago and just froze in the game and had to force restart the console. If there will be hard freezing in 2050 count me out.

JOCCO5150
03-15-2018, 08:43 PM
Here is a serious question. Will there be hard locks on 2050? I haven’t played in almost 1 year and started back a few days ago and just froze in the game and had to force restart the console. If there will be hard freezing in 2050 count me out.

Most likely the next gen consoles will be able to handle the game.

richardkrainium
03-16-2018, 06:26 AM
another assumption here, it looks like they combined weapon skill into the classes. so as you level up each weapon type you unlock perks and perk points and increase weapon type bonuses as per our current weapon leveling system.
also at the bottom of the screen it allows us to respec the class which leads one to believe it is customize-able and not set perks and powers

Light Energy
03-16-2018, 06:29 AM
Just a reminder for peeps that the live stream is today.

The clocks went forward one hour in the USA on March 11, so 10:30AM PST is now 17:30 GMT, 18:30 CET

Hope to get some proper details about the class system / tree :)

@Trion: Here is my first bug report :D

There is a typo here:
https://i.imgur.com/IvmaN8G.png

KevinVonBach
03-16-2018, 08:07 AM
I'm looking forward to more info on the 2050 beta today...

"Get ready, Ark Hunters! Join us tomorrow, 3/16 at 10:30AM PDT for our weekly #Defiance2050 livestream! This week we'll be showing off the new Assault Class and have beta giveaways. Don't be late!"

Akira Kimekawa
03-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Am I suppose to get a message or email with the beta key code I won today?

Killerdrachen / Akira Hikekawa (PS3 NA server)

Bentu
03-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Am I suppose to get a message or email with the beta key code I won today?

Killerdrachen / Akira Hikekawa (PS3 NA server)

Yes you should get a message on Twitch.

Akira Kimekawa
03-16-2018, 04:39 PM
Yes you should get a message on Twitch.

Thank you Bentu, someone told me that on Twitch as well, but haven't heard anything from Trion. 1st time winning one of their drawings on livestream lol.

Kuraokami
03-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Same here. I didn't receive a message yet. It's my 1st time too winning a giveaway :v

Akira Kimekawa
03-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Same here. I didn't receive a message yet. It's my 1st time too winning a giveaway :v

Congrats ^_^

Johnny Stranger
03-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Gratz ... had several PS3 win ... hot momma , you two and I think ronin won as well .. think 1 more as well ....
Hang tight though ... don’t think you’ll get anything till beta is close to launching

Akira Kimekawa
03-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Gratz ... had several PS3 win ... hot momma , you two and I think ronin won as well .. think 1 more as well ....
Hang tight though ... don’t think you’ll get anything till beta is close to launching

Thanks, I was just hoping official clarification. But I'm glad my fellow arkhunters are always willing to help. :)

EDIT: I'm just so hyped up... from willing and for being able to try Defiance 2050.

Hanimichal
03-16-2018, 09:04 PM

Assassin
Assault
Guardian
Medic
Demolitionist
Crusader
Engineer

I do not see Rig, is it removed from the game?

KevinVonBach
03-17-2018, 06:44 AM
Thank you Bentu, someone told me that on Twitch as well, but haven't heard anything from Trion. 1st time winning one of their drawings on livestream lol.

Judging from what happened when I won a code last week, it should take a day or two before Trion messages you through Twitch... asking for your Glyph associated email, and platform of choice.

Not exactly sure when we'll receive the actual beta code... *shrug*

Calm like a Bomb
03-17-2018, 07:50 AM
I do not see Rig, is it removed from the game?

That screenshot is of the Class Tree menu not the Loadout menu, however, I do believe that I heard during one of the livestreams that cyber rigs and expos have been removed for 2050.

JOCCO5150
03-17-2018, 08:02 AM
That screenshot is of the Class Tree menu not the Loadout menu, however, I do believe that I heard during one of the livestreams that cyber rigs and expos have been removed for 2050.

I remember hearing the same thing. They said they are being revamped.

Sliverbaer
03-17-2018, 08:42 AM
My notes from the stream

Inventory slots will not transfer, but can be purchased with valor points. The need for 400 inventory slots no longer exists in their new system.

Vanity bundles with outfits and vehicles will transfer over. (Hopefully we will eventually get a concrete list.)

4 Core classes and everything else is considered 'Premium'. (Premium is probably a bad term to use.) The others you can unlock later as they gradually add them to the game.

No trading at launch. The thought being that because of the new item system it won't be needed. But they may add a way to trade bits...

Leveling
Core Levels 1-50
Class Levels are 1-25. You gain one point per level to use to unlock perks and abilities. All gated by level.

Assault is the core class with balance. Giving bonus in assault type weapons.

Three active abilities per class each with perks. Assassin will for instance have a charge blade ability. The Assault looked to have a run speed (blur) with increased damage (overcharge).

Charge blades will no longer be items. It will be an ability for Assassins.

Free respecs on loadout class trees.

Ability a few perks, then another ability to unlock then some more perks, etc. Like one ability was a healstim related. (An example of emoving the item from game and making it an ability, thus reducing inventory.)

25 points per tree won't be able to max out the entire tree.

Story-line will remain the same. Just gated by level and rewards will be different.

Not native 4k res for PS4Pro or XBoxOne 4k systems at launch. They will look into making it native later. (So upscale at launch)

They kept reiterating that the game will be Focused on Classes. Where there may be a better choice depending on the situation.

Valor point transfer to new system, will be from highest character linked to account. Can only transfer to one system. (Can't use all points on PS4 and then again PC for example.)

"DLC is no longer a thing." It's now part of the main game. They will not add content that will need to be purchased and have players gated from gaining access.

Clan revamp. No big clans anymore. Max amount he mentioned was 300.

IMO the UI seems like a rebuild from the early versions of the game. They also seem like they are going to drag this info sharing out for as long as possible. Either to keep the hype going or that they haven't figured it out yet.

Mattmydo
03-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Didn't they mention that there would be no weapon synergies either?

JOCCO5150
03-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Didn't they mention that there would be no weapon synergies either?

I think they said something about no synergies as we know them

Hanimichal
03-18-2018, 05:03 PM
The rig should be shown here or some of this place not in inventory i think
https://s10.postimg.org/ilcjgu0qx/asdasdas.png (https://postimages.org/)

So the new game is completely new and have nothing from the old one, only graphics and story still

I see the new game is like nurfed copy of the old, hope they add a lot of new contents twice or more that of was nurfed or will be really a big trash

Mifune013
03-18-2018, 06:36 PM
4 Core classes and everything else is considered 'Premium'. (Premium is probably a bad term to use.) The others you can unlock later as they gradually add them to the game.

They should call it Prestige Classes or Advance Classes. Calling it Premium Classes makes people think they're cash shop classes, or require them to buy into some sort of subscription.

Akira Kimekawa
03-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Judging from what happened when I won a code last week, it should take a day or two before Trion messages you through Twitch... asking for your Glyph associated email, and platform of choice.

Not exactly sure when we'll receive the actual beta code... *shrug*

I'm starting to think they forgot about me, because its been 2 days now and still no message... :/

SHiftt87
03-19-2018, 08:04 AM

Yes I won a give away as well on last stream and still no message on twitch. Been 3 days now.

KevinVonBach
03-19-2018, 09:56 AM
I'm starting to think they forgot about me, because its been 2 days now and still no message... :/

Yes I won a give away as well on last stream and still no message on twitch. Been 3 days now.

Yeah....

FeelsBadMan

chow1116
03-19-2018, 10:02 AM
I won 50k pg and beta code. Have yet to receive any word so I pmd mobi. Surely a reply is coming soon lol

Akira Kimekawa
03-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Just checked my Twitch and received my message 11 hours ago, so they are coming. :)

KevinVonBach
03-20-2018, 06:49 AM
Yeah, I received my Twitch message at some point yesterday... now, I just have to play the beta waiting simulator.

FeelsGoodMan

Bentu
03-20-2018, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I received my Twitch message at some point yesterday... now, I just have to play the beta waiting simulator.

FeelsGoodMan

Grats. ................

Light Energy
03-20-2018, 07:24 AM

It's been 11 days for me now.

Still ... I know they are not always super fast with these things:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256758-Still-haven-t-received-live-stream-prize
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256015-Giveaways-from-the-Defiance-Livestream-March-24-2017

Have the "Log in to win" winners been announced and have they received their super jackpots yet?

Kuraokami
03-20-2018, 07:42 AM
I received an email saying trion sent a twitch message but when I go on twitch I see no message there. I hit up zephkial and mobi about it

KevinVonBach
03-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Have the "Log in to win" winners been announced and have they received their super jackpots yet?

This was discussed in another thread yesterday (if I'm not mistaken)... wish I could find the direct link.

Light Energy
03-20-2018, 08:38 AM
This was discussed in another thread yesterday (if I'm not mistaken)... wish I could find the direct link.
Ah, thanks, I haven't been reading the forum much recently (and so many posts since 2050 was announced).

I found it:

Still waiting for winners to respond. By law, we have to give winners a certain amount of time to respond, before we have to pick new winners. We keep picking winners, waiting for a response, getting no response and then picking again. We learned some lessons on this giveaway and will be doing things differently next time we do one of these. We will announce the winners once they finally respond back to us.
I am glad some lessons were learned ... I (and I'm sure many other players) could have suggested better ways to manage giveaways.
I learned lessons after trying to organize last years Clan Anniversary events.