PDA

View Full Version : Movies that made you cry

Grey
03-05-2013, 05:31 AM
My Dog Skip, Marely and Me, K-Pax, Mulan, Edward Scissor hands,The Hobbit (cause I know how it will end)
Robin Williams when he does serious things, and I think that's almost all of them

echoplex
03-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Hmmm... The most recent, A Perfect World. Oh mah Gawd.
The Green Mile.. uhhh, Toy Story 3? Hahaha.

If there's something engineered to make you cry, I just might do it.:p

The Fallen
03-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Forrest Gump got me a little teary eye'd the first time I saw it. Hell when doesn't Tom Hanks make me cry.

Protonix
03-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Field of Dreams

Grey
03-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Hmmm... The most recent, A Perfect World. Oh mah Gawd.
The Green Mile.. uhhh, Toy Story 3? Hahaha.

If there's something engineered to make you cry, I just might do it.:p
sounded sooo wrong

echoplex
03-05-2013, 10:25 AM
sounded sooo wrong
Haha.

I wasn't crying.
There was something in my eye. I swear it!

Stop looking at me!

:p

Grey
03-05-2013, 11:02 AM
c; we shall watch

djwar75
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Why just movies? I must say that when i saw the end of halo4, i welled up pretty bad. 343 industries told a story through that game that should be in ranking with great movies. Also, Armageddon... Bruce dies for his future son in law? Im not a robot...

Defy
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
"Big Fish"

snippax
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Why just movies? I must say that when i saw the end of halo4, i welled up pretty bad. 343 industries told a story through that game that should be in ranking with great movies. Also, Armageddon... Bruce dies for his future son in law? Im not a robot...

Not gonna lie, I got pretty misty eyed during Mass Effect 3.

A s0t
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
the dog that stopped the war, hey i was little kid when i watched it

Kyria
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Pay It Forward.

Katronia
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Titanic, Powder and What Dreams May Come.. are some of the worst offenders for me.

Paladin
03-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Every good comedy ever invented

TR GunPlay
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
The notebook, freedom writers, The ending of Final Fantasy X. The newest Les Miserable. :(

lutheran
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Tank Girl sooo bad i had no option

AGuyWithNoName
04-05-2013, 06:09 PM
"Big Fish"

Excellent call on that one. Probably one of the most underrated movies in my opinion. Agree with the poster that said What Dreams May Come also. Sometimes it's not the movie so much as an action that must be taken. A good example would be in I Am Legend. Not really a tear jerker over all but I must admitt, when Will Smith's character had to kill his dog I started tearing up. The idea that you believe you are the last person left alive, and then to have to kill the only friend that you have...powerful stuff. An oldie but goody as far as emotion story's would have to be Mask. No, not the movie with Jim Carrie but the 80's film that dealt with the young lad who was born with major deformities.

To the poster that mentioned heartfelt moments in gaming I suggest a trip into Lost Odyssey. It's an amazing game to begin with but the "memories" that the main character has are some of the most moving pieces of literature I've experienced in this particular area of entertainment. If I remember correctly, they actually had a prominent writer in Japanese literature actually come up with those stories just for the game.

Death5112
04-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Pokemon the Movie nuff said

colten andrews
04-13-2013, 02:58 PM
As a veteran of the USMC for 9 yrs, until I got hurt in Iraq, I have to say Saving Private Ryan and We Were Soldiers definitely make me cry. Lol I can't believe I just admitted that in a public forum!

l Calypso l
04-13-2013, 03:04 PM
The Bridge documentary...it's kind of a movie.
Titanic
Le miserables
And for some reason Girl, Interrupted.

Jamesdanex
04-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Marley and Me, that movie can **** off

AGuyWithNoName
04-13-2013, 03:12 PM
As a veteran of the USMC for 9 yrs, until I got hurt in Iraq, I have to say Saving Private Ryan and We Were Soldiers definitely make me cry. Lol I can't believe I just admitted that in a public forum!

Feel no shame in that sir. A bud of mine went into the Air Force at 17 and saw action overseas during the first Gulf War. That movie came out not too long after he decided he wouldn't re-enlist. I've known this gent for 25+ of my close to 40 years on this earth and I've never seen him shed a tear. We went to see that movie together and he just sat there, glued to the screen. In the end, when the reveal comes that the gentleman paying his respects is Pvt. Ryan, and he stands up to salute and asks his wife to please tell him he earned it...my good friend that I'd never seen cry, bawled like a baby. I understood what that scene meant, but I didn't understand what that scene meant. Not until my friend, whom had been in service and combat, opened my eyes with a little understanding.

There are some things that unless you've been through it, you'll never understand it. And though sometimes we do share a path with a fellow traveler, we are still different in how we perceive and react to that which we see on said path. By sharing the things that have shaped you, when and where you're ready, you in turn have a chance to shape a fellow human being. By the way, both of those were excellent movies and I did enjoy them both.

Ape One
04-13-2013, 04:12 PM
K-Pax was rough , and the Will Smith movie The Pursuit of Happiness (a great movie for dads)

Kyria
04-14-2013, 03:30 AM
There are some things that unless you've been through it, you'll never understand it. And though sometimes we do share a path with a fellow traveler, we are still different in how we perceive and react to that which we see on said path. By sharing the things that have shaped you, when and where you're ready, you in turn have a chance to shape a fellow human being.

Exceptionally well put! It's nice to unexpectedly stumble upon random gems like this browsing the forums! :)

colten andrews
04-14-2013, 09:15 AM
AguyWithNoName, thank you for that! Very well said!

Taaltos
04-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Bridge to Terabithia. Dear God that movie.

Several episodes of Doctor Who.

JTheJackal
04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Robin Williams when he does serious things

Robin Williams is great when he plays a serious role. One Hour Photo and Insomnia :D

On topic: 500 days of Summer. That park bench scene :'[

Kitty
04-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Léon: The Professional.
I always end up coughing and being like "Oh, it's not crying, I'm just choking on my own spit... my bad."

Also, somehow Sleeping Dogs made me cry. Not even sure how, but it did.

FriendlyStranger
04-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Bridge to Terabithia, definately. Pursuit of Happiness. Reign over Me, not sure if I cried but definitely got to me on several levels. (By the by I Am Legend is a much better book than movie, waaaaay more moving.) Iron Giant, I still have trouble watching the end of that movie. Oh, and the episode of adventure time (can't recall the title right now) where the Ice Kind shows up at Marceline's to make a song with her so he can get the babes. I almost couldn't stop crying, it was just so sad...

Demented Dame
04-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Pay It Forward.This was the first movie that popped in my head. So sad... Great movie!

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm not sure, the only movie I remember getting teary eyed over was Donnie Darko.

I've teared up (I wouldn't call it "crying" per say :p) a few times during The Walking Dead, Mass Effect 3, and Katawa Shoujo.

kkhendy
04-15-2013, 02:52 PM
A few of the Tennant Doctor Who episodes made me cry, but in terms of films it's usually films with animals. So Marley and Me and (shamefully) I am Legend, even though that is an awesome film.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure, the only movie I remember getting teary eyed over was Donnie Darko.

I've teared up (I wouldn't call it "crying" per say :p) a few times during The Walking Dead, Mass Effect 3, and Katawa Shoujo.

Donnie Darko? That's an odd one for tearing up.

VectorHunter
04-15-2013, 09:52 PM
I Am Legend, End Of Watch, The Green Mile, We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, The Lord Of The Rings, Source Code, and a few more I can't remember.

Ashley Shepard
04-15-2013, 10:17 PM
End of Watch <3

Darmus
04-15-2013, 11:01 PM
I can't believe no one has said Watership Down yet

stormheart83
04-16-2013, 12:02 AM
We Were Soldiers and Black Hawk Down were wake up calls for me because as a teenager i always wanted to join the military and serve after watching those two movies i realised that perhaps i don't have what it takes.

Jaikon
04-16-2013, 12:07 AM
As someone that generally doesn't cry, the closest I've come is UP! and Blood Diamond.

Remag Div
04-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Donnie Darko? That's an odd one for tearing up.

It's a pretty depressing movie.

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 07:28 AM
It's a pretty depressing movie.

Ain't got nothing on Bridge to Terabithia.

The whole second half of the movie is a weep fest.

Midori Oku
04-16-2013, 10:29 AM

Those two movies have brought tears to my eyes many times. Although I do not know what combat like, I do know that is a horrible thing to see, and go through. Saving Private Ryan (in my opinion) has to be the most realistic war movie to date, and even then it can't come close to comparing to the real thing. My grandfather was in WWII, and was about to be deployed to the Japanese mainland. If it was not for the bombs being dropped, I most likely would not be here. They told him and everyone else there that only 1 in 12 would survive. I can only imagine what was going through his head, when he was basically told that he was going to die.

There is nothing wrong with what you said, even if it is on a public forum. It only shows that you have a heart, care for your fellow soldiers, and the ones who fought and died in the past. It's completely understandable, and I respect you for all you've done. :)

The Gray
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
RUDY , The Notebook, Braveheart, Passion of the Christ

Chicken n Biscuits
04-18-2013, 10:55 AM
One movie, and one movie only: Bridge to Terabithia.

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Ahh damn.. this will be sad... but uhh..

Face Off was the first movie ever to make me cry.. was odd... I was like.. what is happening?

Brad
04-18-2013, 06:42 PM
the only film to have ever made me cry was short circuit 2 and i think i was about 5 (it was the first time i watched it, but more specifically it was the scene where the 2 goons trash johnny 5)

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 06:56 PM

Dude... I'm not sure how.. But I did not cry during that movie.. However I think I was left worse as I was almost horrified or shocked. Something about that movie made me want to enlist; Which I did for awhile til I decided not to re-enlist for my own personal reasons.. (No it was not war as I signed up during a time of war and have a ribbon for it... Though at the same time I do not deserve it as I was personally never activated in the years I served.) Hooah to all the soldiers!

If you have not seen the documentary Rest Repo.. I highly suggest everyone give it a go

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 06:57 PM

That movie was ****ing sad! I forgot about that damn movie... Damn you..

Edit: For whatever reason it reminds me of the movie; My Girl. In terms of sappiness.... I didn't cry during either but damn!.. Horrible (great) movies.

Some people can't appreciate them as they have not went through similar situations... really make you think about life though.

Jammylambo
04-18-2013, 07:02 PM
My Dog Skip, Marely and Me, K-Pax, Mulan, Edward Scissor hands,The Hobbit (cause I know how it will end)
Robin Williams when he does serious things, and I think that's almost all of them

my wife and i got married to ice dance from edward scissorhands lol . its a tear jerker alright !

other films include

- up
- bicentenial man ) robin williams )
- my sisters keeper
- the road
- the notebook
- forest gump
- butterfly effect
- shawshank redemption
- green mile
- mary and max

to name but a few , honestly i think the wife only loves me because she secretly loves women and i am A MASSSIVE poosay.

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
my wife and i got married to ice dance from edward scissorhands lol . its a tear jerker alright !

other films include

- up
- bicentenial man ) robin williams )
- my sisters keeper
- the road
- the notebook
- forest gump
- butterfly effect
- shawshank redemption
- green mile
- mary and max

to name but a few , honestly i think the wife only loves me because she secretly loves women and i am A MASSSIVE poosay.

Green Mile - Yes.. damn..
Up - Holy ****... That movie really makes you think and want to enjoy life while we can...
Forest Gump - Epic ****ing movie... Most people only see the dry humor and miss the rest.
Butterfly effect - epic movie.. People need to think about this one and people that have been in that position as far as what supposedly happened in their childhood.
Shawshank - Everyone already knows.

AGuyWithNoName
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Ok, I keep seeing this Bridge to Terabithia title coming up. Is it really a good movie that I'm missing out on?

Jammylambo
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Green Mile - Yes.. damn..
Up - Holy ****... That movie really makes you think and want to enjoy life while we can...
Forest Gump - Epic ****ing movie... Most people only see the dry humor and miss the rest.
Butterfly effect - epic movie.. People need to think about this one and people that have been in that position as far as what supposedly happened in their childhood.
Shawshank - Everyone already knows.

dude if your a fan of up seriously go watch mary and max , or at the very least look it up !
im gonna look through our films and add to the list , its 3am here but we watch literally 20 odd films a week.

- time travellers wife
- benjamin button
- 7 pounds( ive seen this like 40times and i get the ol lump of coal every time haha)
- i am legend ( his dog really! )
- pursuit of happiness
- the iron giant( was kinda embarrassed by this one)
- million dollar baby ( this is heart wrenching)

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Ok, I keep seeing this Bridge to Terabithia title coming up. Is it really a good movie that I'm missing out on?

No! Its Horrible and sad! Also, Yes..(Going to use more dots than normal on this one)..........................................

Edit: it may require you to have kids, gone through a similar situation, or just in general appreciate your childhood to actually appreciate the movie...

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 07:31 PM
dude if your a fan of up seriously go watch mary and max , or at the very least look it up !
im gonna look through our films and add to the list , its 3am here but we watch literally 20 odd films a week.

- time travellers wife
- benjamin button
- 7 pounds( ive seen this like 40times and i get the ol lump of coal every time haha)
- i am legend ( his dog really! )
- pursuit of happiness
- the iron giant( was kinda embarrassed by this one)
- million dollar baby ( this is heart wrenching)

-Benjamin Button - Excellent movie!!! Another one that truly makes you think about life and the handicaps of others.
-I am legend - I don't remember to much about this one.. but I do remember liking it.. will have to go back and watch.. may have been a tired night.
-The iron giant: No reason at all to be ashamed... Another excellent movie.. Yes great for kids but they could never fully grasp or appreciate the story until adulthood.

Will check out the others and the others in your other list!! (woh.. lots of others) that I havn't commented on.. its just that I: A.. haven't seen them or.. B. Can't relate the title to the actual movie (Bad memory syndrome at times)

Taaltos
04-18-2013, 07:32 PM

This is how I feel everytime I watch that movie.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljiet4ifeD1qajq29.gif

Jammylambo
04-18-2013, 07:33 PM
-Benjamin Button - Excellent movie!!! Another one that truly makes you think about life and the handicaps of others.
-I am legend - I don't remember to much about this one.. but I do remember liking it.. will have to go back and watch.. may have been a tired night.
-The iron giant: No reason at all to be ashamed... Another excellent movie.. Yes great for kids but they could never fully grasp or appreciate the story until adulthood.

Will check out the others and the others in your other list!! (woh.. lots of others) that I havn't commented on.. its just that I: A.. haven't seen them or.. B. Can't relate the title to the actual movie (Bad memory syndrome at times)

of those in the second list , million dollar baby is the biggest tearjerker , its a film about a female boxer , but boxing is simply a metaphor for her lifes struggle , its probably my favourite film every simple for how well written it is.

Taaltos
04-18-2013, 07:33 PM

If you want all your damn feelers ripped out and throw on the floor in a puddle of SOB.

Jammylambo
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
If you want all your damn feelers ripped out and throw on the floor in a puddle of SOB.

ill have to get hold of this for the wife . we always like a challenge.

AGuyWithNoName
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Edit: it may require you to have kids, gone through a similar situation, or just in general appreciate your childhood to actually appreciate the movie...

I don't have kids as I don't believe I have desired traits to pass on that would actually help out society as a whole (yes, I think like that). Having said that though, I am a very introverted person and find that thoughts and moments that can be relate-able to all of us as humans can have an effect on me. Going to have to give this movie a try based on all the comments floating around this thread about it. Thanks for the suggestion all.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Fight club, the ending when him and marla hold hands as the world comes down around them, most romantic movie in a fu**ed up way. And..

The beginning of the STAR TREK REMAKE when kirks father is seconds away from death and hears his son crying over the com as hes born and hes calm as shyt and humble

And the end of THE MIST based on the stephen king short story directed by none other than walking deads frank darabont. The end of that movie is just bad tears the worst

Unbreakable, lilo and stitch, armaggedon, of course titanic. Sadly. Theres others ...but thats off the top of my head

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't have kids as I don't believe I have desired traits to pass on that would actually help out society as a whole (yes, I think like that). Having said that though, I am a very introverted person and find that thoughts and moments that can be relate-able to all of us as humans can have an effect on me. Going to have to give this movie a try based on all the comments floating around this thread about it. Thanks for the suggestion all.

First: Def give a try! Always the off switch!

Secondly: I wish more people thought like your or at least appreciated the seriousness of bringing a child in to the world. I'm kind of an odd ball that grew up really fast... I lived my 20s throughout my 12 - 18 age... 18 I joined the Military because I realized how off beat I was and thought some structure could do me well.. Not to mention I've pretty much imagined being a soldier my entire life (****ing subliminal messages)....

That being said.. even when I was young (16).. I knew I wanted to have children at somewhat of a young age... I wanted to be able to appreciate and play with them before being hindered by old age. No, I haven't always been the best off in many different areas especially finances... However, I've always felt I've had a lot to teach and could better someone else's life much better than my own. I was blessed with two miracle kids(patients; I'll refrain from details, long story) and almost feel it's my destiny to raise these two boys.

This is probably the most personal and serious post I've put on these forums or the internet period or perhaps shared online period.

I can tell your a real human being though as your correct... With enough understanding though; Or if you even take a moment to really imagine and put yourself in someone elses shoes. You can relate to anyone. Their is a reason people talk about sympathy pains especially regarding pregnant women and their spouses.

We can all relate... some people just don't care to.

John Lennon, (Perhaps not the exact quote); "Give peace a chance, If everyone sat in their bed for one day and just smoked a joint, their would be true peace" It may not be the exact quote and I honestly didn't bother to google it, though usually I do.. the message is there.

Chicken n Biscuits
04-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Yes, watch it, illegally download it, TiVo it, buy it on XBL ( I chose the last )

It's such a cute, and sweet, and dreadfully ****ing depressing movie.
but it's not at the same time.

It's, weird. I love it, I would never admit it to guy friends, but it's my favorite movie.
(swear, it has nothing to do with AnnaSophia Robb being the most adorable girl in the ****ing universe)

If you like movies that will have an effect on you, watch it.
but take into mind, it's a kids movie.

Still, made a 21 year old firefighter cry.
and I don't cry! lol

I can't think of any other movies that really hit me hard...
Actually, I lied.

Only two movies have ever made me cry:

Bridge to Terabithia,
and Ladder 49.

Dirt Nap
04-19-2013, 12:45 AM
...Pansies.

Joel
04-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Mister Holland's Opus

Taaltos
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Mister Holland's Opus

Oh wow. Totally forgot about this one, but yeah, that's a lump in the throat movie.

Bigtk
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't cry.

Cynical Jester
04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't cry.

Ok chuck calm down...

We all have our moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrUhrTKuJs

AGuyWithNoName
04-19-2013, 01:42 PM
First: Def give a try! Always the off switch!

Secondly: I wish more people thought like your or at least appreciated the seriousness of bringing a child in to the world. I'm kind of an odd ball that grew up really fast... I lived my 20s throughout my 12 - 18 age... 18 I joined the Military because I realized how off beat I was and thought some structure could do me well.. Not to mention I've pretty much imagined being a soldier my entire life (****ing subliminal messages)....

That being said.. even when I was young (16).. I knew I wanted to have children at somewhat of a young age... I wanted to be able to appreciate and play with them before being hindered by old age. No, I haven't always been the best off in many different areas especially finances... However, I've always felt I've had a lot to teach and could better someone else's life much better than my own. I was blessed with two miracle kids(patients; I'll refrain from details, long story) and almost feel it's my destiny to raise these two boys.

This is probably the most personal and serious post I've put on these forums or the internet period or perhaps shared online period.

I can tell your a real human being though as your correct... With enough understanding though; Or if you even take a moment to really imagine and put yourself in someone elses shoes. You can relate to anyone. Their is a reason people talk about sympathy pains especially regarding pregnant women and their spouses.

We can all relate... some people just don't care to.

John Lennon, (Perhaps not the exact quote); "Give peace a chance, If everyone sat in their bed for one day and just smoked a joint, their would be true peace" It may not be the exact quote and I honestly didn't bother to google it, though usually I do.. the message is there.

Excuse the derailment:
Opening the door to your soul when someone knocks can be a terrifying endeavor, but; it can lead to such wondrous treasures when you find those that are accepting. Thank you for sharing sir.

On topic:
Noticed someone mention Ladder 49. Seeing that title reminded me of Backdraft (I was cheering inside, against hope when Kurt Russell was hanging on to his fellow firefighter, "You go...We go!"). Another good movie that I was reminded of (was on cable last night) that is a really good, yet touching film is Hardball. It stars Keanu Reeves as a degenerate gambler that coaches an inner city youth baseball team. I actually got more than I bargained for with that movie.

Chicken n Biscuits
04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Noticed someone mention Ladder 49. Seeing that title reminded me of Backdraft (I was cheering inside, against hope when Kurt Russell was hanging on to his fellow firefighter, "You go...We go!"). Another good movie that I was reminded of (was on cable last night) that is a really good, yet touching film is Hardball. It stars Keanu Reeves as a degenerate gambler that coaches an inner city youth baseball team. I actually got more than I bargained for with that movie.

Backdraft was an amazing movie, but definitely not cry-worthy :P
I've heard of Hardball, and I swear I've seen it once, I just can't place it..

AGuyWithNoName
04-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Backdraft was an amazing movie, but definitely not cry-worthy :P
I've heard of Hardball, and I swear I've seen it once, I just can't place it..

Not the whole movie, just the part I referenced. Like I stated in an earlier post, sometimes it's not the culmination of an entire plot, sometimes it's the moment (see the I am Legend scene I referenced). Scenes can sometimes be relevant all on their own because of how we relate to them. Backdraft, for example, had me relating to the idea of someone you hold dear, who has fallen away from you only to re-emerge, but; before you can connect on a meaningful level, that person is taken from you (meaning the two brothers).
I'm a Pisces...what can I say? I'm a slave to dreaming and emotion! :D

Yeah, wasn't meaning the whole movie, sorry about that lol. Oh, and here's a a trailer for Hardball. Like I said, it's one of Reeves lesser known movies but the story is good. Tear-filled moment is towards the end (obviously lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-uDFOXoyM

The only thing I dislike about that trailer is the fact they tried to make it out to be a campy comedy. There's definitely humor, but the tone overall is a lot more serious.

Chicken n Biscuits
04-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Not the whole movie, just the part I referenced. Like I stated in an earlier post, sometimes it's not the culmination of an entire plot, sometimes it's the moment (see the I am Legend scene I referenced). Scenes can sometimes be relevant all on their own because of how we relate to them. Backdraft, for example, had me relating to the idea of someone you hold dear, who has fallen away from you only to re-emerge, but; before you can connect on a meaningful level, that person is taken from you (meaning the two brothers).
I'm a Pisces...what can I say? I'm a slave to dreaming and emotion! :D

Yeah, wasn't meaning the whole movie, sorry about that lol. Oh, and here's a a trailer for Hardball. Like I said, it's one of Reeves lesser known movies but the story is good. Tear-filled moment is towards the end (obviously lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-uDFOXoyM

The only thing I dislike about that trailer is the fact they tried to make it out to be a campy comedy. There's definitely humor, but the tone overall is a lot more serious.

I don't think I've seen it afterall..

It's like a baseball-urban-youth version of the Mighty Ducks.

****, I love the Mighty Ducks.