03-16-2018, 11:25 AM
Is this true? No more trading in 2050?

Bentu
03-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Yes...............

Kedarthebest
03-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Yes...............

And im turned off.. welp oldfiance we're not getting a divorce after all.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-16-2018, 11:37 AM
They are morphing D50 into a completely different game that D13 was...

One of the main reasons I got so addicted to the game was how unique it was. Now, it'll be like so many other games out there. I highly doubt I will log in as many hours or purchase as many bits as in the past.

It's a damned shame...

Kedarthebest
03-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Literally everyone will be the same.....like 0 types of variety...

SHiftt87
03-16-2018, 12:11 PM
it is very strange thinking of this game without trading. I mean its a social aspect as well. Taking a social aspect out of a mmo is weird.

KevinVonBach
03-16-2018, 12:13 PM
is it very strange thinking of this game without trading. I mean its a social aspect as well. Taking a social aspect out of a mmo is weird.

Same thing I thought to myself when I heard the news on today's stream...

Hate
03-16-2018, 12:22 PM
2050 looks really generic ,my main toon is a vetern which when the game first started your toon was good with all gun types but best with assault rifles and smg's ,survivalist was a sniper type , mechanic was a det guy and i forgot the other one, but they scraped that idea but it looks like they picked it up in 2050 .So if you picked vetern you were mostly good with an assault rifle but not so good with a sniper or det but could still use them .It looks like pvp will be a little more balanced and gear wont be a factor so thats a good thing but it makes it kinda plain .I never really traded so i dont care about that ,so what are we chasing for loot drops whats the advantage are we tryn to get to give us the edge over the next guy .

SHiftt87
03-16-2018, 12:30 PM
As a long time mmo player I find mmo's that follow the "give us the edge over the next guy" formula isn't fun. For instance the pvp in the game currently is horrid. no point in doing it unless you have a very specific set of perks going and wepons, shields equipped. I can't stand that. in PVE it should be team work. not oh my score was higher then the 20 other people at this arkfall. PVE stands for player versus environment, I think peolpe forget that. it's not a competition in PVE its suppose to be team work. the class system I think will make it feel like its more of a team work built game. Taking trading out is also taking away from the teamwork aspect. it's like we are "trading" one for the other. Pun intended

Kedarthebest
03-16-2018, 12:34 PM
There's still gonna be a meta on 2050....since people are saying there's going to be alot of uniqueness in this game, it'll be different and better.....yea whatever wait till you see 75% of your server with only assault class equipped with specific perks/egos....pffft.

SHiftt87
03-16-2018, 12:36 PM
I honestly think it would be nice to be able to atleast trade PG or scrap or something...but then it's for what? what are you trading with? scrap for PG and PG for scrap for modding and buying stuff? idk.

Also if there is no trading then is Scrip being scrapped? no use in having currecy really if there is no trading. or auction house type deal.

Calm like a Bomb
03-16-2018, 12:42 PM
In the livestream Destro said there would be no trading at the start of 2050 but they are looking at options for post launch such as making bits tradeable.

JOCCO5150
03-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Yes they said no trading to begin with, but they will most likely work it in, and maybe even make bits tradable.

SHiftt87
03-16-2018, 01:05 PM
hopefully this is the case. as much as I may not trade often, it is nice to be able to when the need arises.

r1p
03-16-2018, 01:13 PM
With all of the issues that surrounded trading and glitching in D1 I can't wait until they introduce bit trading. The forums will literally implode under the weight of all of the posts from players being scammed out bits and how the economy was ruined because someone found a glitch and dumped billions of bits into it.

SHiftt87
03-16-2018, 01:15 PM
With all of the issues that surrounded trading and glitching in D1 I can't wait until they introduce bit trading. The forums will literally implode under the weight of all of the posts from players being scammed out bits and how the economy was ruined because someone found a glitch and dumped billions of bits into it.

Yeah was talking about this with a clan mate.

JOCCO5150
03-16-2018, 01:20 PM

I'm hoping that they do implement something with bits like they have with platinum in warframe.

Kuraokami
03-16-2018, 02:57 PM
My 3 loadout classes are going to be demolitionist, assault, and assassin (demolitionist being my main, plasma burst rifle and mass cannon) :v

Calm like a Bomb
03-17-2018, 08:03 AM
My 3 loadout classes are going to be demolitionist, assault, and assassin (demolitionist being my main, plasma burst rifle and mass cannon) :v
I will have a loadout for every class!;):D:cool:

Kedarthebest
03-17-2018, 09:04 AM
2050 is to have too much change for me...me no like.

Ronin9572
03-17-2018, 09:11 AM
2050 is to have too much change for me...me no like.

Ppl have been playing this for so long now it's going to be tough for many to make the transition. Atm it looks like we're going to have a game that looks the same but almost everything appears to have changed. Guess we'll have to wait and see. It's been so long since I fired up the old PS3 that there was a family of dust bunnies living in it! Lol

OneBadClown
03-17-2018, 09:39 AM

Didn't they say no mass cannons?

Ronin9572
03-17-2018, 09:54 AM

That be SUPER!!!

Branded
03-17-2018, 09:58 AM
TY. Missed the live stream. ATTENTION; all insain discounts,free stuff has come to a sudden and abrupt end. Looks like i'll be around awhile aswell.

Calm like a Bomb
03-17-2018, 11:00 AM

No they did not. They said Mass Cannons will not be a common weapon but will be available as a "Prototype" weapon in which you will have to do "something special" to earn.:eek::D

NobleLionz
03-17-2018, 11:09 AM
I think trade will be added in the future.

*Auction house will fill the gap*

JOCCO5150
03-17-2018, 11:32 AM

They said mass cannon will be very rare

Kedarthebest
03-17-2018, 12:10 PM

Mass cannons,purgatorys and special weapons will be "Prototype" weapons. So you can only get them from events or rare situations they said.

OneBadClown
03-17-2018, 12:16 PM
One more nail in Trions coffin no reason to keep playing
rehashed game.

OokamiXIII
03-18-2018, 04:24 PM
So no unique weapons?

JOCCO5150
03-18-2018, 06:56 PM
No, this means unique weapons will actually be unique again. I remember before mass cannons were popular I had one of the few oj mass cannons around.

Vallee25
03-19-2018, 02:13 PM
As a long time mmo player I find mmo's that follow the "give us the edge over the next guy" formula isn't fun. For instance the pvp in the game currently is horrid. no point in doing it unless you have a very specific set of perks going and wepons, shields equipped. I can't stand that. in PVE it should be team work. not oh my score was higher then the 20 other people at this arkfall. PVE stands for player versus environment, I think peolpe forget that. it's not a competition in PVE its suppose to be team work. the class system I think will make it feel like its more of a team work built game. Taking trading out is also taking away from the teamwork aspect. it's like we are "trading" one for the other. Pun intended

I loved the arkfall ranking when I first played, but it should be based on classes not overall damage and kills, unless your a DPS class. There should be a healing /support, Dps, Tank etc and you are ranked and rewarded within your class and on different stats from class to class.

Usually the edge from one weapon stat to another was small, but it was always fun trying to get that perfect stat roll, makes grinding fun. If the controls, combat and enemies/bosses are fun, I can grind all day even on the same boss. However, I would like a chance at something better for all my effort, which is why Borderlands is my favorite console grinding game and Defiance was a close second. I fear they might be making changes to their formula to support a larger base audience but may lose their dedicated and long-term players in the long haul.