PDA

View Full Version : To trade or not to trade that is the question.

marty1954
03-17-2018, 02:29 AM
Hi. Does anyone know if there'll be a scrip based trade system or if everyone will just get the same guns to modify to their liking in the 2050 game?

Ronin9572
03-17-2018, 02:36 AM
Hi. Does anyone know if there'll be a scrip based trade system or if everyone will just get the same guns to modify to their liking in the 2050 game?

At the release of the game Trion has said trading won't be available, but did say that could change later on. Supposedly we'll be getting everything we need in drops, but we'll see about that!

KevinVonBach
03-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Supposedly we'll be getting everything we need in drops, but we'll see about that!

Yeah, I'm skeptical... to put things mildly.

Ronin9572
03-17-2018, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'm skeptical... to put things mildly.

Me as well. I mean it was such a competition to grab all that was on the ground before. How are they going to fix that? We've been so used to grabbing everything in order to trade it to friends or a profit. What's going to stop ppl from hoarding stuff, even if they can't trade it? But like everything else so many questions, so little answers, atm.

Mr Devlin
03-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Me as well. I mean it was such a competition to grab all that was on the ground before. How are they going to fix that? We've been so used to grabbing everything in order to trade it to friends or a profit. What's going to stop ppl from hoarding stuff, even if they can't trade it? But like everything else so many questions, so little answers, atm.

1. The stuff you see on the ground is yours to pickup...nobody else sees it.

2. from what I gathered in the Livestream hoarding will be difficult(and maybe not necessary?) since I think they said max inv. would 100?

smurfsniper
03-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Maybe they will minimize drops, turn off low scale items when you reach a certain EGO(no more Whites), Crafting items wont take inventory space? I dunno.

citizen basehead
03-18-2018, 12:50 PM

Removing rng based weapon modding and p2w bitstore gear, eliminates gear advantage(also it won't feel like it's impossible for players to obtain decent gear) , which was the reason people we're being ripped off or stolen from in the first place. So, if there was trading in 2050 it would not be as toxic as it is now. The only reason I think they're removing trading, is to keep people from farming gear with demo toons and giving it to their alts. It seems like they want people to obtain decent gear by earning it through game play (lol I wish D1 was like this).

Mifune013
03-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Maybe they will minimize drops, turn off low scale items when you reach a certain EGO(no more Whites), Crafting items wont take inventory space? I dunno.The way they were talking it sounds like you can take a common you like and raise it all the way up to a level 50 supreme item.

Mattmydo
03-18-2018, 04:52 PM
I think weapons and items are only gonna have a max lvl of 25, and also I think you'll still need drops to break down into ark salvage for upgrading your weapons/items.

TheNeoReaper
03-19-2018, 06:15 PM

People should play and earn there gear.

Kylarran
03-19-2018, 07:06 PM
I've watched all 3 of the twitch livestreams. While there isn't much, it's all fairly general introduction stuff so far, I recommend them. Player ego is capped at 50, and earned 1 at a time. Weapon level is on an entirely different scaling, and different rating levels are unlocked by leveling character ego to 50. The highest weapon rating I've seen so far is purple weapons at 4000 rating, and another account with OJ guns around 2500 rating. Ratings of weapons are boosted by the quality of the mods in them that are developed by breaking down drop trash guns for parts, and those parts are used to upgrade the mods in your keeper guns... salvage and scrip to unlock slots... guns have 5 mod slots now, with the 4th being the Ammo which is the nano element you wish on your gun.

So far, only the gun itself seems to be taking up inventory space. Not grenades, nor individual mods, nor their parts... in the very brief views we've had of them. We'll see and learn more as time goes by.

Also they intend for their to be no trading at the launch of 2050. Since their aren't synergies yet, nor mods specific to those synergies they aren't the rare items that are dropped in one event, one month out of the year. They are intentionally moving away from our current modding system to eliminate much of the current need for hoarding and inventory bloat.

Also, JP's will continue to exist, however the name is being changed to Prototype weapons. So far they've implied while they will be earnable in game with effort, also (it's implied several times) they will be available for purchase off the bit store for those with less time to grind. A mention was made that they will have established mods and rolls and that they will take the form of many of the unique guns we enjoy in Defiance 1.0, like the mass cannon. Seems they want to roll out Prototypes regularly.

JOCCO5150
03-19-2018, 09:12 PM
The only thing I see in this post that I believe is not right is the part about being able to buy prototype weapons in bit store. They said that there will be nothing linked to power in the bit store.

Daethel
03-20-2018, 12:43 PM
People should play and earn there gear.

Where gear?