PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle progress vs weapon progress

Voltron
04-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Can someone please explain why I can drive the same vehicle the whole game and level it all the way up to 20 or 25, whatever it may be. But I have to switch out my assault rifle every level and a half? Any thoughts?

LALLY
04-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Can someone please explain why I can drive the same vehicle the whole game and level it all the way up to 20 or 25, whatever it may be. But I have to switch out my assault rifle every level and a half? Any thoughts?

I think because there are more guns than vehicles

Voltron
04-10-2013, 07:11 AM
So we are screwed if we max out a favorite weapon cause its now pointless to use?

Grit
04-10-2013, 07:52 AM
So we are screwed if we max out a favorite weapon cause its now pointless to use?

Keep it around in a different loadout. Use the new generic whatever to get the levels and then use your old reliable weapon that you love when you're heading into a messy fight... i have like 4 ARs just collecting dust but i don't want to get rid of them.

Soulvak
04-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Keep it around in a different loadout. Use the new generic whatever to get the levels and then use your old reliable weapon that you love when you're heading into a messy fight... i have like 4 ARs just collecting dust but i don't want to get rid of them.

Pretty much this. It becomes easier to do the further you get and open up more invent slots. Right now I have a fav sniper smg and launcher set aside and enough room to have three loadouts.

Tango80
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM

I wouldn't say useless i would say more that you got so familiar with the gun that you can't learn anything more about it. Now the skill set is supposed to be how familiar you are with the different "types" of guns.

Not just one gun particular gun Per se .

Grit
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
The thing of it is...

Now if weapons became more powerful (DMG) the higher the EGO level then i'd have no problem selling off old weapons for scrip or melting them down for salvage. But the AR i got from Nolan in the Episode Mission is just awesome for my play style. No chance that i'll get rid of it. It Does more DMG than most of the crap i pick up at ego 440+ but it was all done this way to balance things out so meh... just gotta roll with the system we got and have our fun.

Tango80
04-10-2013, 08:03 AM
The thing of it is...

Now if weapons became more powerful (DMG) the higher the EGO level then i'd have no problem selling off old weapons for scrip or melting them down for salvage. But the AR i got from Nolan in the Episode Mission is just awesome for my play style. No chance that i'll get rid of it. It Does more DMG than most of the crap i pick up at ego 440+ but it was all done this way to balance things out so meh... just gotta roll with the system we got and have our fun.

I still have that bad boy still waiting on some awesome mods to slot into that thing. Too bad i keep coming up with a crap ton of detonator/pistol/guided rocket launcher mods. Where are my SMG, LMG, Assault rifle mods Trion?!?! They keep giving stuff i don't care too much for.

Grit
04-10-2013, 08:07 AM
I still have that bad boy still waiting on some awesome mods to slot into that thing. Too bad i keep coming up with a crap ton of detonator/pistol/guided rocket launcher mods. Where are my SMG, LMG, Assault rifle mods Trion?!?! They keep giving stuff i don't care too much for.

haha yeah...oh hey, thanks for the guidance system buttstock..soo glad i got that....

I'm gathering some rifle mods here and there but gonna wait till i have a set of 3 that i wanna put into the Noah rifle well that and to max out my AR levels so using a new AR every few hrs isn't needed

Tango80
04-10-2013, 08:16 AM
I chew through AR's like candy. Current AR level is about 12 I keep forgetting to take a look at the EXP bar on the gun so that i'm not wasting my time with it. Too bad I haven't gotten into that habit yet I keep maxing out then forgetting to swap out.

I'm just too busy killing things in game to notice sometimes.

Grit
04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I was a little sad last night when i finished of my legendary VOT Fragger shotty...actually finished two off last night.. one yellow and one orange...now its like..well time to find a new one to spam at hellbug instances

Tango80
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm going for the commando III pursuit just short by 1500 kills and 5 levels of infectors. then i'm going for the Assassin Pursuit next i already got my 500 stealth kills now i just have to get my 5k bolt action kills. That's going to be one long grind.

Grit
04-10-2013, 10:06 AM
i have yet to use any of the "big weapons" and just not interested in snipers for some reason... i wanna finish ARs and then just go mess around jumping my quad and use the ole shotties but not the sawed off...those blow in PVE

Tango80
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I use the AR's as my primary weapon. The reason why i'm doing the Assassin pursuit is because i know it will take the longest to finish. Because just like you i'm not one of those peeps who think being a sniper is coolest thing since sliced bread.

I'm just still wondering how many people rolled survivalist because they wanted to be a sniper.

The big weapons are pretty cool too i currently have my basic loadouts
#1 AR then shotgun or pistol. Standard battle loadout
#2 SMG,or pistol then Sniper rifle. DMR sniper loadout
#3 SMG/pistol/Shotgun. CQC loadout
#4 Detonator / Rocket launcher. Heavy weapons loadout.

ocktos
04-10-2013, 10:13 AM
if i remember correctly from the alpha way back when..... they allowed you to do something special once a weapon maxed out its EXP bar.... i don't think its implemented yet into the game... but it was kinda like reset the bar and get something >_>

i just think they have it removed... atm, just like the Vot charge rifle and a few other weapons

Grit
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I can't bring myself to use the VOT weapons...they just don't pack a punch or something...well the ARs don't

Yeah the City Survivalist aka Little Kid class lol...OUU I BE SNIPER... *vomits*

When i get my 4th slot i may make a heavy weapons loadout...but right now i run..
AR+SHotty
Shotty+Sub
LMG+Shotty

it feels like the heavy weapons just don't pack a punch... i dunno but i was never a heavy weapons guy to begin with...unless its BF3... RPGs/SMAWS FTW