PDA

View Full Version : Number of Wepons to Max Skill

SRod1706
04-10-2013, 07:17 AM
How many weapons to you have to use to get your skill up to 20? Before last night I was not paying much attention to just how fast I max out a weapon. I have an EGO lvl of 534 I think. A couple level ups over 500 what ever it is. Anyway. My LMG skill is only lvl 9 even though that is about all I used.

Anyway. Last night I bought a new gun just to level up with, and I maxed it out in about an hour to an hour and a half. So after that I go and buy 5 of the same guns, as training guns basically. BTW this makes me miss my better modded guns.

My question is, does anyone have an estimate of how many guns it will take to get a skill to lvl 20? With how much it is increasing between levels it seems like it might be something like 30-50 or so.

SRod1706
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Would anyone like to guess at least? :)

Munx
04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
My guees would be 17, since from what I've seen it takes about 1 weapon per level after level 4 (This is if you have the 1+ from my ego)

KashraFall
04-10-2013, 08:16 AM
I have bought at least 20 lmg's and found at least 16 and only have 3 that have no exp in them and am currently lvl 18..

Kyvia
04-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Much like KashraFall, I have vendor-bought, maxed, and sold off...countless SAW's and am sitting at LMG 16. If I had to wager a guess, it would be in the low to mid 30's. They level so fast in Co-op, I started buying up 5-6 at a time, just so I wouldn't have to drive back to a vendor so often.

Froggyman
04-10-2013, 08:42 AM
And people were trying to tell me this was a good weapon system. Having to vendor off/trash 20-30 guns is ridiculous. =P

That being said, I myself have vendored about 14 or 15 LMGs, and countless other guns. Just got SMGs to 5, working on Semi auto snipers now (which I can't stand, gimmie a bolt action any day)

KashraFall
04-10-2013, 08:44 AM
And people were trying to tell me this was a good weapon system. Having to vendor off/trash 20-30 guns is ridiculous. =P

That being said, I myself have vendored about 14 or 15 LMGs, and countless other guns. Just got SMGs to 5, working on Semi auto snipers now (which I can't stand, gimmie a bolt action any day)

Actually it isn't. It encourages variety. I never said it was a bad thing. Tedious yes, but not bad.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I currently have 15 maxed AR's in inventory and only at level 8, so at least for me it's not a 1:1 ratio for weapon proficiencies

CapN CooK 420
04-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Be very happy your already at 9 at 500 ego. I'm 600 and my highest as 6. Because many people didn't know about the weapon xp maxing out for the first few days. Fml

Dwane
04-10-2013, 09:05 AM
My guees would be 17, since from what I've seen it takes about 1 weapon per level after level 4 (This is if you have the 1+ from my ego)

Thats incredibly low guess. Im using ~35th gun and im at lvl17.

fishboy11
04-10-2013, 09:17 AM
yea the number is gonna be quite large, i am only just about to hit lvl 7 on my AR and i am on gun number 8 i believe and i'm pretty sure the skill gain slows down

Subtor
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
I think this wepon skill leveling sytem is seriously bad....It is actualy ruining the game for me..

If i have a wepon i like and i'v put all my script into it and now its useless seem like i did all that work for nothing...They should reely change it so i can keep getting skill points with a maxed wepon or not.

I'v not gone and baught wepons just so i can level them up when all i would be doing is selling them if they don't change this soon i will stop playing the game and i know im not alone in this.

This is just my opinyon of course but im shure many others share.Apart from that its a grate game im having a lot of fun killing those bugs.

I also don't like the arkfalls because it seems like no matter what wepon i have i'd be better off in a truck.. where is the sence in such things???

Instead of making 1 enamy have millions of hp make hundreds of enamys to fight with normal HP i think that would make it more fun this may seem a bt of topic but its not its about how weak i feel with useing wepons over a truck....

Amnesia
04-10-2013, 10:39 AM
I think this wepon skill leveling sytem is seriously bad....It is actualy ruining the game for me..

If i have a wepon i like and i'v put all my script into it and now its useless seem like i did all that work for nothing...TJust hold onto it until you're at max skill level and then it's just as useful as any other weapon of that type.

I would imagine that their goal was to encourage people to try out a variety of weapons in the category. Then by the time you hit the max skill level, you will have a better idea of your "perfect" weapon of that type.

jnt
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
My guess is around 50.

BleakPanther
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Just hold onto it until you're at max skill level and then it's just as useful as any other weapon of that type.

I would imagine that their goal was to encourage people to try out a variety of weapons in the category. Then by the time you hit the max skill level, you will have a better idea of your "perfect" weapon of that type.

^^This^^ is the correct answer.

jnt
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
^^This^^ is the correct answer.

I found my perfect AR type at ~200 EGO :(

BleakPanther
04-10-2013, 10:59 AM
I found my perfect AR type at ~200 EGO :(

Ok use it and don't level you weapon proficiency or bag it and find something else (similar or different) to use to raise your proficiency, if that's what you choose to do. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've not found any gun type to be exceedingly rare. I've gotten my AR proficiency up fairly quickly using only my favorite type. I just make an effort to save them when I find them and retrieve my mods when the XP bar is full and slap them in the new one. I have an orange sniper that I anticipate will be the gun that I max out and carry around for when I max out my bolt-action proficiency and I've had that for around 300+ levels.

Vuule
04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Just hold onto it until you're at max skill level and then it's just as useful as any other weapon of that type.

Their actual plan was for you to be able to reset your weapon EXP. Hopefully they'll put this back into place. However, once you reach weapon skill lv20, it doesn't matter anyway. Currently at lv12 myself with AR's. (EGO 959). No idea how many AR's I've used.

Subtor
04-11-2013, 04:15 AM
I can understand trying lots of diffrent weapons.Useing 50 assult rifles is not diffrent weapons its 50 of the same weapon no dout weaker then the one i enjoy useing there for i stand by my early statement.

Dixa
04-11-2013, 04:24 AM
I have bought at least 20 lmg's and found at least 16 and only have 3 that have no exp in them and am currently lvl 18..

stop at 19 until the bug with skills resetting is fixed.

Jeronan
04-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Absolutely terrible system!

Only reason they put this in Place, is to force People to grind for more keys or better, spend more Money on lockboxes!

F2P Cash Grabbing practices 101. Only With this game it's even worse, as it forced you to first pay 60 bucks for the game also.
So double dipping B2P + F2P practices.

I sincerly hope TRION will come to their senses quickly enough and removes this terrible "weapon cap/no more skill gain" system.

Derity
04-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Weapon Skill requires more EXP per level. The first levels like 1-6 or so, are pretty much 1:1 on gun EXP, maybe even less for the lowest levels.

At Weapon Skill 10-15 It starts to slow down to like 1.5 guns per Level, and 15-20 it slows down even more, I've only hit Level 16 on Assault Rifles so far.

Mork
04-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Absolutely terrible system!

Only reason they put this in Place, is to force People to grind for more keys or better, spend more Money on lockboxes!

F2P Cash Grabbing practices 101. Only With this game it's even worse, as it forced you to first pay 60 bucks for the game also.
So double dipping B2P + F2P practices.

I sincerly hope TRION will come to their senses quickly enough and removes this terrible "weapon cap/no more skill gain" system.

Dumbest thing i ever heard. Weapons literally are raining on you wherever you go, without having to touch a lockbox. Lockboxes are a epic/legendary lotto, and getting they keycodes to play that lotto without spending real cash is hardly an effort.

Jeronan
04-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Dumbest thing i ever heard. Weapons literally are raining on you wherever you go, without having to touch a lockbox. Lockboxes are a epic/legendary lotto, and getting they keycodes to play that lotto without spending real cash is hardly an effort.

Oh really? So you are telling me, especially after the blanked loot nerf across the Board they did recently, it's raining weapon drops in the world?
The only thing that is raining in the world, are ammo drops, 1-2 scrip drops and white/green grenade and Shield drops. On maybe 1 every 100th drop I get a white weapon and if Lucky a green one. I had one single Purple drop in the world over the course of a full week! And it wasn't even a weapon, but a Shield lol.

The storyline and episode missions have given an occasional decent weapon, but most decent weapons have come from loot boxes only ... or being Lucky to be at the right Place at the right time and get one from the "Sale" on a vendor.

So yes.... the entire loot system highly favors lockboxes!

Glitch321
04-11-2013, 05:00 AM
It's a silly system. Those defending it really have no valid argument. Everyone uses guns they like, I used different guns in different loudouts but that's not because this system is forcing me to, it's because I want to. Leveling up certain guns is fine but doing it in such a way is silly and tedious. It also makes spending ark salvage on modding a waste until the weapon skill is fully leveled... madness.

Mork
04-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Oh really? So you are telling me, especially after the blanked loot nerf across the Board they did recently, it's raining weapon drops in the world?
The only thing that is raining in the world, are ammo drops, 1-2 scrip drops and white/green grenade and Shield drops. On maybe 1 every 100th drop I get a white weapon and if Lucky a green one. I had one single Purple drop in the world over the course of a full week! And it wasn't even a weapon, but a Shield lol.

The storyline and episode missions have given an occasional decent weapon, but most decent weapons have come from loot boxes only ... or being Lucky to be at the right Place at the right time and get one from the "Sale" on a vendor.

So yes.... the entire loot system highly favors lockboxes!

I have 5-10 weapons of each category in my inventory (most are from random drops) waiting to be used, and they are all blue quality since i break down all the white/green for resources (and i get quite allot of them to break down), and i've broken down a fair few xp-capped ones i don't need any more. On top of that you can buy green weapons from most vendors in the game, and there are rare vendors that sells blue weapons that i don't see drop as often (like semi-auto sniper rifle). But wait! There's more! The reputation vendors offers all the variety imaginable!

So, you found an EPIC... in the games FIRST week, from a random drop? And you paint it out as a bad thing... How many do you think you were entitled to within the games first week, at around what, 500-1000/4000 EGO? Ten, a hundred, thousands? You can even buy epics from normal vendors if you're lucky enough to find one with an epic limited offer. I've found about 6 so far. But of course, i make the effort to go look for them now and then, i don't expect them to ascend from the skies on my command.

Realize this: Part of the current "endgame" is collecting/finding the weapons you need and level up your skill. I started levelling semi-auto sniper rifles 2 days ago, i'm already at level 9/20. And when my current weapons xp-caps, i find the correct vendor a buy more of them. In a traditional MMO-sense, that's even way to fast and easy!

So, minimal effort is required, very little research is required, no real cash what-so-ever is required unless you choose to spend it. Yet, you see it as a cheap cash-grab... Seems legit.

Gero
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Cash grab or not its an awful system. To find a gun you truly like in this game isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. Plus why should you have to play half the game with guns you don't like as much as the other guns you have sitting in your inventory?

I have 3 load outs at my current level, 2 I use with guns I plan on keeping and enjoy using, the 3ed is for leveling. I end up using the 3ed for everything but pvp. Sure it might be semi easy to find a burst shot ar, but to find a burst shot ar, that has base line increased crit and the right weapon slots and the right elemental is hard. One of the coolest things about this game is the gun variety. Once you find one you really like, you get to use it for a hour and then it becomes a disadvantage?

Anyone defending this system is just silly. They could have simply allowed you to level up the gun to max to get the bouse, but allowed you to keep gaining weapon level exp after. Then you could always use the gun you want without being punished.

NalkorRN
04-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Much like KashraFall, I have vendor-bought, maxed, and sold off...countless SAW's and am sitting at LMG 16. If I had to wager a guess, it would be in the low to mid 30's. They level so fast in Co-op, I started buying up 5-6 at a time, just so I wouldn't have to drive back to a vendor so often.
Which co-op would you recommend? Liberate the Lost since the boss has no special mechanic aside from two one-time heals and no time limit for a pursuit?

Lambchops
04-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Be very happy your already at 9 at 500 ego. I'm 600 and my highest as 6. Because many people didn't know about the weapon xp maxing out for the first few days. Fml

I'm around 950 and my highest is 5. I kinda just stuck with the few weapons I liked, didn't know about this until recently. Oh well.

Greywolf
04-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I hated the system at first, but I don't mind it now.

I just had to find a vendor where I can buy the weapons I want, cheap, and then I just throw a generic extended magazine mod on them, its quite easy.

Sometimes you also get blue or purple :) versions of the guns you like from lockboxes, they aren't hard to get, and should be looked at like they are a bonus. Love pistols..