PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To The Login Giveaway?

Johnny Dbag
03-19-2018, 09:28 AM
As the title asks, what happened to the login giveaway? I have no hopes that I would win, but someone should. Trion announced the giveaway, then nothing. I mean, come on. I won a giveaway from a Twitch streamer, claimed the prize and gave it away in less than 2 days of notice of winning. This login giveaway has been over for 2 and a half months.

Zephkial
03-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Still waiting for winners to respond. By law, we have to give winners a certain amount of time to respond, before we have to pick new winners. We keep picking winners, waiting for a response, getting no response and then picking again. We learned some lessons on this giveaway and will be doing things differently next time we do one of these. We will announce the winners once they finally respond back to us.

Tauriiel
03-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Still waiting for winners to respond. By law, we have to give winners a certain amount of time to respond, before we have to pick new winners. We keep picking winners, waiting for a response, getting no response and then picking again. We learned some lessons on this giveaway and will be doing things differently next time we do one of these. We will announce the winners once they finally respond back to us.

It might be helpful to know that often times, emails sent out by Trion aren't received. I rarely receive any emails, and typically find things out from forums or Defiance Data. It feels like every once in a blue moon I'll get an email pertaining to Defiance, or any Trion Worlds game, but friends will have gotten emails that I hadn't.

So, not sure if there's an issue internally there - - but that is indeed a thing, and it's possible the winners that were chosen might not have received any notification themselves. Just putting that out there!

JOCCO5150
03-19-2018, 10:55 AM
They should send a message here

Johnny Stranger
03-19-2018, 11:03 AM

it was open to anyone whom logged in once during the event in the 3 week span ...probably never to be seen or heard from again...lmao
the winner will be announced when the ps3 servers are given a 3 month shutdown window most likely ... I'm with Kon, just give everyone the prize...lots of af needed ...could boost revenue imo ...

Krapping Koala
03-19-2018, 11:03 AM

Not everyone has a forum account, but everyone has an email address

Johnny Dbag
03-19-2018, 11:16 AM
The email delivery system is flawed. I received two email regarding 2050 coming out, meanwhile my gal did not get any. Obviously you guys are dropping the ball big time. I would agree with others, that if you had posted the winners here, the word would have had a better chance of reaching the winners.

Greybush
03-19-2018, 11:30 AM
The email delivery system is flawed. I received two email regarding 2050 coming out, meanwhile my gal did not get any. Obviously you guys are dropping the ball big time. I would agree with others, that if you had posted the winners here, the word would have had a better chance of reaching the winners.

Or say for example a friend of mine won but left the game a month or so ago. Perhaps we'd have a better chance contacting them than Trion. A bundle of those jp's might just reignite interest for those that left but won this gear.

Kylarran
03-19-2018, 11:44 AM

Zephkial, what is the date the latest set of emails was sent to the potential winners... and when is their cutoff date to reply? I have 2 clans I'm involved with and putting it up on the MOTD, and bringing it up again in clan chat make sense.

Also, have you considered taking the server shutdown is impending coding, and modifying it to notify players... every hour... that they should check their emails from Trion on X date and reply before Y date. Maybe we can reward some actual winners, and move on.