PDA

View Full Version : Looting Keycodes?

Dahdii
04-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know good spots to loot key codes? I heard some spots are E-Rep missions, Defeating Hulkers, Hellbug Nests, and some others but I do not know where they are located. If anyone can 'show' me with a pic on the map that would be break. And I'm sure it would be great for the community as well. Thanks :D

Houngan
04-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I think I get a bunch at Arkfalls. I know I have gotten 5 a few times at the end of a major one.

Over00
04-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I heard that all hellbug random events are a 100% chance to reward keycodes. Other than that? I guess arkfalls *shrug*

Dahdii
04-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah I know Arkfalls is one but there's faster ways other than doing arkfalls

Dahdii
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Bump :) :X

Beats
04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know good spots to loot key codes? I heard some spots are E-Rep missions, Defeating Hulkers, Hellbug Nests, and some others but I do not know where they are located. If anyone can 'show' me with a pic on the map that would be break. And I'm sure it would be great for the community as well. Thanks :D

Best way in my opinion is drive around Iron Demon Ranch, lots of events on and around those roads that reward keys. If you are diligent you can easily farm 50 in less than an hour. Not counting any arkfalls that happen. Another place I have found that tends to have decent numbers of key rewarding events is near last chance gas station.

Fliptoast
04-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I did some research last night on random events that give guaranteed keycodes. These are as follows: Skitterlings, Destroy the hellbug nest, Help the e-rep defeat the hellbugs. The hellbug event to rescue the preacher 99% of the time doesn't give keycodes. Arkfalls obviously also give keycodes and PvP usually gives around 2. I drive circles around the Demon Ranch and usually get tons of the skitterling event which is by far the easiest and most efficient key farming area.

Fliptoast
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.arkfalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/madera_explore_www_arkfalls_com.png

Basically from 10 down to 5 around to 7 and a circle in that area, off the beaten path mainly.

hungwaylow
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
main roads stick to it and u will see them pop up alot. i gotten the most keys from hellbug nests. they drop 5 at a time. i stay away from the rescuing hostages because they dont drop any at all.

Olcsonn
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
You don't "loot" keycodes. You earn them through group activities, arkfalls, co-op missions, pvp, etc.

Dahdii
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
You don't "loot" keycodes. You earn them through group activities, arkfalls, co-op missions, pvp, etc.

In other words looting... If you go by that you can also say killing a boss and getting a rare is earning them through defeating the boss.

BTW, thanks everyone :D I will be doing those routes right when servers are back up!

Olcsonn
04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
In other words looting... If you go by that you can also say killing a boss and getting a rare is earning them through defeating the boss.

BTW, thanks everyone :D I will be doing those routes right when servers are back up!

You're right, I did not express myself very well in that. I meant "looting" in the more traditional sense, I meant that keycodes are rewards for completing group events. Sorry for the poorly executed expression.

EmptyOwl
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
So, is it a bug that certain random events don't give keycodes? What are the benefits to doing other events then?

Olcsonn
04-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I think it has to do with how much of the event you have done and how high you have ranked on said event. If you get that window with a ranking system on it then you will get a keycode. That is what I have noticed from playing, if I am wrong someone please correct me.

EmptyOwl
04-11-2013, 06:28 AM
I think it has to do with how much of the event you have done and how high you have ranked on said event. If you get that window with a ranking system on it then you will get a keycode. That is what I have noticed from playing, if I am wrong someone please correct me.

This is right for Arkfalls, but I meant the random events you find. I actually started tracking them last night after reading this post and found that all the hellbug ones, two miner99er ones (the ones with crystal in the name) and wandering hulker give keys. So far no raider or dark matter ones do. Still testing....

Fliptoast
04-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Both of the Crystal objectives with 99ers give keys, Crystal Clear and Crystal Cargo. Also Regicide with the monarch hellbug also gives keycodes. Will keep updating this thread as I research.

fishboy11
04-13-2013, 09:47 AM
all dynamic missions reward them, except the ones in SF those dont, i'm guessing ist a bug.

Twila
04-13-2013, 11:05 AM
all dynamic missions reward them, except the ones in SF those dont, i'm guessing ist a bug.

What do you mean by "dynamic missions", and what is "SF"? Please excuse my ignorance.
Twila

swatti
04-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Arkfalls aint the fastest way but doing one part or putting a few (and i do say few) bullets into the last boss can net you 5 codes. You can still hunt codes around the arkfall area ^^