PDA

View Full Version : Improved Character Creation for 2050? And some other stuff...

Applebite
03-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Are we going to be looking at the same old creation UI for this game or what? I mean, this is really part of the immersion of playing. It doesn't have to be like some other games out there, but a bit more flexibility would be nice. And bring on the Sensoth!

I was also wondering, will we be able to edit our weapons, gear and vehicles appearance, such as swap colors and such?

One more thing, will there be a fix to the Camera issue? Personally, i'd like to see a means to flip the camera from right to left and back again, to see around corners. if not, at least put the view directly behind the avatar...

OneBadClown
03-25-2018, 09:52 PM
How about stability, do away with lag & more content. I hope all works in the end.

Applebite
03-25-2018, 10:04 PM
Right, let's ignore that huge 30+ thread on that specific topic alone. :rolleyes:
And it's not as if I'm not concern about that, it's an issue I addressed there....

JOCCO5150
03-25-2018, 10:22 PM
There won't be as much lag because the next gen consoles can handle the game better

drackiller
03-26-2018, 03:54 AM
There won't be as much lag because the next gen consoles can handle the game better

I really hope so.
I`ve been playing the game these last couple of the days to reacquaint my self with it. This morning i was shocked by the amounth of people playing it on the EU PS3 server, everywhere i went i saw dozens of people playing it but a major problem persists among the players.
Explosions, explosions and beams of light, those are the great enemies of the game on PS3, yet people abuse on their use.
Altough, for how much i may like to use Detonators i trully understand why they must be removed from the game on 2050.
Limiting the effects of splash damage weapons is a good thing even on the PS4 and X1.

Ronin9572
03-26-2018, 05:24 AM
I really hope so.
I`ve been playing the game these last couple of the days to reacquaint my self with it. This morning i was shocked by the amounth of people playing it on the EU PS3 server, everywhere i went i saw dozens of people playing it but a major problem persists among the players.
Explosions, explosions and beams of light, those are the great enemies of the game on PS3, yet people abuse on their use.
Altough, for how much i may like to use Detonators i trully understand why they must be removed from the game on 2050.
Limiting the effects of splash damage weapons is a good thing even on the PS4 and X1.

I feel the same. Been playing a little on the PS3, still having all the issues I remember from before, ugghh. I have seen plenty of players, but not as many as I can remember seeing from before. I was doing an event minor the other day and was all alone. Than 3 other ppl show up, didn't bother me till the all busted out mass cannons. Than I couldn't see a thing, can't believe they could either

shawn4511
03-26-2018, 06:22 AM
I don’t mind the dets n mass cannons when the person actually aims and is not spraying and praying I ran a expo yesterday where this dude hit everything but the raiders I swear he shot me n the walls more than the raiders they should simply remove the flashing explosions so other players can see

drackiller
03-26-2018, 06:28 AM
I don’t mind the dets n mass cannons when the person actually aims and is not spraying and praying I ran a expo yesterday where this dude hit everything but the raiders I swear he shot me n the walls more than the raiders they should simply remove the flashing explosions so other players can see

The problem with spamming explosions is that the game slows down and lags unbearably. This are very old problems.

OneBadClown
03-26-2018, 09:05 AM
I really hope so.
So for those of us like dets & masses we have to suffer? BMG's along with these can't be
toned down as opposed to eliminated? Hmmmm seems trion can't handle graphics.

drackiller
03-26-2018, 09:11 AM
So for those of us like dets & masses we have to suffer? BMG's along with these can't be
toned down as opposed to eliminated? Hmmmm seems trion can't handle graphics.

Splash damage is a problem in many games, not an exclusive of Defiance, but in Defiance itīs way worst than in any other game.

cmpowell
03-26-2018, 12:41 PM
I really hope so.

Where is it mentioned they are removing dets? I don't remember seeing it in a thread or in a livestream and they are clearly using a rl in the ign gameplay video. Are you sure it's not just rl and dets that have splash effects.

OneBadClown
03-26-2018, 05:01 PM
According to dev's, mass cannons are going to be experimental.
As for dets and bmg's not for sure but since they are prob now.....

Razoreddie
03-28-2018, 06:25 AM
I would say BMGs are likely staying since they said there would be an actual Healer class. What else would they use? While a Healing Rocket Launcher sounds fun, it wouldn't be very practical.

Wurm
03-28-2018, 06:33 AM
I would say BMGs are likely staying since they said there would be an actual Healer class. What else would they use? While a Healing Rocket Launcher sounds fun, it wouldn't be very practical.

Do it like the Siren in BL2... she shoots you to heal you. Of course that will only work if you can actually see other players during ark falls, which in DF1 you can't most of the time.