PDA

View Full Version : 2050: Replace or Separate ?

CowdBlud
03-26-2018, 09:59 AM
Save me reading through a zillion threads and posts, and I have tried searching but will someone be kind enough to confirm for me if the 2050 will be a REPLACEMENT for defiance or a completely new game that will run ALONGSIDE it ?

Thank you

Bentu
03-26-2018, 10:03 AM
It's the same game with some add on's.

There's more to the add on such as modding weapons but I've not been keeping up with it all.

But it's basically a re skin of the game.

CowdBlud
03-26-2018, 10:10 AM
:) yeah but you missed my point I think.... will Defiance as I know now STOP when 2050 starts or will I be able to stick with Defiance?

irisawifi
03-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Defiance will still run.

Bentu
03-26-2018, 10:19 AM
:) yeah but you missed my point I think.... will Defiance as I know now STOP when 2050 starts or will I be able to stick with Defiance?

Sorry I'm really feeling quite ill at the moment and in hindsight shouldn't of posted but yes the original will still be playable for a while after 2050 drops.

Edit. Actually if you're on PC I've no idea how it will work as the consoles are upgrading to the new gen.

CowdBlud
03-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Sry to hear that mate :(
Yeah I'm on PC, have no real interest in starting over so will stick with Defi until it drys up...
thx peeps.

BeckAltarr
03-26-2018, 11:11 AM

I'd say 6-12 months after the release of 2050 Defiance as we play it now will see it's Sunset. I don't see them keeping two versions of the game running for any length of time. It would confuse people. Especially with PC. They might get a little extra life out of it on the PS3 and Xbox360, but support would likely not be a thing. People wont put money into Defiance. Pretty sure the only reason people are spending any cash on Bits right now is for Valor Points and we have no idea how that's being calculated. Once they cut that off the funding will virtually dry up and move to 2050 on PC for sure since the game should be more stable than it's been recently.

cmpowell
03-26-2018, 12:32 PM
I believe they said they had plans for d13 through the end of 2018 after that is up in the air tho

Mijikai
03-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Zephkial told me in in-game chat that they were not ending Defiance when 2050 comes out. We will still be able to play the game. I'm not to keen on starting over either in 2050. I worked to hard and put in to much time and money in defiance to start from scratch all over again.

Daethel
03-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Defiance will still run.

More like crawl. The days of Defiance are over.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Zephkial told me in in-game chat that they were not ending Defiance when 2050 comes out. We will still be able to play the game. I'm not to keen on starting over either in 2050. I worked to hard and put in to much time and money in defiance to start from scratch all over again.

They also said they would never nerf the 0 load zaggers... js

Punkcore
03-26-2018, 04:19 PM
So Defiance 2050 is not a sequel or have more maps, monsters, etc?
Is it just a remaster?

OneBadClown
03-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Me too. I would have preferred to have SOME of my weps and shields instead we get titles.
YEAH!

CowdBlud
03-27-2018, 06:59 AM
I dont 'know' but would assume there would be some legalities with shutting down a game where you have actively encouraged people to invest a fair amount of money into without fair recompence !?

irisawifi
03-27-2018, 08:14 AM
I dont 'know' but would assume there would be some legalities with shutting down a game where you have actively encouraged people to invest a fair amount of money into without fair recompence !?

Not really. Games come and go. MMO servers get shut down and people move onto new games. Nothing new.

Remember, everything you "buy" in an online game is not yours. It is the property of the company/game.

defiancegame
03-27-2018, 08:23 AM
But it's basically a re skin of the game.

Basically yeah...

Antony Harrist
03-27-2018, 09:50 AM
actually from what i can gather i think 2050 is going to be seperate, i cant see them keeping it going for too long though, it will take a lot of resources to keep them both patched up

ive got an inkling mostly the console players will jump straight to 2050 though, pc players are not really gaining much, but they are losing a lot

i think i will play d13 until it closes down, and jump to 2050 when i have to

CowdBlud
03-28-2018, 02:20 AM
I dont know, I cant get past the whole losing everything I've worked so hard for and the money i've invested into Defiance and just roll over, take it up the proverbial and start over! Just cos 'they' deem it so!?
This has certainly taught me a lesson, never to do that again. Play yes, but if you can be shafted this easilly then spend = no!

I get the whole games come and go but Defiance isn't suffering from low player count and dying a slow death as happens with some like games.

I used to play a game called Neocron which went on and on for years and years, they eventually made the game free to play but kept the servers running for the players - that showed respect. A company that cared that their loyal players still wanted to play the game.